Rebonding / Iron Relaxer

juz

Hi all

Thank god for this thread...i also saw the promo in the Streats for S$100...was very tempted but also scared this kind of promo are the ones dat ruined your hair...now i can go safely!

cherryapple

Hi All,

I just did my hair on National day eve.
Still straight and glossy...
I went for the promotion too.
But was not up to my standard..
The therapy is just steaming the hair.
So additional hair therapy is needed. (75+) Then they will asked you to buy the shampoo and conditioner..which cost abt 44. My sis also did her rebonding said the shampoo is not really good.
So be prepare to spend abt 200 for the whole thing.

gloria

Hi cherryapple,

U mean they juz steam the hair without treatment cream applied to your hair? Did they pester u to top up for other services? Is it juz the therapy tt is not up to your standard? Does ur hair still feel dry after the rebonding?

J

juz-2-share

Hi Galaxy,

I think it's the same Vincent. He moved over to the Cecil Street branch from the Change Alley branch.

I'm not sure how things work at the Cecil Street branch but when I was at the Change Alley branch, there weren't any hair technicians. The rebonding is done by the hair stylists. Whether they ask or not,I think you should inform the stylists that you've had chemical treatments done to your hair before so that they'll take care when doing the rebonding for you.

Hope your session is ok!

Juz Married, cherryapple and Gloria,

I think it's very difficult to gauge and compare services like that becoz hair texture varies from person to person and our expectations vary as well. As for pestering you to top up for more services, it's really up to you to decide if you want to. They can't do anything to you if you don't want to.
happy.gif

cherryapple

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all have a good hair day today.
happy.gif

Hi Gloria,

They apply cream on hair before steaming.
But when I call them up and asked them what type of therapy, they just said conditioning the hair.
Why then do I have to top up to do the hair color therapy? I tot they should be the same. By the way, I did mine at Hitachi Tower.

Hi juz-2-share,
I agreed with you...
But sometimes you want to look best and make your money worthwhile too.
This is my second time, so kind of compare

J

juz-2-share

Hi cherryapple,

Yah, we all want to look our best and stretch our money's worth too.
happy.gif

I think the cream they apply is for hair treatment. As for the hair colour treatment, the stylist who attended to me told me that it's a better way to colour the hair, if you want to do some hair colouring. So it should not be confused with hair treatment.

Well it's my second rebonding experience too! And most of my friends commented that the effect is better than the first time I did. And I spent close to $300 the first time.
sad.gif

miumiu

Hi Gals,

Why not consider doing it at JB? I just did mine yesterday at Johor Bahru's City Square at Jantzen Hair salon. Its a short walk from the customs. Prices start at RM280..
My hair length was long (back touching bra-line) and the cost is RM360. It costs me a total of RM450 inclusive of rebonding (therapy+rebonding+cutting), hair protein treatment (RM70) and a scalp treatment (RM20). So when you convert to sing dollars, its about $214 or lesser depending on the exchange rates.

My experience was that they are very attentive, I had done rebonding the last two times in Singapore and I feel that the singapore ones are not as attentive as them. I think its because in singapore, if you spend $200++ in a hair salon its considered quite 'average' spender. But if you spend that same amount of singapore dollars in JB, multiply by 2, and you will get different service.

There is another hair salon in the same floor called Thomas & guys, offering rebonding at RM230 upwards, RM280 for my length. But I prefer to be on the safer side, so I choose Jantzen (after all, they have singapore branches too).

As for the hair colour treatment mentioned in the earlier postings, the advice from him is that .. becos I have left over colour from my previous colour.. the upper part of my hair is black, if I choose a hair colour treament that is bright.. it will only enhance the left over colour, making it even more obvious which can be quite ugly, cos due to the new hair grown, the colour can be quite unbalanced.
I have also chk with the hair stylist when I could colour my hair, he told me that I can only do it after a couple of months. In fact, I had wanted to colour my hair on the same day, but he advised not to as it is very damaging to the hair.

Last but not least, whether you decide to do it in singapore or JB, my advice is that to choose a weekday, when the salon is less crowded so that the stylist can concentrate.
I have paid over $400 at local prestigious hair salon during my previous rebonding and the results is not as good as now.

D

dec02bride

Hi All,
juz being curious.... do you experience excess dropping of hair after you have done your rebonding???

moon_little

Hi Dec02bride,

I find that after rebonding, my hair do not tangle as much as before and thus lesser hairdrop when I comb.

But I do feel more hair drop due of during the initial few days, probably due to the pulling hair when they use the iron.

A

alexs

HI Galaxy,

Can i have the contact number for Bedok branch Hair Inn? Do you know what time they start their biz for Sat? Who should i look for?

moon_little

Hi Alexs,

I'm not sure abt the Bedok br. Maybe u want to call up the market st branch and ask them for the bedok branch contact no?

The market st branch contact no is 62275203.

decisions

Dear all,

Where is Cecil St? Market St? I'm not sure cos i dun work in CBD area. I live in the east so bedok branch is definitely nearer but it seems that most of u did yours at the other branches so wondering if the service n effect will turn out to be as good.

decisions

Dear all,

I've posted tis msg 2 days ago but still no reply... Can someone pls advise???

Where is Cecil St? Market St? I'm not sure cos i dun work in CBD area. I live in the east so bedok branch is definitely nearer but it seems that most of u did yours at the other branches so wondering if the service n effect will turn out to be as good.

moon_little

Hi Decision,

Sorry, I missed ur message. The market street Carpark branch is juz opposite Lau Pak Sat. They also have branch in Change Alley. Take the MRT to Raffles Pl and one of the exit lead u to change alley.

I got my rebonding done at the Market Street Carpark already. The effect is not bad. And yes, they kept pestering me to top up for colour or treatment, but I juz say no to everything and pay $100.

moon_little

Hi Alexs,

I'm not sure. But the last time I went, they told me promotion ends on 31 Aug. Not sure if they are extending the promotion. Maybe u can call them and check.

cc2

Hi Alexs,

I just called them yesterday and confirmed that the promotion is still on. It's only $99.
happy.gif

A

alexs

Hi CC2,

Do you know whether the bedok branch has the promotion too?

cc2

Hi Alexs,

I'm not too sure about the Bedok branch. Maybe u can give them a call to ask abt it. I have made my appt at the Hitachi Tower Branch.
happy.gif

blueberry

Hi,
Has anyone done de-ioinisng perm, suppose to be more natural than rebonding and also better for your hair. Does anyone know where to do it.

aloeapple

hi blueberry,

yes ! the de-ioinisng perm . it will make your hair softer and smoother. i have not done this before .

My hairdresser told me that her salon have this ... and she is asking me to do ! you might want to call Hairplan (Ada, located at Far East 5th floor) to check 62506966

M

me

Hi,

Have anyone recently went to Hair Inn at Hitachi Tower ? I saw their rebonding promo at 99nett. Very tempted but apprehensive.
Any feedback on the end result and the whole experience there ?

And for the de-ionising perm, it's also to make ur hair straight ? How much is it ?

Thks.

H

hair_raising

Hi me,

I went to the branch at Hitachi Tower last wk. End result very gd. Previously, I had rather frizzy hair cos of a failed rebonding done a few mths back at another salon. After doing at Hair Inn, my hair looks very glossy n healthy.

The hairstylists' attitude there a bit poor... a bit bo chap kind initially. When I walked in w/o appointmt, most of them didn't bother asking wat i wanted. When I stood there for a while, someone finally asked. But my hairstylist was a rather nice gal
happy.gif

Another thing was, I find the attitude of the "in charge" rather appalling. When u ask her smthg, she gives a resonse with that kind of "u dun know meh" attitude.

And i think the one at Change arcade even worse. Keep pushing pple to do treatmt.

Minus the staff's attitude, the $$ paid for the effect is not bad. Wat to do, want cheap stuff so gotta put up with a load of shit.

curly

Hi

For those of you who did rebonding, was your hair totally straight after rebonding? I just did mine but the end of my hair is rather frizzy. I was told that it's always the case. How true is that??

pegsfur

Curly,

I did rebonding twice. The 1st time I did it, the end of the hair also frizzy like yrs. But the 2nd time I did, the effect is so much better & nicer ... not frizzy at all. Dunno if it has to do with the cream they use?

cutiechar

Hi Curly,

I did rebonding twice as well, my hair was in good condition, my colleagues were envy of my hair,but they din see the effect when I woke up in the morning(he.he..din comb)..but overall,I had the straight effect.
Your hair is frizzy coz of the texture and the chemical they use.if I am not wrong,my hairstylist told me that its partly of the chemical..I guess frizzy was common but if its too frizzy, u had better go back to ur stylist.

jus my views.

gracious

Hi,
came upon the advert by Jean Yip, and said that they've got this new rebonding called, 'Grease Rebonding'.

Anyone tried that before?

blossom

hi everyone,
im thinking of going rebonding too becos my hair is rather frizzy and it always curl at the end every morning and i have to spend a lot of time to make it straight.
sad.gif

however, i have sensitive scalp and i lose hair very easily. im really worried that my hair will drop even more after rebonding but my hair stylist insist that it wont.... dunno whether to believe or not....
uhoh.gif

it will cost me $250++ to do rebonding by my hair stylist.... i thought it was really expensive especially when rebonding is not that in now. if there are any more promotions, pls inform me okie...
10365.gif

A

aa

the first time i went rebonding, the effect was really good. while my 2 friends went to another salon, their ends were frizzy.

a year later, we went rebonding again for the second time. initial effect is still good (theirs are also better the 2nd round) but i guess our lasting period has shortened a bit.

i'm those type who's not suitable for very straight hair. so i'm think of doing de-ionising. Anybody knows what kind of effect does it gives? I heard it'll be smooth and straight but not so flat.

frizzy

Hi Folks!
happy.gif

me got shoulder length hair. Becos of natural curls, i always got to tied my hair up (o/w bery messy & frizzy). As a result of the pulling & tugging, me ve dropped quite a bit of hair (can see e scalp [quite obvious] where my hair parting is)
sad.gif

but cannot cut my hair short yet cos going to ve my customary wedding next yr...

some of my colleagues suggest tat me go for rebonding/de-ionising.. in tat way, i can let down my hair & relax e scalp....

but my main concern is since i've got such 'little bit' of hair left, e rebonded/de-ionised effect might not be as good as those i've seen on my colleagues & frens leh...

Desperately waiting for ur comments.... Thanks a lot in advance!!

B

bb

Hi All,

So who shld i look for if i go to the branch at this mkt street??? Pls recommend 2 of the gd stylist to me, cos both me n friend wil be going.. Thks...

R

rebond

Anyone heard of Yes Salon at Raffles Place??? Anyone did rebonding there before???? Any feedback?

happy

Hi Frizzy,
Don't go for rebonding if you really got little bit of hair cos rebonding will flatten your hair. I ve same problems with you only that I ve thick hair so rebonding really suits me.

duchess

Hi Frizzy,

I'm almost the same like you, but i don't tie up my hair cos i'll look very aunty. so i just let it be and i used a bit of sculpting lotion, my sides will curl outwards and as my hair length has yet to pass my shoulder, those at the back also curl outwards.

I was very tempted to go re-bonding, but time and again, chicken out cos my hair is very fine and thin. if i re-bond them, it's be very very flat.

Now, I just cbb anymore.

F

furlene

Hi Gal,

Any of u recently tried rebonding at Hair Inn? I'm intending to go there this weekend and would appreciate your feedback on the outcome and their services.

Thanks

jas

Hi, Furlene,

Not bad. I done rebonding at hair inn. Ok lah, cheap for rebonding. Mayb they will add in treatment. Altogether I done mine for S$140 plus treatment.

F

furlene

Hi Jas,

Which outlet did u go to? Any stylist to recommend?

Thanks

jas

Hi, Furlene,

I went to the one opp Prudential Tower at Cecil Street. Can't remember the hair stylist name. It's a guy.

F

furlene

Hi Jas,

Thanks. I actually booked Vincent as recommended by some of the gals who has their hair done by him b4. Hopefully it turn out well....

mimosa

Hi Furlene
I am thinking of doing rebonding again and also considering trying Hair Inn as I can see many positive comments in this thread. Can you feedback to me the outcome after you have done yours? Thanks.

frizzy

Hi Happy/Duchess,

Thanks for the message!
ve decided not to opt for rebonding liao..
lame.gif

will be going for the photoshooting this Jul (my wedding in Oct), when urs??
happy.gif

enya

i wonder whether i should go for rebonding. never rebonded my hair before, but now with my hair past my shoulders, the hair tends to curl out at the ends .. and when i tie up, i look like the auntie selling vegetables at the market!?

should i rebond, in time for my photoshoot in sept? will it be very diff then for the stylist to do my hair then?

F

furlene

Hi moonlight,

My rebonding done by Vincent is quite good and I quite satified with the effect for the price of $99.