Real or Artificial Flowers for Pre-Wedding Photo shoot?

Minkishly

I'm starting to plan for my prewedding shoot and was thinking that I definitely would like a bouquet. I think my bridal studio might provide some artificial bouquets, but I'd really rather get my own since I'd be able to customize things like colour, flower type etc.

I'm not sure whether to go with real or silk flowers though. Real flowers are pricier and more delicate but they look prettier. Silk flowers are a lot more affordable and durable but I'm worried that they'll look ugly in photos.

Real Flowers

Pros:
- Prettier in photographs

Cons:
- Delicate (petals might get ruined in the process of moving around / posing)
- More expensive
- Will only last for a couple of days

Artificial Flowers:

Pros:
- Cheaper than real flowers
- More durable
- Can be kept as a keepsake

Cons:
- Might look ugly in photos (or at least, not as pretty as real ones?)

Hoping to get some advice and input about this! ;) Which kind of flowers would you go with?

octobride

I think fake flowers do look nice too. Saw a couple of them selling on qoo10. I don't mind to use artificial flowers for pre-wedding photoshoot :)

Minkishly

Ooh okay thanks! I think my BS will provide artificial flowers too, but I don't know what the quality / colours will be like so I'm going to get my own bouquet. Still haven't decided between artificial and real though. :eek: Might order from Taobao. They look quite pretty and the prices are mostly below $60.

geejaygay

This is more elaborate but I love the idea of a diamanté bouquet with a simple satin gown. If you've a chiffon gown though, fresh flowers always look better.

Minkishly

My gown is made of satin, but it's quite elaborate with some embroidery down the bodice and train. My evening gown is satin as well, with a lace corset top. I think I'll try to get a simpler bouquet so as to not overwhelm the gowns. Thanks for the advice!

Mingee

I think for PS you can go for artificial flowers as the quality these days are really good and look almost like real!
Anyway PS don't close up too much on the flowers so don't worry too much about it. :)