Riverview Hotel

eccentrical

Hello..

Got any feedback on River view Lily Ballroom, thinking of holding my wedding there.. Unsure cos just started to do planning.. But budget conscience.. THanks Heaps!!!

birdie

Hi Ting Ting i have confirmed my AD on the 7th Oct 2006 with raymond.
So far i m very happy with his service & package.
The ballroom is not bad with high ceilings & no blockage . Their package is below $600 nett so tink it is value for money for a nice ballroom & bridal suite stay.
I got to use their cameila room for my cocktail reception as well so i have the whole floor to myself on tat day. U may want to call up raymond for more details. He is a very nice guy who can accede to ur requests as long your request is reasonable.

rachelcheng

Raymond is a super nice guy! If not for his wonderful service, I nearly chose another hotel..
He remember our names even after many months!

sierra

Hi all....just wanna share my experience...My AD was in Sept, hot date, so the hotel had 3 weddings that nite and I was using the Lily ballroom. I gave up the use of Camilia ballroom in exchange for some perks.

If you have the whole floor to yourself, that is ok....for me, lucky i came down early, if not my guests are a bit lost :p

Take note: If you are using your own music during the banquet, please make sure u test it with the audio folks before the dinner. especially if you are using mp3 songs....during my dinner, they screwed up....said my CD didn't have enuff songs, (which isn't true) cos later almost towards the last dish, they started playing my CD....so my guess is if u wanna play your own music, use CDs instead of mp3.

Next thing, the service of their banquet folks varies. During my 1st dish, the music stopped halfway, dead silence for a while. Luckily the waiters were experienced and stayed calm...

Overall, i would say that RV is not bad for the price. but food wise...the quality varied...i guess due to my hot date as well.

probably want to schedule rehearsals one week before the dinner to test your audio and video equipment....

just my 2 cents worth
happy.gif

choyagal

Hi Sierra,

I intend to hold my AD in River View Hotel.. Like to find out how's their bridal suite? Can share with me your experience.. Thanks..

sierra

hi hui ming,

we had an upgrade to the executive suite...there's a living room area, and the bedroom....it's not super big...but comfortable. i don't have much comments on the suite, it's probably not as luxurious as the 5-star hotels, but watever is required is there...

there's a jaccuzi pool in the bathroom as well, but we didn't used it cos was too tired...

are u happy with the ballroom though? When's your AD?

choyagal

Hi Sierra,
My AD is on the 12th of March 06. Have viewed the hotel, quite satisfactory. But now headache with their carpark lot. Did u encounter the same problem?

birdie

Hi hui ming,
Yah carpark is quite small but if the cameilla room dun have function on that day shld not be too big a problem..
They will provide free parking on Miranmar hotel opposite if the carpark is full also.

My AD is on 7th Oct 2006. they let me have the cameilla room as a precocktail reception.
U can ask raymond also.

sierra

Hui ming: yes...wat i did was distribute the carpark coupons before the dinner for family and close friends and told them to be early. i guess u dun have to worry too much, when it comes down to it, most guests will just find watever available parking. Just informing them early that lots are limited should be fine.

like cloud said, they provide free parking on Miramar hotel. The next best is King's centre next to the hotel, $4 per entry i think.

if there isn't many functions happening on your AD, the carpark should be sufficient (80 lots)

time_precious

hi all, anybody has recently attend/hold their wedding dinner at River View? Really needs some advices on their food, Services /ambience?
Can anyone help? Thanks

rainnie1

sierra, actually the bridal suit is the same for everyone...mine ... i had it mine in dec 2004 hor...also same as u ... had a living room and bed room with jaccuzi pool as well.
happy.gif
my uncle's wed also had the same thing.
So its not much of a upgrade loh...they will give u one dun worry gals

jily

Hi All..

My AD is on Jan and it will be at Riverview Hotel.

I sign the package with Raymond as I'm very pleased with his service and attitude rather than other hotels.

But Raymond got promoted some time ago so May took over our event. He'll no longer in charge of any event.

May's service and attitude is very very very TERRIBLE at our first meet up with her!!! And I feel like cancelling the banquet and even forfiet the deposit. Regret taking up the package with them.

Luckly Raymond knew abt it and claims he'll take over.

Its juz to warn you all out there. Don't sign up with May, she's new! Look for other co-ordinator instead. She'll definitely spoil your day and worst, even your AD!

I personally feel that she spolit the image of the hotel.

lilostitch

Hi all,

i had my wedding dinner at Riverview hotel in oct.. Sign up with Kim peng.. She's friendly and accomodating... Tried to get the executive suite too from them.... my package is around $650 , 9course.. negotiate with Kim peng to get 2 barrel of 20 litre of beer..

li_ning

hi all, just had my AD at the lilyballroom.Very impressed with the food and service.The BQT team did a wonderful job and price was reasonably cheap. Would recomend kim peng as your sales coordinator.

soeur

HI all,

Are there any pictures to share for Riverview hotel's ballroom since there's so much praise for it
happy.gif
Am really keen b4 i head down as my Fh is not in town to go with me for viewing...

appreciate the help! thks

ssybaby

Hi Jily

Mentioned that your co-ordinator is May, mine is May too.

I hvnt communicate with her face to face yet, only thru email.

Can i request for change of co-ordinator instead?

Who is gd?

li_ning

hi dolphin, you may want to speak to one mr richard tan and ask him to change your co-ordinator. mine was kim peng and ranjit on the AD both was wonderfully helpful.

ssybaby

Hi Li ning

I went dwn to river view hotel yday & was served by Kim peng, cos May is off...so i'm sort of lucky

Did neg much cos she told me is all sub to approval
sad.gif

syuen_wlx

hi, just wanna share my exprience in river view.agree with jily that this person May is really a person with a terrible attitude.recently went to rvh to enquire about package, happen to be my unlucky day that was served my May. she is so unwelcoming and with a bad attitude. I wonder why the hotel has such a sales personnel.it is a big loss for the hotel cause i will not be having my day there and i wonder how many customers they have lost because of her. so becareful you future brides

Tortoisezzz,
I just went to River view, River Palace for buffet dinner just now. They are in charge of the wedding banquets at River view hotel. The food is terrific! I personally find it's better than many 5-star hotels food!

sockie

Hi all,

Quite worried about the food and service provided by RV, as some mentioned that it varies. How are the food and service now?

I am keen to sign up with them. Can i check what are the perks that i can ask for?

bubbleluv

Hi

Me will be having my wedding there next yr. The co-ordinator, Kim Peng, is a very nice lady. Very happy with her service & she indeed did followup with us after a few meetup.
Manage to get the whole floor reserved for my solominsation & banquet. Their Hotel rooms have been recently renovated & have great senary!

Thumb up for RV!