Qian Xi Restaurant (Farrer Park)

meow

hi bride2003,
have u been to that place before? Initially intend to sign with them but drop the idea. Heard that the food not bad. The boss is the same for Chengdu and Qianxi marina. Also the lady boss is very helpful. The effects are good too. Didn't personally try out their food.

jenny

Hi Bride2003

I still consider between Qian Xi or Cheng Du.
Qian xi do have wedding this friday & Sat, the sale Susanna do call me up to view the place.
Wherby Cheng Du heard the food was not bad. Relative do hold the dinner there and comment good. You have their banquet package, if need let me know I can e-mail or fax to you.

Cheers

meow

Jenny Tan,
When's your wedding and what's your budget? As you've heard i've ever consider Qianxi at farrer park. But after hearing some negative comments i drop the idea. I'm now holding it at another place, its a restaurant but in a clubhouse. But may not suit u or not. Its in the west zone.

K

kk

Hi Gals,

actually i have signed up with Qianxi already when i put up this msg in the forum.

I went to Chengdu first of all. I have hunted big erstaurants like dragon gate, happy restaurant, etc but the place is too big such that they want to accomodate 2-3 couples at the same time. Isn't that funny? So i drop the idea.

when we were at chengdu, we were pretty impressive. Suzanna mentioned that the place is more towards oriental style, so they keep the style over the years. The manager in charge of chengdu is Jenny Boon. Very friendly manager. But u notice that there are really bad comments over here at chengdu which i dun really take it hard as i know it is hard to please everybody, dun u think so? So i was on the verge of signing with them.

But the day before we sign with chengdu, we drop by Qianxi at farrer park which is more accessible than qianxi marina. Suzanna spoke to us. Once we stepped into the place, we were really impressed! White colour with purplish. The whole place looks bright and cozy. and i heard that the food is not bad, coz the chefs in qianxi and chengdu are different basically. Since the menus are roughly the same, we picked qianxi since the ambience is more suitable and moreover, there is free flow of Martell VSOP. That is a big bargain already!

jenny Tan,

when is ur wedding dinner? Actually i personally dun mind chengdu lor. Shouldn't be bad if we invest in the most expensive menu and that is what we are going to do. After adding GST, the most we spend is around $550 after swopping the food around to get the best combination.

Meow,

are u the one also contributing to fame bridal? I am kk
happy.gif

which restaurant have u booked with?

meow

kk,
Sorry we are two different person. I've seen the FB thread, was surprise to see a same nick. Anyway i've decided to book brilliant garden at chevrons(clubhouse of SAF), open 1 year exactly. It's at Jurong, near my place. Price similar to Qianxi but without GST and have free flow of stout and beer. Its in a ballroom. Starts from $398 can let your friend meow if she's keen.

jenny

Hi Kk

My wedding is 09 May. so end up you sign with which rest. I still have not decide between both of them. But heard that the NE MRT will be delay so it might not convenice but Susannza promise she will arrange transport for us. When your wedding?

Hi Meow

The chevrons is under the management of Bee Tin. But it quite far from us. Both our relative is north and east.

Cheers

K

kk

hi jenny tan,

i have signed up with qianxi restaurant at farrer park lor.. kekekee... i signed up with it then start the thread here.

My wedding dinner is on 26 Oct 2003. Suzanna say they might take out the free offer of free flow of hard liquor if pple sign up next year coz their business is good. So we sign up now lor. Moreover want to reserve the place since the ambience is great.

Dun worry, No matter how long they drag the MRT, they won't drag it till May 03 :p...they wouldn't want to "lose face" by dragging the date of opening.

Yup, if u take Marina qianxi, there will be transport. And there will also be transport if ur relatives can all gather at one place and the coach go and fetch them. But guess this is not necessary for farrer park coz the place i feel is pretty accessible and quite familiar to older generation.

Oh yah, we told Suzanna that we dun want the hotel room stay, so we exchanged it for a reception party in the 2 VIP rooms.

Hi meow,

we chose qianxi farrer park is because we stay in the east and our new house at sengkang. So we wouldn't want to travel to north or west. Else some restaurants in west are really good.

when is ur dinner?

meow

kk,
mine is in 14th nov 03. Yes i do agree the location is not so bad and the ambience is not bad. As for the sound system is good too. But what i dun like is if that day got two weddings, i'll need to use another entrance raher than the one we normally walk in. That's jus my personal view.

meow

Jenny Tan,
No sure what is 'management of gee tin'. But i know the restaurant is Gim Tim if that's what u mean.
happy.gif

It's ok, most people i know of stays in the east or north too. My FH relatives all stays in the west. Only my relatives are all scatter around s'pore. Hence my FH intend to rent a private bus to fetch his relative in a concentrated area and then sent them back after dinner. Maybe you can consider this.
happy.gif

K

kk

Hi Meow,

which restaurant are u referring to? U mean qianxi restaurant? If any couple manage to book 35 tables, they will corner off the whole place already. So there won't be walk in of outsiders and there won't be any other couple joining in.

meow

kk,
For that i'm not sure. Because that day when Suzanna ask both of us to go down, there was two wedding.(it falls on lantern festival) One in the Opal room and the other at the restaurant itself. That day when i see them reherse, the couple have 40+ tables. Yes they do corner that portion off. I'm jus worried that my friends will enter the wrong enterance. I'm not sure if u understand what i mean.

U see if my guest came straight from the carpark, they will follow the sign which show Qianxi restaurant right? After which they will try to enter but found that its not us. Then they will have to walk one round to the other door at the side to enter. Hope u know what i mean now.

K

kk

Hi Meow,

oh issit? I thought there is only 1 entrance? She didn't mention anything about opening Opal Room when we are having dinner in the main hall.

Is there a side gate? That time me and my hubby went in by the main entrance which is the correct one for the main hall, so we never notice any other door.

Well, at least there is no sharing of stage or mixture of both couple's guests which other big restaurants will do.

meow

kk,
There is two. The main entrance where the both of us think looks like a passage way right? The other one is beside the 'one way' road. Its a glass door and the recep will be held there. Maybe you can go to their website and take a look. But dun worry, there won't be two couple's sharing the same stage. But since yours is in the banquet room, it'll looks nicer.

Have you seen their changing room? U know where it is? I've seen it. Looks spacious, so no worry. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Btw, u mention that Suzanna intend to remove the free hard liquor from the menu? I'm not too sure about that. But i did hear that she may increase the price after the MRT starts. Is kk aka bride2003? Kinda never see her in this thread.

jenny

Hi Meow & KK

Went down to Cheng Du & Qian Xi (Farrer Park) on Sat. After view both rest, We decide to take Qian Xi as Cheng Du look so old to us and the stage is so small that if guest sit at the back for the rest, can't have the clear look for what is happening.

Qian xi give me a very clear look. It just that the hotel is at Balestier and there no floyer for guest to mingle around b4 the dinner start.
It look so spacious after their renovation.
Ya she & her husband need mention to us they will remove the liquor by next yr.

Cheer

meow

Jenny Tan,
Would you like to consider Dragon Gate? It looks grand too. But if u have book with QianXi, then forget what i just say. Just stick to your preference then.
happy.gif

Cheers
happy.gif

K

kk

hi jenny,

glad u have chosen qianxi! U intend to keep the hotel room stay? I exchange it for reception party which will be held in the 2 VIP rooms which will be joined together by opening the partition in between.

We also intend to put the reception counter there coz we think the entrance a bit narrow for guests to sign the guest books, etc.

What i am very happy about is they have projector facilities and i guess there is none at chengdu. I plan to have wedding vcd cut and played during the dinner next year.

When is ur dinner date? And how many tables will u be having? I will be having around 45 and above tables.

Actually chengdu dun really look old to us, just that it is very oriental looking. So may give us the old feeling. Anyway its special is szechuan cai, that explains the ambience.

Meow,

It is a good idea to hold at dragon gate coz heard the food is good. I tried to call them before but my date fully booked
sad.gif
Looks like they are really hot! So i sticked with chengdu and eventually qianxi at the end.

jenny

Hi KK

Have not decide whether to keep the Hotel stay? Will be going down again to discuss with them. Dragon Gate dun have those grand look, when there for their Hi-tea found their food okay. Qian xi give us a clear and simple look with no pillars no quite spacious. I quite worry that once every guest stand up their chair will hit each other.

cheer

K

kk

hi jenny,

We feel that the hotel stay is not necessary lor, coz it is not those which is just upstairs, but distance away. So we might as well come back home. Moreover, dun know which ulu hotel is that.. hahaa..we can't remember already.

I also ate dragon gate dim sum before, find it very nice, so i shortlisted it. Too bad it has been booked. But no regrets booking qianxi lah!

How many tables will u be having? Any opinions on the menu? I am hoping to get the last menu. It is the one with all items in, except braised duck with sea cucumbers lor. Pity
sad.gif

One thing good is that qianxi is spacious! There are lots of walking space. Have u noticed the walking aisle? Very wide rite? That time what we saw is the setup for 40++ tables.

jenny

Hi KK

Ya we might not taking the hotel & Party, they will deduct a sum out. The Hotel is at Balestier last time use to call Robinson Hotel but it change the name recently.

Properly will be 30++, have not compound the guest list yet. Find the menu quite resonable. The lighting not bad compare to Cheng Du. They do can dim down the light and shine on you when you walk down the aisle.

Cheer.

K

kk

Hi Jenny,

Oh, so u will take the item out completely. My hubby and I love the idea of having a small reception party before the dinner starts. At least guests can mingle around and it will be a gathering for them. So we decide to convert to that.

Ok, but i guess u need 35 tables so that the whole place will be for u
happy.gif

yah, i heard that the laser effects and everything will follow our footsteps as we walk down the aisle which sounds impressive, and i do hope it is! haha...

jenny

Hi kk

Ya was also thinking of taking the reception party but my wedding fall on weekday, worry but the time guest reach is almost time to start the dinner.

Ya was so impress abt their lighting, will going down tis weekend to view their rehearse.

Will check w susanza again on the min table. Thanks

Cheer

K

kk

hi jenny,

oicc... i can understand ur worry about the reception party. For me, mine is on sunday, so no problem.

I didn't see their lightings or laser effects or anything. But i do trust them
happy.gif
Do tell me ur feelings after this weekend
happy.gif
btw, who are rehearsing?

Ur wedding in May, have u chosen ur gowns and done other preparation besides hunting for venue?

meow

kk,
Acutally i went down to see their rehearse before. Its not the couple rehearsing, its the staffs rehearsing for their first dish presentation. But the effect is good.

K

kk

Hi Meow,

thanks for the info
happy.gif

Ur wedding in Nov rite? Have u started ur preparation for other things besides settling ur wedding dinner venue?

meow

kk,
yes is Nov 03. Got myself a emcee, also settle my HPS. Will collect keys next month. Now looking for ROM recep. Any suggestions?

jenny

Hi kk

It should be the rehearse of the couple, heard susannza mentioned it. Will let you know on Monday.

Ya I have sign the bridal with City Bridal @IMM but heard so many negative comments on their service, just pray that it will turn out smoothly. As for the flat, has already finish renovate. Now have to settle those miscellaneous things and actual day photography.

How your prepartaion have around 1 year to source, but due to it fall on sunday it better to book everything first.

Cheers

K

kk

hi jenny,

where is ur new flat? Mine is at sengkang. My renovation completed before the chinese 7th mth. We drop by on weekends and public holidays and certain weekdays. Can't wait to fully move in so that we dun need to travel back and forth parents' places.

U have chosen all ur gowns? Approximately how long we need to settle everything on gowns? Are u having MTM gown?

i have signed up with Fame Bridal @ Tampines. But they have shifted to Upper Serangoon and renamed as Wedding Affairs. I took their ROM dress in May during my ROM. So far their service really good
happy.gif

Venue is settled. Have told the bridal shop that we need photographer for the actual day. Planned to go to try the gowns after chinese new year. I intend to start earlier coz april i am having exams so not much time and intend to have photoshoot in June. This will give me ample time to prepare for my customary in Oct. Does it sound so early to start the bridal preparation in Feb in this case? i am just afraid i am being very ks.. keeke...

K

kk

Hi jenny,

How's ur weekend? So did u drop by qianxi to look at the rehearsal?

jenny

Hi kk

Ya sign with Qian Xi on Sun, didn't manage to see the rehearsal, the couple was not there yet.

Mine new flat is at Woodlands, finish the renovation and now buying the electrical appliance. I currently stay at Sengkang.I sign with City Bridal and will be going down on Dec for selection just heard fr the other birdal mention that their grown look so outdated. So sad.
sad.gif

Heard from Suananza that they will renovate the reception area during the low period. So maybe b4 my wedd in May the place will be ready. I did mention to her that I will like my reception table to be place at the other side of the rest( near the club recept). If we dun want the party and hotel she will deduct $108. We will go for food tasting after CNY and finalise the miscellanous with her.

Cheer.

K

kk

Hi jenny,

hmm.. u mean u did not sign up with them before the rehearsal? i thought u have signed up with them much earlier on. hahaha... glad that u have signed up with them
happy.gif

oh, which part in sengkang are u staying now? so ur parents live in sengkang now?

City bridal sounds familiar.. where is it? Well, dun care what others say. PPle always say different things. Go and take a look urself - might be ok leh, who knows rite?
happy.gif

Wow, looks like u have not much time left for choosing ur gowns and having photoshoot. Only 5 mths to ur wedding day rite? Normally we require 6 mths or more?

happy food tasting then! I am sure it will turn out to be really good
happy.gif

jenny

Harlo kk

Ya last sun was my 2nd visit to them and signed only then As we are always the last minute type so now then look for this & that.

My parents live near the Nian Qiao Pri.

City Bridal is at IMM. Jan take PS still not late.hee hee Everyone have different point of view so I just hope that on 8 Dec I can get what i like.

Do you know what design or type is "in"

so how your prepartation?

Cheer

K

kk

hi jenny,

Hmm.. guess u have not made the wrong choice lah, although it is last minute kind of thing
happy.gif

ohh..so ur parents live around 300xx block? Mine is opposite rivervale mall blk 184B.

Not late lah. coz ps can be three mths before actual day and that is feb for u. So jan take ps is ok liao.

hmm..do u look through magazines? Now i often see those with three quarter sleeves or short sleeves type of gown. Are u tall? Tall pple i think will look very elegant in them
happy.gif
i dun mind trying those although i am not tall :p
coz i always like short sleeves and three quarter sleeves
happy.gif

Hmm..i plan to go try gowns in jan/feb maybe. then ps in june lor. Coz ps fall on weekday most likely and i can only find time in june to do it. And prefer to choose gown early just in case i want to MTM and need more time to make alterations.

jenny

Hi kk

I properly will choose those tube or spagehetti grown. I not really tall, well will start look at magazine.

Seem like a lot of thing to do, but dun know should start from where. Both the parents have not meet up to discuss abt the ping jin, they not really anxious will try to arrange on dec. They keep said it still early. sigh......

Do Qian Xi provide mini fruit cake for guest, if I not wrong, I saw chocolate on the table.

Cheer

K

kk

Hi Jenny,

If u like tubes, then u wouldn't have any trouble getting gowns
happy.gif

For me, my shoulders quite broad so i won't really look nice in tubes
sad.gif
So see how lor
happy.gif

Ping jin got to meet up and talk wan meh? I thought just send a "matchmaker" over and can settle everything already? Parents need not meet rite?

I remember qianxi menu wrote fruit cake leh.. kekekee.. i dun want fruit cake, i prefer chocolate. If they provide fruit cake, then i will get chocolates and give it extra to guests. But if chocolate, then i save the trouble
happy.gif

B

bom bom

Hello kk & Jenny,

Finally there are someone to kick of with this thread. Oh, forget to intro, me - bom bom.
I also booked QianXi- Farrer Park Jun'02. But I didn't know tt there are giving away choco or fruit cakes..?? how come u have... what's the magic? hee...
I & bf like the restaurant cos it's big & spacious. But when I & bf booked tt time, we didn't know tt there are laser effects. do u mean tt they have juz fixed the laser guns @ the aisle? then,it's wonderful cos tt time, we ask Suzanna & her husband & they say they r thinking abt it.

K

kk

Hi Bom Bom,

great u "revive" the thread!! Haha.. i started the thread, but somehow died along the way :p

Welcome!

Hey, that day i happen to read the pamphlet again, but i did not see those wedding flavours too.. kekeeke.. dun tell me dun have?? Then i shall go without it :p

Yes, it is really big and spacious. At first we visited chengdu and about to place deposit. But Suzanna called my husband so many times and my husband and I say ok, we shall drop by try our luck. But who knows, we like the place at first sight!

I think they have done a lot of things in the reno. Did Suzanna tell u they are going to improve the foyer too? Hope it will be completed soon!

And i really hope the MRT opens by Apr! So that it is more convenient for the guests.

By the way, i have booked the restaurant for 26 Oct 03
happy.gif

When's urs?

B

bom bom

Hi KK,

U r much luckier than me. My wedding dinner will be held on 1 Mar'03. Boo...At that time, thought that the MRT will be ready cos they say will be ready b4 Chinese NewYear..... Anyway, dun think abt it cos... I tell myself tt dun think 2 muc otherwise me will not enjoy myself....

Wow, what foyer is that? I dunno leh...It's been quite a while I didn't go there. Never mind, if got pass by, I ask my hubby 2 see see look look..... Cannot take it man.... women so KPO...right!!

By the way, have they fix the laser beam @ the aisle? If have, wow, then it will be great...

I did ask Suzanna b4, & she told me no flavours lor. Anyway, I'll be making my own wedding flavours 4 my guests as a token.

R u bringing in any wine 4 yr dinner?

K

kk

Hi Bom Bom,

Yah lor, dun think too much. Anyway small issue lah. Some will drive, some will carpool, some will take bus. Ok wan lah! Anyway i think that place is quite famous and convenient. Where do u live?

The foyer is the part just outside the main entrance. Suzanna say they are going to lay with granite and do the whole thing up to make it more presentable.

Yes, they have fixed the laser. But i have not seen the demo on it. Trust them lor.. kekee.. Jenny intended to go see rehearsal that time but couple not there yet.

What flavours will u be having? Any advice for me?

Hmm..depends on my hubby lor. I told him if budget constraint,then dun bring lor. Anyway got beer and liquor already. So having wine is not compulsory lor.

Which bridal shop have u signed up? U must be busy with gown fittings and photography at this point of time?

jenny

Hi Bom Bom

Ya their aisle laser has fixed up. Their projector also brand new. Susannza did mention they will renovate the floyer.

As for the favour, I did saw the staff distrbute the choco. Will check with her again.

cheers

K

kk

Hi Jenny,

Great! Can u check with them on the flavours?

Do u intend to use the projector on ur wedding day?

leafy

hi,
Good morning...

I'm considering Qian Xi too. But may I know where are they located?.
Which one is more recommended? Marina South one or Farrer Park one?

K

kk

Hi Leafy,

Good Morning!

Qianxi is located at Marina South and Farrer Park. Hmm.. i heard comments that the one at Marina South is very good. But then, to me, it is pretty inaccessible. Need shuttle bus for guests, etc. although Qianxi can arrange shuttle buses for pickups at designated locations. Farrer Park, to me, is more accessible since both me and hubby staying in the east and we often pass by there when going bugis and other areas, so more "qing jie"
happy.gif

Why not drop by and get a feel of both places and see which ambience u prefer
happy.gif

leafy

hi,
It's me again.
I've checked their location from their website. Farrer park is rather far for use, cos most of our relatives are in the west.
Thanks!!

leafy

hi kk,
Thanks for your reply.
happy.gif

I've seen the map, indeed is inaccessible.
Although the restaurant provide transport, I think I'll need to make some transport arrangement myself. Maybe chater bus & get our relatives to gather in our house first. Like this should receive less complains.
happy.gif

K

kk

Hi Leafy,

Haha.. so still interested in Qianxi restaurant? I am very impressed with the ambience and deco for the one at farrer park. maybe u can take a look
happy.gif

linda

I attended a wedding at Qianxi farrer park.
The food is only okay with a lot of room for improvement. The ambience was okay. The service cos all aunties was terrible. They call me "OOi, siam eh..." when I was standing at the table waiting for my hubby. The MC was LOUSY. Make corny jokes abt the length, abt the thickness, abt not much sound never mind, as long shoot far can liao...Wah lau, so low class yellow jokes.
If you liekt he place, PLEASE get your OWN MC.

B

bom bom

Hi kk Jenny,

Wow great, it's true tt the thread is being revived again. 4 me.I'm living in the east & most of our friends r living in ther east as well.

I'll be doing some potpurri 4 my guests. hopefully they appreciate it lor. how abt u, kk?

I'm just finished my PS, but have not seen the samples yet cos I juz took it last wed only & they need 7-10 days 2 develop the samples. so now me doing reno 4 our hse. I booked my package in GHA (yishun). Where did both of u book yr wedding package?

SO happy, they've fixed up the laser. I'll be using the projector.

we chose Qianxi is b/c of budget constraint & basically it has almost everything we r looking 4, like the projector, the restaurant hall is spacious & pillarless, no worry abt arranging the tables or any obstruction. 4 the food wise, it's ok lah. cos i've tried it b4. but w/ mrt,tt's the best lah cos accessible mah....

we did look @ many restaurants b4 deciding Qianxi. I did attend a wedding @ dragon gate b4. the main hall is nice & grand but there r 4 big pillars which might block some view lah, The fd is very salty. tt's why 4 food is up 2 individual lor. . 4 the toilet, is very bad. but again, this is up 2 individual lor.

K

kk

Hi Linda,

where did the MC come from?? So terrible! Yes, i am planning to get my friends as MCs.

Hi Bom Bom,

My friends too staying in the east. And those staying far drive, so no problem. Moreover MRT station nearby mah, so no worry
happy.gif

Hmm..if no flavours, my hubby and I have decided to get designed chocolates for the guests lor. can cost a lot, but well, once a lifetime mah.. kekeeke... u got the wedding handbook? Inside got feature one shop designing chocolates, remember?

Wow, ur wedding in March rite? So fast finish photoshoot? I called up my bridal shop yesterday. Advised to go choose gowns after CNY, that is around mid Feb. Plan to have ps in June
happy.gif

Where did u have ur ps? My bridal shop is wedding affairs at upper serangoon. It was the former fame bridal at tampines. Just shifted.

Oh, so u will be playing VCD on the dinner nite too? Or playing video?

yes! u know, i was so happy to see the projector. Most restaurants may not have that. And i really like the purple colour theme. What colour theme did u see on ur last trip there? have u gone for food tasting yet?

I heard that if want food to be better, have to ask Suzanna to add in 3 "liang" more shark fin into the shark fin soup else normally the soup is thin. Which menu u go for? I am thinking of the most expensive one, but will exchange the chicken for braised duck. I scared after GST, the price may shoot to $550 per table.

When i called up dragon gate the other time, it was fully booked. Orient Ocean also fully booked. I visted Yan Palace and happy restauant. In the end decided on qianxi on the spot
happy.gif

leafy

hi kk,
I'm yet to visit the marina outlet.

Anyone attended wedding dinner there b4? Any comments on the ambience and settings?

Linda,
The MC really so low class?? terrible! I wouldn't want to be embarressed by those kind of jokes, which obviously making fun of the bride n groom...