Qian Xi Restaurant (Farrer Park)

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

Yah rite! Actually i dun really like the idea of giving guests sign on our bridal scroll. But my hubby say good idea. My bridal shop say if dun want to sign, we can hang it on the wall in the house. I prefer to hang it up, rather than let pple damage the photo. Yah, mine is with photo on it. What is the plastic u are referring to? Those adhesive type?

Qianxi does provide guestbook rite?? Why u dun have?

Yah, all the while we are prepared to give the ang pow. It is a form of appreciation for them. Hopefully when they see the ang pow, they do their work properly.. ekkee.. and we will pass them the ang pow right before the dinner start, and not after it ends, else it defeats the purpose.

I think we have to be hard on them. I will get my friend to play the system for me. I dun want anything to happen to the music. What u think?

joanna

dear kk

i oso think so... but if they insist they nid their guys to play how?

juz use a veri normal transparent plastic use double sided tape to stick the 4 corner.. abit 'not nice' but this is a way to prevent ppl draw ur face...

abt the ang bao.. if u think another way if u gif them b4 the dinner when they open n c 'wow so little' how? serve u worse... if the amount u going to gif them is gd den u dun haf to worri lor.. if u gif them less than $100 den i think u better gif them after the dinner..

i dun know they got the guest book, but although they provide mi i will not take lor. Coz sure is those 'O bi' type. i haf alreadi custom made the guest book...

r u getting red wine?

mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

Now it sounds like they very bad, shouldn't have signed up with them in the first place. I see the ballroom very nice and heard the food very nice, that's why sign up with them. Now everything also cannot.

U know, sounds like everything must be under their control. last nite i called suzanna. I told her i want to print the invitation cards early cos our parents pushing for it. They need time to write. And sometimes chinese is difficult to write so need more time. Not like we young pple write english names. So i tell suzanna why not print the cards perhaps next month or so. She say too early cos my wedding in oct and only need 1 week to print cards. I talk and talk until finally persuade her that next month i demand to see the cards and get them printed.

Oicc..ok i discuss with my hubby about it. yah, good idea to use transparent plastic
happy.gif

We dun think we will give them less than $100. What's the norm? More than $200??

Might be getting red wine cos hubby say his friend got lobang. Get those not so ex ones but also not bad ones.

blessed

Hi ladies,

I had my wedding at Qian Xi (marina south) some time last year. Never encountered the problems you girls mentioned.

About the ang bao, it's for good luck. Give any amount you like.

K

kk

Hi Blessed,

Thanks! The problems encountered are pretty often at the restaurant at farrer park. That's why i am pretty nervous about it.

Yes, exactly for the ang pow
happy.gif

blessed

Hi KK,

Don't worry too much, just make sure you communicate clearly the instructions to Qian Xi. Wedding preparations are always such a headache. And make sure you assign your friends/helpers specific tasks with CLEAR instructions. The couple should be the one to take it easy on the big day.

Ang Bao is usually given at the end of the dinner, though you can always give first.

Have a beautiful wedding!

joanna

ya lor as blessed said, kk did u get your friends or whoever to help out? that tat day u n ur hubby muz not b bothered by those things..

i get suzanna to get for mi the red wine coz she say per bottle cost around $20+. so i save the trouble to buy..

actualli regarding the invitation cards u wanted to be printed out by next mth i think is too fast. they realli onli nid 1 wk to finish the printing. it make urself more tense lor.. juz like my parents they didn write the card they juz verbally tell them den pass them the card without writing guest names (this will prevent u write wrongly n they might not haf enough cards for spare), den they will explain to them the card is for them to take note the date n location so verbally say can liao. Actualli suzanna work fast lor.. u dun haf to worri u cant get your things on time...

1 more thing to get u prepare.. abt the seating arrangement! suzanna wil tell u that u can confirm with her the no. of table 1 week be4 the dinner. i think is better lor.. coz by that time u will noe who r the ppl cant make it and who want to being their partner to come (which u haf more accurate table u require. Like mi i need 10 tables for my friends n colleage but in the end i onli nid lesser than that coz some of them had alreadi informed mi they r not able to attend. in this way u will not c tables empty )(it dun look gd coz other guests might think how come thiz couple's PR not gd so many ppl didnt come).if your parent of hubby say too late 1 week advance take the plan, den u explain to them due to ppl might last min cant attend den will not waste 1 table.

if u feel nothing to do coz no table plan.. dun worri u can plan the seating arrangement den when u got the plan juz slot in can liao!!!
U oso haf to do time table (ur actual day time), plan wat time u wake up, make-up artist wat time reach ur hse blar blar... and write dwn wat r the things u nid to pack...

dun worri everything will b fine!

Mute

jenny

Hi

During my wedding there no RED CARPET, I relaised it after viewing the video. Was very sad abt it. I did double check with Suzanna before my weeding. And on the day itself there no sign of red carpet.

They have change thier guest book. They use to have the red folding guest book but during my turn they change it to the book type. I was not inform abt the change.

K

kk

Hi Jenny,

yah rite! It is really terrible of them to do that, no red carpet for u. And u only realise when u watch ur video clip rite?

By the way, how u find the new guest book? Presentable?

Hi Joanna,

Guess our parents will not give empty cards to relatives. They are too tradtional and writing names is always a form of respect for the guests. Let alone our parents, i myself insist to write their names, no matter how rush it is.

I always have the feeling something is very wrong with the farrer park branch. And so far suzanna has been making empty promises. Firstly, she promised for no extra costs for change in desserts. But recently heard from jenny that from red bean paste to yam, they want a $5 extra.

And when we sign, they promise 3% GST, but guess now they actually collect 4% GST.

And i can't tolerate mistakes like playing wrong march in music again and again. And like wat jenny say, they supposed to give bowls for washing hands together with the prawns dish, but didn't see the bowls at all.

Maybe we are being too petty, but feel they shouldn't repeat their mistakes and not learning from it.

joanna

kk

As so many ppl say that there is no red carpet, i think b4 the dinner commence u gif suzanna a call regarding the decoration, if she had done it den u make a trip dwn (i think that day u n your hubby cant mit but these things always woman more particular)if is not done yet den u try to b early to c the decoration 1st b4 u go for make-up... actualli change of desert or other dishes need $ 1 lor... i oso got change dishes onli add $20 to mi i think is reasonable lor coz if u got other restaruant might b more expen...

regarding the GST i oso heard they they will aborsb the 1% increase den now different issue.. hai gif lor wat to do...

dun always think that so 'cham' happy mah...
think the bright side

u nid any advise feel free to sound out..

Mute :þ
mute

joanna

hi guys,

mi juz had my wedding dinner yesterday. Actualli the day b4 there is a couple oso having their dinner, so i request to take a look at their decoration n told the captain what other needs i required. When the actual day, i went to the place early before 1 hour the dinner start i make a checking. Lucky i did that cause the name placed at the stage got i missing letter on my name.

Overall was fine, but there is some issue hope that kk will look into it. When i as the person-in-charge will there be a mixture for my guests to wash when they rest the prawns(1 of my dish) den he say that they onli provide to the 'red' tables. Now then i know y there is no lemon mixture for other tables, so i requested '1 for all' help me to provide 4 all tables. About the music, i oso get someone to co-ordinate wif he staff there. Starting when they start playing(trial) ther was no sound, at least there is time to check and its done.
Regarding the red carpet, in my ballroom i haf 30 tables so there is not much walking space or mi and my hubby to walk through & my hubby say that he nearly walk the wrong way as there is a missing portion of the red carpet. my advice is to haf a trial practice when marching in the walkway.
when making the payment, that time Suzanna said that i can either pay by visa or cash, but when my father-in-law making the payment they dun accept visa n request for cheque payment. So 'bo bian' my father-in-law onli make he payment y 2day by cheque. he is abit not happy with the issue. For pls be prepared.
overall i will onli know hows the night (as in did my guests enjoys anot) when i receive my VCD.

Mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

Oh, so u faced the same problem as Jenny, not having lemon mixture for all tables. "1 for all"?? What do u mean?

I guess the marching part isn't a problem for farrer park branch cos the aisle is simply wide enough.. kekee.. and the place is big enough to avoid confusion.

Is Suzanna ok with next day payment? Yah, i remember that time she is ok with credit cards and cheque payment. She even say she accept company cheques, i dun know how true it is cos i know some hotels dun even accept company cheques.
So which mode of payment do u think it is the best and most convenient for us?

How's the food and serving on the whole? ANy feedback from friends, relatives and even own family?

joanna

Hi kk
i arrange to haf all tables to haf the lemon mixture lor..

I think u ask for next day payment lor.. den u use that night to count the $ den u bank in the money den issue a cheque to them...

most of the feedback pretty gd, but some of them feel not so gd lor.. but i can advise you dun take the feedback so hard coz u can satify everi1..

mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

haha, my hubby say shouldn't be a problem to give them a cheque.. hmm, yah lor, do it the next day.. but that means still got to stay up count money the nite itself???
sad.gif

Hmm, good to hear "most of the feedback pretty good".. i believe qianxi's food is not the best, but definitely quite good, this one i am confident of. I am just worried about the funny little things they do or won't fulfill.

joanna

Dear kk

on my wedding day, i did spot some problems:

1) my name on the board (hang on the stage), got a missing lettle for my name.
2) lemon mixture (dun worri double confirm wif them does every table have anot, if not u request).
3) their hi-fi system couldn't work, but lucky it work in the end.

if that night u didnt drink too much i think u r able to count the money lor... on last ting, when u open urs n ur hubby's friends ang bao, rem to write dwn on a piece of paper. this is as a guide when u friend get married u know how much to wrap back to them...

if possible, if get the bridal car to sent u both back to hme or hotel coz both of u sure ganna offer beer from your guests.

mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

Guess i can't prevent the misspelt name, if there is any, from happening?

How come chengdu hi fi system got problem, theirs also got problem.. hahaha... but then guess we are able to get the hi fi system tested before the dinner starts?

Yaya, true true... my mum told me the same thing liao.. to write clearly the amounts our friends, colleagues gave us.. and i hope my in laws do the same thing for the relatives side too. I need to take down my friends' side in particular, cos i may need to handover the correct amount of money to my pils. Hey, u mind me asking, how u deal with the gains and losses in ang pow money? I mean ur in laws is the overall in charge of the ang pow money or u two in charge of it?

Yup, we have a bridal car that will wait for us till dinner is ended. So are u drunk that nite? kekekee...

joanna

hi kk

if your reach there earli get your co-ordinator to deal with the captain, u can to the teating dun worry...

actualli for my side if there is a losses my father in-law will cover the amt if for my cases i did make a gain but the $ had all pass to my in-law alreadi coz i haf to pay back him the $ he had took out for my foto shooting blar blar... and on that day i had passed to 1 of my friend (wif sitting at the front desk) to take care of it. I trust my friends lor as u haf to know your in-law pattern r they those will mind u let your friends to handle those ang pao (as my in-law let us handle our ang pao ourself).. i tell u a situation happened to my friend that day of her marriage, that night when all guests arrived we (mi n other friends) helped her to keep the ang pao den her mother-in-law saw n keep stare at us scare we take her ang pao (as the mother-in-law take $ beri serious 1 n beri stingy), my friends even get a vedio camera to take we put the ang pao in the bag. Till the dinner over as we put all her ang pao in a bag den when all guests had left, we need to passed the ang pao to her personali coz we know that the in-law will take the $ n will not gif to my friend, den the in-law realli onli wan to take the bag from us but not helping to take other things out of the restaurant. den in the end my friend make a lost, that in-law wan my friend's parent to cover the amt (by right if any losses shouldn't haf get from the cha bo side mah). my friend wan to prevent all the qurrel so she use her saving to cover the losses (n starting the deposit 1k is my friend pay alreadi now still haf to cover the losses). So u haf to talk to your in-law regarding this issued, i know is not nice but is $ matter lor beri sensitive.

that night i did not drank but drink to a stage the beer become tastless to mi like drinking gaseous plain water. haha

my foto r readi alreadi n i had get my friend to scan the foto for mi n create a web site when its readi let u know..

do rem when u remove the make up muz use a mascara remover n make up remover wet tissue, it do save the time on removing the thick make-up..

mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for sharing! Wow, looks like money issue will always be a headache! hahaa... must handle with care
happy.gif

Yah, i have used the mascara remover and whatever wet tissues to remove my makeup after ps. So is ok
happy.gif
Thanks!

Ok, looking forward to viewing ur photos
happy.gif

By the way, my ps photos are up long ago. Did i inform u of the website? I can't remember liao kekeke...

joanna

hi kk

ur fotos pretty nice... wah u so gd can take foto till quite late ar... mine at 6+ onli... i like ur outdor shooting at the beach 1.. keke how much u spend on our package.. seem like u too alot of them and add into your album.. whih bridal shop u signed?

mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

Keke, i left for my outdoor ps late, i went out around 5 pm so went to sentosa and by the time we reached esplanade and finished with things there it was already around 7++ pm.

I love the beach photos
happy.gif
These are the 50 photos that are so called "rejected" but i will still have them back at the end of the day
happy.gif
The other 50 which are to be in mag album will be ready by end next month. I can only scan them and post them up in Aug
happy.gif
Will update u then
happy.gif

I am with Wedding Affairs, previously fame bridal @ Tampines. Now shifted to Upper Serangoon. My original package was $2988. I upgraded the album to mag style and the new price is $4988 with other additional stuff added in as well.

joanna

kk

wah u spend quite alot ar.. ut not bad u still haf the chance to scan those rejected photos...

your dinner is coming.. anoher 4 months.. so did u go for facial, medicure, spa blar blar???

mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

haha, i am actually a very lazy person.. kekeke.. so i did not go for any facial, manicure, spa etc etc. U went for those sessions before ur wedding? What i normally do is just DIY facial at home and to take care in my diet and also other basic things.

joanna

hehe.. i onli when facial n medicure.. the rest i'm too late to go. so i'm a lazy person same as you.

So did u o buy shoes? coz go to match our day n ight gown mah...

and oso chage new $ notes so gif our cousins whoever hafen married.. had o calculate lor.. coz is not a small sum.

mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

Heeee, yah i bought shoes long time ago. I have 3 pairs with me now. One was for my rom which i still keep. One i bought earlier than gown selection and was white. Hmm, then i crazy mah, thought dun go well with my actual day gown so i bought another pair which was shiny grey to go with my actual day gown and also EG. I heard from my bridal shop that grey is a universal colour, suitable for all kinds of gowns and colours. Now i am thinking whether i should get a red pair of beaded/embroidery heels for my tea dress if i were to wear back the kua in the photos. So see how things go.

Must give ang pows to cousins wan ah? Anyway i dun have any cousins coming from malaysia and singaporean ones all married.. hahaa... i only know need to give to my nieces and nephews.

joanna

wah gd for you onli gif nieces and nephews... den u haf to plan how much for driver, make-up artist, ur relative who open the door for your hubby blar blar...

den did u buy a mini bag, for u to carry ur ang bao when u wear your tea gown back hme...

i oso haf 3 pairs of shoes haha but i onli buy 1 pair coz i is a complimentry from my bridal shop and the other is when i ROM buy 1...

how u feel liao at this point of time?

mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

Care to share how much ang pows for those helpers u have mentioned? My mum handles all the ang pows, so i am less worried.. kekeek.. but i also need to know the market rate nowadays cos my brothers all married many years ago and i am the first daughter she is marrying off :p

Mini bag ah? U have one that time? Any importance on the colour I do have one, but black in colour.. kekekekee...

At this point of time? No feelings leh.. kekekee... nothing special lor.. maybe still early?

joanna

halo kk

mi prepared $28 for photographer, make-up artist, driver (if your driver is ur friend denhaf to prepare more lor). den all the ah yi and brothers my mother will give. den my brother who serve mi tea oso haf to gif him red packets... n my MC is my friend so i gave him $68. Actualli i oso dun know the market rate i work within my budget lor...

the mini bag is to buy match with your tea gown 1, when u change ur tea dress den u haf to carry the bag as it look nicer lor. up to you lor coz mii did carry coz my sis oso did mah..

mute

K

kk

Hi Joanna,

Hmm, yah that's roughly how much my mum going to give. $28 for each of them. Driver from bridal shop, so no worry
happy.gif

Wow, MC need to give that much ah? I have two friends for MCs
happy.gif
They are couple
happy.gif
And the girl will be my ah yee for the day too
happy.gif

Hmm, my tea dress may be the kua that u saw in my photos.. like tat difficult to match loi.. kkkee... need to get those beaded red coloured bag then can match
happy.gif

joanna

hi kk

how ur feeling, excited? keke

i give my MC 68.. mayb ur kua u can look for a red high heel shoes lor..

K

kk

Hi Joanna!

Glad to talk to u again. Have been busy with work, so seldom drop by here nowadays.

Oh yah, second half of my ps photos are up. U can go and take a look at http://community.webshots.com/user/kerenelu
happy.gif

Oh yah, me going for food tasting on 17 aug and i have selected my invitation card. Sent for printing liao. Wonder can collect by this weekend or not.

kerenelu

HI Joanna,

I think i am slowly losing sleep.. kekee.. yah, i think more worried over the customary procedures for the day.

I just had my guo da li 2 weekends ago and everything went fine. I have sent out all the invitation cards. So so far so good.

Food tasting is fantastic! The food was great. I took the third menu but upgrade the fish to soon hock and the red bean dessert to yam. The cereal prawns was really heavenly! Hope the restaurant lives up to the same standard on my wedding nite
happy.gif

So what are u busy with recently? U went for honeymoon?

mute

Dear KK

I didnt got for my honeymoon, but i recently went to tioman for my pre honeymoon.... haha is a fantastic place, peacful, slow, remantic. my honeymoon will be next yr, either thailand or hongkong. mi bought a flat (2nd hand)at hougang n will b able to take keys end of this year. bz with work, course (going exam) n my flat...

BTW when is ur wedding date huh? i onli know is OCT. aiya i think normally ppl coming near to wedding day will like that, but for mi haiz, bz like hell. if got time sure zzzz... haha piggy hor. but i realise that mi put on weight after married lei, so u muz be careful.. haha 'kong xi kong xi' ;þ

kerenelu

Hi Joanna!

My wedding date is 26 Oct. Very fast leh, coming soon. Everytime we want to do something, we say there is still time. But when we look closely at the calendar, really not much time left, especially when we are only free on weekends to do the necessary things.. kekekee...

Wahhh, brides after marriage will eat without restraints? kekeke...

Oh, HK is a nice place. We went there in May 2 yrs back. We wanted to go to HK for honeymoon in dec but changed our mind. Since my work schedule allows me to go on long vacation, i might as well choose a place further. So we decide to go australia (melborne) for our honeymoon in early dec. I love australia in particular as i went there before for my graduation tour. Didn't go to melborne that time due to outbreak of flu. So melborne became a must-go for me this time round.. kekekee....

mute

wah so gd can go australia... mi got budget to work on and cant take long holidays so haizzz...

wah realli beri fast lei.. rem to reach there earli n c how they decorate ur place lei.. still rem i told u b4 my name they put on the stage is wrong so those small mistakes they might make, n the lemon solution get them to prepare for u for every table!!! n payment canot be in credit card (i duno got changes anot lar so u juz tell them u will settle in cheque or u go back to pay in cash the next day after you open up all the ang bao). hope to chat with u again in here after ur wedding coz i know u sure no time 1.. hahaha

Byeeee, n all the best to you!!!

Regards
Joanna

kerenelu

Hi Joanna!

Dropped by Qianxi today. Everything is ok. We confirmed the number of tables with Suzanna. We tested our montage and music. Everything is fine. But will bring our laptop along on the actual day as the PC has a low processing speed so my slide transition was like very jerky and not smooth. Sound system is good!

Yah, cannot pay by credit card. We are going to give her a personal cheque on that day perhaps since they accept cheques.

jany

Hi All,

I understand that there is another Qianxi Restaurant at Marina South Super Bowl.

Any comments on the restaurant? Can share with me?

Thank you.

kerenelu

Hi Dearie!

Yah, there is another Qianxi restaurant at marina SOuth and another newly opened one at Paya Lebar recently.

i have past msgs and read before that the branch at marina south is also good. Food wise for qianxi restaurant should be very ok. No worry.

chiart

hi there,
i have also booked qianxi.
just went and select the wedding cards. they have just changed their cards design..quite disappointed cos prefer the ones she show me
do u have any of this problem? please advise

kerenelu

Hi chiart,

Which branch u sign up with? The Farrer park too?

My dinner is this coming Sunday. I selected my card design last month. Everything was fine. They have a whole lot of card designs in the catalog rite? U couldn't find one u like?

I took the one red in colour with the "xi" in front. Open on two sides, tied with a ribbon. We find it very sweet
happy.gif

naturally

Hello kk!!
Sorry to "gatecrash" this thread, but i just realised that my hubby (Ivan) is your hubby's uni classmate!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

We'll be attending your wedding this sun, seeya!
wink.gif

kerenelu

Hi Naturally!!

Really??? Hahaha.. what a coincidence!! I stone for a while wondering what u saying.. kekekekeee... Ur hubby ivan chia rite? me and hubby were discussing previously whether u inviting us to ur wedding dinner in dec?? kekekee....

Hey, i find ur nick familiar. What have we chatted before here? kekee...

naturally

heehee,
yeah, i think we have indeed chatted before, can't remember where though? I know i have to attend a wedding in Qianxi, that's why i kpo peeped into this thread, and somehow i keep thinking the wedding is on 25th...
lame.gif
Then i realised the date shd be 26th when hubby reminded me just now... and hey, isn't that your wedding?! Me was so excited that i emailed my hubby immediately!
lol.gif

Of cos u both are on our guest list!
happy.gif

Looking forward to see u in your mei mei wedding gowns!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

kerenelu

Hi Naturally!!

If i am not wrong, i should have sent u a copy of the excel file with things for guo da li? Heee, my memory very poor actually :p

Ya ya, my hubby say he want to sms ur hubby to make fun of him. Dunno he got sms or not :p

I am leaving soon to my bridal shop now... final gown fit and then bring the gowns, suits and every other things back liao. I have not finalised my tea dress yet. Dunno why still so excited.. kekekekee... must be crazy liao...

See ya! Will pop by the forum tomorrow :)

chiart

hi kk,
i have booked the qianxi at farrer park earlier this year and suzanne show me a long list of wedding cards to choose from.
now she mention she change printer and left with one catalog only..i dun remember seeing the one with xi and a riboon..i thin yours belong to the catalog i prefer cos i know there are quite a few nice design in that book
i prefer the old one she showed me when i first booked the place..so quite disappointed lor
sad.gif

but managed to choose eventually but think not as nice as those she showed me before..wondering if u gals faced the same problem...
congrats on your wedding on 26th oct..
me having on 7th jan, do let me know about it
happy.gif

flowee

flowee's 2 turn 2 'disturb' a bit in here...
wah this world is so small ah...
naturali n kk mei hub's know each other 1 ah...

kk mei

mi koe naturali 2 lei...
she is stayin @ p21 nt far from us... :p
congrates 2 ur forth comin weddin on sun...
smile n hv fun k...

kerenelu

Hi Chiart,

Oh, i know what catalog u referrring to liao. Yah, there is one catalog which i dun really like cos the designs in it are either too traditional or too "christian" kind, more appropriate for church wedding. My card must have been selected from the catalog that u prefer.

She changed printer? Supposed to be TDragon or something like tat previously.

Ok sure, after the wedding will share with u all the photos
happy.gif

naturally

hello kk!
No leh? I didn't asked for any list... My guo da li super simplified, not much to prepare!
happy.gif

My hubby say your hubby is a very nice guy, that u are lucky to marry him... But i think your hubby shd be the lucky one, cos he got himself such a pretty and jovial wife!
happy.gif
Oh u stay in SK like flowee? (hihi flowee!
happy.gif
) When we settled in after the wedding, we must visit one another's house, okie?

Ok flowee, we better dun disturb this thread anymore, heehee!
lol.gif