Pan Pacific Singapore

dell

Hi everyone.
happy.gif

Pan Pac was the first hotel that i viewed ... and i was actually quite keen on it cos i liked the feeling as i entered the hotel.

However their price is $822 nett for next year and i wonder if it is worth paying so much for it (abt $100 more than places like Hilton which gives abt the same stuff).

Could you kind gals who have decided for it OR against it air your reasons here? This is urgent cos i'm about to make a decision. Thanks!
happy.gif

dell
happy.gif

G

gayle

Hi Dell,

I think that one of the reasons why the price went up so much is bcos Pan Pac has become increasingly popular after their ballrm revamp. Well, its impt to not just look at the price but the stuffs they throw in. If beer/liquor is an important feature in your wedding, do factor in the cost of that as there are really expensive and would greatly escalate your final bill. From what I know, Pan Pac would readily throw in another complimentary barrel of beer on top of what they have in their package. This would help save costs. Other than this, look out for corkage charges for liquor that you bring in. Actually, the figure that was quoted was a nett amount, which means that it would have been around $730+++. The effect of actually using the before +++ instead of quoting an outright net amount is quite apparent!

At the end of the day, as much as cost is important, don't let it be the ONLY factor that you take into consideration for your wedding. I have heard good reviews about Pan Pac and it has a rather different feel from alot of hotels.

All the best and remember to enjoy your decision making process!
happy.gif

dell

Hi Gayle!
Thanks for giving me some feedback.
happy.gif
You mentioned that they quite readily throw in another complimentary barrel of beer on top of what they have in their package. Does this mean that we should be asking for another barrel of beer on top of the free 30L that they have alredy promised us? Do you know the name of the banquet manager who have done this?

Thanks!
happy.gif

T

tnp

hope this is not too late ... i hv chosen panpac and yes, i think u can ask for additional barrel of beer, esp if u hv more tables than their min. their theme decor is v appealing, unlike many other hotels.

so, hv u decided?
happy.gif

dell

I'm actually waiting for pan pac to send their contract over. However my banquet manager did not agree to the extra barrel of beer. In fact, she didn't even agree to increasing the %tage of cards (we wanted 80% lah)
sad.gif
Hope she won't make us pay for the extra cards that we would need although she said she can give us a few more free.

So glad to have found someone who have signed up with pan pac. When is your wedding?
happy.gif

T

tnp

my wedding is next year May. do look thro the contract carefully and if u feel u hv many guests consuming beer, do factor in the costs and see if the total costs is w/in ur budget.

for more cards, i think most shd be ok nearer the date to ask for more. u may really not need 80% (more cards will incur higher printing costs), so decide later loh. concentrate on asking for additional beer instead.
happy.gif
how many tables do u hv? if u hv more than 40, i think u can try negotiate for this. at least an additonal 20 litres, maybe??

clare

Hi all
I've just had my wedding dinner held at Pan Pac over the weekend - went smoothly and the banquet folks were great. Let me know if you have any questions!

clare

dell

I have about 30 tables which is the min for Ocean Room on the 2nd floor. Prob that's why the banquet manager refused to give us the extra barrel.
sad.gif
Anyway we're really not sure how much our guest will drink. Just praying that they won't drink over the free 1 barrel.
happy.gif

Cards wise, cos my friends are mostly singles and I'm not really keen on inviting the boyfriends whom i don't really know, that's why i predict i may need more.

So how's your wedding preparation coming about, tnp?
happy.gif

T

tnp

hi,

things are ok now. once the banquet venue is settled, guess i wun hv much to worry abt, until it's time for gown selection for fotoshoot, which shd be in 3-4 mths' time. now, i'm just glad i can relax for the time being.
happy.gif
indeed, i think for 30 tables, it's hard to negotiate for more. but no harm trying and insisting ... u lose your bargaining power once u pay your deposit, so it's now that u bargain!!
wink.gif

and hi clare, glad ur wedding went smoothly. i went down last mth to view the theme decors and chance upon their rehearsal and briefing, veri professional and when i talk to a senior staff, he's veri polite and professional. i think the floor managers are kinda strict on their waitressing crew too, which spells gd news for us if they take our weddings so seriously!
happy.gif

sue

Hi, Clare. I'll be having my dinner at the Pan Pac really soon. Which theme decor did you choose? I'm thinking of the candle theme right now. Any feedback on this?

dell

Hi Clare. Good to hear that your wedding dinner went smoothly.
happy.gif
May i ask what was included in your package? If you don't mind, could you please list the stuff out? :p Sorry ahh, me so troublesome, but please don't feel obliged to do it unless you really have time.
happy.gif

tnp, yah i agree that its the time to bargain now... but how? Help! Help!

T

tnp

hi dell,

try to tell them u hv a veri tight budget to work with and if they don't give u additional beer, the cost would hv exceeded your budget already ... and u may hv to consider other choices. i believe your budget is considered reasonably high since u are considering panpac and i'm sure they want your business too. else, if they still refuse more beer, then at least go for other things which may add costs, such as nett prices for additional beer at lower prices, waiver of corkage for wines ... and changing some dishes to lower your costs may be ok too if u wish ... etc etc ... hope this helps.
happy.gif

dell

hi tnp, your idea is ingenius!
happy.gif
Will tell fiance about the idea of 'tight budget that will put panpac out of the race'!
happy.gif
THANKS for sharing!!!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

To all those who have posted questions to Clare, would just to let you know that she is currently in her honeymoon. The questions will probably be responded after she returns.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

T

tnp

hi dell,

hope your negotiations with Pan Pac will proceed smoothly!! let us know if everything is ok and if your final choice is really Pan Pac!
happy.gif

gd luck!!

dell

Hi tnp! Thanks for your concern!
happy.gif

Will be calling the Pan Pac banquet manager today to see how things goes cos we are actually on waiting list. Will update you tonight or tommorow, ok?
happy.gif

dell

Hi everyone. Finally got the date that I wanted at Pan Pac.
happy.gif
So the banquet manager will be sending over the contract soon. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go on smoothly.
happy.gif

T

tnp

hi dell,

so did u get the things u try to negotiate for? like the beer and such??
happy.gif

dell

Nope! Didn't get the free beer.
sad.gif

As for cards, she said she can only put down 70% at most but we can get a few more from her if really neccessary when the time comes. Quite stingy, hor?

tnp, you mentioned that you met a good floor manger.
happy.gif
Do you recall what's his name? Can we actually request for the floor manager one ah?

Clare, who was your banquet manager and floor manager?

T

tnp

nope, cud not recall his name. i dun think it's feasible to request certain floor managers, even if u request now, he may hv resigned by the time your wedding comes.
wink.gif

so dell, will u sign up with them? who's ur banquet manager?

dell

Sorrie for the late reply tnp. I've not signed the contract yet leh...things moving very slowly...
sad.gif
So tired already...hope to get eveything over and done with actually.

T

tnp

hi dell,

u hv not signed the contract becos u're still viewing other hotels? or u are not happy wif not enuff freebies? but if u're considering hilton, my opinion is the ballroom is quite old liao, food wise so-so ... i think other options cud be grand copthorne waterfront, hotel intercontinental ... do consider them!

dun feel tired, u'll oni go thro this process once, and if u regret later, then u'll feel even worse. so be happy, take things once at a step and remain clam when u make your choices, k!!
happy.gif
i'm v happy i chose panpac becos i think they will make my wedding a wonderful one!!!

amy

I have seen the wedding theme on Panpac's wed site, but does anyone know if the actual deco would be any different from the picture? I'm contemplating the Candle Theme.

Need advise, HELP
happy.gif

T

tnp

hi amy,

i hv signed up wif panpac and may choose the candle theme as well. hv went down to view actual days' decor before i sign up, and in my personal opinion, the actual decor looks great too!
happy.gif

cleo

Hi Amy,

If u are taking the Pacific ballroom, then the garden theme would look exactly the same. The canlde theme looks similar. But I would recommend that you go & take a look. 'coz u can change the colours of the lighting & they all give diff look. So, it's better to go & see. Also, how many tables do u have 'coz it is diff ballrooms. : )

amy

Hi tnp,

You put my heart at ease, saw at another chat topic that the candle decor looks nothing like the picture.

So did you manage to get any other thing on top of the package offer?

I'm thinking of taking W/Day package cos the W/end package burst my buget

amy

Hi Cleo,

Are you signing with PP as well? I'm planning aroung 35-40 tables, the catering manager said I can have the Grand ballroom since it's on w/day.

Heard rumours that for Candle Theme, they recycle the candles from another wedding. Hope it's not true. Are you going for Garden or Candle? I think both is equally nice. Sorry for being so Kapo

dell

Thanks tnp, feeling better already.
happy.gif

Been very busy, and that probabbly explains my 'down-ness'. Actually i really like Pan pac. I've not signed the contract yet because there is always something wrong with it
sad.gif
and we have to wait for them to send over the amended copy... sigh... it's as though 'something' is stopping us from signing up with Pan pac.

Yep, yep. Will take your advice to take things one step at a time.
happy.gif
You take care too, lets prepare to be beautiful beautiful brides together!!
happy.gif

T

tnp

hi amy,

mine is a wkday package, but it certainly almost burst my budget too, as panpac's packages are kinda expensive, compared to other places.

my package is somewhat different fm the standard becos i hv added or deleted certain things which affected the cost. but i hv 40 litres beer for my 40 tables, and lower beer cost for subsequent barrels. i think beer costs is impt to me, as i expect some guests will be drinking a lot. other things u can ask for ... maybe more pax for food tasting, waiver of corkage for wines, setup for projector video equipment if u hv a clip to show your guests, 1 more night stay etc etc ...

cleo

Hi amy,

Mine is Weekday & we chose garden theme. I've seen the ballroom many times in diff lights & diff themes. I feel that the garden theme in the grand ballroom looks the most impressive. 'coz of the gazebo. If u are taking the ocean ballroom, then there are new decor coming up but not confirmed yet. As for the candle theme, it does not seem exactly like the one in the pic. So, don't set your standard too high & go take a look. Then, u can decide better. Diff pple prefer diff themes. I thght that the candle theme is more suited for the Ocean ballroom 'coz the candles are insufficient to light up the whole Grand ballroom. So, it all depends.
happy.gif

amy

Hi Cleo/Tnp,

So coincide we are all going for W/day. My MIL (Mother in law) is nagging why not settle for a W/end at a cheaper venue...;P

Anyway, I would be requesting for them to throw in the projector, else it's too expensive abt $500 right.

Tnp which theme are you going for?

T

tnp

hi amy,

most likely, i'm going for the candle theme. i thot it looks v romantic when i went down to see. they played with the lightings and it looks v nice. actually, i aso like the garden theme, but too bad my in-laws are more superstitious and doesn't like the gazebo. their opinion is "white tent" not auspicious.
crazy.gif
so i think highly likely is candle theme unless i can convince them otherwise. i myself like both!! so i "chin chai" lor.
wink.gif

amy

Hi tnp/Cleo,

When did you get to see the actual day decor? Did PanPac called you to view when they have a banquet on that day? So far I have meet up with the catering manager to view pictures and see Ballroom only (too bad that day no set up).

Did you guys get the LCD projector FOC?

cleo

Hi Amy,

U can call the banquet sales dept up & ask them when is the next wedding & u can pop by to go & see. Also, ask them which ballroom it is & what theme. Then u can see all.
happy.gif

T

tnp

hi amy,

agree with cleo, u can tell them that u wish to view decor of both themes b4 deciding, so they will inform u when is the next wedding and which theme is that.
happy.gif

as for projector, i did not get it foc, but hubby's company has it and we can get the equipment out, so panpac will help us in the setup, and connecting it to their sound syst at no chrg. if u cannot get the equipment foc, try asking around your friends who may hv lobang on loaning it foc, if not the chrgs for a projector can be quite high. i think i was quoted abt $400 ... can't remember very well. i can save this $ for another barrel of beer liao.
proud.gif

natalie

Hi Amy,

I'm also in the process in confirmating with Pan Pac.. After some negotiation, Pan Pac has agreed to throw in the LCD projector and 2 barrel of beer FOC for us. We are changing some of the items in the menu, once finalize, we will book with them...

natalie

Sorry guys just realize my mistake after posting..

it should be 2nd barrel of beer FOC n not 2 barrel of beer free.... it does make a lot of different, isn't it?
wink.gif
Sorry!

Natalie

natalie

Hi cleo

Ya... all because of my future mother in law...as my FH is the elder son in the family, his mother would be more "kan cheong"..

Honestly, I would prefer to spend more on our honeymoon...

If I am not wrong the "tong shu" is out oredi, so got to book fast esp ours fall in the weekend.

A bit kiasu hor...

yang

Hi! May i ask a silly question - what is a gazebo? Can't really imagine it like a tent cos then what will happen to the lights?

fen

Hi all

I have booked my wedding at Pan Pacific for 2002. The banquet coordinator told me that they have a staff who work there do help up as a MC during the wedding dinner.

Just like to know anyone here has heard of whether the MC is good or not. Whether can she speak well?

Fen

cleo

Fen,
wow, did not know that tey have an MC. Try asking for the name.

Yang,
The gazebo is not taking the whole stage. Maybe i can email the pic to u if u want.

fen

Dear Cleo

Actually they don't have an MC. What the coordinator told me was this lady is one of their staff who work in other department and she study mass communication. She will not mind helping up as an MC during the wedding dinner if the guest request. What we need to do is just to give her an Ang Pow

Of course is good that they have someone to help up as an MC but worry that whether can she speak well because study mass communication doesn't mean can speak well. If not, I have to spend money to get an MC because all my friends got "Stage Fear".

Anyway, cleo, who is the coordinator who serve you ?

fen

corica

I also booked my wedding banquet at Pan Pac with Candy not too long ago. FYI - my wedding is only in May 2002. Actually, they also did not throw in the LCD for free but after much persuasion and bargaining, she said ok. She also gave me 1 night free stay and 1 extra barrel of beer. Other than that, everything else is pretty standard. I have attended a wedding at Pan Pac with the Garden theme and it looks pretty impressive. Only thing is, my friend said that though it may look nice, but for photography, it looked a bit messy. So, i'm contemplating the candle theme now. Balloon theme is a bit too childish, like some kind of kids party so that's out. Anyone else has anything good to share about Pan Pac? One thing though, i heard that their food is not too fantastic. I booked it bcos of the ambience and the location.

cleo

Hi Corica,

I just saw my classmates photos last nite using the garden theme. But i thot the pics are great. I think u don't have to worry. 'coz i think that the garden theme is so nice.

So, how many nites stay did u get in total? & how many tables did u book?

BTW, which room did u book? Mine is pacific 1 & 2. So, we have a problem with the projector. It is at the end of the room. So, i'm comtemplating forgoing the video presentation. What abt yours?