Perth F&E

j_camomile

Hi San,

Ya, it's really up to u. I oredi bought quite a few for my gal.. all very cheap & nice designs, more than enuff liao
happy.gif
I'll also be wearing double layer for her if it gets really cold.. so depending on the weather. For me, I always make sure I prepare everything first so it'll be ready for use when u need it. Moreover, all these clothing stuffs must always wash first after after buying for hygiene purpose, no good to wear like that, esp. for kids. In fact, all her jackets & cardi have oredi been nicely washed & kept.. now only looking forward to my trip... getting more & more excited... keke :p

nesame

Camomile,
I got quite alot of long sleeve t-shirts for her but don't think it is thick enuff so definitely i need double layer for her. For the jacket, if I can see nice nice one in Perth, will buy there. S'pore design not so nice leh. For washing, i will be staying in house so laundry is fine. However, i am abit lazy now. She is coming to 1yr old so, I think should be ok compare to last time when she is small baby. So at times, I didn't bother to wash her new clothes before letting her wear. Haha. Lazy mum.

Do you know if Pinnacles entrance have to pay? I think I read somewhere is per car or per head. Can't remember.

Hi Cherly,
Welcome Back! Waiting for your updates and advise eagerly.

j_camomile

Hi Cherly,

Hope u've enjoyed ur trip! Looking forward to seeing ur photos soon..
happy.gif

Hi San,

Ya, definitely need jackets.. long sleeves shirts confirm not enuff
happy.gif
Heehee, actually the jackets I bought for her were all very nice & sweet, cheap also.. so it all depends on whether u know how to choose & where to look for them, cos it's true that nice jackets are not easy to find in Singapore & I dun go for those common boring design too..
happy.gif
In fact, I have quite a few Oshkosh & Baby Gap ones which were super cute & sweet. My gal loved them so much she doesnt't want to take them off after I let her try on, heehee.

And in Perth, I'll be getting some other items for her instead of jackets since I already bought quite a few nice ones for her. Moreover, she'll not need them till the next time she go overseas.. so no point buying so many. But if it's really nice, will just get 1-2 more for her for our next trip, keke...
happy.gif

As for Pinnacles, price should be based on per vehicle. If I'm not wrong, I think it's about $9, but depending on your vehicle type also...
happy.gif

nesame

Camomile,
Thanks for the info. Hey, our trip is getting nearer and nearer. So EXCITED! At the same time, also abit stress as i had yet to plan all my itinerary. I still need to print out driving direction maps online and etc. I am the only 1 doing it for my group of 9. Oh gosh! Beside this, still need to plan for my gal gal 1st birthday in May as well. Alot of headaches!

Star,
Nice meeting you on Saturday. Really appreciate ALOT of your effort. Feel very 'pai seh' to trouble you. If i know it is so troublesome, I will not have request you to get for me.

Hey, have a little suggestion! Maybe we shall arrange a meeting one day btw myself, Star, Camomile and Cherly. What you gals think?

cherly

San,

Can I have your email address?
Hmmm, at this moment i don think i am able to go out to meet you gals cos as you know i am preggie now and feeling very tired everyday. I sleep as early as 8pm, maybe meet after u gals come back from Perth? Think after May i should be in my 2nd tris, hopefully i am feeling better by then.

nesame

Cherly,
I had emailed you at your hotmail.

Hmm, I was like you, feeling very tired and sleepy the 1st 2-3wks of pregnancy. However, the horrible MS, last till abt 11wks.

Ya sure, we can meet after our trip. So that we can 'recaps' our beautiful memory in Perth.

starmed

san
"no worries mate" keke.. as an aussie would say...
happy.gif
anyway me on sat also free lah.. out the whole day might as well pass the brochures to ya..hopefully they r useful in your planning....:p

yup sure...meet up after the trip then...
happy.gif

cherly
got your pics...view them in a while...
happy.gif
thanks..
happy.gif

j_camomile

Hi Cherly,

Tks alot for the pics! Ur gal is just like mine.. liked to pose alot when taking pic heehee..
happy.gif
Me getting more & more excited also cos getting closer to my trip. Oredi counting down few mths back & now my neck longer than giraffe liao... kekeke...
lol.gif

Btw, do take care ya. 1st tri is like tt.. gets tired easily.. will be better as u move on. Remember to take ur folic acid & multivitamins also...
happy.gif

starmed

cherly
your girl's ver cute leh..
happy.gif
looking thru your pics..realised the sceneries we took almost similar... keke... king's park etc...the shot from king's park to the swan river is seems exactly what I had...
happy.gif
de ja vu feeling...keke...
happy.gif

actually i've got alot perth pics taken during previous trips...hee.. so u gals dun see much perth pics in my recent trip...:p

idono

Hi,

Can you share photos with me as well?
I'm thinking of going in June with my little boy of 27 months. Currently, he's taking only home cooked porridge. How shd i settel his meals there?

Idono_ac@hotmail

nesame

Hi Cherly,
Your gal is so pretty and cute. So sad that my bb gal looks more like boy boy. Star mistook her as bb boy. haha. Hopefully when her hair grow longer, she will look girlish. Now she still having porcupine hair style. hee.

Hey, did you get the red wind breaker from Old Navy online? I saw it and wanted to get it but no size for 12 mths old. Left the green colour 1.

Camomile,
Same here. Shall see whose neck is longer.

cherly

Camomile/star/San,

Thanks for compliment on my gal.

San,

I got her windbreaker online, the size is abit small, my gal is wearing 4T.

j_camomile

Hi Idono,

Actually u can bring some rice or cereals over to cook for him if u're staying in an apartment. It's very easy to prepare & not troublesome at all. At this age, he can already eat outside food but of cos, it'll be even better if he can have at least 1 home-cooked meal per day. That will be best. I'm actually bringing some rice & rolled oats to cook for my gal too cos I do not want her to rely solely on outside food. It's no good for her...
happy.gif

Hi San,

My neck is oredi longer than a Brachiosaurus (the long-neck dinosaur) liao, even a house it too small to accomodate me.. hahahaa!
biggrin.gif

j_camomile

Btw San, if u're still looking for jackets/cardigans for ur little one, here's some pics of girl's jacket u can find on yahoo auction & some online kid's wesbite. Very sweet yet affordable..
happy.gif

365195.jpg
365196.jpg

starmed

san
oopss...pai seh... hee... no worries lah...all babies below one look the same....can't really differentiate...no worries...when she's older..she's gonna be a cute one too..
happy.gif

j_camomile

Btw, u mention u hv total of 9 pple going rite? Ur parents going with u also?
happy.gif
In that case, hv to rent 2 cars then rite? Cos even MPV can only acommodate 7 pple. My bro-in-law also going Perth next week with his friend. Total 7 pple including his kids so he rented a MPV from Hertz (Budget no MPV). Costs 1K+.. very ex lor but bor bian..
happy.gif

j_camomile

Ya, agree with Star. My gal looked more like a boy too when she's much younger cos not much hair. Now her hair longer & very very different liao keke. Kids do change one..
happy.gif

nesame

star,
no worries lah. you are not the 1st who thinks she ls a boy. Last time when she younger, i dress her in all pink, yet those aunty(strangers) still can ask me 'boy ah'? hee. but now her hair slightly longer and I can put a clip for her, she will look slightly more girlish after make over. that day u see her, at home i no make up for her. haha

camomile,
what is the online kids site you referring to? can give me the link?

Yup, going with my parents and my brother's family. I think still cheaper to get 2 salon car rather then 1 MPV. MPV luggage space is not big enuff especially we got 3 kids. Big luggages for us.

lilyn22

Hi there!
I'm not a young mum like most of u here, but can maybe give some advice on travelling in perth..was studying there for 6 years for uni and also just went there for my PS in end march ;)

If u want to get cheaper car rentals u can get fr other places, not hertz..bayswater car rental is cheap n good. ALways ask for those with unlimited mileage. ALso try to head to swan valley if u dun have much time in perth, its only 40 min drive fr perth city and its got vineyards (wineries),an animal park with all ur ozzie animals (caversham wildlife park) as well as the very yummy margaret river chocolate factory!

j_camomile

San,

MPV can't fit 9 pple also cos too small liao. My bro-in-law getting MPV cos they hv 7 pple & it fits exactly. He says easier for them to travel in 1 car also rather than 2 separate ones..
happy.gif

For the above 2 jackets, I got them from yahoo auction. They're both brand new with tag & very cheap, less than $20 each only
happy.gif
The auction sites I visited are mainly sellers dealing with online business & they get their stocks from overseas suppliers so prices are always very afforable.

One of the sites u can visit is The Little Tots Store. This lady sells mainly export excess stock & department store clothing. U can find quite a wide range of kids branded designer label like Osh Kosh, Baby Gap, Old Navy..etc as well as cartoon character kids clothing at very affordable prices. Most importantly, it's not 2nd hand clothing. They're all brand new with or without tags. If u join the group, u can also receive updates & links to other kids & children's site
happy.gif

Here's the link:
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Little-Tots-Store

Hope u find smthg u like!~

barbapapa

Hello all,

Just came back from Perth and the weather is fabulous! Neither cold nor warm. Sunny throughout! Fabulous weather. I have great time taking my wedding pics over there.....

lilyn22

Hey blue!
what a coincidence! i was just there for PS not long ago too! bout 3wks ago...u got pics to share? who did u get to do ur photos? n ur makeup?
hubby n i studied in perth together so we thot more meaningful to get our photos done thre...its helps that his good friend is a professional photographer as well so we just flew the 3 of us over, had us a holiday n did the photos as well!! how did u arrange urs?

p/s do u have photos to share yet? can email me the link? [email protected]
i've put mine up on the web already, PM me if u wanna take a peek ;)

barbapapa

Hi Lyn,

yeah same thing as you. We knew each other in while we were studying. we flew the photographer in too. But he is not a friend of us unlike yours. We got the photographer thru bridal mag. Make up and hair i do myself. Pretty stressing. Luckily the pics turned out to be good (Photographer showed us some in his laptop). whew! The pics are not ready. still needs time bcos the photographer is still holidaying in perth. i would love to take a look at your photos.

j_camomile

Hi San,

Yes she's based in Singapore. And price quoted is either equivalent to SGD or slightly lower or higher depending. If u see anything u like, just email her for further discussion. She's a nice lady..
happy.gif

nesame

Hi Camomile,
Thanks for your site again. When are you flying off?

Time is nearer and nearer and yet I seems to have yet to do a detailed planning.

j_camomile

Hi San,

No prob. Me flying off next Sun, 21 May. It's so near I can smell the grass there now, haha.

U flying off 26 May rite? Still have 2 more weeks for u to do proper planning dun worry. If u hv oredi decided where u wanna go it shld be easy, just put them together.

My bro-in-law & his family in Perth now. They actually have no itinerary at all so it's even worse. They plan as they go along. But I feel with a itineray it'll be much more organized. U wun waste time searching & deciding where u want to go when u're there. U can also pre-book ur activities & accomodation so everything will be ready when u go over, dun have to worry abt anything else. Just enjoy urselves there
happy.gif

starmed

camomile
yup..agree wif ya...must have itinerary..if not, like lost sheeps... dun know where to go first..cos there's so many place u can go...
happy.gif
enjoy your trip..
happy.gif
u gonna love it there..
happy.gif

san
happy planning.. your turn's coming up soon...
happy.gif

luvvie_m

Hi can I ask anyone who has just come back from Perth about the weather there now? I'm going over next Wed, and I'm not sure if I should wear long sleeves and bring sweaters etc. Appreciate the advice! Thanks!

barbapapa

I just came back from Perth end April. The weather is fantastic...sunny yet cooling. pretty much can wear slippers and normal shirts but it gets cold in the nite so bringing a combination of long sleeves and summer clothes will be best

trixter

hi ladies going to perth...

jus something to share:

- I rented my car from Citycar rentel. Its so much cheaper than Hertz. The car I drove was very new. You gals might wanna check this out.

- I strongly recommend that you visit Hilary's harbour. My friend in Perth brought me there and I love it. Simply love the scenery and the food! Perfect place for picture taking and relaxation!

- If you like chinese tim sum, you must visit Hois' kitchen at Northbridge (its a small outlet facing the main road). its very popular and affordable. A die die must eat is their "fried squid". When my friend recommend it to me I was'nt interested cos I didnt want to eat fried food... but when I was in the shop, I saw a plate of the frid squid on almost every table thus we ordered and............ IT WAS SUPERBED!

have a great time gals.

nesame

Camomile/star,
Accomodation and car all settled. Just that no plannings for what to see and do in each town. Still have to print out driving map from whereis.com.au. Excited over my trip but tired of doing all this. Then the thought of doing the luggage packing also sian. With my bb gal along, must even jot down a 'to bring list' in case i left out anything. Super lazy to start anything. Now also abit busy planning for my gal's 1st bday party next saturday.

Btw, I got my Camry from M2000 for 7 days unlimited KM rental at $350 inclusive gst and taxes. Insurance excess is $440.

Trixter,
Hois' Kitchen. Will note down as well.

j_camomile

San,

With a kid is like tt. Gotta bring along all her necessities & a lot more things so definitely will be more cumblesome, but bor bian lor. Anyway, still v. excited abt the trip. Gonna be a different experience also with a kid around now.. really looking forward keke..
happy.gif

Btw, u hv only 1 gal rite? I kinda confused, cos heard someone here saying she has 2 kids but can't remember who she is.. :p

trixter

Shirlynn > you tried that too!! their food is great right!!

BTW, jus KPO abit, I wanted to take up extra insurance but my friend living there told me I dun really need to so in the end I did not.

It is rather safe and easy to drive there, so if you're a safe driver(NO SPEEDING), it is really not necessary. but hey, its really up to you!

FYI, I also used whereis for help but in the end I gave up. I went to MPH to buy a map and it was really useful(abt $13 I think). By our last day, the map was torn in pieces. I'll suggest that you buy a proper map so you can do your route planning before you depart, it gives u a better idea which route to take and which place should come first and which should be the last. You'll waste a bit of time if you're only going to plan on the trip itself.

have a good trip ladies!!

snowbell42

Hi trixter,

Yup.. the food is great... i was studying there many yrs back.. tht's y i know.. n till now cant find the fried ice cream tht's comparable wif the one there... oh no.. i m drooling again haha... it's a MUZ EAT thing for me when i go there for my meals :p

starmed

san
hmmm..semms like your car rental rather good..
happy.gif
M2000 yup..heard abt it...keke.. they have sports car for rental too... that time my hubby n me contemplating to rent a porsche for a day for fun....keke.. quite chepa for a coupe sports car...
happy.gif
maybe the next time we'll do just that...haha

hey...rem the roast duck eatery I told u abt...must try..
happy.gif

j_camomile

San,

Mine is a Nissan Pulsar 2L Auto, 7 days unlimited km, at $408 nett inclusive of all taxes, plus a child safety seat too. Excess Reduction is is $330. Pickup & drop-off at airport, v. convenient & time-saving. A great deal too..
happy.gif

And ya, I oso heard Hoi's Kitchen is gd. We actually wanted to try their tim sum on our last visit cos my friends say they're really yummy, but too bad no time to go that time. So tis time die die oso muz go keke.. :p

j_camomile

For map directions, remember the online intereactive map I told u earlier which is available at the Western Australia website? It's really gd, v. detailed & u can zoom in & out on all the roads & attractions so u know the exact road & highway to take to ur destination. Really saves a lot of time. Go take a look. U can refer to my earlier posting again above on where is the map. I have already planned out all the routes more than a month bk..
happy.gif