Park Green

eijgnohz

Hi,
Am wondering if anyone of you can advise me on this...

I am thinking of getting some wallpapers from the US (since I am currently here) for my place. Just want to compare the prices of the wallpapers in Singapore/ US before I get them. Has anyone of you use wallpapers for your walls? How much is the charge per feet/ roll?

Thanks a million!
happy.gif

bricriu

Missylan

I think it's only a one off thing... and runs on diesel..cheap.
smile.gif
I think the cleaners will appreciate it alot. They can not only use it for rubbish.. can use for trasporting plants and other stuff as well..
happy.gif

Alvin

When is the next meeting anyway?

merci_puku

Hi EIG,

Initially, we also wanted to put up wallpaper as well but the price of those really nice ones are simply too costly.

Vinyl are easily to maintain and suitable for local weather but not many variations of designs to chose from. Deluxe range $18 per sq feet and the Premium range is $25 per sq feet.

Wallpaper of paper quality has much more beautiful designe and range. Goodrich also imports a lot of their wallpaper from US and Japan. Price range is from $15 per sq feet to $150 per sq feet.

We got a quote from goodrich on the Premium quality range from type C like yours for the living/dining all the way to the walkway is $3800 including labour.

Hope this helps.

tyg

Hi EIG,

I am wallpapering all walls in my living and dining area, including corridors to the bedroom, plus 2 walls in the MBR. Total cost about 2,600 including labour. The supplier imports the goodrich wallpaper direct from japan, suppose to be cheaper according to them, but i didn't really verify by comparing with other suppliers. Don't have the per unit cost with me, but hope this helps a little! : )

boheng

Hi neighbours, have u guys been to the reading room? i went in to have a look and saw a few pathetic magazines with torn cover pages on the shelf. Are these magazines bought using our Management fund? I also found some back dated newspaper in messy condition. Doesnt reflect well on Park Green. Might as well leave the shelf empty.

eijgnohz

Hi Merci Puku and tyg,

Thanks so much for your comments. That's very helpful.
happy.gif

They sell by rolls here, and one can get a roll (30 sq feet) at around USD$20 from wholesale centres (price varies by design). but it does not includes installation... will look around somemore...

tyg, I think your wallpaper costs is quite good considering that's a alot of wallpapering
happy.gif

limay

Boh Eng - maybe the residents can start leaving magazines that they have read & dont want anymore at the shelves? I was thinking of doing that - better than throwing them away. (stuff like Cleo, Her World, Design magazines...not sure about leaving FHM/Stuff thou, since kids might pick up & read them).

merci_puku

Hi,

Has anyone went over to the canteen of the nearby secondary school to take a bite ? I heard that the food is cheap and good instead of walking all the way to Rivervale Plaza.

boheng

Hi Limay, u got read FHM?? if our reading room got a copy, sure disappear one :p

Merci, i tot the sec sch canteen is only mean for its students and staff and not for outsider??

missylan

Merci,
I believe we outsider cannot dine inside a school canteen. Last time, when I was in sec, my friends and I walked over to pri school(connecting to my school type) and dine over there. We were reprimanded by the pri school prinicipal. The low prices of the food is for the privileges for the school... I don't think its good to dine there...
284615.png

rchtym

Hi guys,
I was told by management we can donate our unwanted magazines to the office, they will put a chop and display on the shelves.

Please do not remove those magazines from the reading room. Thank You
happy.gif

merci_puku

Hi,
I guess a hungry person just can't think so much :)My hubby say there is no such sign saying "Trespasser will be prosecuted" Anyway, he is there in shirt and tie last week and the staff there didn't gave him any trouble.
That's is why I am trying to ask around if it is indeed okay to try to eat at the canteen.

grin

Nope, don't think outsiders are allowed in schools. Would be disturbing for parents if they knew strangers can just walk into their kid's school, not safe.

limay

Boh Eng, we have loads of magazines...FHM, Her World,Stuff, etc all also have...will leave them in the reading room soon, better than throwing them out!
Hmm...would be great if we could eat across at the secondary school, but not sure if its appropriate...waiting for the coffee shops at the new HDB blocks (by Ranggung LRT) to open....
Okie, just arrived in Taiwan..gona see if i can get some shopping done later!
happy.gif

limay

Missylan, yah, here for meetings/presentation till Friday nite
happy.gif
Think tomorrow i am going to the gong guan nite market! When will u be here?

rchtym

Hi,
I was told those units who hang plants outside main door and planter ledge will be asked by security to remove them. The message was pass down by Roland. The reason is due to safety hazzard.

Hi limay,
Try go to Wu Fen Pu. They sell all sorts of cloths and shoes. The place is much bigger then Xi Meng Ting and cheaper also
happy.gif
Happy shopping.

rchtym

missylan,
I forgot the station name. But from the station you still have to walk about 20-30mins. They close at about 8-9. During summer they may extend the opening time. If you stay at hotel, ask the hotel concierge for the map and direction from the train station to walk there.
happy.gif

limay

Missylan, u are coming with hubby? I am alone here quite bored...going to be flying back on Friday afternoon thou. Yesterday, I discovered a subway 20min from my hotel ..going back there later after work to catch the train to the nite market! Boh hua if dont get any cheap shopping done!
biggrin.gif

limay

Thanks for the recommendation Rachel. Missylan, went to google & found this comment:

Your MRT Stop is Houshanpi (Blue Line) and Wu Fen Pu is opposite the station:
http://home.trtc.com.tw/EINFO/bigmap.asp?number=bl15
If you exit Wu Fen Pu at the Songshan Railway Station and go across the overhead bridge, you will arrive at Raohe Street Market.
Wu Fen Pu- best time after 4.30pm (All the garment shops should be open at this time) There is a really good Fried Chicken stand at the end of WuFenPu near the small park NT40/pc Large piece-try it if you are not Vegetarian and Raohe Street Market after 6.30pm (All the food stall should be open at this time) Chou ToFu here is good and the HuJiao Ping-you will see the line near the temple entrance. Worth going into the Matzu Temple there for a visit as well.

I might check this out instead
happy.gif

bing77

hi merci, that's good news. I have written to the developer to claim for 1.5 month's maintenance fee when they were doing the rectifying...although not as long as yours. i feel that we shouldn't pay when we dun even have the proper keys to our unit during this period! But so far, no response from developer yet. =(

Happylady, dun think we can do anything to the scratches. I think our parquet quite hard to maintain. once u drop something, there will be a dent or a scratch.

merci_puku

Hi Hui Bing,
As the CASE official say, even with all the evidence that the developer is at fault, there is still a chance whereby we cannot get a cent from them. Like your case, we didn't receive any response from developer even after serving them three lawyer letters. Now it is all in the hands of CASE.

Happylady, you should be able to fix your scratch if you get some similar color parquet varnish to cover the scratch to make it less obvious.
If your scratch is too deep, you can consider doing some sanding before varnishing.

samily

It seems like the marble floor that we have is very porous. I accidentally drip some juices and it seemed like they became permanent stains. Anyone know any solution to this? (I think this question has been posed before.)

It can't be I have to so careful for the rest of my life (or at least for the next 5 years) as not to spill anything especially when I have guests in my house.

merci_puku

There is why the maincon get stonelabs marketing staff to advise on how to maintain the marble and granite florr which we have during one of the meet the residents session.

The advice is to coat the marble floor with a layer of stone sealer to reduce the porous level on the marble so that a spill will not cause a stain immediately.

limay

We missed that resident's session & didnt get the sealant. Merci - what is the exact brand/type of sealant & any idea where we can buy it from? thanks! The granite floor at our shower cubicle is getting discoloured
sad.gif
Also find this place expectionally humid - mould seems to be growing in all places!We found some making intricate pattens in the glass containers of our candle holders! urgh...

arieson

Hi Limay and Happylady,

I don't think we got the sealant. Rather it is cleaning liquid that we have got. I think you have to buy the sealant. Try Home-fix at compasspoint or call them. If need, will check the contact on a delayed basis
happy.gif

Envy those not at work today. Such a good cooling day to sleep.

boheng

wah, this morning rain so heavily. The walk from PG to LRT under the heavy rain makes my shoe and skirt all wet... must get bigger umbrella next time.. our request for shuttle bus to MRT confirm no hope liao?

limay

Aries, anyone - what is the brand of the sealant?
Yah, was so lazy to go to work in the rain today..so ended up working from home..hehe. Boh Eng, dont think the other residents would agree to the shuttle bus also, cos a number do drive to work
sad.gif

arieson

Limay,

Think it is part of the range of Stone Care Lab but I think there are other similar products on sale too.

Wow, you so lucky, can work from home.

limay

Aries, thanks. Went to the DIY shop at Compass Point & got some other brand yesterday cos Stone Care Lab's products are quite expensive...hopefully will work as well.

tyg

anyone experience water leakage from the full length corner windows in the bedrooms i.e. where 2 panels of glass are joined at the corner? i suspect some leakage after a few occasion of extremely heavy rains - my timber flooring has dried water stains.

janett

Hi, I drive, so i am not trying to throw cold water..my fren, who is a top real estate agent came to visit & offered her professional advice. She said that compared to Rivervale, with an exit near the main Punggol Rd ( with more buses and nearer to MRT/LRT), Park Green is very inconvenient and will ntt attract buyers who dun drive or have family member that dun. She suggested to check what is the development plan at adjacent empty plot ( see if there is any commercial or shopping mall development to boost value) and at least have shuttle service as a selling point to attract prospects, else we will have difficulty to fetch good prices compared to Rivervale..oh no...

kyosho1

Hi Janett,
The value of ParkGreen will probably maintain. Anyway feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Reasons:
1) The PayaLebar expressway starts at the junction nearby.
2) The condo faces a beautiful park & a river/canal, with unblocked view
3) Balconies & full length window add some value
4) The condo price is cheaper than Rivervale to begin with, so not much to lose
5) The condo has larger built in area and better utilisation of space compared to Rivervale

corolla

strange, since Park Green is view as very inconvenient to non-driver, then why is Park Green 100% sold and from the look of our quite empty car park, not many Park Greeners drive.

missylan

But I notice there are increased of vehicles this month. But true, as I don't have a driving license, it is really inconvenient for me to go out. Most of the time, I on call cab. LRT have to walk pretty far, when reached sweat like siao liao!