Qian Xi Restaurant (Farrer Park)

akino

oh ya when we book the ballroom need to add $1200. but total is cheaper than the hotels. i choose them because the food is nice. n comes in big potion. hehe..

ferlinloh

Hi akino... i am no longer the bride of qian xi le... i have just cancelled the package recently... anyway the ballroom that i have booked was on 21st November 2009...

So now hopefully there is someone who is willing to take over my package... pray hard ba...

btw... i need to pay for the $1.2k for the ballroom too... i pay for it cause i also find that it is only about $30+ additional for each table.... =)

kelle

Hi All

I intend to chose Qian Xi @ Farrer Park after see tat venue..any comments or feedbacks abt tis place??

ferlinloh

Hey... Snoopy Dog

Have you booked the place already? Btw, I have booked the place too... Tout of releasing the package.. Not sure if you are willing to take over?

Have you went to take a look at the ballroom already?

kelle

Hi Fer ...long time did nt logged in here, now then see your message.. I have booked the level 4 ballroom n made a deposit already..

xin_starzz

Hi All

I intend to sign up with Qianxi on the Jurong Safra Club.. My AD is on June 2010.. Do u all have any comment or advise to give me before I go down to place my deposit this weekend...?

As I only have 30 tables therefore I am not eligible for the Hilltop Crystal Ballroom however I like the effect so much that after looking at the layout of Jurong Safra Club, I decided to take up since they have crystal lightings for all their ballroom there and "not a too low" ceiling..

Has anyone sign up with Qianxi Safra Club yet..?

dai_van

For those who are considering Qian Xi for your wedding banquet,

I have to say that suzanna (managing director of Qian Xi) has the worst attitude a boss can ever have. My HTB and i signed up with her on 22nd Aug 2009 for the outlet at singapore expo..then we got to change date as our parents prefer to have the banquet on sat, actually just one day earlier, which is from 21st march 2010 (sun) to 20th march 2010 (sat)...she told us that the date is not available at expo..so referred us to farrer park...we dun really like the lightings and deco at farrer park so we were quite reluctant to change the venue...the date cant be changed...we then called suzanna to ask her whether we can cancel the banquet...u know what she said? She said we have to forfeit the deposit we paid and on top of that..pay 40% of the whole banquet bcos we r only abt 6 months away from the AD! Faintz...that means we have to pay her $8576 including the deposit for NOTHING!!! Can anyone of u believe she is soooo unreasonable?! So guys...my HTB and i have decided to stay on with the banquet package...and change the location to farrer park which we dun like...quite dampening for a wedding preparation where the banquet should be something BTBs look forward to...but now we just want to get it over and done with...

for those who are attracted to the FREE FLOW of hard liquor, wine, drinks etc....and do not hold more than 35 tables...i strongly recommend u to get FU LIN MEN at royal @ queens hotel...not that i'm advertising for them...just that i saw they have all the things Qian Xi give 1 month plus after i booked with Qian Xi...i really regretted signing with Qian Xi...but there is nothing i can do...just hope that u guys dun get cheated by the "free flow of wine, hard liquor etc" of Qian Xi cos Fu Lin Men provides them too! Trust me...u will not like working with suzanna...even my HTB who is super even-tempered (i have not quarelled with him since the first day we date) cannot stand her... You can check the website out...

http://www.flmrest.com/Home.html

they have "all in" wedding banquet package...it is really ALL you need in a package...and catered for any 'kiasu' mentality...good price...good food...all perks u need...and most importantly...good coordinators for ur wedding that would not make u vomit blood! Btw...u can opt to hold ur wedding at the hotel ballroom (no pillars) instead of the restaurant (which has pillars) with no extra charge~ one more plus point..haha...one thing to note: Qian Xi's menu starts from $498 (Farrer Park and Paya Lebar), Fu Lin Men's package also starts from $498. So Qian Xi does not have any edge over Fu Lin Men, except that they can hold more tables...whereas Fu Lin Men can only hold 35 tables at most...hope these are useful information to you..

No offence here...for those who are happy with your Qian Xi wedding package...i guess you have talked to their manager instead of the managing director suzanna...anw hope u can voice out too if ur encounter with her is good... ;)

Wish all BTBs who have not booked your banquet package have a wonderful time searching and are able to get your ideal deal! ;)

jsquare

Hello, any couples who have held their wedding at Farrer Park (either the restaurant at Level 1 or Diamond Ballroom at Level 3), can share ur experience? I just met up with their restaurant manager Jack, and really like his services. But can anyone advise me whether i should confirm with them now? My wedding is in late 2011. Not hot date.

kelle

Halo JP

My wedding is on next Sun n will hold it at Ruby Ballroom (level 4)....

Wll try n update U again...Cheerz

jsquare

Hi Snoopy Dog,

Thanks much
happy.gif
Erm, i thot the ballroom at level 4 is called Diamond Ballroom? Urs at Qian Xi Farrer Park rite? Do keep me updated. Thanks ya
happy.gif

jsquare

Oh really? Torrance did not show me Ruby ballroom at all.....Hmm....I have been there 2 times and no one mention to me. I dun feel like gg down again....Anyone can share with me pics of the Ruby ballroom and it's capacity? Thanks a lot.

kelle

JP : U intend to hold how many tables? Mine minimum is 10, tat Y he recommend Ruby to me, instead of Diamond. Think Diamond ballroom can hold around 35 tables. Ruby maximum capacity is around 23 tables

I have an video of the Ruby Ballroom, but size is too huge. Maybe I can send 2 U via email...???

jsquare

Hi Snoopy,

I intend to hold max 25 tables. No wonder Torrance din show me Ruby Ballroom. Diamond Ballroom min capacity is 30, max is 40 i think. It's ok then, since i exceed Ruby maximum capacity, the video is not nec. Thanks for the offer ya =)

kelle

Hi JP :

It's okie..so have you made the decision already?

My wedding is over..quite happi n satisfied with their services. All my guests are thumbs up for their food especially the ceral prawns & yam paste (I can only remember these 2, others are aso nt bad). Food taste nice with huge serving.

There is even one table tat my guests order extra plate of ceral prawns!!

We have Jack as our MC n he is quite professional n helpful as well..

jsquare

Hi Snoopy
happy.gif

Congrats! Glad that you are happy with the food and services. Jack is nice, i have met him twice already and he gives really good advice.

I think I won't have the "yuan feng" to hold my wedding with Qian Xi, cuz the Ruby Ballroom too small for us, the Diamond Ballroom I like but need too many tables, and the restaurant itself my hubby dun like the look. We also dun like our impression of the coordinator at Qian Xi @ Expo. The rest of the branches of Qian Xi are too out of place for us.

So most probably considering other options like Pioneer Spring, Pearl River @ Suntec and RELC Hotel.

All the best as you begin the next phase of life with ur hubby!
happy.gif

jsquare

Yea u are right. We both like the Diamond Ballroom, but too bad cannot meet min pax. Actually i think can further negotiate with Torrance, maybe i will give him a call this weekend.

Anw babe, did ur guest feedback anything about the location of the place? Issit hard to find for them? And are there ample parking space?

And also did anyone feedback on the surrounding? My hubby was worried abt the many Indians hanging around the place....

Pls advise. Thanks much
happy.gif

kelle

JP : Maybe you can try to negotiate with Torrance..If I rem correctly, the ruby ballroom minimum is 12 tables, but after talking n negotiate with him, he reduced from 12 to 10. (but in the end, my confirmed tables are 13)

About the location, U no need to worry as the map will be printed in the wedding card. It's very near to Farrer Park MRT station with 5 mins walk. As for packing space, they did not provide but there are packing lots nearby.

As mine is a wedding lunch (daytime), so no feedbacks on the surroundings...I can't comment much if urs is a dinner..

jsquare

Hi SnoopyDog,

Thanks for ur advice. I have emailed him but he did not reply. Dunno whether he is too busy or don't want do our biz. Think nvm lar, i will just consider other options...

lingwei

hi, can anyone send pictures of diamond ballroom and cheer garden? so there's additional charge to hold the banquet at their ballrooms???