Plaza Parkroyal (Beach Road) --- Solemnization

over_the_moon

Hi hi...
I have not been to this thread for very long...

Same thing happen to me.. First it was Kris den Stalwart and now changed to Mey.
Personally I think Mey is good.
More pro-active den Stalwart.

My ROM is next Friday.
Mey has made the necessary arrangement for us.

Now I only pray for good weather and overall will turn out well
happy.gif

Maybe you can try asking for Mey Goh to be your coordinator instead?

verigracia

Hi all,

You sure that Shalica has left Plaza Park Royal.Cos i last receive an e-mail from her in 23th May with regard to my wedding banquets.
What happen??

joannee

Ya, she called me personally tat she left PPR... I ask her y, she say she got another opportunity... (i tink is better offer)

Pauline nt friendly? *faint* tot she is the "sales manager"?

joannee

Hey Jonas, u took up the package from Mr & Miss Wedding too?? coz i saw ur postings there... i oso juz sign up leh... I took the bridal package without the ROM... coz ROM ting i took up separately from alof of places... Hehe....

But seems like Mr & Miss Wedding alot of bad comments... Very scarry...

rjwedding

Congrats Over_The_Moon.. Don't worry too much, everything will be fine for you... u will be a beautiful bride!!

So good that ur co-ordinator did call u again.. for mine, I got to call them and check with them over n over again..

babymiki2003

mey goh is man or woman??? hahha...

sorry ah...i think im very rude but the changing of co-or is making me very irritated and i dun dare to tell my HTB that they change co-or.

joanne: pauline is the 'rude' and inflexible manager. i guess she;s the reason for the high turn over. my 1st co-or mentioned to me before she's a very difficult person.

rayne

Hi, I'm having my ROM there on 16 June. Shalica attended to us at first but she called us a week ago to inform us that she'll be leaving and our event will be handled by Pauline. But my fiance, who called Pauline to arrange a meet-up, said that she got a bit of attitude problem. Then in the end, our event was handed over to Mey. Meeting her next Saturday to finalise the details.

So suay....why of all times shalica chose to leave nw?? Haiz....so stressed leh....last min change coordinator...actually shalica was quite good, very flexible...now just worried that the verbal agreements still valid or not...stressed....

lara

woo rayne,mine is juz a day after urs 17 jun.

my bf oso said that pauline got AP. she has our contract n menu but when she sent us the confirmation so many things were wrong. im kinda worried wat will happen on tat day too

rayne

Ya last min change coordinator is always not a good thing...we were rather comfortable with Shalica but now kinda stressed about the actual day events. Hope Mey is good lor...

Wow Lara, we are just one day apart. U are having lunch too?

kiwibery

Hi Rayne!
I'm having my ROM (church ceremony) there on the 16th too! Are u using the pavilion as well?

Hope it doesn't rain.

Btw, the construction next to the pavilion is really an eye sore =(

rayne

Hihi, yup I'm using the pavilion too! Mine is lunch
happy.gif

Pray that it doesn't rain too....i didn't know that there's a construction going on there...oh dear, the view must be distorted liao...

lara

the construction is right next to the pavilion?? oh no.. i was there last wed.. should haf gone up to take a look

kiwibery

yup Lara, the construction is on the right side of the pavilion =( don't think it will be gone any time soon.
Rayne, are u employing June Florist to do up the pavilion?

over_the_moon

Hi hi...

Mey Goh is a lady. She is also good and flexible. Not to worry.
Though she tend to speak very fast but think that is her natural tone so some may feel that she is trying to push her job away. Cos that was how i feel initially but later realised that she is a good and flexible coordinator
happy.gif

So excited about this Friday! Just went to ROM to verify all documents this morning and receive my marriage cert
happy.gif

I will keep you all updated with the services and pictures
happy.gif

rayne

Hi Over the moon, congrats in advance!!! =)

kiwiberry, yup i'm employing june florist to do up the deco. But ours will be very minimal cos didn't want to spend too much on that cos the event will last like....15mins?!?! heart pain...

kiwibery

Rayne,
How much does it cost to do up the deco? I'm getting my friend to help me.... am wondering how much that nice curtains cost... did u ask?

princesspig84

Hi Joanne.. Yap.. IM from Mr & miss ehz.. haa.. many bad comments ya. mine is whole package frm em lor.. But I have take up dinner one.. Will be taking others like sophia.. only taking Photo session.. with MM.

I tink Im ok with their service and.. they dun seems tat bad larz. Dun worry ok? We c how it goes..

how much u paying? whole amt? I paid 40%.

Just a suggestion to those who wanna do the pavilion with deco..
I tink it's not a must la.. cos.. its just a while only! IF wanna do, do at ur ballroom though I tink the atmosphere is veri right liao.. hee.. can take disc and play ur own song! At pavilion there and the ballroom there@!

Romantic can! Hee.. unforgettable one for me!

Good luck to those who is holding there! Shld not be a pro! Must noe who is the FINAL person to take charge of ur event!

rayne

Hi kiwiberry, my total cost is $300...includes the curtains....i have 2 flower stands and duno what forgot liao...hehe...agree that it's only for a while...maybe 15min nia?!? So didn't intend to spend so much on the deco...$300 already quite heartpain...

joannee

Hi kiwibery, i dun tink u can ask ur fren 2 do it for u coz they can oni let authorized florist to do the decoration. This is because, last time they have a bad experience of florist damaging their properties and after tat they oni let june florist do the deco. So u take note ya. Maybe u muz double check wif the one in charge. To avoid any last min disappointment.

Just to update u gers, i when down to PPR 2dae and the construction is still affecting the pavilion view. For those taking the Marina/Victoria room like me, the full window which can see through to the outside view of the pavilion is blocked by the green construction partially. Veri unsightly. Dun tink it will finish so fast. U gers have to pray hard.

For this part, i tink PPR should compensate us. We choose their hotel/pavilion becoz itz beautiful n we wana hav a beautiful wedding. This scene is simply unacceptable. I will demand a compensation if the construction is still on my wedding day.

SO sad...

Jonas, i paid full for the M&M wedding package. $2888 in 12 mths interest free instalment using UOB credit card! regret my choice coz i tink their gown not much choices...

Everyting seem 2 b bad sia... Hopefully there will b miracles...

lara

i think pauline's service really sucks. im pretty angry with them n now there's this construction work?? they should warn us when we sign the contract!!

joannee

Yupz, i tink we should be compensated! The construction site realli veri ugly... Haiz...

Lara, wat did Pauline do???

rayne

My coordinator has been changed to Mey Goh...she's quite nice overall....very accomodating too...of course some of the verbal agreements between us and Shalica cannot stand now...haiz...shd have known better than to rely on verbal..

I guess construction work cannot be helped cos there are bound to be weddings every other day, i dun suppose they can shelve off the project too...look on the bright side gals, at least when you take photos of the pavilion, you can see the ferris wheel...the view is quite nice... =)

babymiki2003

can see the ferris wheel? at least some 'compensation'. i drove past PPR last weekend. the construction will be there for quite some time at least...sianz

this PPR is very stupid, they shd construct an artificial backdrop/wall at the pavillion to cover up the construction.

when it's my turn, i think will have to ask the photographer to shoot from one angle only.

lara

she is very unresponsive, email n sms oso never reply, when i finally got thru to her she mumbled something n said she will call me back but never did until i sms-ed her again. i feel there's no proper follow-up too.

joannee

Hi Lara, u having ur ROM 2dae? Hope everyting turns out well...

Yesterday i met Elsie for the run-thru of event... She seems quite gd... She told me she will ask the maintenance to speed up the process of the construction by my ROM date. She say she noe alot of pple will complain. So she oso dun wan us to have an ugly wedding... Hopefully wat she say is thru. My FH say to her that if the construction is nt over on our ROM, we wana get compensated. Hehe... AT LEAST GIVE DISCOUNT!!!!!!

Rayne: Lucky i got some "black and white" of Shalica's email... But Elsie take my words leh. SHe didnt ask to c the email. So i wana ask all the gers, wat ever the co-ordinator agreed of some issues, remember 2 ask them to email u. Juz in case they change co-ordinator agn, it will have a "black n white".

Btw, i request Elsie to give me a discount on their St. Gregory Spa package for us... She say she will feedback to me on Monday... Maybe u all can request oso?

joannee

Oh ya, btw, behind the pavilion realli can c the ferris wheel clearly... Hehe... Nice view...

Let's all pray the construction will be over asap ba! *pray*

princesspig84

Sob sob..lara.. hope urs turn out ok can?? Hmm.. PRH food is really nice ( if U all eaten the food @ the cafe)so.. its actually the changing of PIC makes it like so... luan...

Haha babymiki2003, Welcome!
happy.gif

Y wanna reno now ar?? which part is renovating?? Hmm.. nv been there since my ROM le..

Dun noe got post this pic b4 here a not..just wanna share with U all

Here is the pavilion with the Wheel behind.
494178.jpg
Didnt notice much untill I saw the pic!

Many parts of the place can take pic! Pardon of the resolution ya... have to shrink.. then.. also my.. expression la.. Im not a good model.. T_T

494179.jpg

Love this loads!
494180.jpg

rayne

Hihi...i'm back from my ROM and hotel stay! Everything went smoothly though it was drizzling the whole morning...luckily the rain stopped just minutes before our wedding...they had to chop chop set up the chairs...but due to the wet floor, they couldn't put the red carpet...but overall, the hotel staff were great and helpful, Mey also came down to make sure everything is ok...all of them helped to make my ROM a memorable one..the buffet spread was delicious so was the complimentary breakfast the next morning at Plaza Brasserie...hehe...couldn't believe that after so many months of preparation, it was over....and i still cannot believe that i'm married....:p

princesspig84

hey Rayne Goh (rayne)! Hee...
nice right? esp the good.. oH! Im still tinking abt it.. hehe.next time can go eat again.

Thk god that it's a good and memorable one. Same goes to mine
happy.gif
Hope all of u all also will be as good as ours!

THks Joanne, im sure yours will turn out good too de!
happy.gif

rayne

Ya I still couldn't believe it was over in just minutes! To think we prepared the arrangements and hv stressed for so many months! We did engage June Florist to do up the pavilion and they did a pretty good job too!

Yes my parents and in laws and friends were praising the food from the buffet spread! Till now, I am still in the dreamy stage and I do replay the process over and over in my mind cos dun wana forget it so fast! :p

The most memorable thing for me was when our song was played and the door was opened for our march in...it would have been perfect if there was the red carpet....but still, everything is so fairytale like! =D

lara

hi all im back too! my rom was yesterday.. it was also raining in the morning n stopped at abt 11am. we nearly had to hold the ceremony in the function room.. but we decided to take the risk n it started drizzling again after the ceremony.

my dearest coordinator Pauline did not show face at all.. only called me at 11.28am when the ceremony is supposed to start at 11.30am, which bride in the right mind will b holding her hp at that point in time?

on sat night she called me to say tat we can check in at 9am the following morning but when we reached the reception, the lady told us their records showed c/in at 10am -_-|||.

overall im not very pleased with parkroyal. am wondering if we shld complain, esp abt the construction works.
oh yah. they played the wrong march-in music too tho i dunno whose fault was it.

rayne

Hey Lara, I think I saw you that day...hehe...my and my hubby were taking a stroll at the poolside and when we were about to walk back, if im not wrong, you were holding your ROM dress...hehe...

It was drizzling the whole day on our ROm too...we also took the risk and luckily the rain stopped in the nick of time...too bad no red carpet

Mey also only showed face when our ceremony was about to begin...but it was ok since the person in charge of the event is not her...think you should feedback to them about Pauline lah...not right for her to do that leh...imagine bride to be on that day already so gan chiong then some more she nvr gave correct instructions...

joannee

Hi Lara,

is Pauline a plump plump woman... coz i tink i saw her when i meet Elsie for the run-thru of event last week.

The wrong music cannot be forgiven... i tink it muz hav upset u alot...

lara

Hi Rayne, where did u see me? coz i had 2 frens who were helping me so they might be the ones holding my rom dress hehe..

yah.. i gave the feedback on the form they gave us after the event but i haf a feeling it will end up in the rubbish bin.

Joanne, i am telling myself not to be too upset abt the music thingy else i would have been a super sour faced bride haha..

princesspig84

lara!!! Shld voice out and maybe write email???
Sob..the music wrong ar?? Wa.. last min then call you up and say abt what? But the food is great right? that's the best part I guess.. and the atmosphere ba.

I tink it's the change or co ordinator.. during my March ROM is kris halfway.. then starlwet then ..( i wan shelica to come into our story)
so.. each person noe my needs and Im veri naggy..
so all like veri luan??

joannee

Ya... the co-ordinator kips changing... veri scarry...

i still haven choose my march-in song.... can any1 share wat song is nice? hehe...

lara

nope, but they gave us a 20% voucher when we checked in

we went to Spa Sauvignon at Arab St opposite the hotel coz there was a UOB promo.. $218 for a couple incl hydrobath, scrub n massage

lara

i wasn't too impressed with it. took abt 2 hrs. im not sure will the promo be still on during ur rom.. u can call n check?