Raffles Hotel

digo

Hi dog lover,

its great to have someine like you to share how we feel to become a bride and encourage each other.. Thank you for all the good wishes..
I am too think our wedding will turn out well and we can always choose to be happy and enjoy the day!
Good luck to you for the coming preparation..You still got loads of time..i wish i could start that eraly.. All the best..

doggielurver

Hi YM

Thanks for your good wishes. I am sure your day will turn out very well, don't worry too much!

I think there are many happy Raffles brides so I think you are in good hands too.

shermie

Hi all, I am going to sign up for the East India Room too, so will become a Raffles Bride. Mine is on 7th Nov. Think my co-ordinator is quitting =( Any idea what can we negotiate on?

littlepinktoes

Hello!

I sent out an email to RH trying to get their wedding package for 2009, but they yet to reply me after many days.
Is there a particular co-ordinator that I should email to? Can someone help?

emilyteo

Hi Dog Lover,

May I know where are you accomodating your overseas guest? Any suggestion? As I will also be having lots of overseas guest to my wedding....

Hi Shermie, My I know who is yoru coordinator???

Hi Littlepinktoes, you can try Michelle. She is good and she is my coordinator.... Tell her Emily highly recommend her...

littlepinktoes

Hi emily! Thanks!
happy.gif
But do you have her email address?

doggielurver

Hi Emily

I haven't thought too much about where I'll be putting my guests up, I think that hotels like Carlton Hotel are quite reasonable and very close. My guests will hopefully also have a holiday in Singapore so hopefully they will be booking at least a flight+hotel package? The only exception will be my bridesmaid who is very close to me so she'll stay at my place.

You can't possibly be paying for the hotel for all your overseas guests? Wouldn't it become tricky if you try to do that - what if they want to stay longer to tour Singapore? Are you going to limit their stay to only one night, or?

emilyteo

Hi Dog Lover, That's what I thought as well, what if they wanted to stay for more than a night... what are we to do then..... hmm... well, I think we will not provide any overseas guest with accomodation as we are looking at min of 20 - 25 overseas guest but will provide transport for the day.

luvdeez

Michelle called me this afternoon. She told me she was leaving Raffles Hotel and her colleague, Tracy, would temporary take over her position.

I was looking forward to working with her. Now... I hope that the replacement would do a good work

doggielurver

Hi Emily
Sorry I've been so busy lately I haven't been active on this thread. I think the easiest thing is to let your guests settle the accommodation themselves - you can maybe provide a list of nearby hotels which they can consider. If most of your guests are from Australia as I suspect they might be, then the hotels won't be very expensive by Aussie standards especially given the current strength of the Aussie dollar!

Littlepinktoes: I think the hotel IS open for 2009 bookings. When I was trying to book my banquet all the auspicious dates for Dec08 were booked out, and there was one Sunday in Jan 09 I was considering. My coordinator Pauline was able to look at the list and tell me that the particular day has been reserved. Pauline also told me that the prices for 2009 are $50 dearer than 2008.

emilyteo

Hi Deez, My new coordinator will also be Tracey. However, I'm yet to hear from her. Hopefully she will be as good and efficient as Michelle! I'll be catching up with her next month. When is your big day?

Dog Lover: It's ok I understand too..... Only my husband's sisters are from Australia...Howver, the rest of his relatives are from Malaysia... However, we have decided not to provide them with accomdation as we are not sure how long will they be starying.. Most probably, we will just provide transport for the day as a gesture of appreciation of their arrival.

How's everyone preparation going? I just went for my first fitting yesterday. Still need alteration and now awaiting for second fitting in April.... hopefully it will be nice by then...

luvdeez

Hi Emily,

My wedding will be held on the 30th of Nov. Really excited about it. Yup, let's cross our fingers and hope that Tracy will be as good as Michelle.

I have not gone for my fitting yet. Maybe in April

missdaffy

Anyone having their wedding in 2009? When i called to enquire, they told me 2009 not released for booking yet... its a $50 more for jan-mar 2009 and maybe more after mar 2009....... =________= kinda sian that they increase banquet prices like nobody's biz.
sad.gif
(

Does RH practice honouring their initial offer??

emilyteo

Hi Deez,

Has Tracey contact you yet? I'm having my wedding in May and yet to hear from her...... hmm... wonder if she still remembers my upcoming wedding....

Cyn> Yap I;ve done my wedding gown already..... in the process of making I mean.

golden_bride

hi, did anyone did their lunch sit down type.. I was thinking of a luncheon sunday.. But their ballroom only can have max 250 pax .. Isit so? Can someone pls share? Tks.. Im shortlisting Oriental Hotel and this.. Cos i dont Wanna the usual dinner thingy, i want something different but able to favour the elderlys...

pr1s

hi lam, max is 250 pax as the max no of tables is 25 for the ballroom. i believe oriental has 3 rooms with different capacities: more than 35 tables, less than 20, and the other one less than 15 if i don't recall wrongly

hi cyn, i will be having solemnization at the lawn
happy.gif

emilyteo

Hi Cyn, I am having cheong sum as my evening gown. I am yet to have my first fitting..... will share with you the pic when it is done.

kiringal

Hi Cyn,
I am having solemization at the lawn. Will you be decorating it?
Hope it dun rain that day
happy.gif

When is your wedding?

Pinky.. Who is your coordinator?

pr1s

hi kiringal ... mine will be followed by dinner at the ballroom, so they will actually use the flower stands from the ballroom to be brought to the lawn first

my coordinator is pauline

luvdeez

Hi Emily,

Tracey has not called me. My wedding will be held only in November. She will only call me in late Sept. You better call her, your wedding is 2 months ago. You need to confirm your decor etc

pr1s

hi gals ... anyone has any suggestion whether to choose spicy conch or baby octopus with pork knuckle in the appetizer?

dryice50

Hi kiringal,
I have not think about the decorations for the lawn.Yeah pray that no rain. A nice weather in fact. Mine is on 29th Nov and Pauline is my coordinator.

Hi girls,

How much is your corkage?

kiringal

Pinky, u did your food tasting already? I am doing on Apr 13.

Gals, will you be holding pre-cocktail at the lawn or outside the ballroom?

emilyteo

Hi Deez,

I finally heard form Tracey, which is such a relieve as she has not forgotten me...hahaha!! Hoepfully, she will be nice to work with. I'll see her next month.... and will let you know more about her soon...

pr1s

hi kiringal ... yes, i did my food tasting already ... but still complicating abt the appetizer hehe ... u can share ur opinion after your food tasting
happy.gif

pre-cocktail should be outside the ballroom, unless u have solemnization at the lawn, then u can check with the coordinator abt that

kiringal

Hi Pinky, i am also having solemnization at the lawn.. Not sure if i should have the precocktail at the lawn or ballroom. Just wondering how will i guide all the guests to the ballroom if it is at the lawn. Any idea?

Hi gals, i am just compiling my guest lists.. I have got a challenge. Thought i din not have so many guest.. Seems that my guest list expand and expand.. hahaha.. really have to see who i can cut opps... But i guess it is a good problem right? Just thinking if Raffles Ballroom can add an additional table to 26 tables. Anyone knows?

HI ET, When is your wedding?

Hi Deez, you still have a long way more to prepare.. hee.. can take your time ya? What have u done so far?

emilyteo

Hi Kiringal, My wedding is on the 15 May. When is yours? I'll be doing my food tasting just 1.5 weeks before my wedding due to the fact that I am residing overseas. As for the additional 26 tables, it is best to speak to your coordinator. Who is your coordinator?

Hi Deez, will keep you update......

pr1s

hi kiringal ... i suppose they should be able to find their way coz there are markings around the hotel ... or u can actually ask someone to guide them

as for having more than 25 tables, from what i heard, even 25 tables is already cramp from one table to another and some brides with big gown had a bit of difficulties when taking pic for every table

ryan79

Dear all

I'm planning for my wedding banquet this year end, hopefully I'm still on time. May I find out which coordinator should I liaise with - Pauline / Tracy?

Thanks!

doggielurver

Hi Ryan
You can just email the info email address given on the Raffles Hotel website. Someone will reply and attach details of the packages available, plus direct you to one particular coordinator to contact. At least for me, this was the flow of things, I emailed them, they sent me the package details as an attachment, and also gave me Pauline's number to contact if I needed any more information. Good luck.

emilyteo

Hi Deez, if you are looking for photographer, you can try Dean from Deanstudio. Check out his website at www.deanstudio.com. I am yet to meet him in person, however, he is very helpful and understanding this far.... will be meeting him next month!

Hi Ryan, Pauline has been Raffles Hotel coordinator for a long time.... there has been positive and negative comment about her service (you can check out the previous thread that was posted by ex-Raffles brides). Pauline is very slow in her respond. That is where I did not go with her initially. Tracey is new, just returned to Raffles Hotel from her leaves and she is taking over Michelle (Michelle is fantastic!). Tracey will also be my new coordinator and I'll let you know how she is after we catch up next month. Hoepfully she will be fantastic too!

Hope this help in your decision making.

missdaffy

Hi RH BTBs,

From my liasing with Tracey, my advise would be to get everything/anything she say in black & white. You never know what's going to happen.....
(T^T)

ryan79

Dear Doglover & Emily

Thanks for your advise. There is definitely room for improvement at Raffles Hotel. I shall cross my fingers hopefully they will be prompt to my requests as I do expect efficiency esp when it is such a prestigious property.

shermie

Hi all, Tracey is my co-ordinator too. She has been quite responsive so far. =) Anyone know a good fengshui master for checking auspicious dates? We were just told that the date chosen is not good for us and I would like to seek a second opinion =(

doggielurver

Actually I haven't had any problems with Pauline. I actually emailed her once while she was on leave (an an auto-reply came from her email). But next morning (a Saturday morning), she emailed back - while she is still on leave. Maybe I have just been lucky with her.

As with everything, its always good to get it in black and white. I made sure whatever I negotiated with Pauline was put into the contract before I signed it. (Especially with bridal studios I think, it's important that whatever perks they are throw in are written down in the contract. Because every customer they have will have slightly different perks/freebies, so they won't remember what they promised you if its not stated in the contract).

Shermie - I think there is a thread somewhere on this website on choosing auspicious dates. There are a lot of recommended fengshui masters.

I chose not to go to a fengshui master - especially now that I have already paid a deposit for my wedding banquet, hahahha! I just stuck to a generic auspicious date. But do go, if it makes you feel better!

emilyteo

Hi Missdaffy> Thanks for your advice. Did you have your wedding yet? I have however signed my contract with Michelle, my previous coordinator. Therefore, everything she promised me is in black and white, either on the contract or via email response. (PS: As I'm currently residing in oversea). However, Tracey will be overseeing my entire wedding eveny. Hoepfully, she will be efficient in that aspect. I'll keep all new RH brides updated.

To all brides in the process of planning your wedding, I agree with Doglover and Missdaffy. Everything need to be in some form of black and white manner, regardless which service provider you are negotiating with. Even email will be effective. Wedding service is a very competitive industry in Singapore, they will definitely promise you anything under the sun just to get you to sign with them. Always read your quote and contract many times before siging up for their service. Never let them challenge you with signing up on the spot just for that extra few percent discount as you might end up paying extra $$$$$ for the additional services/ items.....

Whao I sound like some super duper wedding planner..... hahahahah!! Hmm.... might consider to change my profession....

kiringal

Hi, mine is early June. My coordinator is Pauline. I do not really like her as i find her not service orientated. But i do not think i want change cos it is too troublesome
happy.gif

esther_c

hey gers,
i have also just been informed from michelle,now its tracy taking over.
any feedback about tracy so far?

haiz.from annabel,to tom,to michelle now tracy.
RH coordinators all quits?i wonder y...hmmm

grazc

Hello everyone, I will be having my dinner at RH in Aug 08. Same thing happened to me - first Tom then Michelle, and now Tracey is my coordinator.

From my first few interactions with Tracey, she is slow to respond and unless everything is in black and white, she won't honour. This can be very tricky especially if you change coordinators a few times!

RH will honour anything you have pre agreed in black and white.

As for Pauline, I've had a few friends talk to her and feedback has all been bad, so I would be careful to go with Pauline.

If anyone has anything to share, please do, so we can learn more and hopefully sidestep all the pitfalls! Especially when coordinators change so often at Raffles!

esther_c

yo grazc n other RH BTB,
yup lets keep each informed!.

heard tracey just came back from her leave?meaning she is not new?

any updates any1?
tx

missdaffy

Hi RH BTB,

My previous coordinator was also Tom before Tracey took over. I agree with gracz that Tracey won't honour whatever transpired between you and the previous coordinator which I felt was really unfair. On top of that, it would be really wise to followup with an email on what had transpired between yourself and HER over the PHONE. I personally had a very bad experience with her which I shall not elaborate here. Bottomline is, protect yourself.

I personally feel that there is a problem with her management style (too rigid and not service oriented) which I believe she should have received the feedback by now. But I will try to keep in mind that she is afterall only 1 month old and previously not from the wedding line.

Was contemplating changing coordinator but it seems that other RH coordinators also have problems. Sigh.

doggielurver

Hi gals!

Lets not dampen the spirit here! :) I think things will be okay! One of the reasons I signed up with Raffles is that a friend of mine had a great experience with them. I think perhaps one thing may be common with Raffles Hotel co-ordinators - inflexibility. Maybe that is the instructions given by their boss and they can't really bend the rules or they will be accountable for the "losses" ? Hence what we find is that it would be hard to bargain for extras for them or change for things.

Actually if you read the Four Seasons thread, you'll see that people also comment that the coordinators are also inflexible and its hard to negotiate for things outside the package.

I also contacted Shangri-La to find out about their wedding packages. It took 2-3 phone calls and 3-4 days later before anyone responded! Is this service!?! I also left messages on the phone of the wedding coordinators of Hotel Intercontinental, and never ever got a call back. Whereas Raffles responded in less than a day. In fact, Raffles Hotel was one of the fastest to respond, among the hotels I contacted. The coordinator at Grand Hyatt was also slow to respond to my query about their ballrooms - in fact ignored my email, and eventually I had to ring her to speak to her in person before I got my answer.

Yes, definitely always good to get everything in black and white. For me, I requested Pauline to allow some changes, she obliged, and I made sure she redrafted the contract and sent me a copy before I paid the deposit.

So far I have found Pauline to be OK. Maybe I have low expectations. In fact I am very indebted to her for finding me an auspicious December date. When I wanted to book, all auspicious dates for December and January were booked out. Pauline proceeded to find out which bookings were not confirmed, and then contacted those clients to find out if they were still keen to proceed, otherwise she would give the date to me. Within less than 2 days, she rang me back with good news. Kudos to Pauline!

She responds much faster if you ring her, rather than email her.

No I don't think Raffles Hotel is perfect, but I think that overall they're OK and things will turn out well. Keep smiling, be optimistic, and things will be okay :)

grazc

Hi Missdaffy,

Yeah.. I find Tracey not so easy to deal with as compared to Tom and Michelle.

As with Dog Lover, I have had horrible experiences with other hotels! When I spoke to Oriental, they told me to go down by myself to see the ballroom myself and if I confirm want, and my date is available then they will meet me. HUh??? So obviously I didn't bother.

Raffles is quite responsive. So far, my experiences are not bad, but I got very frustrated with them because Tracey wouldn't honour what Michelle promised.

But I managed to solve the problem. I will share what I did after I sign my contract! Cross my fingers that everything will go well, and I can get my contract signed so I don't have to worry.

Girls, if anyone has any issues, just post, if I got any suggestions, will let you know! Also, please please share any experiences you have! So we can all watch out and hopefully our wedding will be great!

Meimei, when is your wedding? I don't know Tracey's history, but she told me that there are 10 people in the department, so I'm sure that there are more coordinators then just Pauline and Tracey!

cutiephinphin

Hi grazc

Hope to hear from you again once you have finalized. I've sent Raffles an email for their wedding packages and waiting for them to get back to me : )

emilyteo

Hi Gals, it seems like everyone has good and bad experience with the coordinator. Michelle is very efficient in her response. Unfortunately, she is no longer with RH. Well, as mentioned earlier, my new coordinator is Tracey and will be meeting up + viewing my ballroom for the first time at the end of this month. I will keep everyone update of my first meeting with Tracey.

I would advise those who are still in the process of negotiating your contract. Tried to communicate in email, therefore you will have a record of what has been agreed by your coordinator. Even if it takes a little longer, it is all worth it!

During my process of negotiating my package, I always email my coordinator even when things are agreed upon the phone. I would email them to indicate what was discuss over our telephone conversation - like a way of reminding them or you can treat it as clarifying your understanding with them.... once they reply saying 'yap! that's what i mean', they are bound to honour their promise.

Wedding coordinator deals with many wedding couple a day, even an efficient and good coordinator can forget things...which is just human nature. So always spend sometime to still send them an email after your conversation to ensure what was discuss over the phone has been understood by both party....

Finally, every single details of their promise need to be indicated in the contract.

Good luck! I'll be having my fitting of my gown and evening gown this friday.

anyone with multiply acc can add me. ID: emieug.