Pan Pacific Singapore

anfield_kid

Hi twinstarz,
It was Ocean ballroom.

I really agree with iso. van is really a very responsible coordinator. He really help me alot during the prep part for my wedding and also my AD. He also saw me drunk on my AD
happy.gif

marchbride

hi bride,

$12 per piece of mini cakes? Is that the mkt rate? Sounds abit ex wor... But if they are those lovely looking cakes and they taste as gd as they look, guess should be worth it
happy.gif

hi ryan,
haha, ivan & Jason also saw my hubby got drunk. Jason even help up to take care of my hubby.

novia

<font color="0000ff">hi marchbride, that's fullerton's pricing for the cakes lor. A bit ex... and Fullerton has no exchange policy which makes pan pac a bit better. It's just that I'm not sure how much the standard package's dessert costs and how much i can offset the cakes for. Hopefull FOC but I'm not sure...</font>

novia

<font color="0000ff">hi peg choong, did you call compass entertainment up? Yes I will be having a 4-piece band (guitar, bass, sax, percussionist) with one of them doubling up as a singer.</font>

emi_gal

Hi, everyone !! I'm new to this forum thing.. I need some advice here.. does anyone knows what are the hot dates for the year 2007. browsing the forum earlier and looking at Pan Pac, saw all appraisals go to Mr Ivan.. and he looks so busy .. anyone else to recommand from there.. pref. a lady... ...

fuyutsuki

hi all, if i want to book pan pac during their wedding fair on 30 Apr and want ivan to be my coordinator, shld i make appt with him prior to the fair? i am afraid that if i just look for him on that day, he may be too busy to entertain me. what's the advise here?

emi_gal

Hi, Fuyutsuki,

i'm also thinking of booking on the april 30 bridal show... thinking tat there might be better bargains .. .. hee.. mind telling me which month are u looking at ??

novia

<font color="0000ff">hi fuyutsuki, what i did was to tie up with ivan before the wedding show, meet up with him and take a look at the ballroom, go through the package etc. Then we told him that we will sign up with him on the day of the show and told him to hold our date for us until the day of the show. Then on that day itself, we finalised everything, plus a little bargaining of course
happy.gif
</font>

fuyutsuki

hi amily, i am planning to have my AD around Mar next yr. how abt you?

hi bride, thanks for the advise. i'll discuss with my FH first and then decide.
happy.gif

fuyutsuki

hi amily, i have not met up with the coordinator, planning to meet up with Ivan before the wedding fair and then book the banquet onli on the day of the fair (as advised by bride above)
happy.gif

pegc

Hi Bride,

Yup,I called up Compass entertainment already. They din offer to provide me with the "one of thenm" as singer? Was this your suggestion to them? They offer me 4-piece band + separate singer. Few more hundred dollars more wo...

novia

<font color="0000ff">hi peg choong, ya, their pricing is fair one, stefan doesn't really give discounts. It's really a case of you pay for what you get. Tell stefan what you want, no. of singers, type of instruments you want then he'll quote you accordingly. If you want one of them to be a singer and play an instrument, you can ask him also. He will still quote you the same type of pricing. No matter how you play around with them band members, the price is still the same
happy.gif
Go hear them play first then you can judge for yourself if they're worth it lor...</font>

pegc

Thanks Bride. Actually I would prefer to see them play at Pan Pac. The next date that they have in their schedule is on ur wedding date. Guess I have to listen to their performance elsewhere already.

kazataza

princess> sorry..was travelling overseas and didnt reply u...my solemnization will be in the morning @ St Thresea's church as my bf is a catholic...so where u holding the solemnization? the pool not very nice leh

sabbykat

Pan pacific

Ivan Tan (Snr Catering Sales Manager)
6826 8278
Email: [email protected]
HP: 9336 7097

I agree Pan pac is nice. But the 2007 package is just too expensive for me... the ballroom at level one is nicer though the recept area for the ballroom at level 2 is nicer...

limko

I really regret taking pan pacific hotel's package. They are the most inflexible hotel. I asked for a room for ROM before the dinner reception and they are charging me 350+++ even thought they would be using the flower stands from my dinner reception.

Other choice would be to have my solemnization before dinner in the ballroom which would save me the 350+++ but then they don;t allow me to use the ballroom before 6:30 pm.

Recently, I do not have enough invitation cards and so I requested for another 90 pieces. I know its quite a lot extra to ask for but they will be charging me $2 a piece. I don't mind being charged for it but $2 a piece is rather expensive for a simple wedding invitation without printing. Goodness gracious. And moreover, most hotels will give extra invitations FOC.

Sorry, just need to rant.

fuyutsuki

hi limko, who's ur coordinator? i think if it's Ivan, he should be quite flexible in giving those extra invitation cards FOC, rite?

idotee

hi limko, how many tables you guaranteed is given 60% of e cards? I asked for extra 15pcs two days ago and my coordinator did not charge me, she is kind! We have to be fair when asking freebies.

Me too pay for sol. room and my hubby feels its ok to pay. My wedding is a weekday and we worry the morning meeting group does not come out on time for our sol. so we decided to book a small rm..We cant expect e'thing free, right?

limko

Hi Idotee,

Well, its true that we can't ask for free things but I think that just having an extra room with no extra deco is quite reasonable and moreover, I have visited hotels that actually do that as an extra service. I initially thought that it was a simple request and so did not make sure with the coordinator before I sign.

Likewise with the invitation cards. I am not asking the invites to be free but she is charging me $2 a piece. End up, I bought the exact same design outside for $1 a piece. She is charging me double the price even though I have a package with the hotel.

My coordinator is not Ivan.

panggou

Limko, i think yours is ms P, be very careful when you negotiate for parking coupon too... though i did not exceed the given coupon, i felt that the team is a bit overboard. Ms I has told me it is $2 for each extra coupon i purchased, i told her when i signe with Mr Johnny earlier on, he says it is 100% free as they got the machine.... turn out they decided to change and penalise us by giving us a certain % only.... then Ms P actually told me she is charging $4!!! i confronted her and told her Ms I is only charging $2.... and entry to carpark is only 1.50 after 6pm... by paying $2, we alreay paid extra!! after all the hassle, then she says, oh ok loh $2, did not say why she quote $4 in the first place.

cacphin

Winnie> ur Ms P is it P****ne? hmm... i think she got real problem.. anyway, i changed from her to ivan liao after emailing the hotel of her service..

jalyn

Hi nihpcac,

My coordinator is the abovementioned Ms P***ne. I find her quite terrible too. Terribly inflexible. What did she do that made you change coordinator? It's not easy to change coordinator.

panggou

yeah thats the right Ms P.....

she even ask us to bring our own stand to put the A4 poster which Pan Pac printed out... we did not bother... the even manager even provided for us.... thus i have no confidence in this Ms P at all.

jalyn

*sigh*...really regret not reading this forum b4 deciding whether to take Ms P or Mr I as coordinator. Now no choice, stuck with her. Hope she doesn't throw anymore surprises our way...

cacphin

gals> since my case is amicably solved, dun wan to spoil pp's image.. only P****** is the problem.. heard that she'll be counselled coz apparently, we aren't the only couple who complained..
i got the Pan pac email from one of the older threads for request to change coordinator.. coz my AD is less than 3 months and we haven't even talked abt the decor etc..
Anyway, do ask for other coordinators too.. not only Ivan is the better one.. just imagine if all gals ask for Ivan, he'll be up his neck and maybe the same thing might happen too..

emi_gal

Hi all..

Opps... now is the P***** issue.. didn't know she so terrible!!! Think Ms P***** is just a sales co-ord lah.. that's why she can't make decisions.. But having the idea of changing the co-ord is a SURE DEFINALTEY Good and Excellent choice !!! U can trust Ivan !! I've seen my fren's wedding done by him and he is really helpful...

Oh ya btw.. anyone took or paid extra for the other suites rooms other than the normal bridal suite???

Take care Gals...

yummymilk

amily, we're thinking of booking more rooms, but not suites but haven't booked yet coz Ivan says can book later nearer the date..

freshbaby_78

hi all,

jus to share wif u dat we almost shortlist PP in 1 of our wedding venues...but after meeting up wif Ms P***** she jus give us the bo chap and unsincere attitude which left mi &amp; my FH thinking whetehr is worth paying for this kind of service. Worst she even gave us a complimentary car park coupon which had expired !!!!!!We jus dump awasy the tic and pay for our own exit...mayb its was jus our luck dat she was having a bad day but considering dis is a 5 star hotel, e service she provides is defintely not 5 star quality.....

anfield_kid

Wah! didnt know that this miss P is so terrible. I guess alot of couple will switch to Ivan!
happy.gif
Ivan is really a very nice guy to get along with but if u ask for the sky then I guess he also cannot help u. But he will surely be much much better than Miss P.

sweetie26

Hi All,

Did not know that in fact that there are so many negative comments about Miss P**** N*.
When I was sourcing for my wedding dinner, I was referred to her as she had handle my buddy wedding.Maybe there was no chemistry with us so finally I chose Raffles The Plaza. She is the kind whereby just show you the package and expected you to confirm on the spot. When ask more queries, she will show one kind of face to you.... I do not foresee the hotel representative to be on their bad day cos ultimately it is the first impression that they carry.
So long as you gals are okie with the hotel, you could ask for coordinator whom you are more comfortable with lor, why let this person spoil the image of Pan Pacific......

weevenge

me too had very very bad experience with Ms P, met up with her twice, first time alone, second time with WTB.

totally unprofessional and dont even know how to sit properly (imagine she was sitting on the sofa with one of her leg fully extended and laying back fully) did not even offer name card....

because of her, i made up my mind to skip panpac and almost sign up with another hotel until a friend in the industry advised me otherwise because of their food, was told to go with panpac...so in the end i emailed Mr I and so far so good, except that he is super busy.....

jalyn

Hi there,

Can email me the email address for changing of coordinator. My AD is less than 2mths away and u guessed it, our dear Ms P has not talked abt decor yet. Said it's still too early.
btw, anyone knows how much a bottle of wine costs at pan pac? their corkage charge is so ex and am only given 12 bottles corkage waiver.

do u think it's too late to ask for corkage waiver of more bottles?

fuyutsuki

Ms P is not the sales coordinator, i think she's some sales manager (can't remember the exact designation). i emailed to Pan Pac some time ago and Ms I replied on behalf of Ms P, with Ms P's name and designation in the email.

lywong

Hi all,

Din know Miss P is so attitude..The first coordinator I met in PP was Miss B (have already left PP)..but that time she was oni helping Ivan coz Ivan was not free to meet me that day.I also dun quite like Miss B coz I think she overquote me some things when I met her on the first appt. But after I met up with PP 2nd time, this time with Ivan...I have decided to sign up with PP..I just feel he is so sincere and helping me to save $ in everyway instead of overquoting me prices. A total different feel compared to Miss B. I just count myself lucky coz it was Ivan who replied my email and eventually my case was under him.

Hence I truely understand the service provided by a coordinator can contribute to the factor of choosing a hotel for ur banquet. For those who got influence by Miss P for the bad attitude and decided to give PP a miss, maybe u can try request to talk to another coordinator before really deciding to give up on PP..
happy.gif

lywong

Hi fuyutsuki,

I saw ur email to me..but havent got time to email you back coz the photos I want to show you is not with me yet, at my bf house...will get back to you soon...paiseh ah..:D

fuyutsuki

hi Yan06, it's ok, take your time to reply me
happy.gif

i am meeting up Ivan tomorrow, but will only sign up during their bridal fair next Sun, so that can bargain for more perks ;p