Pills

andee

any ladies here on the pill? any advise? i'm planning to go on it too... ain't sure about the types on the market, any good ones, charges, where can i get it, any side effects? thanks

hazuki

andee: hi, i used it consecutively for few yrs already.. no side effects, menses regulates very well. every 7days change once, stick on butt. will not drop during shower.. $33 per box of 3pcs.
during menses, dun need to stick = rest 7days. cause tat's safe period..
alittle ex, but dun have to remember to eat pills everyday at same timing.
no hormonal swings.. in fact, it balances hormones very well.

hazuki

ann: u can get the patch frm ur GP. family doc.. if they dun sell, they'll usually give u a prescription. u can get frm pharmacy.

ezolia

Some pills have side effects. I was on the pill for a year to cure my acne skin.

My menses became regular, but I became bloated, butt and breasts bigger..making me look fat. Not only that I started to have falling hair, it's like when you run your fingers through your hair, and you get many strands of hair in your palm! The hair just fall out so easily.. it was appalling!

That's when I decided to drop it and I do not get such scary hairfalls now.

andee

the patch, pill - can get from gynae right?
any good gynae recommendation?
preferably NICE female. =D
i'm 20yrs old - they won't give you a "what the hell are you doing here" look right?
eeks.

hazuki

andee: gynae or GP already can take liao. as long as is legal doctor...
female gynae... i dunno any. cause my gynae is male.

nutty_nutella

consider other ways of contraception before jumping into the pill. it's fine when you are not thinking of conceiving, however if you decide to start conceiving, may take a longer time for your cycle to regulate. of cos thats case by case. i've read some articles that very normal women who went on pills for few yrs but when they decide to conceive, it took them like 1-2yrs to conceive.

otelle

Does anyone of you uses such pills on your wedding day? I worried my menses will come near my wedding day and i thought it might be inconvenient on that night :p

Please share your experience with me. Thks.

quency

Hi
happy.gif

Any type of birth control pill works best when it is taken every single day at the same time of day, regardless of whether a girl is going to have sex.

This is especially important with progesterone-only pills.

cathy20

Hello,

I just wanted to post how much I like Yaz. I started it last month and its fantastic. I was staunchly against OCP’s for the past couple of years because of previous horrible experiences, but so far I am loving this pill. It has an ultra-low dose of estrogen and a new form of progesterone. I havent had any negative side effects, havent gained weight. The only thing is the my breasts are slightly larger (not complaining) and a tender sometimes.