Perth F&E

j_camomile

Hi Star,

Ya ya.. looks like tis one!!
351763.gif
U been there before??
But Busselton is really far from Perth & is not in my itinerary.. tot if it's in Fremantle then sure will pop by..
sad.gif

Anyway tks so much for sharing the pics & info, appreciate it!!
Btw, u going there for work or holiday?
happy.gif

Hi KPO,

Tks! Ya will definitely be popping by Fremantle to look around! Tks again!!
happy.gif

starmed

hi camomile
happy.gif
been there before..this shot was taken by the beach next to the jetty. The restaurant is just behind me from where I stood.
happy.gif
well busselton is not that far..if u drive, think ard 2 hours drive or slightly more can reach liao..
happy.gif
nice place to see sun set..;p Going there for holiday next week.
happy.gif

bubble_low

Hi star,

Which towns are u visiting nx wk ? I already booked my flight in end mar.

If u come across any good and cheap restaurant, do share with me. Thks.

j_camomile

Hi Star,

Tks!
happy.gif
Actually hubby & I hv oredi been to Perth & Margaret Regions 4 years ago. Went to Albany & the Pinnacles too but din go Busselton tt time
happy.gif
Back then, only 2 of us so can afford to travel far & anywhere we want. But now with our little girl can't do that oredi.. everything oso must think of her :p So furthest we planned to go is Rockingham to let her see the dolphins, & if time allows & she's ok, then we can afford to go further down.. so really gotta depend on the situation then..
happy.gif

Anyway, u tks alot for shaing again. U hva great trip okie! Btw, u gonna visit Busselton oni tis time?
happy.gif

Me looking forward to my trip in May oso.. kekeke...
351972.gif

starmed

hi Low
I'll be driving down to the south here's my iternary:

day 1: Touch down in early morning. Get car from car rental n drive down to Bunbury. 1 nite at Bunbury. If got time, drive to Busselton for dinner.

Day 2: drive off in morning to Margaret river. Along the way, stop by Busselton if we haven got time to drive to Busselton the previous day. Along the way to resort in Margaret River, we'll stop by the Cape Lavender and anything that interest us. 1 nite in Margaret River.

Day 3: Drive off to Wadpole. Visit the tree top walk. 1 nite in Wadpole. If got time, we'll drive to albany.

Day 4: Drive of to Albany if we didn't do it the previous day. Then drive up back to Perth. 1 nite in Perth.

Day 5: Drive to Fremantle/ Swan Valley. 1 nite in Perth

Day 6: Drive to Fremantle/ Swan Valley. Or wherever we haven visit ard those places. 1 nite in Perth.

Day 7: Last min shopping in Hay Street.
happy.gif
Return car n fly back home in evening.

Basically, both my hubby n me are going about the place leisurely. If we happen to see anything that's interesting along to our next destination, we'll just do 'pit stop' ..
happy.gif

Sure..I'll see if there's anything nice..but I know there's a really nice n authentic Chinese restaurant in Perth at the Northbridge. Can't rem the name but the roast duck n meat is one of the best I've tasted.
happy.gif
a good place to drop by if u get sick of eating western food all day.
happy.gif

btw u booked your motels/hotels?

camomile
wah..how old is your little girl?
happy.gif
so nice of u..it's a family outing.
happy.gif
thanks..I'll definitely enjoy myself.
happy.gif
well, from the above post to Low..guess u know I'm not only visiting Busselton. :p keke..
happy.gif

I've been to perth area a few times but the southern side only once. That time only been to Bunbury n then didn't venture further from Busselton. So this time is our first time going further. (Busselton to Bunbury only abt 30 mins drive)

We've bben to the northern part but didn't go all the way up to Rockingham. That tiem we drove to this small town by the sea which has a sand biking facilities. We tried our hand at riding up n down the sand.. rather fun n exciting..
happy.gif

j_camomile

Hi Star,

Wah.. so gd.. at least still can 'guo er ren shi jie', so envy... kekeke...
happy.gif

My little girl is 2.5 yrs old now.. very kpo & been bugging us to bring her on a plane for a long time oredi so tis time really gonna grant her her wish.. kekeke... ;P

So u popping by Swan Valley as well ya.. me too
happy.gif
Gonna bring her there for a farmstay & then move on to Perth & surrounds. Will be going for a 1 week trip too
happy.gif

j_camomile

Oh ya, if u visiting Pinnacles, better join the local tour instead of self-drive cos it's a really long drive from Perth (abt 3hrs or more) & can get both physically & mentally straining
happy.gif

starmed

hi camomile
2.5 yrs quite old enough I feel. :p well, if u are going up to Rockingham, think dropping by Busselton if u have the time should be not much a problem cos think the dist is abt the same...
happy.gif
u can drive there n return to Perth within a day if u set off in the morning.
happy.gif

btw swan valley got a home made ice cream cafe by the highway..near to the chocolate factory... real nice n good.
happy.gif

j_camomile

Hi Star,

Haha.. not really leh.. cos at tis age she still needs her afternoon nap plus no gd to let her travel or sleep in a car for so long oso, so really can't afford to travel too far lor. When she's slightly older abt 5 or 6 years old then will be better to travel longer distances
happy.gif

And Rockingham is oni 40 mins drive from Perth, compared to Bunbury which is abt 2hrs drive & Busselton is even further down, abt 2.5 hrs or so cos, so really gotta depend on situation then. Furthermore, we din plan to stay over at Busselton oso else will surely visit it
happy.gif
But of cos if she's ok then we definitely will find time to drive down from Perth, since it's such a lovely place & we love the sea a lot too..
happy.gif

Ya, I knew abt the ice cream cafe, quite popular leh.. keke. And at Swan Valley, gonna go for the Wagon Trail oso juz to explore around the places, shld be veri fun & exciting for her since it's her first time on a real horse wagon
happy.gif

bubble_low

Hi star,

Hv booked all my accomodations in south west, but not perth hotels. Will be in perth city for 2 nites before heading to bridgetown, Margaret river, Pemberton, Denmark, Albany and back to Perth for 1 nite. Total - 11days

If u can remember where the chinese rest. in northbridge, do let me know.

Hope u hv a gd trip !

cherly

Star,

How u book your vehicle from baywater? Just call and tell them the period you wanted or is there any email to send to them?

Camomile,

I will be bringing my 2 yrs old daughter to Perth next month too. She is pretty excited and everyday asking me, "are we taking plane tmr?" as she has been to Taiwan last year with me.

starmed

cherly
yup..call them straight to book.. no credit details needed..
happy.gif
u went to their website? they have three branches in Perth...so make sure u went to the right branch to collect your car though...
happy.gif

san
if u still log in...i'm flying off tonight... when i'm back, I log in again so I can pass the stuffs to ya..
happy.gif

j_camomile

Hi Cherly,
Hey wat a concidence keke. So when u leaving? Mine is 21 May, coming back on 28. Will be there for abt 8 days too =)
So u got everything planned out yet?
happy.gif

Hi Star,
Happy Holidays & enjoy urself!
happy.gif

cherly

star,

I will be staying at Hay St area, so which branch should i call?

camomile,

I will be leaving on 8 April, havent got time to plan anything but got my 1st 2 nites hotel stay in perth liao.

cherly

Star,

Btw, what are the details we need to take note when renting car? How much u pay for the rental n how big is the car?

j_camomile

Hi Cherly,

Just to share, u can rent ur car from Budget at Perth Interantional Airport too, the prices are very economical. And u can also become a fastbreak member to enjoy discounts for subsequent rentals. Membership is free. U can visit their website at www.budget.com.au for more info.

I've already did an online reservation with them so upon touchdown at Perth Airport, we only need to pickup the car from them & then drive off to Swan Valley, very convenient
happy.gif

j_camomile

And u can oso choose from their wide range of cars available, whether u want compact, economical or 4WDs.. etc, then choose the size u want..
happy.gif

starmed

cherly
I rented a 1.6 Toyota corolla (auto) fr 7 mar to 13 mar. Cost A$201 nett.
happy.gif
basically, u can rent from Hay street branch. Look at the web site for the type of cars available. Though their range not as comprehansive as the big companies but I feel the cars they provide is new n good n best of all cheap.:p Think airport also have one outlet if u plan to drive straight from airport.
happy.gif

camomile thanks..
happy.gif
see ya next week.
happy.gif

now me at airport going off soon ...
happy.gif

j_camomile

Hi Star,

Have a safe trip!
happy.gif

Hi Cherly,

I've booked a 2-2.2L Nissan Primera - Auto (Intermediate range) from 21-28 May at only A$402 with unlimited kilometres per day, child safety seat & excess reduction package (insurance coverage) included.

Have rented from them many times for my Australia & NZ trips few years back & I feel that not only do they have a very extensive range of cars available, but they're always very clean & new & prices are a lot cheaper than most establised rental firms too. Pickup & dropoff locations are always very convenient & their service has always been excellent too. Sometimes they even offer u free upgrade..
happy.gif

Just sharing.. hope it helps!
happy.gif

cherly

Star,

I just called to make enquiry on the rental for the period of 8-15/4 and they charged me $399 incl the excess insurance. Oh ya, they quoted me 1.8L of Corolla, i think they quoted wrongly as the lady like rushing off. Is your $201 included all the insurance etc etc?

Camomile,

I intend to book thru baywater is becos i heard good comments of them from frens. But if the above charges is real, then i might consider budget. How do u know yours is included all charges? How much more to pay for excess insurance coverage? $0 payment for excess?

j_camomile

Hi Cherly,

Basically, during the online reservation process, all charges will displayed after u make ur selection of car & type, how long u intend to rent it & whether u want a child safety seat or not. Once everything is in, the sytem will calculate & list out all charges & the total amount for ur confirmation. Once u confirm ur booking, a confirmation note will be sent to u via email with all the booking details & charges. It's very straightforward & simple.

If ur're a fastbreak member, excess reduction package will be automatically discounted & included into the price for u (if u opt for it cos excess reduction is optional). So to enjoy tis privilege, all u need to do is to quote ur fastbreak no. when u make the reservation & then proceed on with ur transaction.

With regards to the membership, u might wanna email them first to find out how long they will need to process ur application cos in my case when we applied a few years back, it takes about 1-2 weeks to process & if it's still the same now, u can still make in time if u send in ur form now.

cherly

Star,

If you happen to see this posting, please tell me which number should i call to collect my car in hay st. I called all the 3 branches but they told me i am calling the wrong branch.

camomile,

There is an error for downloading the form at budget website.

j_camomile

Hi Cherly,

I've checked, my side is ok. After u click on Budget, just click on 'Download application...' & u shld see a screen that displays the T&C. Just click 'I agree...' & u shld see the Fastbreak Application form being displayed in .pdf format. For this, u need to have Acrobat Reader in order to see it. If u do not have, there might be an error & u need to download Acrobat Reader from the website first before u can proceed. Hope it helps..
happy.gif

cherly

camomile,

Yes, i have re-try and have downloaded the form. Completed it and send to them, hopefully they will proceed the application fast and let me know.

j_camomile

Hi Cherly,

Glad to hear that. So u not booking thru Baywaters oredi??

Btw, do take note the prices for cars will differ based on demand, location of rental, periods & seasons so if demand is high & it's during the peak period/season (e.g summer time), prices will be slightly higher. In my case, it it is already autumn period so price is definitely much cheaper
happy.gif

nesame

Hi Star,
I had been missing here for quite sometimes. Hmm, now you are in Perth and will be back soon. I will keep in touch with you when you are back. Look forward to hear fr you what is interesting in there. Me too will be going to Swan Valley for my trip. Not sure is it 'interesting'.

Hi Cherly & Camomile,
Me too going Perth with my baby. However, she is much younger than your darling. She will be celebrating her 1st birthday during my trip in Perth. I be travelling fr 26 May - 3 June. I will visit Swan Valley, Margeret River (however, may stay in Dunsborough and not MR), Fremantle, self drive day trip to Pinnacles and of course shopping at Hay St. and also Harbour Town. I am also worry about my long distance drive on how she cope with sitting in her car seat. In s'pore, she would't even allow us to tie her in her car seat. Headache now. As for on the plane, brought her to HK in Dec and also big headache during take off and landing where she had to be tied to us and she can't move around. Real active gal.

Camomile, is that very tedious to drive to pinnalces? As i know, if i take up day trip, they will pick up very early and return late as well. So i thought that to self drive, it is not so restricted as I am going with my bb.

Are both of you looking into apartments or hotel? I am staying in house/apartments thru' out. As I am travelling with my family as well, so no problem for me to take a 2 bedroom unit. If you are only travelling on your own, you may have to look for a 1 bedroom unit.

cherly

camomile,

Have not decided which car coy to rent our car. Most likely still will go thru baywater as they offer new and cheap car rental.

San,

I don know is your gal facing the discomfort of ear pressure during taking and landing off. If so, you can consider to give her a sweet or something to chew in her mouth, this will helps.

I will be staying in hotel and apartments. However, i only book my 1st 2 nites stay in Criterion hotel at Hay St in Perth. The rest will book as i go.

nesame

Hi Cherly,
Not too sure if she is having any discomfort of her ear but definitely, i know she doesn't like us to tie her with us. For infant, parent are given an extra seat belt to loop over ours and then we tie her onto our lap. She doesn't like the restriction that she can't turn around, stand and etc for so long.

If you are looking into apartments in Hay St., i can recommend you this. www.alderney.com.au. They had a total of 3 apartments. I stayed Alderney before. It is abt 10mins walk to the mall as it is located at the end of Hay st. However, i think you can get a better deal if you book the apartment thru some website. Abt A$110+ for Alderney. 2 bedroom apartment with all the cooking and laundry facilities. I will be staying here this round as well

j_camomile

Hi San,

It'll be farmstay for us at Swan Valley & apartment in Perth City
happy.gif

And yes, if u going to Pinnacles & have a child with u, it will be more advisable to self-drive rather than to take up the day trip cos like wat u said, everything will be very restricted, especially with a kid around it will be very difficult, so not an option.

Wat I meant earlier was unless it's just the 2 of u, then u might wanna take up the local tour instead cos self-drive can be quite tiring especially cos it's quite a distance from Perth, about 3 hours drive or more. Besides, the day trip has experienced tour guides who know the places well & can make ur trip more enjoyable. The tour itself might also include trips to nearby attractions like National Parks where u can visit other wildlife & fuanas as well as experience & learn about Aboriginal culture
happy.gif

j_camomile

And ya, my gal too super hyper-active & extremely talkative. I'm pretty sure she'll get very 'popular' with the crew & other passengers onboard.. haha...

j_camomile

I've not been there before but I know it's known more for a place for fine dining & good food as well as shopping. And I heard the Subiaco Pavilion Markets is a great place to shop for souvenirs if u're looking for something that's unique & out of this world.. very popular with tourists
happy.gif

cherly

camomile,

Yes would like to drop by if i have time. Yes, heard is a great place for good food and High End shopping.

barbapapa

WOW so many of you going to Perth... me going in April for photo shoot and i just realised that it coincides with their school holidays AND public holidays....sian....sure a lot of people ......awkward.

nesame

subiaco is it worth going? Me didn't go during my last trip as well. Only went to Hay St Mall for shopping. This trip, seems not sufficient time as we plan to go Harbour Town. Hmm, which is more worth it???

barbapapa

subi has two markets there for shopping. There is one which is the paviliion market where they sell souvenirs and interesting stuff and the other is the station markets which sells fresh produce and others Australian things....all can cover within half a day lar.....u decide ....

starmed

yo people
me back..
happy.gif
really enjoyed myself alotlaot..dun feel like coming back leh..:p the drive down south was great n gosh..I LOVE the wind farm in Albany n the scenery in Augusta n Albany is totalyy awesome...
happy.gif

Cherly
u can check their number thru www.bayswater.com.au
my rental was the 7 days special... each day $20 wif the all included. I took the 1.8L corolla hatch... rather spacious. If u got trouble finding the number...let me know..
happy.gif

San
so how do I pass the stuffs to ya? ;p

starmed

Low
the car is $20/day.. u'll need to add $8/day to reduce the damage to $200.... it included everything eg tax...unlimited km up to 500km range from Perth(actually all the way to Albany n slgihtly beyond)...etc... but if u wanna add another driver besides u, it'll be $10 extra.
happy.gif
I took the 1 year old hatch...still in good shape n condition...
happy.gif
no worries.

oh ya...the roast duck in Northbridge...
happy.gif
the shop's name is Good Fortune Roast Duck House... it's along William St. Next to the shop is a Auto Master Carpark. It's a good place to go eat when u get so sick of western food...:p try to go there ard five plus to six...if u go later, u'll need to wait.. cos the place is usu packed.
happy.gif
take note it's closed on tuesday. open from 10am to 10pm

one more place u should go n eat if u are in Fremantle is the Cicerello's.
happy.gif
Can't deny their fish n chips are really good. Eaten kaili's before..this was my first time trying Cicerello's.. found it to be better than Kaili's.
happy.gif

Hey if u are drving down to Albany, do pay a visit to the wind farm along the coastline... the view there is simply awesome!
happy.gif

barbapapa

Hi San,

Subiaco markets opening days are the same as fremantle. Just that for fremantle markets, they are opened till late on friday. Subi markets are opened on fridays thru to sunday. The stuff they sell there are abt the same as fremantle but one thing interesting was that they sell interesting apparels such as bags and cloths....but fremantle is situated in a historic settings...but most people do go fremantle bcos it is famous and nice settings.....

barbapapa

star star,

you car rental is A$20 a day? unlimited? seemed a bit hard to believe bcos i remember renting it and it costs at least abt 50 a day. did u rent an auto or manual car?

Wow i wanna go to the windfarm in Albany too since u say it is nice....going to check out the wewbsite now. heh heh heh

bubble_low

Hi Star,

I read the website, must add $5 each day and $8 (excess damage). So the total per day is $20+5+8? or $20 included tax already, so juz add $8 for excess damage ?

Thks.