ROM at Chalet

shymz

hello, I'm thinking of holding my solemnization at one of those bunglow type of chalets. Does anyone know where I'll be able to rent one of those?

what do you think of the idea? please give comments

bleue

I had the idea during my ROM but couldnt find one. Those in Pasir Ris along Elias Road are mostly for corporate users. Eg for UOB, OCBC, URA staff. You must know someone from one of those organisations and usually need to ballot.

Changi Bungalows are usually Mindef owned.

Civil Servants of certain job grades can ballot for nice chalets in Aloha (chk website)think its www.aloha.gov.sg cant rem. they get it at a very good price. But even if you know someone, got to trouble that person to book, ballot and chk in for you too...

Aloha have beautiful chalets. If you dun have budget contraints, public can get it a the list price which is quite ex, but very nice.

shymz

bleue:

i've seen the chalets in the website (aloha) but i think it's difficult to book
sad.gif
i don't want to risk not being able to book one coz public can only book 2 months in advance

heart

Hi Shyms,

try Chevron, i heard public can book too. it located at west. the pool is juzt outside the room, can hv swimming pool solomization...jux need some decoration to make the place feel more like ROM.

freshie79

Hi Shyms,

I also have the same idea as you. Will be holding my ROM next FEB in a bungalow type chalet. Right now i'm asking my sister-in-law to book for me cos she is an executive in Mindef.. and i will only know the result in mid NOV.. me now so gan cheong!!
If you have frens or relatives in govt positions maybe you can go thru this website http://www.esrcc.com.sg/bungalow/index.html to have a look.
Hopefully you are able to find one which accomodates your preference.

disneybaby

Hi Erica,

I have seen the website but it states that decoration for celebrations - wedding, are not allowed in and out of the bungalow leh

snoozy

my fren told me abt this chalet few mths back.. and at first i was very interested on that chalet but later realise we are not allow to have wedding deco there.. so i give up on that idea

not_firmed

Hihi.. is this thread still on??

Wanna find out if we can cater our own food inside the chalet?? Aloha loyang.. thanks..

moonlightmist

Hello tweety,
Are you holding your ROM at aloha loyang? I am holding my Rom there!
I have checked with them.
They allow outside caterer for personal booking (meaning not corporate booking)
and they allow decoration as well just as long as you dont damage the place.

not_firmed

Hi Min..
My ROM on 14 feb.. Intend to book 2 days 13 n 14 feb. But i haven book yet, not open to public yet.

U intend to engange someone to deco the place??

moonlightmist

hi tweety,
yah i will engage a florist to decor the place..
at first thought of decorating the place myself with the help of friends but my ceremony at 9 in the morning so will be very rushed and stressed..
so thought get someone to do it easier.
someone in this forum recommended me a florist..but have not met her yet so dunno how's her service..

not_firmed

Hi Min.. I booked my place alr. seaview bungalow unit 6.. which unit u got??
so u intend to engage one ha?? may i know the charges??

gelaine

Hey Tweety, you can actually check with the coordinator of the chalet. When they gave me quotation of the chalet cum buffet, they did mention they also have florist/deco contacts.
happy.gif

gelaine

Hi Tweety,

The quotation is on a case by case basis. Thus u have to check with the coordinator. As mine is during the super peak season, thus they were unable to reserve the chalet for me. And thus, i am not able to have my ROM there. Anyway... what was stated in the email is that for buffet lunch/high tea 40pax + Chalet 2D1N (Changi cottage) based on peak period rates is $950nett. They will do a setup for the solemisation table in the garden area. And they sent me the pics previously which i deleted... it's quite sweet. So you can liase with the resort Executive.

Her contacts:
Goh Jing Xian
Resort Executive (Business Development)
aloha resorts
HP : 9787 8095
DID : 6581 9042
FAX : 6582 3714

Hope it's useful enough.
happy.gif

not_firmed

Gelaine.. thanks for the quotation.
I think $950 nett for peak hour is reasonable leh.. Coz the resort on peak period alr more than 100 per nite. Do you know which catering that will prepare the food??

I think i shall call to ask for quotation too.. hehe...

gelaine

Hi Tweety,

Nope... i dunno which catering they engaged. But the last time my bf had his bdae celebration at aloha and engaged their catering, the food wasn't that bad. And the servings were huge. So i not very sure if it is the same.
happy.gif
You can ask them for the name then ask around... alot of ppl shoudl noe. Hee...

not_firmed

Hi Gelaine.. I have called her, she said she will send the quotation to me and let me know the quotation for different caterer. but till today no news yet.

May I know when's yr rom?? at where??

gelaine

Hi Tweety,

I think you got to wait a while. If still no reply, maybe you can email her.
happy.gif

My ROM is at a cafe near town on 18th March 2006.
happy.gif
Just got my venue and JP confirmed. Now designing my own invitation card and wedding favours. Heh...You? How's all preparation?

not_firmed

Gelaine,

Mine will be at Aloha loyang on 14 feb 06. I got my JP and have filed also. Got a friend to design our invitation card. photographer also got it liao, who will be my friend. he learned from proffesional and have done a good job for his friend. saw his profile and it's good too.

I'm looking for MUA now. counting no of guest and haven book the buffet. Mean time also thinking of how to deco the place.

u got yr mua??

gelaine

Hey Tweety,

My MUA is from my BS one...
happy.gif
Haiz... cracking my heads with the invitation card. Have u printed yours? I've designed so many times but not satisfied with it. Wow... you having ROM on V-Day... that's sweet.
happy.gif

not_firmed

Gelaine, I haven c the invitation card yet leh.. i think my fh will settle it, coz his friend is doing it. I'm not creative enough, so cant do design. haha.. where u intend to do the printing?? heard that JB is cheaper leh..

ya.. on valentine.. but will be crowded on that day and all the flowers go up alot lor.. i afraid cant get real flower to deco the place.. u need to engage deco??

gelaine

Hi Tweety,

Hmm.. i intend to print it in Singapore. Only have about less than 20 cards to print, thus go JB abit too far. U have alot of guests? I got to know place where printing is quite affordable too.
happy.gif

As for deco, i dun need to engage florists or watever. It's all covered.
happy.gif
I suggest you make a booking earlier. My friend also having hers near V-Day on the 12th. She had placed a booking with a florist. =)

not_firmed

Oic.. then print in sg is better, else the travel is more than that liao.. Ya, i think y guest list getting longer n longer.. at least got 80 pax..
which printing place u said?? how much is that??

I order the flower long ago, but haven told her the date leh.. she quote me liao, but now my rom on v'tine, so don know will go up or not leh??

gelaine

Hi Tweety,

I print in SG postcard double side full colour is about $0.85/card.
happy.gif
This shop in Tampines.

HMm as for the price increase for your flowers, maybe you can book with her earlier and bargain alittle lor.... my friend got hers confirmed at normal price. But also prob coz not yet V-Day. But the florist did tell her flowers will be in high demand on that period though. So better let your florist noe earlier. And maybe you can source around more to compare prices...
happy.gif

not_firmed

Gelaine.. oic.. print means print out the whole card is it?? sorry, abit blur.. hehe..

ya, v'tine normally will be v ex lor.. think will call the florist to check. actually i intend to collect 1 day earlier, coz we check in 1 day earlier n quite far from the florist..

gelaine

Hey Tweety,

Yeah i am gonna design the card myself as a 2 sided postcard. Then i will sent it in for printing. Collect within an hour i was told.
happy.gif

If you're talking about a normal fold card,it should be about $1.20 per pc for a double sided full colour.
happy.gif

not_firmed

Gelaine.. oic.. u so creative arh to design yrself.. i'm not creative, so no no.. haha

what wedding favour u wanna give to yr guest?? u got it liao??

gelaine

Hey Tweety,

I'm gonna give either chocolates in those organza pouches... or maybe chopsticks? Also gonna DIY the packaging and all myself i guess.
happy.gif
What about you? Decided on what to get?

css80

Hi Gelaine,
U mention that ur ROM is at a cafe. May I know how to get quotation from those cafe ? Is it just go in the cafe u like and check with the boss directly ?
May I know how much is urs and including what in the price ?
Thanks

not_firmed

Gelaine.. I don think i'll give wedding favour leh.. I invite too many ppl liao.. will cost a bomb.. haha...

I got the quotation from Aloha liao, kind of dissappointing. I told her to give me the quotation for 80 paz and the caterer's information but she didn lor.. she gave me for 40 paz only. and it's 1100 nett. i think v ex compare to yrs rite??

gelaine

Hi c@ss80,
I dunno if you can just walk in to the cafe to ask. For me, i was reccomended by a friend, which is why it was exceptional case. My price is inclusive of 30 pax buffet, with rental of the place for 3 hrs. I'm payin about $1200.
happy.gif
I emailed several cafes but was declined. The only one who agreed via phone was The Oaks, which is not exactly a cafe either.
happy.gif

Hey Tweety,

Maybe you can quote the price she gave me to her and say you were referred by a friend? You can give it a shot. I think it's also due to the fact your bungalow is different. The quotation i got is for Changi Cottage and it's actually smaller i guess.
happy.gif

gelaine

Oh Tweety,

Forgot to add. If you're really thinking of wedding favours, you can just DIY yourself. It's actually not that ex.
happy.gif
But i guess if you're holding at chalet, you can just buy chocolates and put it at the entrance table or buffet table, then put a tag in the bowl that says "Thank you for coming to share my joy". Something along that line. My friend did that too as a replacement for wedding favours. And as for caterers, maybe you can do your own catering coz i know they allow. It may be cheaper.
happy.gif

not_firmed

Gelaine.. they told me that it's case by case. i think coz of V'day that's y more ex lor.. The buffet is same price as outside. just that the deco is more ex.

I think I'll deco it with balloon rather than flowers.. I'm sure the flowers cost a bomb on that day.. hehe.. thanks for yr suggestion. will consider abt that..

gelaine

Hey Tweety,

No prob. Decoration wise dun need to be very extensive also lah. Coz i saw my friend's one at a chalet, the pictures is mainly with family and friends... not so much on the deco too. Most impt is the solemnisation tabel and chairs.. that one nice nice can le... hehe... balloons are nice too. Buy those silvery silvery one... pink blue and white... very romantic already. I see people at chalet do b4... and all can DIY! You need alot of ribbons though...

not_firmed

Gelaine.. ya, this is what i think of too.. but the solemnization table, i only have the table cloth leh.. i don have skirting leh.. n the seat also i think no cover seat. Now then i worried they don have rectangle table for me leh.. do u know if they have this long table??

Do you know where to get this balloon ha?? NTUC got?? must look ard liao..

gelaine

Hi tweety,

Hmm... Solemnization table.. i'm sure you're ordering catering right? You can rent from the caterers at a cost... since yours is like 80 pax, normally you can get a discount. And you can try negotiate with them for the table cloth too. That's what my friends did and she only had like 60pax or less.
happy.gif
If not, you can try going down to Aloha to ask them if you can rent a table for 2 hrs or so. Shouldnt be very ex. As for skirting, you can just buy a white cloth and use thumbnails to do folds and secure it. I did it for my friend's ROM at home. It's not fantastic but it looks great enuff on photos. No one can tell...

As for balloons, i think you most prob can't get from NTUC. They only have those coloured ones... try look around still. Will be able to find. I'll help u source and see what i can do. Will ask around for you. Meanwhile you can hunt those party shops.
happy.gif

not_firmed

Thank Gelaine...
wao.. u really gives me alot of ideas.. thanks lot.. will try to look ard when go shopping.. haha..

gelaine

Hey Tweety,
I actually foudn a list of balloons supplier for you... maybe you can call them to check out the prices...
happy.gif
I'll PM you the contacts now... Have helped you email several few others... see if they got reply i'll get back to you. Some of the providers include helium pumping into balloons which will end up costing more. So you can liase with them say you want the unblown up one... then guess you got to ask your hubby to put in the effort in pumping them up. Heh...

not_firmed

Hi gelaine...
i got the list liao.. thanks alot.. i will check one by one once i got time.. now rushing for my project else i cant go bintan liao.. hehe

pandaface

hi Gelaine,

I saw your qoute for the aloha changi cottage is really cheap! I got the quotation from her is $3300 and is at a off-peak period! Actually like the place v much but this is way too expensive for me. So sad.

gelaine

Hey Shannon,

How come so expensive? $3300? For how many pax? And include what? Mine i rememebred the other time is inclusive of 2 days 1 night only... with 30 pax buffet or somethign. Can't really remmeber liao...