Recommended brand for fridge,TV & Washing Machine?

homemaker

Hi brides/brides-2be

Pls advise as to which are the better brands out in the market for my purchasing needs? or poor brand in the mkt tat I shld avoid purchasing such as failure of items, poor after-sale service etc?

Pls advise,tks!

L

lee hwa

Hi Hm

Here's my 2 cents worth

fridge - fisher & paykel
(however, Japanese brand may be more practical according to one friend). YOu could try national.

TV - most of them are the same, you may want to try Toshiba, Sharp, Sony, Philips or Panasonic. Personally prefer Sony or Toshiba.

Washing Machine - can try LG. My mom has been using for quite a while and serves her well. Another brand to look out for is National.

Good luck.

P

p

I think Ariston is quite a good brand when it comes to electrical appliances.

T

trotty

For fridge - F&P is very nice...but think it has high energy consumption. Ariston gets very noisy after awhile. Japanese brands are more power efficient.

TV - Toshiba may be good and cheap but just pray that you do not have any problems with your set as they have terrible support services.

Washing Machine - I am using Ariston, so does my parents and uncles..... no negative comments so far.

tigerlily

Hi home maker,

for fridge,
- Fisher & Paykel is great! but very ex.
- Ariston has nice designs, but somehow it 'cries' abt 3 mths after you use it (lets out a wailing sound every time you open & close the door). had same thing from 2 of my friends.
- my fridge is the National bottom freezer one. really good!

for TV
- mine is the Panasonic flat screen. very clear.

for Washing Machine
- Sanyo & National are good.
- look out for these features when you get a washing machine:
load - get something at least 5.5kg-6kg load (can wash curtains, bedsheets, comforter etc)
timer - some timers allows you to set it 3 hrs apart (1, 3, 6, 9 hrs before wash). get one that has an 'hourly' timer so that you can set it to wash before you come home.
functions - have 'gentle' function for delicate clothes, adjustable water levels, speed function...
- mine is 'Haier' brand. made in china. has all the functions we want, looks good, 7kg load only $350. the down side is that it's quite noisy.

S

some info

hi i am also building up my home and here are some points i have to share.

fridge - F&P is very ex. for average family, jap brands like national, mitsubishi good enough.

for TV - my hubby insists on Sony and nothing else. but i think Panasonic is quite good too.

for washing machine - i am going for Zanussi, front lading. Italian brand. no-frills brand. dun have fanciful designs/knobs/controls. basic stuff. but very durable.my mum used one for 10 years and it was still functioning well until my maid spoilt it accidentally.could have still been working fine if not the accident. another brand to consider is electrolux. very good and established brand well known for durability.

P

p

My fridge is F&P.
TV - Sony
Washing Machine - Braun

I chose all my appliances based on their appearance and I haven't had any problems so far. As long as you go for the known brands in the market, it should be pretty reliable.

K

kk

I am currently using the following:

Fridge - LG (another recommended brand is Hitachi, others are sharp and sanyo)

TV - Panasonic (another recommended brand is toshiba and sony)

Washing machine - National (highly recommended. Others are sanyo and sharp)

Hope above helps
happy.gif

T

tiffany & co.

Hi all,

Anyone bought a 29" TV lately? I am looking at the following

Sony DR series - $1311 model and $1811 model with progressive
Toshiba new model with Hyperpro 100 scan - $1614
Panasonic with true 100Hz prog scan - approx $1400

Kinda like the Toshiba one-very sharp and clear. Anyone has any comments?

However, according to the Best salesperson, Toshiba is not a true 100Hz. Even Sony does not use a true 100Hz. Only the higher end is with 100Hz. Only Panasonic, JVC and Philips has the true 100Hz. Not sure about this?

S

soo kee

Hi Tiff,

You may want to consider Panasonic- value for money and I understand from a salesperson that they use black tv tubes unlike others which uses Grey/Brown tubes. If you notice carefully, black in Panasonic is real black. However, other brands may have a more stable pics e.g. Toshiba. Not sure why but most of the sales persons recommended me Panasonic. There's also another which I like i.e. Sony. The new models have a very classy look. But its a bit ex though.

All the best.

K

kk

Hi Tiffany,

I can't remember what type of panasonic 29" tv i bought previously. Flat screen 100 Hz and dun know wat else. I got mine at $800 though from prominent impex at eminent plaza
happy.gif

dopey

Hi Tiffany,

Fridge - Ariston

TV-Philips (won't recommend that to frens. The response time to on the TV is slow....)

Washing machine - ariston (top load)
Been using it for half a yr. Wash on alternate days. No problem with it. No "wailing sound".
Perfectly ok!

K

kk

Hi Tiffany,

To add on to dopey's statement on philips tv, philips tv's colour will change after one year of use. And needs a long time to warm up before the colour turning into a nicer one.

kim

Hi Tiff

TV - Toshiba HyperPro abt $1399
(came w free home theatre system...real good deal. very clear.)

VCD/DVD Player - Sharp $199. very gd. no probs.

Washing Machine - Samsung 6.5kg. $399. no complains. has 4 water levels, timer, different wash cycles. spin-dry very gd, stainless steel drum. No strange sounds. No excessive vibrations. So far we use abt once every 2-3 days.

Fridge - Ariston. The stainless steel look version. Noticed it has been getting a little louder during the fridge 'auto-washing' cycle.

To get better deals, chk out the electrical stores like Best Denki etc, note the model numbers you like & ask the neighbourhood electrical shop to quote you. A little more trouble, but I saved abt $400.

antares

Hi gals, if I am looking for 100Hz, prog scan 29" TV, any brand to recommend? I went to Best, Courts, Harvey Norman a lot of times, see until sianzz...so many choices which cause me to be in a dimemma....:p

As for washing machine, I think can try those top-loaded drum types, I think it uses less water..
happy.gif
..which mean save $$..
happy.gif

kim

Hi antares

My Toshiba TV fits ur requirements. I think the model is AZ8????U. But according to the salesman, it seems that the progressive scan function is only obvious when u're playing DVD/VCD. Not too sure about that, but I'm happy with mine
happy.gif

blissz

hi

I'm currently looking for electricals such as refrigerator, washing machine, tv, dvd & sound system, microwave, rice cooker.

any recommended brands for these electricals??
happy.gif

K

kk

Hi Blisszz,

I personally feel that:

Fridge - Hitachi, LG, Sharp, Sanyo

Washing Machine - National, Sharp, Sanyo

TV - Panasonic, Toshiba, Sony

Microwave - Sharp

Rice cooker - Zoru...(elephant brand), Toyomi, National

catz

DVD go for Pioneer. Pls avoid Philips!

TV, I agree with kk but Sony is much more expensive than other brands. People say that it might not be worth that extra premium. I'm using Panasonic.

Microwave - Sharp, National

Fridge - National, Mitsubishi, Samsung

Washing Machine - Ariston for front-loading. Dunno about top load but I'm sure kk's recommendations are quite sound as those as renowned brands.

ohaiyo

For me,

TV - Toshiba
Fridge - National
Washing machine - Samsung

So far din give me any problem. Brought them from Harvey Norman.

pausini

Hi pple,

for those getting TV. It is quite true that the normal viewing of Channel will not be able to hit 100Hz effect. Cos all our channel is not digitalise yet. Only when watching DVD then u can hit the best effect of the TV.

Philip Pixel Plus have 3 diff modes. 1) Pixel Plus, 2) 100hz and 3)normal viewing.

Infact, i bought the phillip TV which have the latest techonolgy. (unless the latest tech is so impt to u) else dun have to get it cos we just find out that it was out of stock and they may not be producing cos there is some fault. Dun know how true is it. However, it is really very clear when watching DVD and there is a great diff when watching it with other TV.

antares

Hi kim ,how much did you get for your Toshiba TV?
Thanks..
happy.gif

Hi blissz, for washing machine, u can try Braun. It is an European brand. More ex. but save more water.
happy.gif

blissz

thanks a lot for the recommendations
happy.gif

well, tink we'll be getting either sony or toshiba for tv....we are also considering fisher & paykel for the refrigerator...

will also take a look at the other brands of electricals which you gals recommended
happy.gif

btw, heard that the sony dvd can't play pirated vcd...is it true??

2cents

For TV, try not to get Samsung. Dark scenes are not very clear, according to a fren

M

maysoon

Hi all,

Just like to share:

Bought the Sony eventually model KV-XJ29M61. My FH found that the pics are more stable i.e. less flicker as compared to Panasonic and Toshiba. Toshiba is another brand that I would recommend. Didn't go for 100Hz series as budget is tight.

Also bought a National washing machine. 7kg latest model made in Japan. $6++

Now scouting for a fridge. Anyone have any good experience in a particular brand? My FH is looking for one that has a reliable compressor.
happy.gif

appletree

Hi,

Just place an order for a whirlpool washer at their warehouse sales. The new type with the tube in the middle. After that received some negative feedbacks from aunties that tube in the middle not good. anyone has used that type of washer?? I think F & P and whirlpool both have this kind of design. Bought whirlppol cos they have a build in heater. PLs advice

peppermint

My LG flat screen tv's remote control spoilt within 2 years. My lecturer who happens to have the same TV also has the same problem.

Repairing the remote control is not an option; a new one will cost $68.

questy

Hi to all,
I've being recommended an Electrolux side load washer, cos the shopkeeper showed me that the hook at the door is made of stainless steel instead of plactic. any comments? Cost $590 for a 5kg washer, and $950 for a 6kg one with many features.

vivace

hi,
i bought a samsung plano tv... so far so good, no complaint... the pix is sharp...

as for washing maching, i bought a front load Ariston washing machine at ard $480... i didnt go for those hv many function like washing wool clothes, etc... coz we seldom use, unless u travel alots... my opinion is look for sth that u will use it often... no matter how many features or function it has, but if u dont use them... it only waste ur $$$
happy.gif

wink

Hi,

Wow...so many brands to consider
happy.gif
anyone knows which places have the best price for electrical appliances? m looking for a fridge (jap brand), washing machine, and TV.

BTW, we bot an LG home theatre system (mini) type for $599 at this shop in Plaza Singapura...sound system q good despite the price and the DVD player very trendy looking...think worth considering if u r looking ard.

N

nara san

hi questy

yep, saw that electrolux has hook made of SS instead of plastic which snapped if being "rough" when closing the door.

Thought of getting electrolux for my home too cos it's really established in the washer range.Using that for so long in my mum's place and so far no problem.*touch wood*

I understand that different btw top and front load is the rubber tubing, electrical and water consumption.

Front used more electricity but less water than top load. As for rubber tubing, normally, electrolux gives 5 yr warranty on that. And this is safe enough.

Been using front load at my mum's place for more than 10 years. Whereas at In-Law's, seen them changing their top load for 2nd time in these 4 yrs only. Hee hee.

questy

Hi nara san,
I went to Mayer showroom in causeway pt, the front load washer is cheaper, but when i ask abt the warranty for the rubber tubing, the sales person gave me an odd look, saying they only hv an overall 1 yr(i think so) warranty.

But Electrolux has 0.5kg less wash-load, and more expensive that the Ariston washer( also hv the ss hook), Brandt's hooks are plastic ones, so definitely out of purchase list.

Yeah, my friend also encourage me to get the side load ones, mayb a little investment more is better than chging 2 washer in 4 yrs, he....!I'll chk out on more washer, then share with u k.

totoro

Hi pple,

i went to IMM yesterday and saw this frigde from mistsubishi, very very nice...quite a number of doors.....look great ..arond 2k..

then the washing machine..looking at F&R ,

any comments?

sherlin

Now there is no more National brand issit? Come under Panasonic?
Any difference in quality? What about Panasonic fridges?

lros

Hi Sher Lin

National is now known as Panasonic. They have changed their brand name.

I don think there shd be any difference in their quality typically from Jap company. So far feedback on Panasonic electrical appliances are quite good.

luckystar

Hi jumped, u have bought ur washer?
how much did u buy?

is the thomson washer load small at 5kg?
cos do u think can wash the blanket and bedsheets for king size bed?

bungy_jumper

Lucky*
hehe.. i posted at the other thread. Yup bought oredi and it was delivered on Sat. The delivery guy set it to "wash" air for 45 minutes. It came with a few packets of soap powder. Yup, 5 kg and i bought it for $830..sigh....2 days after that my fren said she bought at $750 but cos of her hubby lobang..
Haven use this yet, but my mum's same model could wash 1 king sheet and quilt cover. Blanket maybe 1 load possible but quilt i don't think so. I try then let you know.

luckystar

Hi jumped!
hee.. actually i saw ur post at the other thread as well..
happy.gif

wow, does ur fren still have the lobang?
can i get the lobang as well? where did he buy the washer? open mkt?

u know those big king size blanket? those stuffed with cotten one.. is it "squeezable" into the washer? my current hse is those super big-sized washer.. i always wash the blanket and bedsheets together.. no problem, can even squeeze in a few bedsheets...
but i suspect whether the thomson can actually wash i big king size blanket, cos it can only take 5 kg...

think for thomson, u can't stop the washer as and when u want right, even though its top load, cos of the opening of the washer (if u get what i mean)..

hi all
we think the best brand 4 fridge should be mitsubishi, 4 washer shoulb be electrolux n 4 tv should be either panasonic or toshiba. chk out the prices 1st. try looking for ray or brenden from asia excel @ imm. good service.

nakedtoes

From my research.. if u going to energy saving for fridge.. go for top freezer type... brand like Fisher & Paykel are top in energy saving while MItshibishi come close behind... Must compare according to their capacity

ridhwan82

hi VL,

what are your requirements for washer?

do you prefer to have asian or continental and what are some of the features that you are looking for? perhaps handwash? silk etc?

and also what is the capacity that you are looking at? 6.5kg? 5kg?

any preference as to front load or top load?

and finally budget what is it that you would be comfortable and also before i forget any space constraints.

let me know yeah

oh for elba not one of my favourite list

natasha15

Hi Ridz,

Thanks again.

1. for a family of 4-5, what is the recommended capacity, especially if u r washing the bedsheet covers ?

2. Need hot water washer, not the cold ones.

3. Budget is around 600 to 700.

4. Need to save money on water, for instance if the machine is half full, need not have a machine to engage the same level of water as always.

Does the spin speed also affect the quality of material u throw into the washer ?