Pangkor Laut Resort

tiara

Hi Gals/Guys

Has anyone of you here been to Pangkor Laut resort before? Care to share your experience...

muffin_bear

hi, wanted to go this dec but after checking out their website, realise v ex $800-1200RM per nite! do u know any agent can book at cheaper rate?

tiara

Hi muffin_bear

Dec is the peak period. I contacted YTL Travel and it's S$380 per person for 3D/2N but from Jan 5 onwards. You can try loggin on to kiasuholiday.com to have a look.

orchid

i stayed at Pan Pacific Pankor. really nice place and not as expensive as Pankor Laut. hope u know that you will need to take a 9hr coach ride from singapore to Lumut to get the ferry to pangkor. or go to KL and its 3hr coach/drive from there.

tiara

muffin_bear, I contacted YTL via the kiasuholiday website. Yep, that only includes hotel staff ferrying you from Lumut jetty to the island.

orchid, if taking the coach to Lumut - is the bus terminal far from the Lumut jetty?

muffin_bear

i had stayed at Pan pacific Pangkor 10 years ago, can't really remember the place lah.. will be going to ipoh this dec so is quite near, 1 hr away i tink. ya, maybe stay panpac, much cheaper...

sept03bride

Hi all,
i hv booked my holiday with ytl travel.. will be going this coming 21st Nov
update u guys abt that place... but heard reviews that this place is great

tiara

Hi sept03bride

Wat about your transport there - how did you settle that? I assume you are going on the 3D/2N tour...?

sept03bride

Hi tiara,
we booked the bus tickets outside and as for the ferry, when we reach the port then we will buy the tics from there
Yes will be goin for a 3d2n, wif a free spa thrown in heehee good deal {smile}

sept03bride

Hi Lim,
my sis bought the bus tics from Grassland

Hi Tiara,
after we signed up right, we received those circulated mails stating that if we were to sign up between a certain period, we will be entitled to a free spa session.
Then my sis felt that we deserved to have it, so she negotiated with the agency. Initially they refused to give it to us, but my sis was persistent, then in the end, they gave in to us

podolly_gantan

hi mushloom
happy.gif

i went to pangkor laut in april. absolutely no regrets
happy.gif

the service was wonderful n the food was much better than banyan tree bintan :p

try to get the package which include the meals then it will be very worth it. fyi, i stayed @hill villa. got a gd view of the sea n sunrise.

ekiror

Hi doll

Any pics to share at pangkor laut.....seems like a great place for getaway...is it expensive? How much did you pay for it and how days?

podolly_gantan

hi planner,

hmm it is expensive if u book from sg agency. i book directly with YTL centre. pay via credit card no need to pay additional credit card surcharge. it's prepayment basis.

They will email you an authorization form, then u just have to fill in the details anf fax back to Malaysia. Singpost charged me $1.60 for the IDD fax.

I paid SG690 coz i had additional discount coz was a YTL member

the standard price is RM799 nett per person for 3D2N

- Two nights accommodation in an hill/garden villa
- 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch and 2 dinner and non-alcoholic beverages consumed while dining
- Government taxes and service charges
- ferry transfer

podolly_gantan

hi planner,

forgot to add that the rooms doesn't have a TV. so some night not like it.

u can email : [email protected] for more packages. coz i deleted the packages they sent me. there is 1 more which has spa. then there is their spa villa package also. u need to top up for beach or sea villa. i dun feel it's worth it. heeh to me hill villa is gd enuf coz there's a lift going up. the pix r below.
happy.gif

podolly_gantan

hi sunjade, dun mind me KPO :p

it's SG32 for sri maju. Grassland is SG36 i tink
one way.

from lumut to sg, the fare is RM42 if i m not wrong.

pinkblusher

Yep has been to the actual resort and it's absolutely beautiful... but kinda a hassle getting there as we took a lifhgt to KL, then a drive to the jetty then a ferry to the Island..

A better bet would be Bintan or Phuket...

astrogirl

may i noe how to go Pangkor laut actualli? book thru tour agency or wat? any recommendation for tour agency, booking website, transport & accomodation? i prefer staying near the beach, but must be nice & affordable... more budget type.

thesamboras

Question about the marine life there...those who have stayed in the water villas, do you actually see marine life just underneath the villas? Are the waters clear enough for you to jump in for a swim? From the website pic, the waters don't look blue and sparkly to me like maldives...

marnie

Pangkor Laut is a private island itself. It's beautiful. You have to book through the resort's website.

We stayed in the Spa Village which is the corner most water villa (the waters are much much cleaner than say 2-3 years ago and yes, you can see tonnes of marine life as you are sitting out on your villa's verandah. But I didn't jump into the water though near the villas though - we went to the other side of the island to get into the waters.

Of course, Pangkor Laut cannot compare to Maldives as Maldives is made up of coral islands - food for marine life itself.

strawbemily

Comments from tripadvisor.com was saying that the waters underneath the sea villas are dirty. Only the waters at emerald bay is nice, but there are comments about sea lice there too.

yangyen

Hi ppl, I am interested in gg there too! Besides Pan Pacific, anyone stayed in other hotels too? Is there any budget hotels there??