Plaza Hotel at Beach Road

pauline

Hi, I'm holding my wedding banquet next yr. Any suggestions for the venue cos I got a budget-that is not more than $600nett. BTW, is Plaza hotel gd?
So far, have u gals come accross any unhappy encounters? Hope to get some feedbacks before making decisions. Thanks!

lily

Thinking of signing up with the above hotel for my wedding dinner. Any comment on their services and food?

linda

Hi Hi,

I discovered this thru a magazine. Plaza Hotel weekday prices is $498nett - $540nett (free flow of beer above 20 tables). I already booked with MM and Plaza can'rt accomodate my tables. But I thought Plaza is a good deal so like to share it with all those who love to have their banquet at a hotel but are on budget.
The set up is pretty nice and other than the location, the place is pretty good according to one of my friend. And the menu sure looks good too.
I have the menu for 2002. If interested and dun wanna call Plaza direct, can email me for it.
happy.gif
I very KPO one....If you call, look for Desmond, friendly chap who efficiently sent me the menu with 5 min after my call via email.

hwee

For those who are interested, my friend who sign up with Plaza Hotel pay the wedding weekday rate for her wedding dinner held on a Friday too.

meimei

Hi all,

I intend to book the banquet from Plaza Hotel next year! Just wondering whether anyone here book or attend any wedding there this year?

Is their food and service good??

Appreciate your comments.

Thank You!

angph38

went to a fren's wedding last Sat at the restaurant. service not too bad. change the plates pretty prompt after dishes like prawns (very fresh & many) and fish...

however, some dishes were very saltish. esp the ee-fu noodle. also, they put too much dark soy sauce in the shark fins. u might wanna highlight to them.

angph38

juz to add. they hving a bridal show next Sat, 20 Oct. think got 7 course food tasting included. u might wanna sign up then go try the food.

meimei

Thanks angph38!

Will take note of tat! Me still thinking whether to go or not! will discuss with hubby tonite!

Do u mind telling me where u hold your banquet?

Me budget quite tight cos spent too much on bridal and house reno liao! Tats Y thinking to hold at plaza hotel!

I

idah

Hi Mei Mei

when r u holding yr wedding.... as i have a colleague who is holding her wedding this year (28 Dec) at Plaza Hotel.... maybe could give u some comments after attending the dinner...

cheerzzz

idah

meimei

Thanks Idah!

Me have not decide on the date yet! Most likely, will be next year June/July/August!! Still not sure leh!

Me jus collect my keys last month! now very busy sourcing for reno contractor!

Wat about u Idah?? When's yours??

Tats great! will be appreciate if u can inform me about the outcome of your friends wedding on dec!Your friend holds on weekday or weekends???

meimei

Hi meimei,
Guess we are using the same nickname. Could u maybe change it to meimei(2) so that don't get confused. Thanks. Happy venue sourcing.

angph38

hi meimei,
we still hvn't book banquet. we oso got very tight budget, cos prob gotta hv another one at Seremban (KL) cos bf relatives all there, and we intend to get resale flat...

i was thinking of Copthorne Orchid (Charming Garden) at Dunearn Rd. It's under Tunglok Grp and dishes quite special (1 of the dish is pigeon) and price is definitely cool. they fax me a quotation for 2001 whh is $388 & $428 if i remember correctly. If u wan the ballroom, then it's the $428 menu at price of $448. Hopefully next yr they dun increase price.

we hvn't gone to check out the place yet cos bf still in japan. prob will go recky tis wkend, if bf not too tired, then will let u noe if u interested.

btw, how many tables u looking at? i think Charming Gdn take abt 22 and ballroom max 25.

meimei

Hi angph38,

Me intend to hold at least 30-33 tables. At first, I want2 hold at Imperial Sharksfin resturant at Grassroot club! Its under GimTim group and the food are wonderful! The price range ard $400.00 to $550.00! The menu for $400.00 is good enuf for presentation liao!

Actually, me dun mind the location for banquet! Its my hubby thats mind lor...he wants it to be in town area and hopefully in a hotel ballroom! But, go where find so cheap one!!! The only hotel we can source is plaza hotel lor! The Friday menu is classified under weekday price leh! Range from $498 to $540. Moreover, free flow beer leh!

You intend to get resales at which area??

I

idah

Hi Mei Mei....

my colleague's wedding dinner is on Friday... as wat u said it is classified under weekday price... hey, u juz got yr keys.. me 2... i juz got my keys on Mon.... mine is a new flat... wat about yrs... a new one or resale one..... me also looking for renovator... but somehow already decided which one to take but still sourcing from the others.... but not going to renovate now as we are thinking of renovating only next year...
maybe we can share some info on this.....

my wedding is going to be in Sept 2002 and i have already booked at Sheraton Towers.... yah tell me about it.... finding a wedding banquet is not easy.... but luckily managed to find one..... i think u better start searching fast as i heard that most of the hotels are fully booked (if u are looking for one) for next year.... i don't know... it seems next year is a good year to get married....

cheerrzzz

idah

angph38

meimei,

funny, how come yesterday i can't view but idah can?

anyway, we intend to get Bt Batok. got additional $10K grant if near parents mah. but prob won't start looking till jan/feb since planning ROM to be bet mar-may.

30-33 tables at hotel ballroom at town area, this is a difficult one. prob only the bigger hotels can accom. but then price oso higher.

oh, did u try Grand Plaza Parkroyal, at City Hall? very convenient. their ballroom can accom 30+ tables. food is good (bf attended b4). price i think abt 600+ lor. but u gotta bk early cos they only got 1 ballroom, so at 1 time only 1 couple. but they dun hv free flow beer lah. attended their bridal fair abt a mth back n got some brochures. think they hv 15% on total bill (for mon-thur pkg) if bk b4 31 Dec. i considering oso, but not ballrm cos too big for us. looking at the restaurant. if u need further info, can email me, tis mail getting too long. :p

oh, i'll hv another chance to try Plaza's food end of nov. my bro's fren (also family fren lah) holding his wedding there, tis time is ballrm, so i can compare. hopefully food is better this time.

P

palmolive

Gorgeous Banyan Resort Style Pool! Coz i go there to swim all the time! (Plaza @ Beach Rd) I hv seen their pool side reception, very nice if the weather permits... just a thought for the brides.

meimei

Halo Idah & angph38!

Mine is a new flat at woodlands (admiralty stn)! Its a 5room D&B but small floor area 114m3 only!

Very kolian master bedroom and kitchen! but, consider convenient cos abt 10 mins walking distance to MRT! Me and hubby no $$$ buy car and we dun have intention to own one! Too expensive to own a car in Singapore liao! hahahaha :D
Where's your new flat idah? At sengkang or woodlands??

Wah..idah! Sheraton Tower very Ex rite? me dun even dare to dream to hold wedding there leh! So happy for you!

I think I will most likely go to the fortune teller this Saturday to look for our dates liao! So scared no more resturant or ballroom for us!!!

meimei

Hi Palmolive!

Poolside reception? Cannot imagine leh! Is it near the ballroom?? or are u refering to poolside buffet dinner???

Me very curious!

heeheehee
happy.gif

char

Hi meimei,

u may want to consider River View Hotel,
price range from $498 to $600 nett !
and same price for use of ballroom and restaurant.
ballroom can take up to 35 tables...

We have booked with them....quite good service...
food dunno leh...hehee

actually that time we were contemplating between plaza hotel and River View....but husband prefer River View....moreover River View just newly renovated, look quite nice from outside...

-char-

meimei

Hi Char!

Sounds Good! Do u still have the quote/menu of Riverview?? It's at Havelock Road rite?
Any freeflow beer and seat cover?

When's your big day???

cheers
happy.gif

cheer

hi meimei,
see u r very active in this thread
happy.gif

me come in n kpo oso
so... u will b staying in woodlands, quite near my new place... mine is in Bt Panjang.
hey i think 114m3 is considered standard la... mine onli 110m3 leh, even smaller u see
sad.gif

at least ur's is near MRT, u are really a lot luckier then us... coz we have to suffer all the disadvantages of LRT...(we also can't afford a car right now...sigh)

so have u visited Flamingo already?

I

idah

hi meimei...

my new flat is at Jurong West... 111m3 only... small and cozy... trying to comfort myself... near MRT.. quite convenient.

Sheraton Towers's price quite ok lah... love the ambience, juz so romantic lah.... have u been there....

i think u better start getting yr dates fast as i heard that many hotels are quite fully booked till next year Sept... as it looks like next year is a gd year to get married... let me know which place u finally decided ok...

cheerrzzz

idah

meimei

Hi Idah!

How come our thread come here huh??? Kekeke...me have been searching for our thread leh! I have never been to Sheraton but I saw from those bridal magazine and its oreadi very nice liao!

Ohh...your love nest at Jurong West huh! Is it near Jurong Point?? Me like tat area leh! kekeke...cos me working in Tuas area! But, hubby said too far liao! So, we apply north zone lor!

Hi Cheer!

Me didnt book bridal package from Flamingo leh!
I think your are refering to another meimei from the other thread! hahaha....too many meimei around liao! Swee mah rite? But, me no swee leh! Should change username liao lah!!

Kekeke....anyway, its always better to have more ppl here rite?

cheer

hi meimei,

paiseh... heee..wrong number :p
thanks for the clarification, lucky i din post many messages...sorry
happy.gif

meimei

Hi cheers,

its okie! dun need to feel pai sei lah!

Just coincidence to have the same user name!

Your love nest at bukit panjang?? Is it the very very tall building one??? I think the exterior design very nice lor! Hmm...for LRT...i think its better to leave your house 15 minutes earlier cos my friend told me morning very very crowded one!

Touch wood, if there's any technical fault, u still got time to take a cab to work! But, wallet a big hole lah! Where u working????

My house have to walk at least 10 minutes to MRT stn lor! but, tat depends what shoe I wear lah! If wear heels, maybe need 15 minutes liao! kekeke....

cheer

hi meimei,

thanks
happy.gif

i think the very tall ones u refering to are near a secondary school right? those are premium flats, sadly they were not in for our quater... so cannot choose.
mine is very near KJE, loooks quite nice on the exterior though, its Design n Built.
my FH hopping to get a car when we shift in but due to Osama's terrorist acts, his increments n bonus r frozen so we have to shelf plans liao
sad.gif

so for the moment have to rely on LRT n bus 190 liao... wow think i sure will have a bad time... minus 15 mins of sleep each morning... sobz my work place in Suntec office towers... very far away...
ya if take taxi the pocket sure got big big hole :p

wah with heels u can make it 5 mins more, i think i need double the time heeeee, i really cannot walk on heels ... feel like moving on stilts heeee

how about u... where do u work?
have u started ur reno liao? i juz started mine...
its really a headache manz... lots of little details to take note of....
especially the cost, really need to control very tightly..

meimei

Halo cheer!

Me work in Tuas area (Jurong) and presently stays with parents in YewTee (choa Chu Kang)! So transport to work still ok lah! Nextime move to Admiralty sure have to wake up hald an hour ealier one! Bobian leh!
sad.gif

My reno not started yet! Still sourcing for quotes! Which contractor did u engage? Can Share? Maybe u want2 share your views under Home and Decor Thread! Me & some kakis chat in the "Admiralty blk 68X..."! Not very nice to talk about personal things in this thread leh! kekeke...

I

idah

hi meimei...

so how have u booked yr venue.... let me know ok... have u chose yr bridal boutique... for me i have chose Santiago... my boyfriend loves the night scene photos.... wow!!! so nice...

hi cheer...
u have started renovating... which co did u choose... i am also looking out...maybe u can share some information with me..... i am only going to start renovating early next year.... heard dat u r working in Suntec.... quite near me... as i am working in Raffles Place....

cheerrrzzz

idah

meimei

hALO iDAH!

We are now chatting in another thread "Home & Decor" - Admiralty blk 68X series!" Maybe, we can continue chat there cos this thread is more for Plaza Hotel....heeheehee...

See u there!

Cheers

char

Hi meimei,

sorry for not replying...hv not logged in for a long long time cos nowadays very busy.....

Yup River view is @ havelock road, beside Grand copthorne hotel....
During the time when I enquired, they just lower the price from $518 to $498 nett.
So after lowering, they remove the free seat covers, and only gave complimentary 30 litre beer.

for us, seat covers not impt lar, so we took this package.

Actually in terms of location, I feel River View is more convenient then Plaza...it's only 5mins from outram mrt....

disadvantage is that the ballroom has 2 small pillars, and the reception area is quite small. But the shape of the ballroom is quite ok lar...

M

meow meow

Hi Enid,
I went to several hotel last weekends to check on their wedding package, i.e. the the River View, Royal Park, Novotel, Concorde & Allson. Intend to hold my wedding next September. Anyone, can tell me anything about these hotels. For Royal Park, I waited for 15 minutes before I was attended to and it was a brief 10 minutes of information. River View's capacity makes me have difficulty deciding on my attendance. Novotel's wedding show took place last week but more on the Malay theme alike decor. Concorde food will be cooked by their Restaurant and that the lady meeting us, wedding consultant, actually works on all weekends and evening. Also, on Sunday when I met her, I actually didn't see the ballroom with the wedding layout for they are renovating their ballroom now. They are also planning bridal show soon.
Any idea if any of other hotels are planning for such show. Shall I booked my wedding during the shows. Please help for I have a tide budget. 5 stars hotels are out for me.
Help..

wiz

Meow Meow,

is yours on weekday or weekend? Have you tried Carlton Hotel (opposite Chijmes) They have just renovated. looked pretty class... You have to check out the price now. I am not very sure. It is a four star hotel.

Wiz

P

pacific33

Hi everybody,

Thought of holding my wedding banquet at this hotel. can anybody gv me some advice on their ballroom, food, service etc....... Good or bad all are welcome .. Thnx

sunnyling

Anyone had attended or hold the wedding at Plaza Hotel before can give me the feed back cos I quite interested in this hotel. Hows the ballroom, food, service, etc?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">sunnyling,</FONT>
hv attended the ballroom one &amp; the restaurant one..

food wise, not too bad.. but once (ballroom), one of the dishes got a hair in it.. we told the waiter, then the mgr came to apologise, but nothing else was done.. no offer to replace the food!

service wise, guess will depend on the waiters/waitresses u get on that day.. the one who's serving us (ballroom) was quite alrite, but dun think he's a permanent staff..

ballroom... hehehe.. din really take note. but we were sitting by the side, so can't really see the stage.. think if possible, can change the march-in route a bit so that more guests can see, other then those at the middle.

however, in terms of value for money, guess they can fit the picture.. but location might be a bit.... gotta take bus from City Hall or walk from Bugis MRT station.

sunnyling

Hi angelia

So how about Concorde Hotel which 1 is better? have you attend any wedding at Concorde Hotel? Btw are you the same angelia at BZ thread also?

dot

hi,

Anyone being to Plaza Hotel recently and tasted their food and experience their service ?
Hope someone can share these with me.

dot

apple

The food in Plaza Hotel is below standard after most of cook have left. You can try Crown Prince Hotel as the price and Plaza hotel is almost the same but the food really taste very good in Crown Prince.

dot

hi apple,

Thanks for your comment, when was the last time you being there? As I was contradicted.
I asked my pals who went there Nov2001, she ask quite nice, but my sis's fren who went there say not nice. I tot maybe there may be change in Chefs.

dot

dot

hi apple,

Thanks for the info. Wonder what i can do to savage the situation as I have oreadi booked my banquet in Plaza Hotel.

Dot

apple

Hi Dot,

This your wedding is upto you to decide. Maybe you should cancel it before you will loss more. Endup your guest will complain about the Foods. Please don't because of small amount of money endup you suffer for rest of your life, right. Wedding is once a life time, of course you want everything to be as perfect as possible.

snoop

Hi Guys,

I am going to sign-up this Sat (28 Dec 2002) to have my wedding held at Plaza. But after seeing the negative comment on the foods, I am really worry. Can anyone out there kindly provide some advise and share with me their latest experiences?

Snp

cutie

Hi Dot &amp; Snoop,

Just attended my fren wedding this mth at Plaza hotel and was quite disappointed with the food cos the food was not nice and the dish presentation was bad as well. Personally don't like the hotel ambience and decor.

dot

hi apple/snp

Really very disappointed with the feedback now.
I have oreadi given a non refundable 2K deposit.
Pretty impossible to cancel the booking, as that will forfeit my deposit.

And many of the places that were within my budget had oreadi being booked when i enquire.

I checked with my friend who worked in the Plaza Group, he told me the main chef is still there. Wonder wat had went wrong tt coz the drop in standard on food.

Hi Snoop,
Guess u r juz as disppointed as me. Lucky thing is tt you have not booked them. So you still have a chance to reconsider.

Who did you spoke to in Plaza? Tony or Desmond??
Maybe you can ask them on why people complain abt the food, tink ought to reconsider them.

Dot.