Peninsula Excelsior

wonderger

Hi Siaodingdong,

Haha.. felt so funny to address u that. Anyway, I did not have my wedding there. But then been there b4 attending my relative wedding.
Not bad i should say.. their service and food considered acceptable. Heard from my relative, his co-ordinator served him well. Very prompt in responding, in terms of emails and calls. Though quite firm on his stand, esp the bargaining part of perks. But overall, comments from my relative, still ok.
Hope the above answered your question.
happy.gif

siaodingdong

Hi wonderger,

Its ok lah. used to be address this way. hehe.

Anyway, tks for ur feedback. I was wondering if u can help me to check with ur relative, who is his co-ordinator and what are the perks ur relative managed to bargain? hehe.. don mind ah. coz me totally no nuts abt it. I haven seen the place yet, but from the outside, seems like this hotel quite lok (old) lor. And furthermore, there's 1 more Excelsior hotel rite along the stretch? I am worrying that my guests will go to the wrong hotel.
sad.gif

wonderger

Hi DingDong,

Hehe.. my relative said he's co-ordinator named Lawerence. Not much perks given actually. Super strict with his stand, but @ times quite accomodating, depending on his mood. ;p But then friendly chap they would say. Just that @ times, need to call him up quite alot of times to catch hold of him. Always running around one de. So not easy to get hold of him. Talking abt the perks, try to 'sai-go' (persuade) him lah, my relative says he quite soft-hearted one de. Donnoe sure anot. hehe.. u try lah hor.

Yeah bingo! there's another Excelsior hotel. But then that one is more lok than this. If i not wrong, there's this restaurant opp with a lounge. Lagi worst! hehe.. This Peninsula Excelsior just had their reno done only, their lobby very nice. Too bad, guests not able to view the lobby, due to the ballrm is 1flr below the lobby. But then, remember this, its ur wedding, cannot really cater to evey1's needs.
happy.gif

Don worry, BTB are normally gan cheong one de. Search more ideas in this forum, sure can get alot of ideas and advises from couples.

siaodingdong

thanks thanks lady for ur advice.

Such a coincidence, mine also Lawerence. Doesnt seems to tackle well with him leh. Like what u mentioned, he is really very strict leh. Everything also cannot.
sad.gif
if not coz of the attractive package, don think we will go for this place. But then no fish, prawn also can bah. Wat to do..
sad.gif
really have to try my luck lor. Sad sad..

Really ah? lobby nice mah? by any chance got any way to see the lobby b4 guest make their way to the lobby? Sorry ah, so many questions... hehehe.

Thanks for ur advice. Yeah, i think so too. Cant really cater everybody's needs. But then if can, better still rite? Hahaha.. Yeahyeah, this forum is super gd, full of info everywhere. Got addicted with this. Nearly every 1 hr will come in to c c look look.
happy.gif

But then, this thread is super quiet hor, don u agree? only u and me. PE so poor mah i was wondering.. hehe.. so bad of me. ;p

wonderger

hihi DingDong,

Really ah? That bad mah? Ermm..strange leh, other than not giving in perks to my relative, everything seems to be fine woh. Ermm.. how come so different ah ur case? Think based on luck too bah. Have u go dwn and see the place and meet him up personally already?

Yeah, think u try 'bargain' with this Lawerence again bah. Who knows he suddenly can give in leh? At times, I realised those hotel hor, very funny one leh. I once heard from other brides on other forum, they exchanged info here and there, brought up to their hotel co-ordinator. Then, those hotel co-ordinator like ermm.. is it?? ok lor..then they give in to some requests liao. Think they also scared abt their reputation bah. Haha.. coz every1 is talking abt it here, bad and gd.. everything... HAHAHA...

Yeah.. the lobby of PE not bad. Quite grand, doesnt at all telly with their 'old' feeling outside. As for chances for guests to see their lobby, I doubt so. Coz that time, I took their lift directly and went to the ballroom. Then realised how come this hotel no lobby. Then found out from my auntie that have to climb the stairs up to the lobby. Once reached the lobby, I was like 'wow'.. nice.
happy.gif

Yup, I realised too. Seems like more couples are into other hotels, more ple talking abt it.

When's ur AD btw? BS find liao mah? Mine will be next yr Feb. U leh?

siaodingdong

hi wonderger,

donnoe leh, maybe i sway bah. sad sad..
sad.gif

Yalor, i agreed with u. have to based on luck sometimes.

I try lor to bargain with Lawerence. But I doubt I will win him bah, he quite gd in talking leh. Think my hubby and me will loose out talking to him. Quite sian lor.. everything also cannot. Really fainting..
Really? u mean they will see the forum one ah? Opps.. then 'sacarlly' he saw this, lagi jialat liao. Must put in more gd words liao lah like that? hehe..

Yalor, seems like more couples are into other hotels. Still wondering to consider others anot, since I have place any $ yet.

Mine will be next yr Jan. BS still looking around. With so many BS around also blur. But then hope to settle fast fast, so can relax liao. U leh?

merchelle

Hehe.. ladies,

My friend also eyeing for this place. Hehe.. Wow.. now i know Lawerence so 'hong' ah? Seems such a small world. My gf's co-ordinator also him leh. Ermm.. this hotel only he 1 co-ordinator ah? Or he really so popular ah? Hehehe..

Actually hor, think he muz be very curious, coz I did mention to him that had read some gd comments from forum. wohahaha.. so ladies, agar agar hor.. wohahaha...
happy.gif
opps.. hehe.. don scold me, don scold me.. hehehe..

So DingDong (haha.. both our nick quite similar hor?), have u cfm on this location already? My gf had just cfm yesterday. Any advices from u ladies?

merchelle

Hi Micaela,

How long ago is your relative's wedding ah? Is it recently or long ago? How's the theme like anyway? Coz understand from Lawerence that new theme will take place soon.

By any chance have any pics to share? wohaha.. ermm..if it's inconvenience nvm, since its your relative's wedding, not yours afterall. wohaha..

siaodingdong

halo halo SBC, welcome welcome to this thread. The more the merrier. Coz this thread seems quite quiet leh. Hehe.. Yeah, both our nick quite similar hor. ;p

So ur friend got any comments on this place and Lawerence? Opps.. u mentioned u told Lawerence abt this forum? OMG, I wondered does he come here to read? Anyway, even if he does oso like that lor. Haha.. forum mah, to exchg info only wat agree? Hehe.. so bad of me. ;p

Btw, me and my HTB is still considering this place. As we r really not sure if we are really into this place anot.
sad.gif
With so many attractive $ out there somemore. ;p

U mentioned its actually ur gf eyeing for this place. Wat abt urs?

dummyspy

hahahaha... go down take a looks... compare the price and compare the perks... depends on what u looking for lor... if u think the price is reasonable why not... hehehehehe...

merchelle

ermmm.. siaodingdong and Micaela, where have u ladies been ?? hehe..

Anyway ding dong, I will be attaching some pics that were taken while accompanying my gf when viewing this place for your reference. hope it helps.
happy.gif

till now, not so much comments yet. however seems that Lawerence is really very very bz, always not able to reach him via email leh. hehe.. ermm.. really so many ple getting married meh? hahaha..

Yeah, i agreed with u.. no harm bah, sharing info here. hehe.. anyway, we didnt say any bad things yet wat. wohahaha..

wohahaha.. mine?? already over liao 3yrs ago.. now only come in here KPO KPO once awhile.. woahaha..

dummyspy

hahahaha... PE doesn't have a good outlook and a grand look lah i believed.. thats why a lot of ppl not looking at it... personnally i think the ballroom quite nice and the lobby too... went for the bridal show yesterday and sign up for their package at 528+++.... quite attractive lor.... will put up some pix later... if u mentioned my name, he will give some more perks the coordinator mentioned... hahahahaha...

joanne81

Hi Dummyspy,

I also went to the bridal shop yesterday leh hee hee =) did u win anything in the lucky draw? I won the wine hamper. =P

Can i check with u 528+++ is for weekdays? lawrence threw in many add perks for me yesterday but i did not sign..still thinking =P

Jo

dummyspy

mine is weekend one... wahahahha... he for sure kill me... wahahahaha... how much he offer u??? hehehehe... i won the third price lor... but the watch for ladies hor... think wanna pawn might not worth a cent... :p hehehehehe... if not urgent slowly think and compare lor... if wanna, we can share share thru email??? hehehehehe... [email protected]

I think i know who u are... u were in the toilet when u won the price right??? hehehehehe... btw, i also took up the Bridal Package from Yvonne Creative... hehehehe... the boss very friendly lor... the package also very comprehensive i think... hope will get a good service lor...

dummyspy

hehehehe... congrats to u lor... at least u got some wine to drink... my watch can't even bite... wahahahhaaha... hope more and more brides take PE lor... like not that popular in most forum... maybe because of the exterior look bah.... hehehehehe....

merchelle

ermmm.. how come the wine glass look so frosty ah? filled with cold drink? hehe.. anyway.. the table set up seems like not bad leh. I like the lily set up (is the flower lily?)..

dummyspy

they used frosty wine glass... wahahaha... this is the table that i find looks more normal... but i perfer normal wine glass....

merchelle

huh?? ermmm... will they use this frosty wine glass on AD? ermm.. normal wine glass will look more presentable.. got check with Lawerence?? can chg anot??

dummyspy

hehehehe... preparing stage now... hehehehe... chosen the hotel and think it have reasonable price... don wanna check out the rest else will heart pain... so now waiting to take measurement for my MTM lor... hehehehe...

ssybaby

Hi ladies

wow seems like PE is really not popular, i wanna take oso scare ah...

hahaha...has anyone here had their wedding held there ald?

hahahah yes the nick for siaodingdong & siao cha boh very funny...tink th's wat alot of guys call us too..hahhahaa

dummyspy

nope... but i had taken up the package lor.... my friend held her wedding there 2-3 years back and i attended... i find its not bad lor... hehehehe... anyway its within my budget and the place really not bad... go take a look lor...
happy.gif

dummyspy

hehehehe... i wonder if anyone signing up package with them hor.... so far like no one talking in this forum....

simlim25

Hi Hi
MI just attend a wedding at the PE...their amostphere not bad, and i went up to my friend hotel room veri nice... i like the room veri much... the food there really cannot meet up to everybody expectation, some say not bad some say not nice... so is hard to please everyone as different ppl different taste... hope my comment helps...

xiaowanzi

Sigh...I'm getting very stressed. Any more updates and comments on this hotel? Seems like this is one of the few restaurants/hotels left for my date.

yyang

Just attended their wedding over there, food and service was good, Their banquet manager Richard was very accomodating, their food portion was also very generous.

benbenfish

hi

Juz realised that this weekend (sunday), they will be having one wedding show...seems like no charge for attending this wedding show wor!!!
we have registered for this wedding show le, how abt u all in this forum...

cutebubble

Wah this thread seems v quiet indeed.

Over all, dear ladies, pls share with me your tots on the food quality for this place? Thanks.

Yes after attending the bridal show, I may seriously considering this hotel or another hotel. Need yr help to make my decision process faster. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks

doraemon33

Cutebubble

I seriously think there are better ones around. This one is so bad that whenever I think of it, I'll nag nag at my hubby. Had my wedding there in 2007.

ashes02

anymore feedback for Peninisular Excelsior?
went to view the ballroom and suite today, like not bad leh. The banquet manager also very very nice. think they have renovate the place, lobby is quite beautiful also. really that bad? hows the food?

jasmy

Hi,

Anybody held their wedding at there recently? how was the experience?

I shortlisted it as 1 of my wedding venue, can check if anyone hold 45 table which is their max? was it cramp?

cindylovejames

Hi

I have booked my wedding banquet with River City Restaurant at Excelsior Hotel. Can I request to hold the banquet in the hotel ballroom instead? Are they the same? Thanks!

blessedfromnow

hi there, anyone has recent experience holding their wedding or gg to hold ur wedding here? pls comment. i'm thinking of holding it here. thanks..

andass

Hi IL, The lawrence that is mentioned above is no longer with Peninsula Excelsior, the current manager is Richard Tan, who is a very helpful gentlement.

Apart from Richard's service, another great factor that draws us is the skylounge. We just signed up with Richard and will be holding the banquet at the ballroom, and he allows us to use the skylounge for our ROM, which gives us a perfect view from Marina Barrage all the way till Clark Quey.
Congrats in your wedding

malis

Hi aT,Here are some photos of Skylounge which we are hosting our ROM and photography.The view at the Bridal Suite was very scenic.
Richard Tan was the most patient and understanding Banquet sales manager we have met during our search and He answers all our wedding queries to our satisfaction.We are surprised that he return back to the hotel on Sunday afternoon just to meet up our busy schedules.We are also pleased to have chosen this hotel for our wedding.
1155795.jpg

malis

hi eveyone, Here are photos of the Skylounge Mezzanine where our actual ROM and photography venue is.