Peony Jade for ROM/Solemnisation

jsim15

Hi galz chec wif u all..when u all do efiling, do u haf to submit ur venue of soleminization? Cos PJ ask mi to efile first then book d tables leh..tot shd be d other way round?

jsim15

Thanx midas, d dates r still availiable.. d resturant manager kenny says d dates for july is still not open yet due to d adjustement of GST.he says once date opened he will call us lo..so how?Gona book d private roomI will scold him off if he had given up d room d other couple lo

midas

i suggest u book the place as soon as its open for booking lor...once secure the venue then can book JP n efile..need to fill in the ROM venue n JP name also mah. tis shld be the rite sequence
happy.gif

jsim15

Ya..i haf email Pauline..still awaiting her reply..everytime we went down to PJ we dun see Pauline one leh..is alwayz Kenny who serve us..can Kenny make decisions one ma?

midas

hi trazz,

thks for the pix...u looked radiant
happy.gif

oh, u had ala carte buffet...no wonder i din see any buffet spread in ur pix hehehe. was the menu variety extensive?

jsim15

I'm sooooo mad with d resturant manager Kenny!PJ finally replied my email as to whether i can book d tables for my soleminization on 20july..now they tell mi d private rm is not longer available!They haf give d rm to other couple bcos they had given deposit. We actually went to enquire d place last dec & he told us is too early to place any deposit & muz wait for d GST adjustment..& tell us he will call us once d date is open for bookin now i email Pauline then i noe there's no rm!I'm soo pissed off by him!

trazz

hi midas, tks for the compliment.
the menu variety is as per the menu in the website.. my guests are pleased with the food. their wine was nice.

PJ is very reserved in their booking. they dun allow too early advance booking as they dun wan to miss events like wedding/company functions to a small ROM.

jsim15

Hi trazz,i totally agree wif u cos many ppl will enquire on their package everyday lo.I think they shdn't give advice tat we shd efile first before booking the tables..they shd be advising us when we shd call & ask whether d date is open for bookin maybe 3-4mths in advance of ur rom date ma.. Moreover my bf still call him up on Feb to ask whether we can pay d deposit but he telling us d same ting to efile first for d date. So trazz, so how much u paid for d set-up of ur solemnization? I tink d al-la-carte not inclusive of d set up ya?

trazz

setup is all included.. including outdoor solenmization (tables, chairs and balloons); am surpised that they serves softdrinks to guests when we were outdoor but dun remember whether being charged anot. the stage indoor, there was no setup. becos we sitted ard the stage, we mainly used tat stage for photo taking only.
think i paid ard $1.7k for ard 45pax and 8 bottles of wine and glasses of softdrinks/juices/beer

jsim15

oic Trazz.. for 45pax is still consider a gd bargain some more got wine leh..did they foc wedding favour 4 u too?

sunbubble

Vanessa, max of 22 tables but chargeable for 25 tables or 250pax MAX.

Jsim15, you can request PJ to set a ROM table with decor for you. Think you can view pics on their website on how they look like.

olengjuz

Hi midas,

Am going to have my luncheon at PJ soon too. I wonder if it's still bright to take photos within PJ? Will it be too bright for the guests sitting near to the windows? I will be showing the montage & highlights for my guests and concerned that the light might affect their view.

BTB, for info, if bringing own wines, PJ can only subsidies up to 50% of cfm table booking. If you gonna do that, say if taking 10 tables, only can bring in 5 red wines to PJ only. Cant even negotiate for more. They are pretty strict in controlling their revenues on wines.

jsim15

HI OJ, i'll be having 3 tables all at d windows site..tink ur photographer will advise u on d lightings lo ;)

midas

hi oj,

PJ is not very bright if they dun turn on their lights coz they hv thick maroon color curtains...it will be bright enuf for photos when the lights r on, n dark enuf for slides shows when they dim the lights..can discuss the timing with the restaurant mgr
happy.gif

footprint

Nice pictures...

Would love to hold mine there.. but pte rooms only available on weekdays?

Any more pictures from there.. love to see more pictures. hee..
happy.gif

olengjuz

Hi all,

I still got some leftovers of plain wedding cards (yellow/shimmering gold & red) and maps of PJ to sell. PJ maps are in exclusive paper material in card form. Also lightly scented. Would be wasted if throw away or unused.

Please PM if required. Thanks.

So excited for my coming wedding in early June. =D

trazz

sorry to keep u gals waiting..
already mentioned if u wan to see my pic, email me.. :p cos i seldom come back this thread liao anyway, i just sent my ROM link to those who left their email addy here...

phaffia

Hi all,

Something that I wish to seek advice for.

My SO and I are looking at holding our solemnisation event at PJ in Jan 2008. However we cannot book the place till Oct.

Just wanna ask if this is the usual practise at PJ.

Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

olengjuz

If you refer to PJ's thread at Wedding Banquets, alot of the peeps there mentioned that PJ has yet to cfm on the price increment hence nothing has been firmed up or made known.

ryanon123

i went down to peony jade today, the price is still $408++ for the most expensive set. the guy kenny told me there is no increment.

raragal

Hi Trazz, can share your pic?
Did anyone took the bum boat??
Any pics to share??

The buffet menu in the link given is no longer available.
How does the buffet work?
Timing for buffet?

Thanks!
happy.gif

raragal

Hi Trazz..
Did you have pics of your ROM?
You mentioned that u had it in the outdoor...

Saw ur PS pics le.. thanks!
happy.gif

Very pretty!
happy.gif

csy

Am considering this place for my ROM.

But i worry that it is not that accessible for my guest.

Am expecting 30-40 pax and my budget is around $1.5 - $2k.

bearyhip

Hi ladies

need to check...where do you all gals do your make-up? at home or does peonyjade has a place for make-up? thanks

trazz

i dun remember they have any makeup room.. tat my BIL help us booked a hotel at Merchant court so my makeup was done at the hotel then walked to PJ on foot.