Park Green

ah_eng

limay,
how i envy u

last nite i saw one couple washing their car in the carpark. Is this allowed now? And they are using the common tapwater.

bbmaru

Hey all,
Think the "hot and cold water" syndrome is getting worse... even my hubby is complaining about it... and it become worse (only cold water flows out of the showerheads) if more than one tap is being turned on...Anyone experiences that?

Also, I have noticed that there are already houseflies and fruitflies (on top of the nasty mosquitoes) in our premises... it's been only 4-5 mths since PG was first occupied and now we are already facing such pests problems (all thanks to those inconsiderate residents anyhow throwing their rubbish and leaving them exposed, subjecting them to the breeding of pests)... so sad
sad.gif

limay

Hey Carol, Yah, the water temperature & pressure is quite bad..ours doesnt get hot till after a while & by then I am already done showering! And when it does get hot, it would be too hot suddenly, have to be careful not to get scalded
sad.gif

Haven't been bitten by mossies lately, & no houseflies & fruitflies yet...but hubby pointed out to me a unit on the ground floor that looks extremely untidy (faded gound sheet, lots of karang guni stuff, old tins, newspapers etc..)at the balcony. I dont think we have a right to criticise since its their personal space, but now that I have noticed it, it is quite an eyesore...

missylan

I saw houseflies only. By the way, yesterday afternoon, they came up to spray the mosquitoes stuff. Me carry baby and run the hell away from it.

Carol,
sorry... e-mail you tomorrow. going to bath baby liao...

ah_eng

Anyone of u got ur property tax?
Dun understand why IRAS tax us using a 10% tax rate. Have to fill up form to get the owner-occupied concessionary rate of 4%. So troublesome!

dracwy

hey ah eng,
we juz got our property tax too. yeah, muz fill up the claim form to get concessionary rate of 4%. gonna send out the claim form soon. keep us informed once u receive the revised tax amount ok? we'll keep everyone informed too.
btw, what's ur tax from sep 04-dec 05? ours at 10% is S$1240.25...
sad.gif

ah_eng

dracwy,
cannot remember the exact amt. But it's also slight above $1,200. Think the amount will not varies much. Only urs abit more cos ur unit area is bigger. But I do remember that the AV of my unit is $9,600.

bbmaru

Ah Eng,
Then yours might be just a wee bit lower cos my AV is $9,900. Think they based it more or less on area... then those who stay at the ground flr with PES will pay more, no?

ah_eng

Carol,
shd be this way mah....the bigger ur unit, the higher the rental u can fetch, so the more tax u pay...kekeke

boheng

Hi, yesterday when i return home, i saw the GIRO form slot between my door handle. btw issit compulsory to pay the maintenace fees via GIRO?

when it comes to taking money from us, they are so efficient and when it comes to ratifying our defects and taking actions to our feedbacks/suggestions so slow!

limay

Boh Eng, yah..every where is the same...even the travel agent still owes refund for an activity that was cancelled, & our tour was 3 months ago! Take money then very fast
sad.gif

Hmm..the property tax commences from 30th Sept 2004 (TOP) - no grace period even, they are assuming that we rented/shifted in from then, even though all of us didnt get keys till way later!

boheng

Limay, write to the CEO of the travel agent to complaint.. or write to Straits Times Forum
happy.gif

Since we got evidence when we collected our keys, can we claim back the ppty tax from the Developer?

limay

Boh eng, no lah...they arent not returning the $..just claimed that they have to get refund from the overseas company conducting the tour first before they can refund us, and will take "a few months"
uhoh.gif

missylan

property tax can pay thru instalment one.. interest free for 12 mths. I recall my hubby did that, only fill up the giro form, right?

ah_eng

Missylan,
yes u right!

My hubb went personally down to IRAS yday to submit the concessionary rate form. The officer told my hubb that they need about 1-2mths to process. So meantime, we will hv to pay for the property tax first. If by giro, the refund will be credited back to our a/c.

boheng

Hi neighbours, yesterday, i noticed we got new zebra crossing leading to the guard house... wat's the Management going to do next? install traffic lights?
lol.gif

alvin

Hi Boh Eng,

I also noticed that we got zebra crossing leading to the guard house. No bad lah, at least the management is doing something. Btw, do you know that both lift in blk 12 broke down around 11 plus yesterday?

boheng

Alvin, has the lift back to its working condition this morning? I think this is not the first time the lift went on strike... sometime ago in Jan or Feb, the lifts in my block also went on strike and we complaint to the guard house to get the lifts working ASAP.. coz we are not going to climb the stairs
crazy.gif

bbmaru

Alvin,
Wow, so late then you come home?? Well, actually the lifts did not break down, but were grounded due to the alarm... was that a fire alarm? I was panicked for a while when the alarm went off cos I dunno what happened and it was so loud when I opened my door to check... Anyone knows what happened?

Zebra crossing? What will that solve? Lesser likelihood of an accident? We still do not have a proper pavement for walking into PG. NTUC should have applied for an approval to widen drive-in area and make a pavement for pedestrians instead... why "zhi biao bu zhi ben"?

bbmaru

Boh Eeng,
Actually I dun mind having an overbridge linking straight into PG... but it must have security features (maybe like a card scanning device) and escalator...
lol.gif
Hey, who knows, our ppty price might rise after they build such a bridge...cos we will be the FIRST to have an overhead bridge to link into PG!

NTUC will be so proud to have that, just like what they felt about the drying ledge
lame.gif

alvin

Hi Boh Eng,

The lift back to mormal this morning.

Hi Carol,

No lah, I was downstair with some of the PG neighbours (Discussion on how PG can improve)....keke

We are suggest that if the reading room can change to karaoke room & the level above the function room can change to a putting green.... what do u think?

bbmaru

Alvin.
Hmmm... putting green?? That's a gd idea provided it's ensured that no one (esp those at the pool) will be hit by the golf balls
lame.gif

As for the karaoke room, it's not a bad idea, though I think it's a bit small (if there's a big group) and it may cost us a considerable sum of $$. Soundproofing it and buying audio equipment are not cheap, plus we must have a relative large collection of music VCDs in order to make the idea of having a karaoke room work. That's my personal view lah...

boheng

haha, sicali beside looking out for flying tennis balls when at the pool area, we need to look out for flying golf balls too!!
biggrin.gif

samily

Hi Carol,

With regard to your concern on people throwing rubbish inconsiderately (eg, outside the lift). A suggestion to the management could be to ask the security to monitor through the cameras who is doing that and educate those people the right way of disposing their unwanted stuffs.

Maybe we can find out from those people why they do that.

bbmaru

Hi Samily,

Knowing Singaporeans, those inconsiderate pple might just ask me to mind my own business if I ask them why they do that
lame.gif

I dun think our security guards are competent enough to handle so many things at one time... can you imagine 3 guards at the guard house at a time can't even handle the stream of vehicles coming into PG, let alone asking them to monitor the camera for litterbugs?
sad.gif

Even if they do monitor, they might not be able to know which unit they are from, since they would have littered and leave the place before the security guard reaches there.

This pple are giving us headaches... I really dun wish to see that PG is infested with pests so soon. Remember we mentioned that we spotted rats earlier (during the key collection stage)? If the rat problem has not been totally eradicated, then these inconsiderate pple are creating opportunites for those rats to breed by giving them food!
angry.gif
*faint*

bbmaru

Betty,
You still remember Thu is our "swimming day"
happy.gif
You are really serious about learning swimming... even go and borrow a float.

I can't join you girls tonight leh... you girls have fun
happy.gif

telok

Carol
Ya lor, take it as an exercise for me, but if nobody going tonight, then I will not swim, no fun....So, Ah Eng, EIG, how?

limay

Speaking of swimming, i noticed that there is an instructor conducting swimming lessons for kids on Sunday...is she also a resident here? Guess its extremely convenient for the parents & their kids to have the lessons downstairs, as long as its not an outsider making use of the pool for own profit...

ah_eng

Betty,
sorry...today i comtemplating to go window shopping for my baking utensils or swimming...haven decide wat to do yet. I get Carol to send me ur phone #...if I decide to swim, I sms u, okie?

Limay,
hmmm...issit been approve for private swimming lessons to be conducted in our pool? I am still waiting for the approval leh.

janett

I tot the guardhouse barrier bar should be at least shortened, maybe NTUC can ask for an exchange to a shorter one, so that the space between it can be wider. I have seen shorter barrier bars at other condos

bing77

Hi anybody having problems getting the contractor to do up the defects? I sent in my defects list 3 weeks ago. Called several times and they always say they will call me back, but they din! And the lady answering the phone was so rude.

missylan

Hui Bing,
Which blk are you in? Have you moved in? I'm in 12(my contractor is fine, nice and friendly guy)... the lady who answered my calls is cool, no problem with her. Maybe mine is another lady. And I've called contractor up for 3 occasions liao. 1st is the unlockable study room+balcony doors, 2nd is the CLEVER water heater and 3rd is the kitchen filter tap. Beri fast leh, I called them, within 1hr the contractor come to my unit.

Or your problem is BIG problem? Maybe too serious ones, they have to write in/fax in to consult their boss first. Hahahaa... just joking

janett,
To add in, there is no side door at the main entrance. Most ppl will alight cab etc at the guard house one mah... They should include 1 side door there. Most cond. have side doors in front 1. Ours is SO SPECIAL! Tell you aah... till now I still don't know where the hell are the side doors cos me haven't go downstairs racky...

ah_eng

Huibing,
My hubb dun hv a problem fixing appts with the contractors to come to our place for rectification. Once or twice, they will 'forget' about our appointment. But so far, no displeasure aroused.

Missylan,
u shifted in for few weeks already still hv not wacky the whole place? Mayb shd ask Alvin to conduct an orientation program for u :p

ah_eng

Alvin,
I only know the one at Rivervale plaza.

Btw...u guys got problems wif fruitflies in the toilet? I dun understand why my MBR bathroom got such 'pests'
kao_angry.gif

bing77

hi, missylan, i am in blk 8, already moved in. Basically, I want them to quickly rectify the kitchen electricity tripping problem which i highlighted here a few weeks ago cos I can't do any major cooking without the hood.

The first few times I called, the lady say they will need to check with the supervisor Jichang and call me back, but no response for 3 weeks. Also dun wan to give me his hp. Last Fri I called, another lady answered and said she will get back to me that day and she did, so the appt has been fixed.

Heh, I got the supervisor's hp so I can call him direct, better than going through the office.

boheng

Hi neighbours, for those of u whose gas water heater got hot, cold, hot, cold syndrome, it's best to complain to the contractor to fix it for u coz my gas water heater temp is consistent liao after servicing
happy.gif

bbmaru

Hi Alvin,
There is a POSB ATM kiosk/outlet which houses 2 or 3 ATM at Rivervale Plaza. There's also one more at the side entrance of NTUC supermarket at Rivervale Plaza.

Ah Eng,
I know the kind of "flies" you are talking about. It's grey in colour and looks pretty disgusting one... they are not fruitflies (fruitflies are brown in colour and attracted to food, esp fruits). The ones you saw are "moth-like" which I dunno what their names are but I call them "toilet moths". They like attracted to damp and wet environment, hence toilet is their best hideout. Some like to rest on the wet bath towels. That day I saw a few and I spray them with my disinfectant and that's the end of them
lol.gif

Try to keep your toilet dry after the last person in the house has bathed to prevent them from breeding. If I'm not wrong, their young are worm-like... so if you do scrutinise, you will see tiny worms squriming on your showering cubicle (but since our toilet tiles are black, you can hardly see them unless you use the magnifying glass... they will be more obvious if you have plain white tiles
lame.gif

Boh Eng,
I'm gonna call the contractor (is it the main con or the pple from the heater company??) to service liao...