Rebonding / Iron Relaxer

kiroro

Hi lydia,

maybe next time u can try hatsuko endo's Tina (japanese) .. she's good
happy.gif

Olivia from Super Cuts Far East is pretty good too !

kiroro

Hi lukie, Tulips

I bought the wella pure gloss spray yesterday and used in in the morning . I must say it is really good .. my 'dry grass' is 'revived'!
happy.gif

However, note that pls dun spray too much cos will flatten the hair

Thanks for the recommendation !

tulips

hi kiroro & lukie

i couldn't find that gloss spray... i went round looking at the salon at Jurong Point but didn't see it.

is it only selling at kimage? where else can i find it?

kiroro

Hi Tulips,

I bought it from Kimage. It is a grey can.
Have u asked the hairdresser if they have it ? Maybe they keep the stocks inside ?

kiroro

Hi H2O,

It is $15 per bottle.

I think can get it cheaper from Chinatown shops that sells parfums and hair/skin products.

mike888

Hi Lukie

Is the kimage school at Funan good? A bit apprehensive abt asking my wife to do it there, as there are instances of pple whose hair fall off or become very brittle after rebonding.

Need ur input or others with similar experience.

Cheers everyone.

tulips

hi kiroro

i was in orchard last night and i went hunting for the gloss spray.. i practically went from shop to shop to ask but to my dismay, some of the salon that do carry Wella products don't have that gloss spray!
sad.gif

since u mentioned that kimage branch sells this product, does all the banch carry this product too?
happy.gif

kiroro

Hi Tulips,

I got it from the Yishun NorthPoint branch. Thought all branch should be consistent in carrying the product ? I just went straight to the counter lady and said i'm looking for the Wella gloss spray and she pass it to me.

kiroro

by the way, kimage is having a promotion for cermamic perm now .. they call it 'japanese perm' and i was told it last about 3-6 months, depending on the tightness of the curls. promotional price is $20. Not sure how long it is valid though.

tulips

hi kiroro

i've finally bought it!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happen that my colleague going to north point yesterday so i told her to help me buy and she managed to get it! so happy!
happy.gif

tulips

hi kiroro

i've not tried it yet... coz what if my colleague were to step into the toliet and see me spraying my hair!! they would think that i'm super vain!!
proud.gif

i will try it out tomorrow!
happy.gif

kiroro

Hi Tulips,

hahaha .. it's okie to be vain cos we are all gals (and brides-to-be) and want to look good !
happy.gif

Go into the toilet cubicle to spray sure no one can see ! :p

tulips

hi kiroro

hmm.. good idea to hide in the toilet cubicle!
happy.gif
but if there are pple outside the toliet cubicle, and were to hear the 'psst psst' sound, they might be thinking that i'm 'letting go gas'!!!
proud.gif

i think i'll just try it out tomorrow.
wink.gif

kiroro

Hi tulips,

haha
happy.gif
just kidding .. hehehe .. when they hear the psst psst sound then u flush the toilet to cover up the psst psst sound

anyway, I think you will like the spray
happy.gif

daffy

Hi gals!!!

I saw a sales person at the 5S counter at bugis seiyu today with a nice perm, I asked her about it and she told me that she has done the japanese curl.
I feel that the perm looks very natural nice (at least on her. anyway, she's quite pretty, so, she may look good with anything), and her hair does not look dry.
for those who are interested, she has it done at Flexicut at Far East Plaza for about $100 odd (not too sure if it's more to the $200 side).
however, she did not perm her fringe. that makes me think, yah, what should i do with my fringe if i do the perm?? my fringe isn't that long...

kiroro

Hi Daffy,

Is it those zig-zag waves, or the loose curcular curls ? looking at the pictures that the kimage salonshows me, they are mostly the zig-zag waves that didn't look natural ( u know it's been permed) rather than the wavy curls. I'm very tempted to try soon at The Scene however just colored my hair so got to wait.

by the way, i personally think that should not perm the fringe .. those pictures i saw in jap magazines looks really good without perming the fringe. just a thought.

L

lukie

Hi Kiroro and Tulips,

Seems like i missed alot of fun ... i was busy lately so didn't have a chance to visit this forum for the past few days ... anyway good to hear that my recommended gloss spray is 'selling like hot cakes' ... you think the distributor will give me commission?
smile.gif

so now got a new perm ... wao ... tempted to try ... the picture looks quite good ... but my FH will surely scream at me ... at first want it straight ... now want the hair to curl again ... he sure ill say i'm super hiao !
proud.gif

L

lukie

Hi mike888,

I've been there once only and the girl who did it for me was good ... not so sure about the rest of the graduates though ... hairdressers' skills apart ... the ultimate result also depends very much on the person's hair texture and how one takes care of the hair after the treatment... guess dryness is one of the more common problems ...

kiroro

I couldn't resist the temptation so i went to get a ceramic perm at The Scene yesterday !
happy.gif

The effect turned out to be great and i like it very much !
happy.gif

tulips

hi lukie & kiroro

i've tried out the gloss spray!! its good and it does makes my hair shiny!

thanks for the recommendations!
happy.gif

kiroro

Hi Tulips,

yeah , it sure works !!
happy.gif
i just done my ceramic perm and the hairdresser also recommend the gloss spray and use on me !
happy.gif

binny

Hi tulips, kiroro, lukie, eunicetan et al,

I permed my hair about 3 weeks ago at Reds Salon and the curls are still very tight. Do u know of anyway i can loosen the curls ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

adeline

Hi Kiroro,
how much did u spent on your perms?
How long was your hair anyway??

Very tempted to do it too but afraid it will make me look too old/mature??
proud.gif

thanks!!

kiroro

Hi adeline,

mine was long, about bra-hook length. cost me $300. You can ask for Aries from the Scene salon. she's good at perming as far as i know.
but make sure you state it is CERAMIC perm cos the other type of perms using metal rods produce very tight unnatural curls.

kiroro

Hi Binny,

not sure of this cos i only have ceramic perm before. but i heard that if you wash your hair often like 2 times a day would help to make it less curly, and comb it.

lydia

Hi Kiroro,
My perm is going to wear out soon. Very tempted to try ceramic perming. How is your ceramic perm done at The Scene salon so far? Did it dry your hair?

kiroro

Hi Lydia,

My ceramic perm is still intact. I think it does dry the hair a little, just like coloring or rebonding the hair 'cos chemicals are used to restructure the hair.

Maybe you might wanna give the salon a call .. ask for Aris.
happy.gif

Hey, by the way, how's your wedding ?
happy.gif

lydia

Hi Kiroro,
Glad to hear that your ceramic perm is still intact. My hair is only touching the shoulders. Do you think it will be nice to have ceramic perm? Did you cut or colour your hair after your perm in the same salon too?

My wedding went on pretty smoothly but my wedding gown was too loose! Thanks for remembering
happy.gif

kiroro

Hi lydia,

your hair will look shorter after the perm cos of the curls and bounce. it's better u color after the perm cos it will change /lighten the color after the perm.

your wedding gown too loose .. u lost weight, eh ? i'm trying to loose a few kilos but still no result yet. any tips ?

lydia

Hi kiroro,
Ok, will take your advice to colour my hair after I perm...perhaps I will wait for my hair to become a little longer before I do the ceramic perm. How much did you pay for the perm?

Yup, lost a bit of weight before my actual wedding day. Didn't do much to lose weight, except that I avoid eating rice and potato stuff and avoid snacking in between meals
happy.gif
How's your preparations so far?

dap

Anyone has their rebonding done by Rever Salon? Am tempted to try as it cost about $105 nett including haircut, cleansing and ice cap treatment. Saw an article in The New Paper last week. Not sure if the rebonding is good. Need some feedback please.

hwee

In that case, I think I will go back to Reds to do it. I have done mine in Reds 2 times. The effect during the 2nd time is very good. It's already 7 months and my hair is still straight. U may want to consider going to Reds. I will re-do it again in Jan.

carol

Hi Hwee:
I thought of rebonding my hair too, since my wedding is in july.
How much did you paid for that?

Thanks & Regards:
carol

hwee

Hi Carol,

During my last visit in May, the length of my hair is mid wau betw my shoulders and bra-strap. They charge me $230 for the rebonding and $38 for cut, wash & hlow. So total is $268.

But dun get it done too near your wedding cos I heard that rebonding makes hair difficult to style cos too smooth & straight. That's why I intent to get it done in Jan after my photoshoot. My wedding will be in June.

carol

Hi Hwee:
Thanks for your fast reply,
I thought of doing it before my outdoor shooting, since I'll be letting down my hair.

Thanks & Regards:
carol

J

j

Hi Hwee,

I like to have rebonding too. May i know which Red Salon you go. Can i have the address and hairstylish name.

Thank you.

hwee

Hi J,

I went to the branch at Bugis. Can't remember the stylist's name. She's small built and quite sweet looking lady in her late 20s. She does makeup as well. But do note that it's the technican who did the whole rebonding procedure. Stylist only do the checking and haircut.

joker

HI Lola
The Vidal Sassoon Steam Straightener is quite useful except that it is a bit troublesome. eg. it is difficult to do it yrself, you got to spend quite a bit of time before you r ready to have straight hair to go out. So in the end, I still go for rebonding. Basically my hair is not very curly but a bit wavy only but lazy la.....

lola

Hi joker:
Thanks for your advice.
In fact my hair is also not very curly.
But I just want to have straight hair for my outdoor photoshoot in Jan therefore I thought of buying a Steam straightener.
Rebonding can be quite Expensive loh...

One more thing, If I go for rebonding, I afaid that the hair-styling will have some difficulites bundle up my hair for Studio shooting.

What do you think?

Regards:
lola

joker

Hi Lola
Wat I feel is that if you only wan to straighten your hair for photoshooting only, I think using the steam straightener is worth the effort.

Basically for photoshooting, I don think they will have a lot of shoots on straight hair. For me, I only have one image on my straight hair and the rest are all bundle up in different style. It is a great torture to wash up my hair after the photoshoot becos they din use wig but my own hair during the whole shooting.

Since your photoshoot is in Jan, it might not be in time for you to rebond your hair liao. I rebonded half a year ago, so my hair is more or less adjusted. Just rebonded hair for your bundling might damage the straightness after that becos for the 1st 2 months after rebonding, you still need to maintain. So in the end waste your $$$ on the rebonding.

Hope the advice helps.