Park Green

limay

Hey Boh Eng, I swam just once a couple of weeks back...was at nite, too dark, so didnt notice the worms. Are these the same as the centipedes around the main entrance?

bbmaru

Ladies,
All of you got it wrong lah... it's not centipedes or caterpillars or worms... they are millipedes... cos they curl up when you "disturb" them... It's kind of disgusting to see SOOO MANY crawling around, esp when they are in your way... I always try to avoid stepping on them when I walk... wonder when the management can totally eradicate them... it's being half a yr since TOP and this problem is still unresolved
sad.gif

boheng

Carol, oic, its millipedes
lol.gif

u know when going swimming, i walk with bare foot mah and what if i step on them, will they bite har? and will there be cases if someone accidentially shallow the millipedes when swimming coz i saw some millipedes at the bottom of the pool
crazy.gif

bbmaru

Ill!! the millipedes are invading PG!! They are everywhere... I wouldn't want to eat any of the millipede while swimming man!! Imagine they are still alive and struggling when you accidentally swallow them while swimming!!
crazy.gif

Dun think they will bite, but the thought of their "juice" spilling out when you step on them...gosh... that's enough to spoil my appetite for dinner
lame.gif

limay

haiyah, the tiny millipedes are nothing compared to what they eat on Fear Factor lah...keke.
lol.gif

But yah, dont know why we have an exceptional amount of dead millipedes along the driveway every morning!

ryue

I asked the management and they said these millepedes were from the plants around the estate, and that the pest control company is working on eradicating them but not so fast.... Anyway after the earthquake last week, I suddenly thought maybe there is a link between the appearance of so many millepedes before the quake and the earthquake itself.... maybe these creatures have some sort of "sensors"...

limay

Hui Bing, dont think the ants have anything to do with the quake lah...more cos there are now more residents, hence of food/rubbish for the insects to feast on.
sad.gif
Have also seen more black ants, and even a baby lizard the other day!

ryue

Did anyone ever count the number of security guards we employ? I thought besides the 3 'regulars' who always sit in the aircon guardroom chatting away (with the door wide opened wasting aircon!)...there are also 1 stationed at each of the side gates...and also 1 on patrol? Besides there's also CCTV cameras.....why do we need so many? Not that our place is very secured.... so many times my guests can just walk through without being stopped! Do we really need that many? Wonder if they are the cause of the high management fees.....

bbmaru

Ryue,
Will you be bringing up this issue during the residents' meeting this Sat? I think we shld "remind" them to be more cost efficient. I notice that some of the security couldn't even be bothered who's entering the premises.

I think the residents in PG need to be more considerate and pay more attentive to how they throw their rubbish. For food scraps, esp those which are thrown into the plastic bags... they ought to make sure that the bags are tied tightly and are thick enough to withstand the impact when they reach the bottom of the chute... cos those food scraps might just spill out of the bags and cause the food to decay in the chute and become smelly and infested with pests like cockroaches... Just 2 mths ago, the chute was still "odourless" but now whenever I open my chute to throw rubbish, I can smell the typical "rotten" rubbish chute smell... more pple have since moved in and started anyhow throwing their rubbish
sad.gif

Sometimes I feel that pple do things inconsiderately or they simply dun use their brains... they dun think about the consequences of their acts and how they will affect themselves and others. Now I still see pple anyhow throw their rubbish at the basement. So sad
sad.gif

corolla

Hi neighbours, i heard from the sat gathering that our main door is not made of fire proof solid timber door as stated in our sales and purchase agreement. Are they cheating on us?

corolla

The turn out on sat gathering is pathetic.. i see mostly children running around.. less pple are interested or all give up on feedback?

corolla

Hi Grin, i heard from the senior project manager that our current main door is fire-proof but not made of solid timber wood. i cant hear clearly what was his reply. but some kind of compress wood. should be cheaper than solid timber wood.

limay

We attended the gathering last Sat too..most people were more intent on eating & chatting amongst themselves than listening to the comments!
I suppose the turnout has dwindled cos nothing concrete really comes out from the meets anyways...Mgt committee's answers to the queries were all along the lines of "it complies with BCA specifications...", "we will look into it" (when we asked about the rain water coming into the front entrance area - they said that 6 months ago!)
The session was quite a waste of time.
sad.gif

arieson

Limay,

Agreed with you. Sometimes talking to the maincon is a waste of time. I would rather the money for organising the gathering be given to us to compensate us for the grivances we have over the maincon or be used for future gathering by our own MCST.

bing77

hi limay, i see. I was wondering where they come from. Anyway, I found the ants came in my unit from the corridor. Bought a big can of baygon yesterday, hopefully they will not returned.

I would like to highlight this to those staying in Blk 8, units 10 and 15, even storeys i.e those having balcony in the MBR. My neighbour just pointed out to me a startling discovery. Currently the balcony doors are two panelled and only one panel can be opened at any one time. However, if you see from the technical plan, both panels are supposed to be able to retract back into the room, so that the balcony opening is bigger. I am not sure if I am explaining this properly, but if you look at the technical drawing, you will understand. My neighbour has highlighted this to the developer and according to him, they were speechless and say they will get back to him.

arieson

Anyone has problems with the cleaning of dirty facade as stated in the list circulated to all of us? My neighbours were asking if we have to pay for the cleaning since it should be done by MA? But the dirtiness is not entirely our fault and some of them exist even before TOP!

limay

Aries, are u talking about the common area for each floor? Asked the mgt committee that (also when they will remove the clading/protection for the lifts) - they mentioned that occupancy is 80% now, so they will possibly remove the protection for one lift first. Will do a touch up when 90% of the residents have shifted in.

arieson

Yup but to include the external part of the building i.e. the outer side of the common area facing the open/ sky. Also who's paying = deduct from our maintenance fees since it is mentioned as mgt com?

limay

Aries, as far as i know, there is no intention to repaint the exterior in the near term. They will just touch up the foyer for each floor (cos of all the damage from people moving in, black marks etc). In anycase, yes - the $ would come from our maintenence fees.

monsterkid

hello all,

i would like to find out where can i buy the cultery tray for the kitchen drawers. has been looking up and down for a place sellingit. any idea where to get one? thanks.......

ahbeng

eh regarding the sat gathering hor. The food taste bad leh. And among the 2 loud speakers, only 1 is working. Somemore it has too much echo and couldnt hear a thing abt what they are mumbling abt over the microphone leh.

eijgnohz

Hi Hui Bing, Ah Eng,

I dun understand the point about the balcony doors in the MBR? Is there a problem with the doors? Mine is a 3-panelled door and both ends can be opened at the same time...can explain the problem again?

There have been alot of big flying ants in my living area for the past weeks or so... dunno where they come from... They are attracted to the lights and I have to turn off the lights to drive them out. When that failed, I simply use my vacuum cleaner and suck them away
crazy.gif
They will bit if you trap them. Those with small kids will have to be careful, since they ants may bite your child if they have it in their clothes. Think they came in becos of the wet weather early last week.

wrt the security guards, I really think employing so many lazy ones is a waste of money. On my way to the airport at 5am last thur morning, both of the security guards at the guardhouse were actually sleeping!!! what's the point of having guards when they are not even guarding??!

boheng

Hi monsterkidz, i got my cultery tray at Carrefore.

Hi EIG, u got flying ants in ur living room?? which blk u from har?

bbmaru

Ah Beng,
You were there?? Hee hee... I was still wondering that day if you were there... and if so, which one was you... anyway, you didn't go out and voice your opinion leh...

Hey Monsterkiz,
You can also check out Ikea. Ttheir cutley tray was at a very low price (my recollection was that it was less than $3).

EIG,
You should have woken those guards up and tell them it's time to work...
lame.gif
. Think we should feedback to the management that the security guards are over-employed.

Also, what an ingenious way to deal with the flying ants...

Anyway did anyone notice that the millipedes are already making their way to our units?? If you open your windows, they will crawl in to your house and some through the door sill cos I see a few crawling along the corridor... Think the pest controlling company needs to use a stronger chemical to get rid of them asap... they are now EVERWHERE!!!
crazy.gif

boheng

Carol, u attended the sat gathering? u got ask questions? The ikea cutley tray is too big for our kitchen cabinet... cannot put inside the cabinet.. the Carrefore one is just nice. As for the millipedes, i already found one crawling at my living room some time back.

arieson

Carol,

Could it be some cheap soil that our developer is using...I never see so many milipedes in my life..more cow dung smell whenever we move into HDB flat but not milipedes.

We should not say the guards are overemployed but rather they should be more diligent i.e. at one time only 1 can sleep. EIG, since you are going airport, maybe you could take a photo as evidence?

arieson

boh eng,

must have before and after (the blur blur look after waking up) like those advertisement on slimming centre ones hor
happy.gif

ah_eng

EIG,
mine is a 2 panelled doors.

The ikea tray was too big for my drawes too. I got mine from those neihgbourhood shops. They have a few sizes of trays to choose from.

Was at the gym last week. There was this woman who monopolise the treadmill for one full hr. Another guy who came in later than her. Waited for half an hr and gave up waiting. I thot I read somewhere that in peak hr time, each is allowed only 30mins of usage of the machine?

bbmaru

Boh Eng,
Hee, yup, I attended the Sat's gathering with my hubby. I did make comments during the dialogue session. There weren't that many pple who went up to comment... no prize for guessing correctly which one is me
lame.gif

Is the Ikea one too big?? Oh, I was still thinking of buying it... now I can check out Carrefour instead... how much does it cost?

I would have freaked out if I see one crawling in my living room!!!
crazy.gif

Aries,
I did see millipedes (big ones!) when I first move into Seng Kang... but then they disappeared in just a few months after more pple moved in... but it doesn't seem to be so for PG
sad.gif
Maybe what you said is right... could be the soil they use...

boheng

Carol, are u the lady who wear specs?

I cant remember how much i pay for the Carrefour one.. should be around $3 to $4.

monsterkid

thanks a lot...will pop by carrefour sometime this week to take a look at the tray.

btw, do you all have a problem when you cook with the stove?
me kind of smell something funny everytime I cook using the stove on the left bottom one.
seems like something burning...the smell emitted is like one burning plastic....
wonder if the cabinet top is too weak to take the heat emiited from the stove...

boheng

btw did any of u hear a Malay woman talking very loudly in Malay, like scolding pple, around 1am last nite? i was waken up by it but went back to sleep.

monsterkid

boh eng,
did not hear any malay lady talking but heard a baby crying loudly at ard 1230am.....

aries,
funny...me on the hood before but still got the funny smell. particularly if using the left bottom one...

monsterkid

boh eng,
me stay at blk 10. the smell not from the stove but seems like from the cabinet top next to stove.
Quite hot when touch on it.

ahbeng

Hi Carol, yah I was there just to test the food and kapo a bit loh. Because I want to keep myself updated about the latest complains that the residents have mah. I didn't voice out any complain lah because I scared later I may get heated up things might go out of hand leh. I dun wish to be famous leh. hehe....

Anyway , after I had tested the Horrible food and learning that I couldn't hear a thing from the loud speaker about what they were talking, I went home to watch my DVDs instead loh. I think I was there for less than 15mins. I was wearing blue short and white T Shirt loh.

By the way , I would like to complain that the food not nice leh. And the 2 loud speakers look so big but useless leh. I wonder what is the point of puting 2 big loud speakers and yet ppl couldn't hear a thing? Just like our water filter at the kitchen. Look very good but it is a water wasting device leh. Dun you think so? :)-)

Nevertheless, it was a good effort for the managment ppl to have organise such gathering events leh. So far I am very happy living here loh ..