Qian Xi Restaurant (Farrer Park)

kerenelu

Hi Naturally!!

Heee, u see, my memory fails me!

It is good to keep things simple. My guo da li fairly complicated! kekekee...

HOHOHOHO... ur hubby sure or not? kekekekee... my hubby ah, very bad tempered wan... and a bit eccentric.. hahahahaa... hoho, u can go tell ur hubby about it liao :ppp

How u know i pretty or not? kekekekee... oh, u happen to see my wedding pictures before?

Ya, i agree. I think my hubby luckier than me... hahahahaa....

Yap, me and flowee jie 2-3 blocks away. Oh, u not yet living in ur punggol flat yet?

Really so happy u two are attending the dinner.. if u follow the 3 mth before and after rule, think u won't be able to attend liao.. kekee...

btw, when is ur wedding in dec? my hubby say dec 21? kekekee... i can tell u his memory is super poor... he can do one thing today and tell me tomorrow he never do it and put the blame on me
sad.gif
Sob Sob! U see, i so ming4 ku3 :p

naturally

ok ok, i confess... i not only peeped into this thread, i also peeped into your photo link...
lol.gif
Only met your hubby once or twice, quite a few years ago... but i dun think i've seen u before hor? He looks like a soft-spoken chap, i think even if bad mood he won't be that fierce lah? Not like mine... he's soooo horrible when he flares up! i think i more ming ku leh! :ppp

But this time your hubby's memory is super good, he remembered our wedding date... very touched, heehee! Dun worry, if he bully u, i'll tell my hubby to knock his head!
rofl.gif
hmm... but better not, think u will be xin1 teng2....
biggrin.gif

kerenelu

HI naturally!!

Heeee, oh u beeped into my wedding links without knowing who i was that time rite? kekekeee... aiyah no need to confess lah. This forum is a place for us gals to kaypo here and there mah.. kekekeee.. like that more fun :p

Hee, actually i look very different from the wedding photos cos complete makeover :p All my family members say doesn't look like me
sad.gif
Dunno whether it is because they too get used to my old look liao.. kekekee...

Oh u have not met me before. My hubby say it has been around 5 yrs since he last seen u. Is it rite? He say ur name is Joanne? kekekee... he even tell me ur age :pppp i think must call u jiejie also :pp

Heee, no lah, my hubby not soft spoken.. sometimes he talk very loud, yawn very loud and snore very loud.. hahahahahaa...

I think we have 3 weddings to attend in dec.. hahahaa... and somehow there is also another one on 23 dec or something like tat... so quite a surprise he can remember urs! And u all with Hyatt rite? I think ur hubby mentioned something to him before that u all top some amt to book the whole ballroom.

Dun worry, i make him sleep outside first. If he still doesn't "repent" then i get ur hubby to hit him hard.. hahahahaa..

naturally

For a moment, i thot u're going to reveal my age here... lucky u never!
lol.gif
Alamak, u mean my hubby has been going ard telling people my age??? He siao one!
crazy.gif
Ok, go tell your hubby i'm only 21!!!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

This is so funny.... heehee!

How come my hubby sounds as if he is trying to con u all to give more ang bao.... hahahhaha!! Aiyo, i can't stop laughing.... but i'm just kidding lah, your hubby remember correctly... he where got poor memory??? Yeah, it's been 4-5 years since they had a gathering, else i would have had chance to meet u!
happy.gif

kerenelu

Hi Naturally!!!

Aiyohhh, me although a bit blur sotong and stupid and slow, but won't reveal other pple's age openly lah.. kekekeee... skully say wrongly, u kill me! kekeke...

Aiyohhh, although my hubby a bit blur sotong and stupid and slow like me, he also won't believe u 21 lah! kekekekee.... i tell him u insult his intelligence leh :pp

Oh, not my hubby's memory good, is my memory better than him cos it is me who remember the top up for hyatt hotel. hahahaa... cos i think while he is on the phone, i was around so i probed and kaypo and ask him who then what did they say.. kekekeeke.. then i remember :p

Heee, me and hubby only know each other for almost 3 yrs. How can i possibly meet u all leh? kekekekee...

naturally

hihi kk!

3 more days to your wedding!! Excited or not?
biggrin.gif

Dun like dat lah, if i say i'm 21+... like dat can or not??
lol.gif
Aiyo, sui4 yue4 bu4 liu2 ren2, haha! Hey i'm very curious, u're younger than me by how many yrs har?

Hee, i'm sure we will have plenty of chances in future to get to know each other...
happy.gif
Meanwhile are u all prepared for your big day? I'm eagerly looking forward to see the mei mei xin niang!
biggrin.gif

fishball

hi, sorry to disrupt. Juz wanna wish kk mei a wonderful day on her big day. Be a mei mei bride and show us yr lovely photos later, k?
happy.gif

cathy

Hi all,
Jus attend a dinner at QianXi Farrer Park last night. I hated that place. My colleague took the smaller room and squeeze 20 tables in there. The stage was very small even during the Yum Seng session they have to take the wedding cake away to make way for the yum seng party. It was so cramp that the chair you're sitting knocks the chair behind you. Eating was so frustrating. And when the newly wed march in, they use the florsence tube to switch on and off to make it like disco lights. So ugly looking they do have disco lights but its only at the stage area and there's only 3 miserable 3 bulbs. I didn't finish the whole dinner and left with disappointment. Glad i didn't choose them for my banquet then

la_la

how is the food and ambience in qianxi restaurant (farrer park?)

my in laws are so into qianxi restaurant. My hubby and i are thinking whether qianxi or IMM Yunan garden beter.

miracle

Hi lala,

I held my wedding there a few months ago and I'm very happy with them. Food tumbs-up from most of my guests' feedback. As for ambience is rated ok, but dun expect too much or something like hotel ballroom. Considering the price of the package is really valued for money. They provide free usage of projector. free flow of beer and hard liquor, and free card printing.

All the best to your wedding preparartion!

Hi, we went to qianxi at payalebar to take a look and was quite amazed by the place. It's huge and nice - just looks like a ballroom, high ceiling. The cons is the place got pillar and must have at least 40 tables in order to take the big hall. The boss was very friendly - he even brought us down to Qianxi at Farrer Park with his wife Suzanne. Excellent customer service - this is what I call "know how to do business". Farrer Park one looks better... square room and pillarless... the food looks good and portion is big(wedding going on when we went there) and the boss say that he's going to renovate the entrance to something grander and modern next week. Package is reasonable plus free flow drinks, beer, stouts, hard liquor... my parent-in-laws love it and they want us to book there... might be taking up the package at the bigger hall at Farrer Park (at least 35 tables). Deco is fab compared to some other restaurant and stage is big. 5 mins walk to Farrer Park MRT station. The boss said that they might be closing down the Marina one end of the year - they are still negotiating the rent. They have a great selection of wedding invitation cards (very nicely designed) and printing for the cards and inserts are FREE!

eiggam

hi angel!

nice to see u pop by here! actually, all of us are gathered at the "Qianxi Restaurant?" thread, think it's one above this so maybe u'll like to join us there? there are some reviews on farrer park that i wrote there too!
happy.gif

blur_snowy

Hi all,

Attended dinner at QianXi Farrer Park last week. Disappointed with the food. For our table, we only finish half of the dishes and there was 1 dish untouched. If you have guests who are non-chinese, might be a bit inconvenient, cos the waitress/waiter are mostly from China.

eiggam

*gasp*
hi blur blur,

can u elaborate? I'm a farrer park bride, having wedding there next year. the food is no good? In wat way was it no good? The wedding u attended was in the bigger ballroom is it? What dish was untouched? Please provide more information, thanks!

limtangkuei

Hello bubblybride (bubblybride)

Marina side Qian Xi haven't closed down?? I thought they closed down areadly.

I heard they will open another one is Butik Batok

blur_snowy

Hi maggie, sorry for the neg. comments, but that's my opinion.

The "lotus rice"(2nd last dish)was left untouched. Couldn't tell exactly what was not nice, but by the time we left the place, we don't feel full and no appetite to eat the 2nd last dish, taking only slips of the dessert. But there's 1 dish which we like, the cereal prawns.

As for the ballroom, i guess it's the bigger room, cos my friend had 42 tables, but felt a bit squeeze. The march-in walkway is narrow, but that might be due to the no of tables.

powerpuff_gal

Hi,
I had my food tasting for my wedding banquet at Paya Lebar Qianxi. Not bad.
I personally feel that the 9 course dinner can be reduced cos by the fifth dish I was quite full. That I feel is why the lotus rice is left untouched. I had to pack the lotus rice home cos all of us was full already.

limtangkuei

Helo

It true, lotus rice is left untouched due to they too full not because the foods not nice. I heard, in my wedding dinner really got people request pack the foods n bring home, hehe..

powerpuff_gal

hi josephine,
they do pack the food for you if you request to. I will ask them to pack for my table cos I will not have time to eat. Don't want to waste the food loh.

limtangkuei

Hello Iynn

On that day, confirm you not time to eat, hehe..

Ever we forgot request pack the foods, next day we go paid the tables $$, they know we not time eat dinner so they treat us lunch(this is farrer park side only, I don't know paya lebar will like that or not), hehe...

cloudys

hi all,

any recent brides had their dinner at qianxi farrer park? am very keen on booking this place for my ad next year.. but would like to find out more about the quality of food..

kristy

Prepare to let go a wedding banquet at Qian Xi Paya Lebar (small ball room) for personal reason, good for holding more than 25 tables. Interested please contact my hubby @ 90045683. Thanks

movenpick

Is there ample parking space in qian xi at farrer park? how is the quality and quantity for food like sharkfin / suckling pig (whole)/ fish (size?)? THanks

esther_mrs_wai

Hi,

I have a banquet package of 35 tables at Qian Xi Paya Lebar to let go. A deposit of 1k has been placed but willing to let go at $850.

I am currently checking if a change of date is allowed. Also, menu hasn't been decided yet, hence, you are able to pick the menu of your choice.

The below link for more info
>> http://www.qianxi.com.sg/index.htm

Should you be interested, kindly contact me @ [email protected] or mobile - 81262298

Thanks.

ii_yume

hi, went there for a friend's wedding a couple of months ago, the food not as nice as the hilltop one. dunno why same boss almost same menu but diff taste...

glenda

Hi Pauline, is the food really that bad compared to hilltop? Am thinking of taking Qian Xi@ Farrer Park or Expo. Hilltop is too far for us as we stay in the north.

Anyone else have booked Qian Xi @Farrer Park or Expo, can share? We are going down this evening to take a look at Expo venue (Bliss Garden). =)

tulalip

i went for my foodtasting a month back. everything was pretty good. the cereal prawns was really nice! but the herbal roasted duck didnt taste that good... Am thinking whether to top up more to change to another dish..

alicia_yong

Hi, I am also interested in the qian xi @ farrer park, but am not so sure whether to book it or not, as i saw the layout of the venue online, i saw tat the changing room is at the kitchen. Is it troublesome or heaty or dirty to walk through the kitchen to the changing room?

sherry79

Hi, i booked my last sunday with Qianxi at Farrer Park.

Alicia: the changing room is not at the kitchen. They actually have a makeup/changing room. Try to go for their ruby or i think diamond ballroom..

bubblesting

Willing to let go a package on 14/02/2009(SAT) at Hilltop Qianxi Garden Restaurant Ballroom A. 10 to 15 tables. Selected menu SGD 538.00/table.. Menu can still be changed. Deposit of SGD 1000 paid.. Willing to let go at SGD 750.00. I have booked a MUA on that day.. Paid SGD 100.00 as deposit for my MUA.. Willing to let go my MUA FOC as well.. Email me for more details. goh_weiting at hotmail.com

tresalim

I have placed a $2k deposit with Qian Xi Restaurant (Hilltop) for 35 tables at Crystal Ballroom. (venue can be changed to any of their outlets). Pillarless and high ceiling. Very good PERKS. I have to postpone my wedding and I'm willing to let go at a discounted price.

Have a look:

Special Wedding Package:

1) Free Flow of Hard Liquor, Red Wine, Beer, Stout, Chinese Tea and Soft Drink (Hard Liquor and Red Wine for booking of 25 tables & above)

2) Free elegant ivory sear cover for ALL dining chairs

3) free 10 pax food tasting

4) Wedding March & First Course Presentation with Special Effect

- Laser & Disco Lighting

- Smoke & Music Effect

- Projector w/ projection Screen

- Hugh Stage with LED Lighting
5)Multi-tier dummy wedding cake with champagne fountain with complementary bottle of champagne

6) Free wedding invitation cards with free printing

7) Free guest signature book

Total capacity is 65 tables

Interested parties, pls email to [email protected].

thanks

ferlinloh

I have placed a $2k deposit with Qian Xi Restaurant (Farrer Park) for 35 tables at Diamond Ballroom. (Venue can be changed to any of their outlets). Pillarless and high ceiling. Very good PERKS. I have to cancelled my wedding dinner due to some personnel issue and I'm willing to let go at a discounted price.

Here are the details of the wedding packages:

1) Free Flow of Hard Liquor (Martell), Red Wine (Cornerstone), Beer (Tiger), Stout, Chinese Tea and Soft Drink (Hard Liquor and Red Wine for booking of 25 tables & above)

2) Free elegant seat cover for ALL dining chairs

3) 50% discount on the food tasting and if 2nd table required there will be a 30% discount

4) Wedding March & First Course Presentation with Special Effect

- Laser & Disco Lighting
- Smoke & Music Effect
- Projector w/ projection Screen
- Hugh Stage with LED Lighting

5) Multi-tier dummy wedding cake with champagne fountain with complementary bottle of champagne

6) Free wedding invitation cards with free printing

7) Free guest signature book

8) Menu package start from $498nett, $538nett, $588nett, $638nett, $668nett, $728nett

Total capacity is 50 tables

Interested pls contact me directly at my mobile 90053658 Ferlin Loh or email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

ferlinloh

Hi Akino... the diamond ballroom that I have book is 35 tables min.. But if you are looking at lesser than 35 tables, I'm not sure if they are allow to..

ferlinloh

Hey... happen to recall that I have a couple that booked the ballroom in Expo with the min of 35 tables.

But recently I have attended my friend wedding in Expo too and her tables is only 20+..

So I think it still can be able to negotiate with Suzanna... Although she is abit tough.... =)

And I have another couple that book the same ballroom but Suzanna say that min is 35 tables.

akino

hihi so when is both of ur AD? i've booked with them. no choice my hub wants the ballroom. min 35 tables. so we add on 3 tables to make it 35. mine is 6th dec 09.