Qian Xi Restaurant??

panic

Hi,

Have heard of Qian Xi and seems like it quite a good bargain. anyone held wedding there before?
Would like to know more, for eg, i only know that they are at Marina... and apparently, they have ballroom and can hold at poolside too... can anyone advise?

ordos

i tink u r referring to the Qian Xi Lou at marina south at Superbowl country club.
if that's the one, dun think there is any poolside or those kinda of poolside u r expecting.
not really a ballroom either coz basically it is more like a seafood restaurant.
but the food not bad

joanna

Hi Panic

I'm holding my dinner there in 2 weeks time... there is a ballroom n poolside actualli u can go to their webside n have a look the menu. The food is not bad lor

Mute

wenn

Just some feedback
happy.gif

My colleague attended a wedding banquet at the Marina South branch earlier this week. She said that the food was good.

Her only grouse is that the intervals between the dishes was too long & the dinner ended late. Probably bcos there was 50 tables. So for those who's taking QXL, u might wanna highlight to the coordinator.

santap44

I attended a wedding dinner at Qianxi (marina) 2 weeks ago, i think the food is pretty impressive, huge portion n tasty! however, i thought they served pretty fast, i started at almost close to 9 n was on my last dish by 10.30pm. but think the ballroom is a little too small that i had to sit outside the ballroom, minus points for this. but still quite comfortable cos there is aircon provided in the tentage.

but i heard from Suzanna that they have just opened another branch called Qianxi (Paya Lebar),at tanjong katong complex, if i am not wrong. Actually, i saw it when i was taking the MRT n looking out of the window. i went to take a look for myself, n it looks great! newly furnished, n REALLY BIG!!! but i like the Qianxi (farrer park) at civil service club cos its totally pillarless. i cannot decide which one to take since both has got free flow o beer, stout n hard liquor. anyone knows which one is better in terms of the service n food?

panic, maybe u should go n take a look for yourself.. or call up the person in charge.

kerenelu

Hi Santap44,

Are u sourcing for restaurant venue for ur wedding dinner?

I just held my wedding dinner at Qianxi (Farrer Park) a mth ago.

All my guests comment that the food is very good and the serving portion is big. They also offer finger food and cocktail if u do not take up their hotel stay option.

There is free flow of soft drinks, stout, beer and also hard liquor! This is a major characteristic of qianxi
happy.gif

Yah, previously the restaurant at paya lebar tanjong katong complex was Hong2 Yun4 Lou2, but business was bad so taken over by qianxi. I was surprised but really happy to see their business expanding. I have seen the space before qianxi take over. It was really big and can cater as many as 80 tables or more. My brothers held their weddings there years ago. The previous restaurant's food was very good too. But i think due to poor mgmt, they didn't manage to get their business to prosper.

Service at Qianxi (Farrer) is ok i would say. It is not really perfect. I heard complaints from friends like they are slow in refilling drinks, serving salt for the roasted chicken, etc etc. The waitress for my host table was not really good too. We have feedbacked to Suzanna regarding the service already. But on the whole, cannot complain too much as customer service in Singapore is getting horrible
biggrin.gif
u can even face such service problem in big hotels too!

Yah, serving was very fast! My dinner starts at 830pm and ends at 1030pm. But i would say the restaurant coordinator and manager were really very good!! I am very happy with their service! The lady coordinator helps us to coordinate everything and keeps us informed regularly when we have to go changed, when the next dish is supposed to be up, etc etc... the male manager helps us to run the march in and first dish music smoothly and also run the montage for us throughout the dinner. No complaints!

i would highly recommend Qianxi, although i dunno about the one at marina though. The food is definitely not a worry
happy.gif

kerenelu

Hi Santap44,

I have not tried the food at paya lebar as it is still very new
lol.gif
but my mum had a lunch there before and she said the food is really good and serving portion is big as well
bounce.gif

I think paya lebar branch will be a major attraction as it is newly furnished and to build up a good reputation for it, the food will be of a good quality
happy.gif

tab00

We had our wedding dinner at Qian Xi Marina 2 yrs ago. It was at the restuarant itself.
Quite positive comments.
Perhaps u can do a search for "Qian Xi" for the thread.

shihui77

Hi KK, i had mine at Marina's abt 2 yrs back too. Now my sis & bro's taking the Paya Labar package as i managed to get some perks for them from Suzanna. tasted the food from PL's chef, kinda disappointed but Suzanna promised standard on actual day for my siblings' wedding so i talk her word for it. U may want to quote Cynthia (02/02/02). I think she'll be very pleased to serve you.

pausini

Hi,

Just like to check. The restaurant dun have chocolate for the guests right!

What did u girls give to ur guests or u all simply forget abt giving?

kerenelu

Hi Pausini,

Yah u are rite! There is no wedding favours for the guests.

For my wedding dinner that time, we prepared nicely wrapped lollipops, candie boxes with 6 candies in them and cd boxes for the early birds.

pausini

kk,
That is a great idea.
Thanks!

Actually i am asking on behalf for my sister.
She still dun know what to get for the guests as many of the guests are the old relatives.

May be i can suggest that she give some nicely wrap candy or lollipops. What lollipops u give to ur guests? where do u buy them?? u have pix of the favour u gave ur guests??

kerenelu

Hi Pausini,

It is actually my hubby's sis who handles the lollipops. I didn't plan to get lollipops at the start cos i already bought my candies boxes. But i actually found that i may run out of favours cos i add on more tables to my dinner. So lollipops is a last minute thingy.. kekee...

The lollipops are those normal types where u can get 20 cents per piece from concourse if u buy in bulk anywhere. Then wrap them up accordingly with netting and those fanciful paper.

i dun have pic of the lollipops. I can take one pic later if u like
happy.gif

Meanwhile, i do have photos of the candies boxes and cd cases. CD cases not too bad actually, useful and practical and old folks can bring them back home
happy.gif
On the cd cases, i paste my stickers on them. I get those stickers printed at bras basah. The stickers bear "xi" word with our names and wedding date on them
happy.gif
CD cases only cost $1.90 at popular bookstores for a pack of 10
happy.gif

u can view them at http://community.webshots.com/user/kerenelu
happy.gif

Sorry, whole lot of pictures, u have to go thru them one by one before u can catch the photos on favours :p

diamond_clee

Belated Congrats KK.!
Thanks for your treasured informative wedding details and pics! Also once again.. to join in the forum after your wedding to share us your superd info
happy.gif

santap44

hi pausini, i attended a wedding before n my frens gave their guests key chain, pretty cute. somthing that can last lor... but i am thinking of baking my own cookies, hopefully i have the time then...=p

wah cynthia, wat extras did u get? i want them too!!! =P

pausini

Santap44,

My sister also thinking of giving key chain.
What she afriad is the old relative and they may not want it and just leave it on the table and it will be really wasteful.

I think candy is a good idea. I think i will go shopping ard for some idea with her when the time is near.

Cookies is a good idea too but u need make a lot!!!

kerenelu

Hi Pausini,

I think keychain not a bad idea too. Dun worry, i dun think wedding favours will be thrown aside by guests. They will normally bring them home and see what to do with them days later.. hahahaa...
rofl.gif

shihui77

Hi santap44,

Suzanna is very nice in agreeing to provide me with a bus at my mum's place to fetch my family & neighbours to the restaurant, besides the one stationed at e MS MRT. This saves me a big problem as most of my neighbours are old & fussy & i dun think they know how to go. Take cab too costly too.

HI pausini, i gave chocolate & candies @ $1 per pack (stall @ Far East Square). Fully packed & delivered to my place with thank you tags on every pack. Very nice seller. Go check it out! She even have sweets packed in 'shuang xi' wrapping. Very cute.

diamond_clee

Hi Cynthia,
May I know Far East Square which stall located at where? Do you think she will be station there now? Quite attractive deal! I thought of going and hv a look. Please lemme hv the name of the stall etc.. Thanks!

pausini

Hi Cynthia,

yah dun mind u give me the contact or the address so i can get my sister to go and have a look.
I am pregnant and deliver soon so i dun think i am able to drop by that place.

thanks

diamond_clee

Hi Cynthia.. wow Suzanna so nice grant u for the free shuttle. Did you happen to discuss with her before she closed your deal or after finalising it?

shihui77

Hi Diamond, I managed to get it after putting my deposit. She's pretty nice but firm at times. Juz tell her that you happen to see my praises for he & restaurant on this forum so juz trying your luck. Sing her some praises & say you saw them in forums & saly you'll definitely 'promote' her service to others etc...

shihui77

Hi pausini & Diamond,

I forgot what's the name of the stall liao. Yes, its a stall near KFC in Far East Square (E one near Chinatown where pple holds flea markets). I think the lady's Chow Yin or something. Very long liao. Can't really remember. U can try your luck there.

Let me noe if you can't & i'll search my old records.

Good Luck :p

jojok

Hi, could I enquire if the restaurant cater to just 10+ tables? & if they do close up a section (with partition) for the wedding. My sis is kind of shy sharing her wedding with external walk-in guest.

santap44

hi jojok, Qian Xi at farrer park has got a small opal room, besides the main hall, good for couples with small functions, can take about 20+ tables, if i am not wrong.

the one at paya lebar also got a smaller place. it is partitioned, so dun worry about sharing with others. call Suzanna (90689972)n go there n find out more. =)

Pausini, hope i will have the time for cookies also...but cynthia's idea sounds great too!!

hi Ivy, my colleague attended the poolside dinner at Qianxi marina before, i only attended the ballroom wan. well, she said its pretty to have function at the poolside, looks elegant, n everyone could see the stage. her only complain was that it got pretty chilly at night when the wind blows...

pausini

santap44,
yah i guess i have to get my sister to go and take a look at the shop 1st. Anyway, her wedding is on end May so still have time.

what cookies u intend to make?

diamond_clee

Hi Cynthia
Well... the shop near KFC?? (guess used to be). Now is Pizza Hut stands alone, and is the shop just directly below the escalator?? A lady is mending the shop alone selling all sorts of little tiny items...??

canivy

hi santap44, thankz but may i know which month of the yr ur colleague attended the poolside dinner? I thought it will be hot without the air-con! Any other comments pls!

Cynthia, did they provide the free shuttle from ur mother's place? Coz i did ask them regarding the transport and they can only help me to get the bus but i need to pay!! So what can i do to get the free shuttle?

kerenelu

Hi Gals,

I just got feedback from dad's friend that the food at paya lebar branch is disappointing. So for his own son's wedding, they have decided to switch to Farrer Park branch.

shihui77

Hi Diamond,

If the gal's stall selling lots of sweets/ chocolate etc, then its her. Used to have several stalls along that stretch.

shihui77

Hi Ivy,

Did you speak to Suzanna? Try to fight for it & tell her that you sign up with them after reading about their 'excellent service to meet couples need' in forums. it'll be disappointing not to be given etc... Sing her some praises & say that i told you she's a very accomodating person etc.

Play psycological games with her... tell her abt forums & the impact it can have on the restaurant & say many other couples thinking of taking up etc... See what she says.

I'll be meeting her next thurs (bro holding birthday party). Why not u tell me your name & wedding date & i mention to her?

No promise i can help you but i can mention.

Cheers!

shihui77

Hi Pausini,

your sis's wedding is next end may or 2005's may?

I fits he former, she'd better hurry as i know qian xi's booking is already up to 2005. My sis's wedding on 20 Nov 04 & they can only offer her paya lebar as all other venues fully booked.

canivy

hi Cynthia, actually i have booked with them for next yr 20 Nov at marina south superbowl. Really thankz if you could help me!

canivy

Cynthia, i have asked them regarding the paya lebar for 20 Nov 04 n they said that it's confirm booked! When ur sis asked?

shihui77

Hi Ivy,

We booked with her last month only but i've been in touch with her since i know my sis is interested.

I spoke with her abt your case juz now when i called regarding my bro's food tasting next thurs. She did not say anything but i think e nxt time you see her, bring it up again.

pausini

Cynthia,
My sister have already book the Farrer park restaurant. Her is end of May 2004.

I dun really like Suzanne. Nah, she never smile, give us that kind of look.

Dun know how good she is cos my sister is dealing with her. But the male boss is quite humourous.

He asked me abt the setting, i told him i dun like the flowers, ugly seem abit low class. hahaha

shihui77

Hi pausini,

I used to think likewise of Suzanna. UIn fact, i really hated the idea of having to talk to her cos she doesn't smile etc. But after 2 mtgs with her (ist visi & food tasting), i found her to be quite accomodating.

What actually made me changed my opinion of her was that she personally passed me a wedding gift (Mc wedding Kitties nicely wrapped) before my dinner commenced. It was so nice of her :p

On the contrary, i dun like the male boss cos when i went to 'Chendu Restaurant' (Qianxi's sister branch) @ Hotel Grand Central (beside Le Meridien in Orchard), he was not helpful at all!

Initially his assistant told us that 30 tables to use the whole hall & we agreed as we have abt 35 tabs, but when he came to talk to us after everything was agreed upon, he says must have 45 tables else we have to share the hall with another couple. He din care if we agreed with his assistant in the first place.

I was so angry & we chose another restaurant. Who knows Qianxi is its sister branch. Thats why i told Suzanna about my bad experience at Chengdu. She was sorry & promised things not the same at Qianxi.

We finally decided to sign with her as she sounded sincere & yes, I've got no regrets!

The food was nice & affordable & i made good $ :p

pausini

Cynthia,

That is also what my mum and i think. That my sister will earn and not lose. The package is so cheap and alcholo is free flow. Where to find???

The only thing is they dun have a very proper changing room for the bride n have to come out fromt he kitchen.. hahaha.. my mum was very shocked when she heard that..

My sister MIL is a vegetarian and she is inviting some of her friends. She told us the food not as good, she can even cook dishes nice than them.. hahaha..

I hope they change the deco, especially the flower during my sister wedding cos they told us they will change the deco even half a yr or so.

santap44

hi Ivy, my fren went july/august this yr, if she remembered correctly.

hi cynthia, i thought the male boss is very humorous also, very friendly as well, had a nice time talking to him. did u talk to the manager of chengdu instead? they are all Mr Foos. As for Suzanna, i agree she is quite accommodating as well, as long as ur requests are reasonable.

hi pausini, i intend to bake cashewnut butter cookies, frens tasted b4, got good comments about it. =)

hi KK, i went for food tasting at paya lebar yesterday, n i thought it taste quite good? matbe the standard not consistent enough. also, i'm not a goumet, cannot tell the difference. =p

bibien

Hi Ladies

I had planned to have my wedding in Sept'05. Is it a bit early to start sourcing for Banquet now?? Dun wan to look too kiasu... :p

My MIL had recommend that QianXi food is quite nice.. From the posting, seems like QianXi had 3 branches?? Marina, Farrer Road, Paya lebar..am I rite??

applel

Hi Vivien, wow.how u got ur date in Sept......???.I tried to get gd dates in 2005 as well but th eTong Shu not out yet.any recommendations????

bibien

Hi Leong..

Didn't really look at any dates, MIL told us to have our customary either on 1st/15th of Lunar 8th Month..which will in Sept period. She said confirm is good date for wedding...So that's why wanted to quick quick source for a good banquet venue and book before others ppl took it.. a bit kiasu hor.. :p

If you wanted to wait for Tong Shu, tink u will have to wait till Sept 04 then u can calculate the good dates. Maybe u can check out those stalls at the Guanyin temple at Bugis there?? Maybe they are able to calculate a good date for u without the tung shu?? Never ask, never know rite..
happy.gif

shihui77

Hi Vivien, in fact, you are pretty late already.

The date you chose is a good day & many restaurants would have been booked by now. Even my sis's wedding in Nov 05 has the last venue for her despite me helping her 'chop' since June.

If you haven't found a hotel/ restaurant, my advice is to act fast :p

wonderwall

Hi Cynthia,

I am also planning to have my wedding in Sep 05 but haven't decided on the date yet. So I should start looking for a restaurant/hotel now?? I thought that its the norm to do booking 12 months in advance and only plan to start my search next year.