Republic of Sg Yacht Club RSYC

pearline

Hi Zenn

Yah loh...Maybe lah. First of all, dun feel like spending so much for the wedding and end ourselves in more loan.

Secondly, feel a bit hopeless abt RSYC. Till now, I still have not gotten any update though Eddie told us that he will revert DEFINITELY b4 New Year. I wasn't too hopeful on his committment anyway so giving him probably 1 or 2 weeks more. I don't want to go after him as I think if he cannot prioritize what to do then it's really scary when it comes to the arrangement for my AD. Sorry lah, maybe my expectation too high. Haha.

So now start to look at more alternative loh. I am trying to get my hubby to tone down on his expectation on the wedding theme so that we can open ourselves to more choices.

Our first choice is still RSYC but just in case we are forgotten by Eddie then I think we have to turn to others liao. I can't afford to wait. By March, which is another 2 months only, I will need to confirm on the venue mah.

I called Mount Faber Safra yesterday and the lady told me that the wedding banquet over there is also very hot. They already have couples booking for 2006 wedding so she also has to check if anyone falls in March.

Very scary leh...now all pple so kiasu....We just have to join in the gang...hahaha

BTW, other than being too dark for Hotel Rendezvous, how do you find the settings?

Hi Fish

How are you? Long time never see you leh....start to be very busy since now is 2005 liao and yr wedding is just like in 6 months' time?

zenn

Hi Pearline,

Wow even 2006? Looks like ppl start planning 1.5 - 2 yrs in adv now?

I nv seen Hotel Rendezvous setting b4 so cant comment? Hey how abt Amara? Heard quite reasonable too?

fish

Hi gals

Helloo!!! Happy New Year!!!

Have been MIA for quite some time... very tight with projects. Have been working till 11pm every night and even on Christmas Eve!
sad.gif
No time to think of wedding.

Pearline, I'm meeting up with Eddie tomorrow. Let see how things work out. I've considered changing from RSYC to 88 Restaurant before. The restaurant setup is very nice but they are almost fully booked on weekends for 2005. Also, they have revised the minimum table requirement for weekend to 35 tables, which is quite impossible for me to hit. So, that's why I've to stick with RSYC. But their pricing is very good though. Weekend rate starts from $458 nett. Of course, ambience wise, nothing can beat an outdoor wedding arrangement.
happy.gif

pearline

Hi Fish

Looks like business is good for you so no worries abt yr freelance services next time...hahaha

Wow, 88 Restaurant needs min 35 tables?! I dun wish to hit that too...actually the only worries for holding at restaurant is there is no personal room so feel that it's less convenient.

Hope that your meeting with Eddie will be a good one and things can be more or less settled so that you can concentrate on other areas.

Hi gals, wish you have a great weekend. I am going down to Mount Faber Safra tomorrow so see if there is any interesting things to share with you.

pearline

Hi Gals

It's a new week again!

Fish, how's your meeting with Eddie? Everything done?

Hi gals, as per mentioned last week, I have gone to Mount Faber Safra to take a look on last Sat. I prefer the restaurant to their function room. The restaurant is quite impressive with all full-length glass panels, which you can see the greenery outside. That makes it more impressive than the function room.

Find the environment very nice but to use the restaurant and get it fully booked, they need a min of 30-35 tables, so can only put it under our KIV list loh.

zenn

Hi gals,

Sorry for MIA cos just back from BKK.

Pearline, did you try Laguna country club? Heard the ballroom quite nice too!

Fish, wow looks ur biz real gd ya :p Yes yes, do update us for ur meet up wif Eddie!

zenn

Hi pearline,

Yup but not enough time to cover all hehe

Well true. Will b very far for those stayin at the west. Btw, you decided ur date?

fish

Hi Pearline

Ya confirm with Eddie liao. He said if I want to do outdoor, per table cost is $620+ inclusive of tentage, fans, chairs, tables.

He's very nice. He will book both the ballroom and the foreshore deck for us since our is a special case (postpone out of no choice). He'll call us if someone wants the foreshore deck/function room on the same day as us and we have to let him know our decision then.

Hubby not keen on spending so much on doing an outdoor reception though I liked the idea very much. Eddie also feel that we shouldn't spend so much on the wedding reception since our tables number are very small - now max is 23 tables. After confirmation, may even drop down further to 21 tables. So he said if we can only reach 21-22 tables, might as well do it indoors and he can help us sit 11 pax per table and just charge us accordingly for 1 extra pax per table.

zenn

Hi fish,

Why wanna change to ballroom? Mine was ard 23 or 24 tables too. Find it better cos not so cramp and more time to mingle ard
happy.gif
Btw, $620+ does not includes decor?

pearline

Hi Zenn

$620+ is inclusive of everything, I think their basic decor loh. If u choose flora that is more expensive then must top up lah.

Well Fish, personally feel that if you are opting for indoor venue then perhaps should not have gone through so much of trouble with RSYC liao. Not forgetting we all love RSYC because of the environment? Anyway, isn't it good that you have less tables then if you go ahead to take outdoor wedding, the total cost is still not too harsh on you mah...just my personal opinions lah...u may like to give some thoughts over it?

But again, it depends on your budget. Work out the wedding within your means, if not, you will have a hard time after the wedding on the payment issues and will not have good memories about the wedding?!

Actually that's the prob with Eddie lah. Everytime you meet up with him, he is very nice and you will be quite pleased but after that his follow-up simply cannot make it and really piss people off.

I am still waiting for him. Haha...I dun think I want to make the first move to approach him again, like begging him to do my business....
happy.gif

I very bad hor?

zenn

Hi pearline & fish,

Since its already includes decor, try to get the florist to 'add' in whatever you wanna lah. Eddie quite nice so should not be any problem.

fish

Hi Gals

Actually, now that my wedding has been postponed for so long, my engine already stopped liao loh. So, I didn't mind doing inside the ballroom if it means less trouble for me. Anyway, Hubby don't want to spend the extra money just to look good. But of course, that will depend on eventually how many tables we have. Eddie says the ballroom can take max of 20 tables only. But that can hold 220 pax lah. No more than that. If we have 230 pax, will definitely have to do it outdoor.

So just see how things turn out then.

pearline

Hi Gals

Zenn, I agree with you. Nowadays a lot of people really did it out for parents. But I guess once it comes to the AD, the Bride will definitely be very excited too.

Well, after all these researching, I also become very bored leh. My hubby is like wants cheap and good buffet and very picky over the environment and setting. I so sian. I was so frustrated last week that I told him since he die die also wants buffet then we just hold it at the Community Centre opposite our in-laws flat. I saw many couples doing it. Ai.....

fish

Hi Zenn & Pearline

Ya... actually the dinner is more for parents' sake. Initially, I was very on. Wanted romantic setting, nice food, don't mind paying a bit more for what I want. Already try to help save money by not doing in hotels. But hubby keep putting me down by saying, "What's so romantic about doing it outdoors? Still the same food what. Guests will complain if it rains or its too hot.... blah blah blah"

So now, I'm very sian liao. I told him we'll do indoors if less than 220 guests, if more than that, we'll do outdoors. Then he ask me, "why must you invite so many people? Have to invite all your colleagues meh? Must invite your JC friends meh?" Really feel very sian. My company only 20+ people, it will be very weird if I don't invite all and then its also weird because my JC friends are already talking about attending my wedding dinner... How can I tell them I don't intend to invite them right?

zenn

Hi Fish & Pearline,

I can what you mean. In fact initially I didnt want dinner but my hubby prefers too - partially also for parent's seek. So we decided to ve solemnization + dinner same day. Find it more meaningful. Anyway, since we ve 'no choice' but to have dinner so might as do something we will enjoy too
happy.gif

Fish, ve you actually work out the list? Think you guys really ve to compromise?

Pearline, you very cute leh. You and your suggestion :p

pearline

Hi gals

Hope you have a great weekend! Well, for my case, I am the one more in need of a wedding dinner coz I am the only daughter.

My hubby has 2 elder sis who had already hold their wedding so their parents are not so particular liao.

But my parents also just need a simple one and with financial constraint, I am actually quite fine with anything but just that my hubby insisted that if want to hold dinner, then he wants something more diff, in buffet style so that we can mingle around.

Aiya...sian lah....I dun even feel like looking into anything now. Just asked my hubby over the weekend so what he wants...now is already coming to the end of Jan liao and we are still like heading no where....

Hi Fish

Enjoy yr preparation and do share with us your experience ok?

Gals, have a great week ahead!

zenn

Hi gals,

Pearline, sound like you sian abt the preparation liao leh hee Ve you guys decided on the date?

cindeekoh

hi gers

been a while since i entered...hv been so busy with work manz....so much so that i lost 4 kg within the last 3 wks...sighz.

hv yet to sign with rsyc yet though...no time to even talk abt it with his parents...but how are things coming along for u gers?

zenn

Hi gals,

Where is everyone???

Cindee, I wish to lost weight like you leh hee. When you planning ur Ad?

pearline

Hi Gals

So sorry...have been MIA for a while. Was quite busy and now down with virus infection. Have been having fever near to a week.

Zenn, you are right, I am quite sian already. Anyway, just get to finalize our date to be on 29th April 06 as none of the March date that we wanted is good for us.

Wow Cindee, you must be very slim, that's y got so upset that you have lost weight...I wish I can lose weight like you too!

Gals, I will be going to The Pines this Sat if I recover. See if I have anything interesting to share with you next week.

Enjoy your week!

zenn

Hi pearline,

Oh no! Take gd care ya! Seems like so many people falling sick...

The Pines sound familiar. Where issit huh?

cindeekoh

hey zenn and gigijrt

no lah. not tt me very slim and upset...it just means that i very busy with work loh. sighz.

me planning sept 06 loh. the first sat of the sch holz. should be 9th of sept if there is no changes to the sch calendar...but 99 sounds funni hoh. but like no other date lei. but is it too early to book with rsyc huh?

zenn

Hi pearline,
Oh I know where liao hee. So did you manage to look see at The Pines?

Hi cindee,
9 Sept is quite a popular date cos it means 'chang chang jiu jiu'!

pearline

Hi Zenn

Yap, we went to see The Pines on Sat. The Sales Mgr was quite nice, showed us the setting of the room and cocktail area and also some of the wedding favors.

I think my hubby feels that the place is too cramp, probably due to the low ceiling. My feeling for the place is also so-so. I think it's ok if you do not have too high expectation loh. The place is not as impressive as what we see on magazine though. Hahaha....

Hi Cindee

Yah loh, yr date is not weird, it is a very popular date mah. I think u need not rush into booking yet loh. Go and look around first. However, you may start enquiring with RSYC to have a taste of their svc level and see if you can take it loh.
happy.gif

pearline

Hi Zenn

I also dun know leh. Think now my hubby would like to take a look at Orchid Ctry Club again. Anyway, he was telling me that his parents feel that we can save the trouble and not have any dinner.

So I told him of a great idea....just have a buffet spread in the afternoon at the shelter at our void deck. Hahaha.....

zenn

Hi pearline,

You and ur idea :p

You guys been to OCC b4? Where exactly you guys be having at OCC cos it will b buffet rite?

Actually you been v patience ya?

pearline

Hi Zenn

We went to OCC before but was looking at the ballroom. Have not look at the garden area for the buffet. Remember you mentioned to me before that it's not very impressive right?

Well, to be frank with you, I am very tired of this thing liao. I think my hubby and I have different perceptions abt this dinner event so I am really getting very pissed off. I meant if at this moment we are still talking abt whether to throw the dinner or not as and when we like it, I feel that something is really not right. I don't want to waste my time anymore. When he decides then we talk abt it again loh.

He can still ask you qns like "You dun mind we dun hold the dinner meh?", "You like those traditional practices like March in and toast meh?". Erhhhh...in my mind I was thinking what can I say....You can say all that you want!

Hee, sorry ah....to let off my steam here...

Thanks for bearing with me so far though.

fish

Hi gals

I'm finally back! Finally my regional projects are coming to an end.... can see light at the end of the tunnel liao. Have signed up for driving lessons, so keep rushing in and out office, didn't have the time to login.

Pearline.... your hubby sounds just like my hubby! Don't be too upset over this. If he keep picking on small little things... then just tell him why not let you make the decision? Actually you can still have the Chinese dinner at RSYC if you are still keen on that place.... definitely saves a lot more $$$. At most, you don't do march-in and yum seng loh.

In fact, me and hubby have decided to do away with yum seng... since we're not serving alcohol except beer. As for the March in... hehehe... I'm quite vain leh... don't wanna waste away my WG without people admiring it... so I definitely want to do it. I wanted to do an outdoor reception but all my friends, colleagues, siblings and hubby keep asking me to do indoors and to cut down on the number of guests so that we can fit it indoors. A bit disappointed but I know they are saying this for our own good. Old relatives don't care about ambience, they only want good food. So my friends and sis told me not to waste extra money on doing it outdoors if possible. And my brother and sis-in-law are so afraid that the day will be rainy that they keep asking me if I mind doing it indoors. Let just see how things work out lah.

zenn

Hi gals,

Pearline,
No problem, its gd to 'let go'. Dun keep everything inside your heart, no gd ya! Dun get so upset... Guess its common that guys n gals v diff opinion or preference when come to wedding. Guys will nv understand wat gals want so you ve to let him know what you thinking or want. I feel that you been keeping to yourself and always giving in (pandan me if I am wrong). Actually its best to sit down and talk abt it. Alot of compromise is required
happy.gif

Fish,
Finally you are back!!! You like forever bz leh. After project and now wif driving...

Actually I want to do away wif yum seng too but my hubby likes it so we agreed to ve 1 instead 3 yum seng.

pearline

Hi Gals

Wow, Fish, you are finally back! I thought you are busy with your preparation since yr AD is nearer and nearer.

Hi Zenn

Thanks. Yah lah, you may be right that I have been giving in. Perhaps I feel bad that actually we can dun hold any function but becoz I need it at my side so he has to "bear the burden" so I try to go along his wish as much as possible loh.

Anyway, I am giving myself a break man. Let him think and decide what he wants then I proceed with my research loh, if not, it's a waste of my time.

Wow, CNY coming....next week gonna be a short week....so gals enjoy ah!

zenn

Hi pearline,

You are most welcome! Hey dun feel that way. Communication is very impt in a relationship. Wedding is a once a life thing so dun live wif regrets. Of course we gals cant be too demanding or unreasonable lah hee... Like what I was say, Compromise lor
happy.gif

fish

Hi Pearline

Zenn is right... Its alright to let off steam... better than building up inside you. If the wedding dinner is very important to you, you need to let him know why. But at the moment, just cool down a bit. Your wedding is still more than a year away, so there's still ample time to discuss after CNY when you both are in a more relaxed mode.

Hi Zenn...heehee... paiseh... Now that work has slowed down a bit, I must grab the opportunity to learn driving. Then I can use this as an excuse not to stay late if my boss asks me to OT again. Working 14 hours a day for extended period is really not my cup of tea.
happy.gif

zenn

Hi gals...

CNY is in 3 days time! How's ur preparation?

Fish, wow 14hrs a day is too much rite? Poor thing...

brides2005

hey i was a former bride at RSYc just early this year.i must compliment that RSYC have done a good job for my wedding and we are very pleased with their service.Eddie seems a little uncompromising initially, but after much communication with him , i find that he's okie to help you as much as he can.he has his constraints so we need to understand his situation as well.most importantly, no need to fuss over too much deocr there, cos the place itself is very wonderful already.my guest, me and my hubby has left the place with deep memories in our mind n photos.

one thing to note about the weather condition for an outdoor event over there.the wind can be very strong and most guest will not want to mess up their hairs, so my advsie to make use of their ballroom space.they have very good speaker systems, cosy ballroom and good service staff to serve your guest.

pearline

Hi PP

Thanks for your re-assurance. We are still considering them but trying to seek for alternatives first since I still have the time to look around.

So you did an indoor dinner?

Hi Gals

Enjoyed the CNY holidays and Valentine's Day? Anyone gotten any interesting gift and like to share?

fish

Hi PP

Did you have a ballroom wedding instead of outdoor one? Do you find the march in a bit short?

Its very likely that I'll be doing my wedding indoor. But I find the ballroom a bit old and cramp leh. Do you think 20 tables will be too cramp for the ballroom?

zenn

Hi gals!

PP, glad that you ve a great time! I missed mine too
happy.gif
Any photos to share?

Pearline, how's ur venue shopping? Any conclusion wif ur hubby? Went Rama Thai for dinner on Vday. How abt you?

Fish, urs is 4mths away! Feeling excited?

fish

Hi Zenn

Very paiseh to say... me and my hubby are so laid back until we haven't booked our AD photography nor HM package yet. In fact, we haven't started searching. My friends just reminded me that if I don't book it now, I'll not be able to find an actual day photographer within my budget and I can't find any accomodation in Europe since Jul-Sep is the peak holiday season.

Now starting to feel very kan cheong. I think this weekend I got to start looking at photographers' portfolio and do some research on where we want to go.

pearline

Hi gals

Good day!

Hi Zenn, my venue shopping has come to a stop due to CNY and also my hubby very busy with his job....ai...

But we will be going to Kriston to check with the consultant on the type of wedding theme they can help us to create perhaps within the next 2 weeks.

Valentine's Day? Me only went to Lau Pat Sa for Fatman satay and went to watch "I do I do".

Hi Fish,

Actually my uncle is a photographer. Not so sure abt the rates, but if you are keen, I can give you his contact and check it out. You can email me at [email protected] coz I may not come in here so often nowadays due to tied down by work.

As for HM, no worries! A lot of travel fair coming on the way. I think there are 1-2 in March and Natas fair in April if I'm not wrong. You can check it out on Suntec city website.

fish

Hi Pearline

Wah, Kriston is very expensive leh....I've checked them out before when I first started to do my venue search (Tot of doing at Botanical Gdns) but dropped the idea cos the venue rental fee alone costs around $3K.. excluding marquee costs and food costs.

You 2 better than me lah. My hubby don't even bother to celebrate VDay with me. I ended up shopping with my colleague while he lazed at home to watch TV.

My friend recommended me a photographer but he was already booked on my AD 1 year ago. He gave me the name of his assistant or partner or whatever whom he work with... Going to meet up with him this Saturday to see his portfolio. If I'm satisfied, then I contact your uncle lah. Have sent you a private message. Are you using your uncle for your AD photography?

I've requested a brochure from Contiki and another one from Insight Vacations. I'm quite keen to join Contiki since they limit the travel group to people between 18-35 years old.... so sure can make a lot of friends during the trip. But not sure if hubby wants to travel with group or not. He actually wanted to do backpacking initially.

pearline

Hi Fish

I saw that Kriston has the premium package whereby the venue cost is already inclusive. The price per pax starts from $48++ so I thought still quite ok. But the venue is constrained to Fort Canning, Asian Civilization Museum and Chijmes.

I will reply to yr email separately. Well, I shall be using my uncle...no choice right? Haha. But he is actually quite well-known lah, did photograpy for a couple of corporate events and even MP events. He has an office at Sims Ave (Geylang) where you can visit and take a look at the samples.

Good luck!

brides2005

Hi Ladies

I have a simple wedding outdoor, no indoor banquet,but i have seen a wedding process in the ballroom before.it was quite well done up.no worry about the space.it's just nice for 20 tables.i can see the guest sitting comfortably.

I have problem uploading the photos which i took at RSYC.any advise which website can do so??? i have a lot of photos taken there.

hey introduce my AD photographer to you.he has taken very nice shot while i have my wedding there.he's jimmy.call his mobile at 91075402

zenn

Gd morning gals!

Fish,
You really win liao lor! Hopefully you can settle ur AD photographer soon. Btw, are you getting videographer?

Pearline,
ACM v nice! You sure $48 inclusive of venue? If so, thats v cheap leh!

PP,
You had buffet or chinese dinner? Did you sail in by the boat too?

fish

Good morning!!!

Hi Zenn, Pearline and PP... I've finally booked my AD photographer... phew!!

Now, left with HM package to book.
happy.gif
Waiting for the NATAS to come out for discounts
happy.gif

Pearline, $48 is very cheap leh. I went to the website to take a look... I think it doesn't include rental of venue but include setting up of tables, chairs, and food though. The rental alone costs around $2600 for evening on a weekday. But I might be wrong.... you can check with the person in charge though.