Pan Pacific Singapore

anfield_kid

He never charge anything,i just give $28 to "tian you". He will calculate the dates for ur actual day and also the date for ur "guo da li" usually he will give u a few dates for u to pick
happy.gif

valentinejojo

oh.. okies... now got a few on my list... recommended by all of u...

thanks for ur help...

Ryan.. so when is ur actual date? which ballrm did u booked n who's ur sales mgr?

marchbride

Hi all,

I have just signed up with PP cos of the 3 themes (garden, balloom, dream) they publicized... but after that the coordinator told us that there are oni 2 themes for Ocean ballroom...
sad.gif
anyone has any comments Ocean ballroom themes? I have yet to see the deco..

sandychoo

Hi gals,

I'm back.. how come this thread becomes so quiet these days? Momoko, Kep, u gals around? Wan to exchange photos with u gals leh..

Hi marchbride,

Welcome to PP brides' family.. i believe the 3 themes u mentioned are applicable to PB.. there are only 2 deco themes designed for OB. I've shared my stage deco pix in this thread before i left for honeymoon. Do check my past postings after 20 September..

valentinejojo

hi sandy,

this is sure a quiet thrend right now...

saw some of ur pics fm the earlier messages. did u have to print ur own inserts for the menu as well? how much did u pay for ur invitation card inserts? do u have a sample that u can e-mail me?

who's ur photographer? looking for a AD photographer... hopefully not too expensive also...

i have signed up with pan pac... next yr Dec... my big day... hehe

my e-mail is [email protected] for the photos...

lywong

Hi valentinejojo,

If you dun mind, would like to recommend Tucky's Photography. His wedding journal collage is the best that I have came across..
happy.gif

Can email me if you wish to know more:
[email protected]

So which ballroom you taking with PP? I'm taking the OB and coord Ivan..u?

esterlla

Hi sandy,

Do you mind sharing your wedding pic with me? How many tables did you have? Was the ballroom very squeezy? How was the food?

I am taking OB as well.

sandychoo

hi valentinejojo,

I requested PP to print our photo on the menu, but only B&W printing is available. We sent our co-ordinator the selected photo and she arranged the printing for us. So sorry that I do not hav the template, but only the photo on menu that I posted earlier..

We engaged photo/videography service from Simon Video. My AD VG was Simon, PG was William. They are very good, very humorous to make everyone smile and laugh naturally. Rest assured that your wedding won't be boring with their presence. For your info, Simon was engaged by many local celebrity, including TCS star Huang Biren and the celebrity couple Huang Shinan and Pan Lingling during their weddings.

We paid $1600 in total for engaging their service for 2 days wedding event, digital unlimited shots, videos in DVD format, pkg include photo montage and express morning highlight to be shown during the dinner. You can call Simon to book appointment and see his portfolios. He knows us cos my uni-mate engaged him in her wedding last year and another friend of mine engaged him for her wedding in Dec this year. Just tell him that you are recommended by Marcus and Sandy wedded on 17/18 September, keke..
Here's his website: http://www.simonvideo.com.sg/aboutus.html

sandychoo

Hi Joy,

We had 28 plus 2 reserved tables. Not squeezy at all because in the end managed to re-allocate the seats and make the total number of tables to 28, saved the 2 reserved tables. Received feedback from my colleagues and friends that the food was very very nice. My Chef was Chef Yong on that night. Quite a nice guy..

esterlla

Hi Joline,

Oh, you only have 28 tables, so it will not be squeezy.However, I am looking at 35+2 tables, so my concern is that the ballroom might look squeezy. And I have to squeeze past the tables during photo taking. Did you have additional projector? Could the guests in front see the montage? Was the portion sufficient for 2nd servings?

Oh yes, how was the wine and beer consumption?

sandychoo

Hi Joy,

Before our final confirmation we have 32 tables and were told that the layout will be very squeezy for 35~38 tables. We prefer more spaces for guests to move around, luckily in the end managed to cut down to 28 tables. You should try doing your RSVP properly as I noticed that relatives from most families won't turn up with the headcount as they confirmed earlier when received the invites. This is extremely important and if you do your RSVP well it will save you a lot.. trust me.. things always happen in the very last minute..

No, we had media testing a week before our dinner, still find it quite ok, just that the pic a bit small from the first table near the stage. So my advice is if you want to save the cost, it's better to have your photos and videos be arranged in full screen. My videographer, Simon knew about this very well and hence my family and relatives from far still can see the pics and videos though it's smaller due to the distance. Of course, if you don't mind to fork out some $$, it is always good to have the 2nd projector and screen, but only at the other end of the ballroom, not in the middle. Then you'll have very short march-in.

Anyway, I received feedback from the guests sitting near the projector screen that they couldn't see the happening on stage clearly. Do take special note for your cake cutting session, as the 5-tier cakes is quite big and tall and you must stand beside the cake (not behind the cake) so that you won't be blocked and ppl can't see you off the stage.

The food portion was enough for 2nd servings if most are average eaters, so not to worry..

Very surprisingly that our red wine consumption was extremely low, only 8 bottles opened, haha.. think it was due the reason that most ppl take vegetarian food on 15th lunar 8 month, and furthermore i got many gal frens who are pregnant in time and could not enjoy the wines? The beer consumption in overall more than the red wine's.. and the beer was served during the cocktail too..

valentinejojo

hi joline,

thanks... do we hae to pay for the menu printing?

wat abt the invitation card? do u have a copy of the inserts? how much does it cost to print the inserts?

lywong

Hi Joline,
is your wedding on wkend? When I sign the contract, it stated min must be 30 tables..but infact I hope to cut down to about 28 too, coz duno can squeeze out so many guest anot..duno if PP allow..Mine on a Sunday.

Did anyone tried reducing the tables when the date gets nearer? Any charges on that?

BTW, if I only wan the video service, how much is Simon charging?

sandychoo

hi hi valentinejojo,

the menu printing is FOC. I need to chk if I still keep the insert template sent by Jasvy.. will send to u once I found.. hope still in my harddisk.. erhmm.. can't remember.. but no ex compared to other printers. Me and Momoko did mention about the charges from Jasvy in earlier threads.. You may want to refer to the past thread for info..

hi Yan06,

yeah.. mine on Sunday night.. PP rules has changed since last year.. I signed up mine in late 2003 before they tighten the rules.. Maybe you would like to chk with your co-ordinator? If it is stated in your contract that you have confirmed tables of 30, dun think you can go under the number cos PP might still charge you for the 30 tables..

For my case, the mininum tables required for OB was 25 at that time, so most of us sign up the package early have no problm to meet the min requirement.. think OB business too good that they introduce so many rules..

I think it will still be cheaper than most of the "branded" studios.. perhaps you should chk with Simon? Do let him know you were recommended by Marcus & Sandy wedded on 17/18 Sept. I've told him that I'll still go back to him for photography package when expecting a BB
biggrin.gif

momoko0

joline,
hey, u're back!! This thread is really quiet after our wedding. kep also MIA liao. U took back ur AD photos liao ah? Mine still not ready leh. Video still need abt a mth to complete coz i gave them the songs for editing quite late lor.

valentinejojo,
these are the charges for Jasvy:
1. Normal Printing on Inserts
a) First 200 pcs : $ 90.00 nett
b) Thereafter $0.20 per pc

2. Shiny Gold / Silver Hotstamping on Cards
a) First 100 pcs : $115.00 nett (Price include Artworks and Stamping Blocks)
b) Thereafter $0.35 per pc

dino2516

Hi Yan06

Mine is oso on sunday...& mine minimum is 28 tables + 2 reserved (i ask for it!!)...
u have to talk to yr coorindator before signing the contract..but since yr is next year..try talking to yr coornidator again..

isobellies

hi!

anyone "topped up" on the themes for the ballrooms? i think the decor that i've seen has been a little sparse. think their efforts in decor is rather pathetic!

isobellies

hi!

anyone "topped up" on the themes for the ballrooms? i think the decor that i've seen has been a little sparse. think their efforts in decor is rather pathetic!

valentinejojo

hi momoko,

thanks... thinking of printing my own inserts... dunno whether i shld or not?

so much things to prepare for wedding...

anyone got checklist what are the things to prepare? And schedule for actual day? maybe can e-mail to me.

sandychoo

Hi hi momoko,

So happy to see u again! I've just sent you an email, do check and read ya!

Let's wait for the reply from kep if she see this thread.. if not then we flood her mailbox,
rofl.gif

esterlla

Hi Joline,

Thanks for your advice. I am hoping to cut down the tables to 32/33+2 as I am hoping to march in from the 1st door instead of the 2nd door. Usually, people might not turn out last minute so I have been reminded that I need to do my RVSP 2 days before.

With regards to the projector, I am hoping to save $$ by not having a 2nd projection, afterall, it's only for the montage. However, if I have a second screen, I was thinking of having a live feed from the stage to the screen below so that the pple sitting can see what's happening on the stage. However, my FH felt it's not necessary.

Simon sounded quite experienced,hm, maybe I should meet up with him to view his portfolio. Would he be able to provide the spilter/cabling for the 2nd projector?

Did your package have free flow of beer? Mine only comes with 1 barrel, so I am little worried that they will finish up that 1 barrel. Can we request wine and beer to be served only when the dinner started? I should be getting wine from PP. Did anyone get partial waiver of corkage?

With the venue now confirmed, I can start sourcing for my BS liao!kekeke.

Hi Iso,

Yes, I know what you mean. I have been complaining to my coordinator that their stage deco sucks big time. The metal frame looks terrible, like a fence with weeds crawling all over it.I was asking if they will change the deco next year, he said they might. I was hoping that they have some tall flower stands with tealights instead of the metal frame. I wonder who's their florist.. I prefer their old theme, especially the garden and candle.

Hi valentinejojo,

When's your wedding? 2005 or 2006?

sandychoo

Hi Joy,

Perhaps u shld chk with Simon by giving him a call? Your idea of having a live cast of the happenings on stage is a good one. If you have t budget to go for it.

Yes, my package included the free flow beer. Your co-ordinator will confirm with you if you would like to serve the beer and wines during the cocktail, no worries.

Just some info for you, Simon is linked up with weddingnews BS. They have discounts given to either side customer if you take up package from the other one. No harm for you to chk out the package info with weddingnews at the same time meeting Simon.

Gals, I'm confused here.. OB previous Deco was Zen1&Zen2.. I supposed balloon, garden and candle belongs to PB's deco? They have different deco them due to the ceiling height contraint.. Or maybe I was mistaken??

isobellies

hey joy,

good question, i'm going to ask my coordinator the next time who the florist is... have you seen the other Pearl theme? wonder if it's any better?

esterlla

Hi Jolene,

I will call Simon up and tell him that he is highly recommended! Keke...
I tot Zen 1 and Zen 2 was old deco, now they have Ocean Bliss and something else? I saw the design without tealight last sat, quite nice as well, in fact nicer than the one with tealights. But I was wondering if the couple did top up.

Hi Iso,
Pearl theme? Hm, I am not too sure, I saw the one with tea light and one without tealights.

sandychoo

Hi Joy,

Yes, Zen1 &2 was OB deco themes previously, and the garden, candle and balloon themes were PB old deco themes. Most of the couples wedded past few months opt for the theme with tealights, now seemes like the deco for the other theme without tealight has been improved much better recently ya. Lets hope we can have PP bride wedded last sat to share some pics here..
happy.gif

Kep, are you still here? Want to exchange pixs with you leh.. me and momoko now slowly diverting to singaporemotherhood.com liao..
bounce.gif

esterlla

Hi Joline,

So fast you are diverting to singaporemotherhood liao? when are you planning your first bb? I also hope the PP bride who wedded last sat do share some pic here. I find that the flowers are a bit sparse on the metal frame as they need some spaces for the tealights, so afar, it looks bare.

Hi Iso,
I am taking ocean ballroom. I am not too sure about PB deco.They have white roses with leaves...more romantic!

jenng

hi BTB,

my girlfriend doing printing of the cards charging cheaper than PJ any interested can just write an email for contact [email protected], just quote my name jennifer intro.

Hope this will help all save some $$.

novia

Hi everyone!

Is anyone entitled to free photo montage from Pan Pac? Is the company doing it called motion image? Anyone has any feedback on this company and will Pan Pac call us to remind us closer to our AD or do we have to contact them ourselves?

cheers_2199

Hiz Joline,

Happened to bump into this very vibrant forum..
Would appreciate it if you could forward a copy of your thank you speech in Chinese for reference if you are comfortable.. SOS..cos my Chinese is very bad. Thanks a lot..hehe..

My email is [email protected]

Cheers
happy.gif

camiberry

hi hi!

anyone here doing wedding lunch at pan pac? how was the service like there? my friend had her wedding dinner there last year, highly recommended the place. However, i didn't think the coordinator who attended to my query was even interested in doing my business. i made some enquires last week and it's been a week but she hasn't got back to me. Is it common for them to take that long to respond?

esterlla

Hi Camy,

I am doing dinner at PP. Who's the coordinator? I highly recommend mine, just call and ask for Ivan Tan. I also get the feeling that my wedding is in good hands whenever I speak to him and he's definitely on the ball.

ahda

hey camy,
actually is quite norm for them to reply abit late. but no worries, like you, we were quite piss off at first, but after knowing them well, they do a good job!

camiberry

hi joy & ahda,

thanks for sharing your experiences with me. i guess i have to give pp a call to find out the status. =)

shall let u know the outcome soon! hope it's to my favour. hehe...

camiberry

hi,

finally got a reply from pp... i almost fell off my chair when i saw the customised package requested. quite expensive for wedding lunch... 7 course chinese set at $728nett

i'll have to go & look at other more affordable venues.

esterlla

Hi camy, that's really expensive lei since their weekday dinner is only $708. Are you looking at pacific or ocean?

In that case, I will recommend lunch at meritus mandarin or even conrad

esterlla

Hi camy,

I don't have the details for Conrad! So sorry!

Hi Ryan,

How's your prep coming along?

Hi Lwenn,

Why don't you give the coordinator a call because the perks differ by weekday and weekend?

anfield_kid

Hi joy,
I still got 12 more days to my big day
happy.gif
alot of things to confirm. Happy to have Ivan as my coordinator,he really help me alot. Tis guy is really like an "energizer rabbit"!
happy.gif
He is always one step ahead of me for our preparation.