Prostitutes

Cyndyblue

Sorry this gonna be a lengthy post. I have been with my bf for close to 4 years now and we were even in talks of getting a resale flat, talking about our future etc. Last yr we had a long 2 wks holiday together in october. After coming back to sg for about 1 wk, he went to bkk with his buddy again. Previously i insisted on joining him but he keeps pushing me away saying he's just over there to return his wishes at a temple (还愿) and i have other things to do so i cannot go. We had quarrels over this a few times but eventually i tried to, like he said, give him my trust as he is just going there for holiday and rest.
Okay here's the part, i felt uneasy and i probed into his facebook messenger. I did it a few times last time. I know it's wrong of me but i did it out of curiousity as he chats with girl colleagues quite often. So on the 2nd night of him there, there were notifications of him with another friend so i went to open it. As i read thru the convo it started to get worse and worse. His friend asked him where he went last night and he said soapy massage and soi cowboy (red district). Soapy massage was a foreign term to me so i went to google it, it was a kind of massage whereby prostitutes would glide over the clients' body with soap, which eventually 100% leads to sex. I immediately messaged him and asked he went to get any girls (didn't tell him i saw his fb). He flared up and said why dun i trust him. Said i ruined his holiday even when we are apart and somwthing like "yeah yeah every night 3-4 girls". Seeing how confident ans angry he is, i thought maybe it didnt went to the stage i thought, so i apologised to him for doubting him.
So fast forward this to jan 2017, just when i thought its over, i went into his fb again. I saw a convo with the same friend 2 wks ago and they were talking about thai girls. My bf sent a pic to his friend asking "chio bo?" "Paid 2000baht"
Then i lost it. Throughout the whole 3 years+ i had times where i felt insecure and suspicious of him, but he would sometimes get angry or try to soothe me. I had told him in our quarrel in his 2nd night in bkk, that if he had done anything, if he confessed to him i would try to forgive him. If i found out he had done anything, i would definitely break up with him. I just cannot believe how he could lie his way through all this time and i didnt discover anything.
His family is very good to me and we had so much memories together. I really want to keep this relationship but i dont know how to now i knew about his lies.
Q: How should i approach him about this issue? How could i tell him i found out telling him i probed into his fb? (I know he definitely would hold it against me for hacking into his fb)
Dilemma.. help!!

K. Alethia

I think you will have to ask yourself, if you forgive him, will you forget this event ? will this cause you more doubts in the future ?

miloice

Without even talking about the lies, cheating, and betrayal or the risks of paid sex here.

If you cannot even speak up, is this the kind of relationship you want for a lifetime? Your choice. You will life with its consequences.

buddhabar

My mom ever told me to open both eyes before marriage and shut one eye after marriage
i cant , can you? if you shut one eye now and continue then you are going to live a
blind marriage for the rest of your life. if you cant speak up now, you never will

joysloh

My ex of 5 years whom I thought I was going to marry also went for boys trip to Bkk and had STD ... we broke up after. I would suggest u to think carefully if u wanna reconcile with him.

Tailgail

Sorry this gonna be a lengthy post. I have been with my bf for close to 4 years now and we were even in talks of getting a resale flat, talking about our future etc. Last yr we had a long 2 wks holiday together in october. After coming back to sg for about 1 wk, he went to bkk with his buddy again. Previously i insisted on joining him but he keeps pushing me away saying he's just over there to return his wishes at a temple (还愿) and i have other things to do so i cannot go. We had quarrels over this a few times but eventually i tried to, like he said, give him my trust as he is just going there for holiday and rest.
Okay here's the part, i felt uneasy and i probed into his facebook messenger. I did it a few times last time. I know it's wrong of me but i did it out of curiousity as he chats with girl colleagues quite often. So on the 2nd night of him there, there were notifications of him with another friend so i went to open it. As i read thru the convo it started to get worse and worse. His friend asked him where he went last night and he said soapy massage and soi cowboy (red district). Soapy massage was a foreign term to me so i went to google it, it was a kind of massage whereby prostitutes would glide over the clients' body with soap, which eventually 100% leads to sex. I immediately messaged him and asked he went to get any girls (didn't tell him i saw his fb). He flared up and said why dun i trust him. Said i ruined his holiday even when we are apart and somwthing like "yeah yeah every night 3-4 girls". Seeing how confident ans angry he is, i thought maybe it didnt went to the stage i thought, so i apologised to him for doubting him.
So fast forward this to jan 2017, just when i thought its over, i went into his fb again. I saw a convo with the same friend 2 wks ago and they were talking about thai girls. My bf sent a pic to his friend asking "chio bo?" "Paid 2000baht"
Then i lost it. Throughout the whole 3 years+ i had times where i felt insecure and suspicious of him, but he would sometimes get angry or try to soothe me. I had told him in our quarrel in his 2nd night in bkk, that if he had done anything, if he confessed to him i would try to forgive him. If i found out he had done anything, i would definitely break up with him. I just cannot believe how he could lie his way through all this time and i didnt discover anything.
His family is very good to me and we had so much memories together. I really want to keep this relationship but i dont know how to now i knew about his lies.
Q: How should i approach him about this issue? How could i tell him i found out telling him i probed into his fb? (I know he definitely would hold it against me for hacking into his fb)
Dilemma.. help!!

He has clearly lied to you and cheated on you over the past few years and you are still contemplating over getting back with him? And you actually feel bad about 'prying' into his facebook?

Run while you can please! He is not the least bit remorseful. I'd give him a tight slap for being an arse and leave.

Cyndyblue

He has clearly lied to you and cheated on you over the past few years and you are still contemplating over getting back with him? And you actually feel bad about 'prying' into his facebook?

Run while you can please! He is not the least bit remorseful. I'd give him a tight slap for being an arse and leave.
No he didnt lie for past few yrs.. it happened only around 3 mths ago, and i just found out few days ago

Cyndyblue

Hi gals, i went to confront him yesterday. I was very silly, put together pictures and movie stubs for our whole of 3 yrs into a booklet, and brought it to him. He knew i was very off for these few days and flared out because i didnt want to say what happened to me. I told him to read finish the book and i promised to tell him after.

I told him i will only ask him one last time if he went to play behind my back. He kept quiet, so i knew i got my answer.

I already brought things he bought for me since we first started dating over from my house, i was prepared to return them to him. I asked him if he still wants to play around, then apparently he does not want to settle down. He said he was serious about marrying me, thats why he worked very hard in his job recently (i could see that). I told him to think carefully whether he is prepared that that was the last time he played. Then i told him, it was a very tough decision for me and i was making a very big bet on him. For now, he made promise not to go overseas with his buddies anymore.

So.. we are back together. But i told him i will need time to recover, to forgive and forget, and he should feel very guilty as he should be able to see how much hurt I'm getting after his moments of folly.

And i requested for a HIV test from him (we didnt do it since he returned) just in case, and he went to do it immediately.

I know "once a cheater, always a cheater" too. And even till the end he did not say how many ppl he did it with and with who. But i don't think i have use for knowing that now. Hope this will be the only time and last time for such things. I will not rush in marriage with him so fast as well, i still don't know if i am able to trust him again. Only time now can heal wounds and show the truth.

I ask for blessings from all of you. Thanks for listening to my rant.

joannewoo

Hi Cyndyblue,

I admire your courage in trying to reconcile. Just wanted to make sure you are aware that the window period for HIV differs, depending on the test kit.

You can check out this website for more information: http://afa.org.sg/whatwedo/support/mts/moreinfo-mts/

Take care and hope things work out for you.

Hi gals, i went to confront him yesterday. I was very silly, put together pictures and movie stubs for our whole of 3 yrs into a booklet, and brought it to him. He knew i was very off for these few days and flared out because i didnt want to say what happened to me. I told him to read finish the book and i promised to tell him after.

I told him i will only ask him one last time if he went to play behind my back. He kept quiet, so i knew i got my answer.

I already brought things he bought for me since we first started dating over from my house, i was prepared to return them to him. I asked him if he still wants to play around, then apparently he does not want to settle down. He said he was serious about marrying me, thats why he worked very hard in his job recently (i could see that). I told him to think carefully whether he is prepared that that was the last time he played. Then i told him, it was a very tough decision for me and i was making a very big bet on him. For now, he made promise not to go overseas with his buddies anymore.

So.. we are back together. But i told him i will need time to recover, to forgive and forget, and he should feel very guilty as he should be able to see how much hurt I'm getting after his moments of folly.

And i requested for a HIV test from him (we didnt do it since he returned) just in case, and he went to do it immediately.

I know "once a cheater, always a cheater" too. And even till the end he did not say how many ppl he did it with and with who. But i don't think i have use for knowing that now. Hope this will be the only time and last time for such things. I will not rush in marriage with him so fast as well, i still don't know if i am able to trust him again. Only time now can heal wounds and show the truth.

Roxie88

Hi cyndyblue,

I agree with joannewoo; its so brave of you to still reconcile with him. The issues of prostitutes and casual sex are so touchy. Admire your courage to give him a chance, but do protect yourself, if you know what i mean. You will never know if he will do it again and expose you to the risk of diseases.

Wish you all the best.

Hi Cyndyblue,

I admire your courage in trying to reconcile. Just wanted to make sure you are aware that the window period for HIV differs, depending on the test kit.

You can check out this website for more information: http://afa.org.sg/whatwedo/support/mts/moreinfo-mts/

Carousell

Hi, I understand your sadness to give up a relationship. But to be honest, before marriage go stray still use anger to stop you from checking on him, tells me something about your bf. I highly doubt he can withstand the challenges that comes with marriage. Usually people take people for granted esp after marriage. I don't have confidence he will stop commercial sex forever. But since you say you not in a hurry to go for marriage, good for you. Use these few years to check on him, don't forget he might be more careful to hide in future. Perhaps months before you decide to marry him, hire PI to follow him. It is better to leave a harmful relationship than to make innocent kids suffer in future.

white_open_water

@Cyndyblue, very composed and rational actions you took. As a guy, I feel if guilt is the only reason for not doing it again, it's a leash waiting to be snapped. I hope he can find other motivation or have a more wholesome mindset to deal with it.

Anyway, I hope the test comes out negative. I am not sure if such tests cover just HIV or beyond that, please also test for other STDs.

All the best and stay strong and happy. ;)

Carousell

Hi Cyndyblue,

Hi Joannewoo, can I check with you. My hubby last encounter with pros was 8 Feb 2016, he went for testing around 10 to 13 march 2016. It was after 28 days of exposure but somehow the doctor didn't recommend to get second testing but from the link you provided, seems like it was written second confirmation testing (90 days after exposure) is recommended even after the first testing returns as negative. Now I am a bit paranoid. Should I ask him to go test again?

joannewoo

Hi Carousell, I'm no expert in this but what I do know is the surest way to confirm an infection is after 90 days so it means that if a person who tests negative after 90 days, it is confirmed that he/she does not have an infection. Usually doctors will advise patients whether a retest is necessary based on the risk profile of the patient and source. So, if the doctor did not recommend a second test, then you shouldn't be too worried. I'm sure the doctor is the best person to trust on this matter.

newproject

Sigh. Looking at your past post history.

Seems like your gut was right.

What does your gut say about him keeping his promise?

Wishing you the best!

Carousell

Hi Carousell, I'm no expert in this but what I do know is the surest way to confirm an infection is after 90 days so it means that if a person who tests negative after 90 days, it is confirmed that he/she does not have an infection. Usually doctors will advise patients whether a retest is necessary based on the risk profile of the patient and source. So, if the doctor did not recommend a second test, then you shouldn't be too worried. I'm sure the doctor is the best person to trust on this matter.
Hi thank you for your post. Hmm ok, I Guess I just have to believe the doctor then. My hubby went for the check himself so I don't know what the doctor told him but the report came back negative on hiv and positive for urea plasma. Subsequently both of us took the antibiotic for urea plasma (although I didn't go for checkup to be diagnosed but I just take the antibiotic for peace of mind). And his second checkup I went with him, I decided to go for full checkup, the result is all negative. His case the second check revealed urea plasma cleared. Thanks again for your input

jkwedding308

Hi thank you for your post. Hmm ok, I Guess I just have to believe the doctor then. My hubby went for the check himself so I don't know what the doctor told him but the report came back negative on hiv and positive for urea plasma. Subsequently both of us took the antibiotic for urea plasma (although I didn't go for checkup to be diagnosed but I just take the antibiotic for peace of mind). And his second checkup I went with him, I decided to go for full checkup, the result is all negative. His case the second check revealed urea plasma cleared. Thanks again for your input

Joannewoo isn't wrong in what she mentioned earlier. Essentially HIV infections can have a 90-day window period i.e. the incubation period can last till 90 days. So a person who is infected with HIV can still potentially test negative within the first 90 days of infection and then get a positive result on retesting later on. Like you said, you're not sure what your hubby told the doctor and vice versa as you didn't accompany your hubby during the consultation. If the doctor truly did tell him that he did not require a retesting, the doctor likely believed that your hubby is of a lower risk category (maybe coz your hubby told the doctor that he did not have unprotected sex e.g. wore condom?). That said, if you're really concerned about it, you can talk it with your hubby and get both yourselves retested. Or you can just retest yourself alone - it's been more than a year since his pros encounter: your retest result should technically stay negative if you're both HIV-free... Just my two cents worth from a medical perspective...

jkwedding308

Take courage and I'll be keeping you in my prayers... Forgiveness and reconciliation after cheating is indeed possible from what I've seen in real life before... That said, always keep all your senses open and for your sake, I hope he stays true to you... All the best!

Carousell

Joannewoo isn't wrong in what she mentioned earlier. Essentially HIV infections can have a 90-day window period i.e. the incubation period can last till 90 days. So a person who is infected with HIV can still potentially test negative within the first 90 days of infection and then get a positive result on retesting later on. Like you said, you're not sure what your hubby told the doctor and vice versa as you didn't accompany your hubby during the consultation. If the doctor truly did tell him that he did not require a retesting, the doctor likely believed that your hubby is of a lower risk category (maybe coz your hubby told the doctor that he did not have unprotected sex e.g. wore condom?). That said, if you're really concerned about it, you can talk it with your hubby and get both yourselves retested. Or you can just retest yourself alone - it's been more than a year since his pros encounter: your retest result should technically stay negative if you're both HIV-free... Just my two cents worth from a medical perspective...
Hi appreciate and thank you for your time in answering my queries :)

Carousell

Take courage and I'll be keeping you in my prayers... Forgiveness and reconciliation after cheating is indeed possible from what I've seen in real life before... That said, always keep all your senses open and for your sake, I hope he stays true to you... All the best!
Hi,

You mentioned that you've seen forgiveness and reconciliation after cheating in real life? Are there many such cases and are there cases which is the same as ours? Meaning cheating with prostitutes? Been trying to find some positive outcome cases to encourage myself but most people who come here are people who has negative outcomes, not many people mentioned that their marriage thrived after forgiveness and reconciliation :(

jkwedding308

Hi,

You mentioned that you've seen forgiveness and reconciliation after cheating in real life? Are there many such cases and are there cases which is the same as ours? Meaning cheating with prostitutes? Been trying to find some positive outcome cases to encourage myself but most people who come here are people who has negative outcomes, not many people mentioned that their marriage thrived after forgiveness and reconciliation :(

It's only a couple of cases that I personally know of and yes, this is cheating with prostitutes... But these cases that thrived would need both parties to play their roles - the husband who truly repents and the wife who truly forgives.. No point for wife to want to forgive when the husband doesn't repent at all - how do you forgive someone who isn't even asking for forgiveness? Yes, not many write about their marriage thriving after forgiveness and reconciliation in this forum but that doesn't mean that it's not happening out there...

Carousell

It's only a couple of cases that I personally know of and yes, this is cheating with prostitutes... But these cases that thrived would need both parties to play their roles - the husband who truly repents and the wife who truly forgives.. No point for wife to want to forgive when the husband doesn't repent at all - how do you forgive someone who isn't even asking for forgiveness? Yes, not many write about their marriage thriving after forgiveness and reconciliation in this forum but that doesn't mean that it's not happening out there...

Hi, thank you very much for this reply. It's heartening to know that there are cases of cheating with prostitutes but doesn't lead to divorce and thrived after that. Yes I understand what you mean. When I ask, I m referring to marriages that thrive, meaning the cheater is truly repentent and the cheated is working on forgiveness. Not referring to one party working on the marriage only because it won't thrive that way. I just wish there are more people who could share in forums, some positive outcomes so as to encourage people like us. It's easy to find problems here but not easy to find cases of sunshine after the rain. Btw, are you a doctor or counsellor or you happen to come across people around you who survive their marriage after adultery?

jkwedding308

Hi, thank you very much for this reply. It's heartening to know that there are cases of cheating with prostitutes but doesn't lead to divorce and thrived after that. Yes I understand what you mean. When I ask, I m referring to marriages that thrive, meaning the cheater is truly repentent and the cheated is working on forgiveness. Not referring to one party working on the marriage only because it won't thrive that way. I just wish there are more people who could share in forums, some positive outcomes so as to encourage people like us. It's easy to find problems here but not easy to find cases of sunshine after the rain. Btw, are you a doctor or counsellor or you happen to come across people around you who survive their marriage after adultery?

In reply to your last question, it's a "yes" to all 3 guesses... I'm a doctor but I also "counsel" friends who ask for advice (informal counsellor la haha) and I do also come across people from around me whose marriages thrive after adultery... ;)