Park Green

bbmaru

Test,
Hmmm... now it makes me wonder whether those staying in the penthouses are paying a low maintenance or us who are paying high maintenance fees??

Didn't they know that there's a big diff between 101sqm and 200sqm?

I guess we have to accept the fact that the share value is not going to change... cos no penthouse owner will be so dumb to agree to change their current 4 share value to anything more. Who wants to pay more??
sad.gif

Hey Fanta,
Yes, I know about that. So now it boils down to one question... what is FAIRNESS??

Uh ha, can those who sign up as volunteers speak on our behalf...feedback to the MC that we badly need FAIRNESS??
lol.gif

limay

Well, whilst we are on the topic of fairness, didnt they say that the property tax will be 10% from TOP date till the day we shift in, and if we applied for the concession, 4% thereafter? That also doesnt make sense no? Being charged property tax assuming we are earning rental income when we dont even have the keys to the unit issued!!
sad.gif
Of cos that one is a govt issue, not something we can rectify through the mgt committee!

limay

Carol, is that what u did? Any fees involved? 10% for 3 months (Oct-Dec04) is not that much to bother about...might just leave it.

hypoxia

er... just like to check .. how much u guys paid for your day and night curtains... as in for the entire house.. need it as a gauge ... any reco for curtains?? thanks

grin

Hi Limay,
You won't get 3 months refund, just the time between TOP and Notice of vacant possession (less than 1 month). No fees involved, my lawyer isn't charging me.

kyosho1

Hi Adrian (hypoxia)

It is interesting why you use "hypoxia"
happy.gif

Anyway, just to let you know, I was quoted close to $1000 to fix the railings only.
[But I DIYed my own railings at a fraction of the price, few hundred % cheaper
happy.gif
]

The $ of curtains depends on the grade of cloth you choose. (Johor prices are 50% cheaper.)

I believe your total expenditure may cost between $1500 to $3000 and even higher if your requirements are higher.

boheng

aiyo, even a few cents tax refund must also get back from Developer. They have been taking lotsa money from us liao.

missylan

Adrian,
My study room+living room are using day curtain($14/m). Guest room is like $7/m, my son's room is $18/m and my master is $25/m... + tracks,pulley, total close to $2500.

Done by Sin Mah Decorama... You may find Susan

grin

ah eng
You need to send 4 documents to your lawyer
- Notice to pay tax
- Statement of Account
- Computation of Tax (these 3 are from the IRAS letter)
- Evidence that you've paid the property tax.

You lawyer wil forward them to NTUC's lawyers who will calculate the refund and we'll get it back as a cheque. My lawyer won't charge for this, but better check with your own.

Adrian,
My curtain guy charged abt $1600 to do the whole flat. I did day+nite curtains for living and M bedrm, roman blinds for dining and bay window bedrm, vertical blinds for full-length window bedrm.

bing77

Hi test, can you let me know who is the person that you have been liasing with from NTUC Choice Homes? What is the email addy?

BTW, check with you all. Do we need to make payment for maintenance fees this month for the next 3 months? Cos the GIRO application form only mentioned the Jul payment and it has been 6 months since TOP in Sep so we need to pay from Apr to Jul right? Actually, we shd be charged maintenance fees only after the defects have been rectified but we still got to pay. Not fair.

ryue

Is anyone here interested in "volunteering" their services for the estate? Received a flyer lately calling for Volunteers...

boheng

they didnt say to volunteer to do wat leh.. wait ask u to fix the lift in the middle of the nite how.. our lifts always got grounded during nite time.

limay

Grin - so how much is the refund u are getting for the property tax?
I suppose the volunteer for mgt committee would be to take over the existing ctee's duties...admin stuff, get workers to change fused bulbs in common areas, etc..wonder if there are any perks attached? (like lower mgt fees)

grin

I don't know how much yet Limay. I guess less than $100. Still it only costs 25cents to post, so it's still worth it.

ryue

Can we lobby for management to construct washing bays at the carpark? Preferably one below each block.... There are many car owners washing their cars near the taps at the carpark and flooding the surrounding areas afterwards. Not very safe...especially the mix of oil & water might cause old folks and young kids to slip and break some bones.

limay

Are there taps at the carpark that residents can use? I thought the taps all required keys...
There is another meet the neighbours session next Sat..is anyone planning to attend that?

hypoxia

yo kyosho1, missylan and grin... thanks for the help.. needed the info..

reno work almost done.. finally can get to move in... *sigh paid 6 months of m.fees but not even staying in it yet, 3 months of which are for the defects ...

hope to join u guys for the gatherings real soon.. cheers

limay

Adrian, what defects did you have to rectify? Must have been mega major ones to have to waste 3 months
sad.gif
Well, am sure its all well worth it!
happy.gif

Ohh..Alvin, so how about the BBQ? I am assuming its off, since we already have the residents gathering this Sat ya (free food included)...we will be attending this one since we missed the last 2...

boheng

For this round gathering, the talk is on air-con maintenace rite.. dunno whether will they give out air-con filter as door gift or not
lol.gif

bbmaru

Bo Eng,
Well, I do hope they do give the purifier/filter as free gift
lame.gif
. You know that the green colour purifier fitted onto the filter has to be changed frequently (ideally). Wonder how much that cost... they (NTUC) are always giving us things that require high maintenance
sad.gif

Limay,
Think the 10% tax to be claimed from the developer might amount to $100+ (depending on the period between the TOP and reno/move in date). I will definitely claim it from them (like what Bo Eng said "even a few cents few cents tax refund must also get back").

limay

Carol, okie...tell me if you can get the lawyers to make the claim FOC. We got the revised statement for the property tax, our claim would also be $100+ but if its troublesome, wont bother lah. Lazy.

arieson

Carol, I think that's why we receive a proposal for maintenance contract soon after you get the house. Quite a lot of money to pay for if we subscribe to the contract.

boheng

Carol, i didnt know that the air con green colour purifier got to change frequently.. how frequent?? change every three months??

Aries, got proposal for maintenance contract meh? they send to u? i dont think i saw it leh.

bbmaru

Hey Bo Eng,
Ya, I think it's something like 3 mths or so. Got to check the aircon Manual.

I also did receive the maintanence contract letter... dun think I want to contract them to maintain my aircon... like what Aries said, it's pretty ex!
sad.gif

hypoxia

boh eng, big toes ... there were lots of defects.. think u ppl encounter the same thing... the issue is they promise to get the defects done but it always turn out otherwise.. furthermore the adjacent items gotten damaged instead...!!

u guys realise that thers no blk numbers at the lift areas.. taxis got this problem looking for the blks... the signage at the carpark is pathetic...

do u guys have to pay the 10% tax first even after submiting the form?? i was informed to pay 10% first then they will refund the the balance as per 4%

I must agree that the aircon servicing is pretty x... can DIY i think ..

cheers

merci_puku

Hi Adrian,

I believe you should be able to claim from developer for the un-utilized maintenance fees as long as you have not signoff for main door key and also prove that delays was due to maincon.

ah_eng

Good morning. Hope everyone is okie after the tremors in PG
happy.gif

Anyone want to share your experience.
My family is too deeply asleep except my hubb who feels his hands trembling.

limay

Adrian, for our case, we bugged them abit then got fed up, & basically lived with the minor defects remaining. As for the 10%, we paid the full amount, then received the letter approving our refund (net owing to us) - have to ask for reimbursement, else carry forward the amount till the next annual payment.

Ah Eng...what tremors? From the Sumatra quakes?

ah_eng

Limay,
Yes!

Merci,
Limay mentioned yesterday -
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 3:15 pm:
--------------------------------------------------

Ohh..Alvin, so how about the BBQ? I am assuming its off, since we already have the residents gathering this Sat ya (free food included)...we will be attending this one since we missed the last 2...

woody_jude

hi,
i definitely felt the tremors... was in the master toliet when suddenly my face (in the mirror) started shaking, felt giddy, then the door oso shaking and my shower hose swinging... thot my toliet gona collapse! Pray that PG is tremors-proof man..

bbmaru

Jun,
Really?? What time was that? I bathed at 11+ but din felt anything... was awake until 1+ but also felt nothing... but my hubby said he felt kind of giddy (as if he was swaying involuntarily) after midnight... oh.. so that's the tremor!

limay

Sumatra is on the west coast of Spore, how come people in Seng Kang reported feeling the tremors as well? (we slept through it)...
Alvin, we can all just catch up at the resident's gathering this Sat loh.
happy.gif

boheng

PG also felt the tremors? i tot onli old building will be shaky. PG so new and its structure shall be very stable rite... anyway, we also slept thru it.

bbmaru

Hey Bo Eng,
Yesterday I was talking to my mil about the tremors experienced in PG... and accordingly to her (if she didn't remember wrongly), part of SK used to be soft swarmy land... and that includes PG and the nearby area. In the past before SK came into being, it was still called Punggol (I think) and the area near PG used to flood whenever it rained... due to the river and the swarm... so I guess the ground PG is built on is a little softer than the normal land... maybe that explains why we can feel the tremor... really hope PG's foundation is strong to withstand future tremors... scary!
kao_scared.gif

limay

Calix, are u new to this forum? Which block are u at?
happy.gif

Don't think most of us are concerned about aircon purchase now than on maintenence & electricity conservation. Thanks anyways.

boheng

Hi Limay, how often u use the swimming pool? Just last weekend, i still see a lot of worms crawling around the pool area. so scared that i will step on them with my bare foot.