Regent Hotel

Discussion in 'Wedding Banquets' started by happy sunny, Apr 21, 2001.

1. Ying1098

Ying1098 Member

Hi, I had just emailed to check the package and the coordinator that replied me is also Ziya. Mind to share about her service? Was thinking of Regent for my wedding for the coming year and might be meeting her soon.

2. honeycrumbs

honeycrumbs Member

Hi, she was not my original co ordinator, my original one transfered to another department so she took over. So far nothing negative, she's very friendly and prompt in replying e mails and calls. She also managed to get all our requests done.

3. misscincin

misscincin New Member

Hi, I'm in a mid of choosing the menu for my food tasting. Any graduate brides can give me a review on the food you have chosen for your AD?
    I'm having wedding lunch. So the menu might be different from the wedding dinner. TIA:)

4. cherryame

cherryame Member

hi is your ballroom Royal Pavilion? max 50 tables? due to my date, this is one of the two hotels that is still available now so im considering.

TIA!

5. honeycrumbs

honeycrumbs Member

Yes, at Royal pavilion, the big room at lobby floor

6. GObride

GObride New Member

Hi ladies, I am thinking of holding a small wedding in Regent. I know they just held a wedding showcase but I missed it. Do you think I can still negotiate for perks? If so what sort of extra perks do they provide typically in wedding fair? Did you like the hotel entrance, general waiting area and the ballroom? Does it look dated or fresh?

7. zxrach

zxrach New Member

hello~ i am short listing regent hotel for my wedding next year. is there any suggestion on the wedding coordinator at regent?

8. devil0spy

devil0spy New Member

look for SOPHIA ONG 9856 6237 Quote recommended by sophia sim :)

zxrach likes this.
  9. zxrach

zxrach New Member

You are her friend?

10. devil0spy

devil0spy New Member

no, not my fren, BUT i dare say she is really damm good! if not for budget constrains i would have gotten regent hotel. no where else ... how many tables r u looking at ?

11. zxrach

zxrach New Member

Okok.. 28-30 tables le

12. devil0spy

devil0spy New Member

when is ur wedding & wats ur budget per tab ? do drop sophia a msg, ask her availability of the date also ask her if ur date is a hot date(more exp per tab). i think the grand ballroom will fits u well ... that one i think minimum 25 tabs ... i dont have so many ...

13. Xiu11.19.16

Xiu11.19.16 New Member

Hi, I am currently working with Zi Ya for my wedding and so far it has been a very good one. Very approachable and comfortable with her which is the most important aspect. I have many questions she responded promptly. Having my wedding this year Nov

14. zxrach

zxrach New Member

thanks! i have already confirm on my banquet with Sophia as well! AD is next year dec

15. Jeremiah Clough

Jeremiah Clough New Member

Will u be interested in regent hotel?

The package is for 35 tables but u can bring it to less tables, then u will have extra credits for table upgrades hotel rooms etc..

Original price is 58,900 letting go at 46,900.

We will be forgoing out deposit of 9000 and paying you 3000 to takeover.

This makes it 1340 nett per table (35 tables)

Pls pm me if interested

Thanks[/QUOTE]

16. akane81

akane81 Member

Anyone know the payment policy for Regent? How much deposit needed to confirm the booking?

17. Jeremiah Clough

9000 for deposit

18. Jeremiah Clough

Have cancelled my package with regent already but if somebody wants to takeover there is a foc discount from me due to the 9k deposit.

So here is the package details regarding pricing:

Original price per table: 1429++ = 1682 nett.

Package now going for a min spend of 36,000 nett - 25 tables
    => each table cost becomes 1440 nett

Savings of $242 per table. Total 6k discount

Interested pls let me know thanks

19. Gwenlhy

Gwenlhy New Member

Hi can i have more details? Do contact me at gwennlhy@hotmail.com

20. Ying1234

Ying1234 New Member

Hi all,

I'm letting go my regent hotel wedding banquet for next year 2017. You may change the date subject to availability.

It is min 30 tables at the main ballroom.

Do pm me if you're keen to takeover. I will send you details Etc. Will need to get back to the hotel by end of next month.

21. Ying1234

Ying1234 New Member

Hi Everyone,

We have booked a wedding dinner banquet in 5 November 2017 at Regent Hotel but have to let it go.

- It will be in the main ballroom at Level 1.
    - Min 30 tables.

Genuinely interested parties, you can pm me for more details on the perks that we have, per table pricing etc..

More information will be send to all interested parties.

Transfer of ownership can be done. The banquet can fall on any dates, subject to availability.

If you have yet to find any videographer and photographer, I'm selling mine too.

Videographer is the next chapter film
    Photographer is Synchronal photography
    Check out their Instagram from wonderful works done.

All deposits have been paid.

Thank you

22. Dollysum

Dollysum Member

Is this for 2017?

23. Dollysum

Dollysum Member

Anyone held wedding dinner at Regent? How's the layout for the cocktail at the foyer of the Royal Pavilion ballroom? Will be great if anyone have pics to share :)

24. tilelaine

tilelaine New Member

Hi Jeremiah,
    I'm interested in taking over your package if it's still available and can be used in 2017. Let me know.
    My email is t.i.l.elaine@gmail.com
    Thanks!

25. tilelaine

tilelaine New Member

Hi, I'm interested to know more about your package if it's still available. My email is t.i.l.elaine@gmail.com
    Thanks!

26. Ying1234

Ying1234 New Member

Hi Everyone,

We have booked a wedding dinner banquet in 5 November 2017 at Regent Hotel but urgently have to let it go.

- It will be in the main ballroom at Level 1.
    - Min 30 tables.

Genuinely interested parties, you can pm me for more details on the perks that we have, per table pricing etc..

More information will be send to all interested parties.

Transfer of ownership can be done. The banquet can fall on any dates, subject to availability.

If you have yet to find any videographer and photographer, I'm selling mine too.

Videographer is the next chapter film
    Photographer is Synchronal photography
    Check out their Instagram from wonderful works done.

All deposits have been paid.

Thank you

27. Tulipmania

Tulipmania New Member

Hi there, able to drop me an email on the package that you guys are willing to let go? :)

I am contactable via jlxkl17@gmail.com

Thanks!

28. lalilulelo

lalilulelo New Member

Hi Ladies, just to share my wedding experience at Regent.

Coordinator Ang Ziya - before package was signed, she was prompt and helpful. After 1st deposit paid, you have to prompt her to take action. She was MIA on AD briefing cos she was 'busy elsewhere'. No courtesy to even check with the couple even after the wedding ended.

Florist - Not keen to respond even when you mention you want to do an upgrade of deco

Solemnisation room - Sound system screw up

Wedding dinner - Food below average and served cold. Service was bad. Waiters were just so bad and clearly not trained.
    Had spillage on few guests. Uneven serving of food. Waiter just pour the soup out from 1 of the bowls to balance out with other portions. They were also rushing guests to finish up even thou they can clearly see you are still eating. They even miss out to serve guests at the bridal table.
    The banquet managers do take care of you during the dinner. But when dinner has ended, we were not even served our dinner that was put aside.

Concierge - couldnt get the room key to work because concierge has check out the suite and extra room, even when the wedding was still going on.

Overall very bad experience with the hotel.

29. Van_nisterlrooy

Van_nisterlrooy New Member

Anyone sign up for their banquet for 2017 during their wedding show in Sep16? care to PM me your package? am thinking of signing with them but is considering the pro and cons.

thanks in advance

30. Cynplified

Cynplified New Member

Hi, I’m a newly graduate bride. Had our wedding banquet at The Regent early November.

Our coordinator, Willius, was very attentive and accommodating with our wedding arrangements.

Banquet captain was also experienced with the arrangements on the actual day.

Our guests had given very positive feedback on the food that was served.

Great hospitality received from the staffs.

Overall, we highly recommend couples to consider hosting their wedding at The Regent.

31. linslarry

linslarry New Member

Hi! Wow.. was it really that bad? I'm seriously considering Regent for my banquet in 2017 and my coordinator is ziya too. So far, among all the hotels we've visited, she seemed to be the only 1 with the best service and will call us up to follow up etc. I'm kinda worried and in a dilemma now

32. dollielovely

dollielovely Member

Hi dear cynplified,

Yes i agree willius is super customer oriented and attentive. Im served by him at this initial stage and out of several site visits, yes he gave me the most impressive service ever with a great personal touch! End day even i did not choose regent, definately will compliment him to his coy that this man is a real GEM

33. bassklarinette

bassklarinette New Member

Hi,

I'm interested in the Nassim Room and going to see the site this Sat.

Could anyone who has recently held their wedding there (2015-16) give some feedback on the food and service? Anyone who went to their wedding show on 19 Feb can share what perks were given as well?

Thank you!

34. Chubbbs

Chubbbs New Member

Hi! Has anyone signed up with regent hotel recently? may I know if you have managed to negotiate for additional perks? any upcoming wedding shows? Thanks :)

35. VioletW

VioletW New Member

Hi
    We have signed up with regent for 17 December dinner recently. We cannot get much additional perks except 20L barrel beer and 1 bottle of wine per confirmed table. We signed up anw cos we like the hotel. :)

36. yojotunes

yojotunes New Member

Hello ladies

Anybody would like to share feedback about your coordinators? We are looking at signing up with Regent for dinner banquet for late 2018.

Thank you!!

37. minli

minli New Member

My coordinator is Willius Koh, response is slow, does not touch base or follow up with you even when nearing to wedding date.... i am only 3 weeks away to my wedding but emails were not replied after 3 days, whatsapp no reply. I am the one asking questions to find out what do they need to know from me...... maybe bcuz i am only having a small wedding lunch? This was a vast difference i heard from my friends who had weddings at other hotels where their coordinator actively contact the wedding couple 1 month before and make sure the wedding reception goes well.

If your wedding is being held at the later part of the year, suggest that you select and make them commit to your selected your wedding favors as early as possible first
    , as their suppliers seem to NOT restock those that are OOS along the way. I got the cold reply saying "Stock will only be replenished next year" for the ones we selected despite choosing 3 different ones...

38. Y.JLee

Y.JLee New Member

Hi all!

Wanted to share my wedding experience for my wedding on 11 Nov held at the Tanglin Room. It was a small cosy dinner for 16 tables. The shape of the room is quite long, so you have a substantial walkway for a nice march in!

Right from the start, we dealt with Willius, the Catering Sales Manager. For me, he made all the difference in the world. He was always prompt and polite with regards to our enquiries. Even after signing up and paying the deposit, he would drop in with us periodically and let us know the timeline of the things we have to decide on and the details we must provide him with. I was even surprised that on the actual day, he was there to check in on us in the afternoon, once more just before the march in and managed to catch us just when we were checking out the next day! Basically we couldn't have asked for a better coordinator!

For the actual dinner itself, I observed that the service was very prompt and active in serving drinks. Food was served hot and quite a number of guests commented that it was by far the best food they've experienced at a wedding. Personally, every couple MUST have the Jasmine Tea Smoked Chicken. We scrapped having a 2nd March in just so that we could be seated to eat that dish! :p

The banquet managers Ian and Isaac were also damn awesome because when we ran out of red wines, instead of asking us to buy more red wines, he offered to convert unopened bottles of white wine to red wines instead, saving us some extra cost. This small gesture shows how genuine they are in caring for their customers.

Overall, the venue is not the most grand, but it's the people working there that makes it the most special place!

Oh and breakfast served to your suite the next morning!

39. Stereophile

Stereophile New Member

My wife and I had our dinner banquet on 12 Nov at the Royal Pavilion Ballroom for 30 tables. The wedding was a huge success and all our guest left happy and satisfied.

The manager in charge was Ziya who met all our expectations. Prompt response and accommodating to our requests. Gave us a level of comfort by providing us her HP number right at the beginning. Of course there wasn’t any critical matters that requires us to call her at late night or over weekends. Nonetheless she responses to messages in reasonable time.

Nearer the date she assigned her assistant Laura who looked into all nitty gritty details of the event, like table arrangements, cocktail reception layout, program schedule & logistic. Can’t inagine not having Laura taking care of these details for us.

Alas the banquet Mgr Anba and AV supervisor Chua and team added the magic touch to the night with quick reflexes in situation management and ambience control.

All in all, nice place with a superb team that gives the star on top of the A.