Pan Pacific Singapore

kep

hi momoko

i bought it from citylink is a shop selling alot of those book one there one opposite the singtel shop but there another one also at citylink i not sure about the name

i spent $36 something plus the ribbon and two pens from them too

momoko0

hi kep,
orh... i know where u bought from already. Went there once, but was in a hurry so didn't really take a good look. I supposed urs is with black pages. I intend to get one with black pages coz it looks nicer with silver and gold ink.

kep

hi momoko ya is black in color ya i also bought a gold n silver pen too =)

i think those book are suppose to be treated as album one but guest book also nice ah

hi joline, mine too she call and say she be bringing to PP i will be gng there on Sat to collect. what about u? ya free pen heehee actually my poster i not gng to let guest sign but since the pen is free might as well take =p

sandychoo

kep,

Me too not gg to use the poster as signature scroll. Have told Veron abt that, guess what she said? "Since it is given free U just take lar!"
biggrin.gif

momoko0

kep,
it's nice... i wanted to get something like this for my guestbook. Hard cover with black pages... cool.

joline,
gold/silver pen free ah... then i don't need to buy liao.. hee. Likewise, I'll not be using the poster as signature scroll. A bit wasted to do that.

garfield77

<table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2">Wedding Date</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Nick</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">24/12/04</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Bao Bao</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">08/01/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Cutibear</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">08/01/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">PPgroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pacific Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">09/01/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sean</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">19/05/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sabz</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">23/05/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Kysha</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">03/06/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Icy</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pacific Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">04/06/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Linah</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">05/06/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Joyce</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">05/06/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Mas</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pacific Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">16/06/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">ETO</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pacific Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">19/06/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ying11</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">17/07/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Starlet</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">24/07/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Julia</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">13/08/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">WGC</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">11/09/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Qing</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">18/09/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Joline</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">02/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Queenie</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">08/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Furry</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pacific Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">06/11/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Little_tinkle</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">13/11/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Garfield</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">14/12/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Winnie</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">07/01/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sharon</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">18/03/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Iso</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">19/03/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Agnes</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">29/04/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Jean</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">06/06/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">cacphin</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">22/06/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ooshie</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Pacific Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">08/10/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Sel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">15/10/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Yan06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ocean Ballroom</font></td></tr></table>

kep

hi joline, haha really ah she say that ah not bad ah at first i thought she will save on the pen since we not using hehe

hi momoko ya a bit wasted rite coz our face is on it sure u can go there and take a look btw i bought the ribbon from the shop too but the flower i bought it from spotlight there so many flower and u will chose one which u like and u better go spotlight to see their ribbon too many design leh

so when are both of u gng to collect the poster i be going down tomoro as i need to go n frame it up =)

momoko0

kep,
I've not sent my photo to veronica. Have to send my photo to my photographer for editing before the enlargement. So where u going to buy the photo frame? I went to Ikea but can't find an exact size frame.

kep

momoko,
i intend to sent to those framing company to frame up will look nicer and neat

at first wanted to go Ikea and buy too but was thinking if we do ourselves might not be so nice as they are not the exact size frame

veronica say is slightly bigger than A2 so hard to find as size is different

i think outside frame shld be quite reasonable as veronica charge me too high $80 for a A2 size leh

momoko0

kep,
$80 for A2... what frame she's providing? I checked on acryllic frame with other vendor before, they are charging at least $90 for A2.

sandychoo

hi kep/momoko,

we've not found any nice frame also.. think I'll borrow the frame from PP first then frame the poster after the dinner lor..

By the way, any of you tot of serving mooncakes as snack for cocktail recep? me plan to do that cos got cheap and nice supplier..

kep

i not so sure i didnt ask her maybe you can check with her

joline, y not bring to outside to frame? i intend to ask my bridal shop whether they frame anot

oh to match with the mooncake festival ah? y not u ask PP whether they sell mooncake anot and ask them can sell to u cheaper

sandychoo

kep, cos we have not decided where to hang the poster, so dun no whether should buy to match with furniture at living room or bedroom lor...

ya ya.. i got a few frens complaint that I very good in picking date, wan ppl to come when they want to celebrate mooncake festival.. i feel a bit pai seh.. thining of compensate them by serving mooncakes lor..

lwenn

Hi,

Does anyone knows what is the maximum tables for Ocean Ballroom? Just wondering if it will fit abt 45 tables? Which ballroom is nicer in terms of deco and ambience?

Thanks

sandychoo

momoko,

I've booked my honeymoon pkg liao.. last weekend a few places got travel fair leh.. But after comparing the price and scheudule we still went back to Ppl's park book package..

Kep,

You gg for ur honeymoon after AD?

sandychoo

Hi Lwenn,

Don't think you can use Ocean Ballroom cos it will be too cramp for the tables arrangement.. Why not u check with PP their weekday/weekend requirement for using the Pacific Ballroom?

lwenn

Hi Joline,

Thanks...i have the 2006 quote n Ocean ballroom is actually cheaper than Pacific ballroom by abt $200..

lwenn

Hi Joline,

Thanks...i have the 2006 quote n Ocean ballroom is actually cheaper than Pacific ballroom by abt $200..

momoko0

Lwenn,
the max capacity for Ocean Ballroom is 38. With 45 tables, think u've to choose Pacific Ballroom liao.

joline,
so u booked ur trip to korea? me went to Chan bro, SA tour and dynasty yesterday, but didn't book any
sad.gif
The staff at chan bro seems to be very new and bo-chup. Every question we ask her, she will take a few mins to check with another staff before replying. A lot of unsure answers... For SA Tours, we were told to queue for a counter, but when it was our turn, the staff told us we queued at the wrong counter and have to re-queue at the other counter. In the end, we left because have we have no time to wait for 100 pple to get serverd before us. Dynasty has a package for us, but quite exp and they told us that package is not on promo, so still can book after the fair. So right now, my HB and I still looking for a better deal.

kep,
any plans for ur HM? where u going?

kep

hi joline &amp; momoko,

i be gng for hk due to the disneyland in hk hehe gng to have fun in the ride oh btw i went to collect my poster from pauline already have anyone of u collect already?

hi everybody if my total table is 36 tables shld i ask pan pac to arrange 36 tables or more?

mostly how u all arrange?

thx

sandychoo

momoko,

think maybe the gal served u was a temp staff engage for the fair lor.. so sorry to hear abt the incidence..

Last night when we were at PPl's park, we saw SA using queue number system at their shop also.. looks grand but hubby hates it. When we went to Hongthai the staff there more friendly. When hubby approached and asked if need to get Q number the staff immediately get a staff to attend us. Feel more comfortable talking to them, think that's why we ended up signing our package there.. haha..

Heard ppl say Hongthai and SA are the best for Korea trip, so did not take Dynasty, though DBS card got some discount.. With Hongthai we cannot visit Daecheonggum's filming site, but in return we can go for Nami Island and hotspring which is not included in Dynasty's korea pkg..

So u also busy look around for honeymoon trip now har.. keke..

Hey momoko/kep.. left 2 weeks to your AD from now leh.. Hows ur prep? I've catered the buffet for AD liao..

sandychoo

kep,

hk good leh.. think the only problem is whether the Disneyland resort will be a it too crowded since it is just started operating.. But definitely you'll have lots of fun, keke.. me too look forward to my stay at Everland, ppl in Korea called it "Disneyland of Korea". Of course can't compare with original disneyland, but still I look forward for funs, hee.. when u gg to hk for your honeymoon? booked already?

Pauline said for tables above 30 she will give 2 spares leh.. how bt u confirmed 34 and ask for 2 reserved tables, cos the tendency for ppl not to come is higher? if ur guest response is good and exceed 36, maybe can just slot in 1~2 pax to the existing tables?

momoko0

kep,
i saw pple queueing at the chan bro fair for package to hk yesterday. it's around 200+ and it's only applicable for first few. quite cheap. it will definitely be fun to be among the first few to try the rides... hee
happy.gif

joline,
nami island is the one which is usually used for filming one izzit? very nice place leh. btw, have u confirmed on ur ang pow $. Do we need to give photographer, videographer and MUA ang pow in additional to my mum's and MIL?

does anyone has any idea if we are to add 1-2pax to existing tables during the dinner, how do they charge? do the event manager go round each table to count how many pax per table and charge us accordingly after the event?

taurus

hi, anyone out there had your wedding dinner held last year at PP? were you given the 1 nite stay for anniversary? has anyone went for that already? can share your experience?

kep

hi joline/momoko i had already book for my trip to HK $600 for 6 days 5 nites hotel is Majestic Hotel airlines is Cathay Pacific

wow joline it will also be fun one =) dont worry as long as got fun ride can liao
ya i was also afraid that it will be crowded but nvm still go n try loh

my mum will do the catering for me now i have nothing much to do except packing my thing as i have alot of thing to take hahaha took too many photo liao =)

oh i bought the frame from IKEA already but the frame is all very big intend to do something to it =) $15 only leh quite cheap ah

sandychoo

momoko,

Yeah yeah, Nami Island is the filming site for "Winter Sonata".

Oh.. I share with u some guideline for the ang pao $$..

<font color="ff0000">Main wedding coordinator: $68 - $108
Maid-of-Honour and Best Man: $68 - $88 each
Bridesmaids and groomsmen: $48 - $68 each (it's also customary to pay for your bridesmaids' outfits)
Flowergirl and pageboy: $28 - $48 each
Ushers: $18 - $28 each
Drivers: $48 - $68 each
Officiant or celebrant: $88 - $588
Hair and makeup artist: $108 - $308
Photographer/videographer/camera person (only if they are a friend/relative): $108 - $408
Confetti cleaner and any other miscellaneous helper: $18 - $28 each</font>

kep,

Wow, so 6 days should be able to cover most places in HK liao.. hee.. must bring more $$ to eat and shop lor.. when's ur departure date har?

PPl said Jeju island is also called "Honeymoon Island". If newly wed couples go there must touch the Stone Grandfather's nose then will get baby boy leh.. Hubby very excited want to buy the small stone grandfather statue back to Sg then can touch eveyday, keke.. Hmm.. pretty excited now for the HM rather than actual wedding leh, keke.. my first time to go to Korea..

By the way, how early shall we pack for HM har? On 19th I have 2nd night stay at PP. On 20th morning check out and back to office to work in pm. 21th after office hour got to go straight to airport to assemble liao..

sandychoo

<font color="ff0000"> Day Night
Amount ($) After dinner Total
Jie Mei 50 20 40 -> 50
Brother 50 20 40 -> 50
Driver (follow car) 28 -> 68
Open door (tekan from ah yi) 188 -> 288
MC 50
Kids 4 -> 8
Door opener 18 -> 40
Flower girls 10 -> 18
Main coordinator 68
Photographer/Videographer 50

Buy accessories for jiemei
After wedding, have 10-course dinner to thank them
Use different ang pao to differenciate the price
Buy dresses for them
Buy candy and chocolate for kids</font>

Here's another guideline from different source..

momoko0

joline,
for MUA, I noticed u are paying quite a lot. Are you giving ur MUA this ang pow in addition to the amount u paid to the bridal shop? For example, I have already paid my MUA, photographer and videographer for their service. Do I still need to give them ang pow since my mum and MIL will be giving them? sorry ah, I still v confused.

kep,
so envy... u so relax now. How I wish i can be like u. me so stress out now. I still have a lot of stuff not settle leh. My HM also not booked yet. Bridal car and wine also not confirm... haiz... I'm preparing to take leave earlier to settle all these outstanding tasks.

sandychoo

momoko,

yeah yeah.. me also feel that it's a bit too much.. i think $38 is more than enough liao leh.. unless you asking frens to help out as photo/videographer/MUA, then u should give more lor.. Like my case, my MUA is my neighbour, so definitely I'll give her more angpow $$.. but photo/video are engaged from outside, so i think just give $38 lor..

For brothers/Jie Meis, I'll make sure they will get the amount to cover their ang pow give back to us for dinner. In other words, we are not receiving $$ from them, but give them a dinner treat as our appreciation for their help.

Another thing is bridal/party car drivers, must give them more $$ to cover the petrol.

momoko0

joline,
$38 good enough. My MIL told me that we don't have to give MUA, photographer and videographer. She and my mum give can already. I will only need to give to my friends who help out, though they also got ang pow from my mum and MIL.

kep

hi joline i be gng on the 14sept i be staying at PP until 13sept so the next day i will have to fly liao ya i purposely take more days so that i can have more fun heheh wow joline i realise that u give alot of money to ur jiemei i a bit broke so give a bit only =)

i only give the MUA $10 only i was thinking they already earn alot from the photo which we add so dont have to give so many already hehe i stingy ah hahaha

hi momoko ya a bit relax only lah coz last few weeks was very stressful so now a bit relaxing ah
my bridal car i choose the color already and the gown all choose now waiting for the big day =)

the wine i order from Adam (icy introduce) one u can try also the ph is 93885419

hi joline, for my case i a bit kaisu so i will pack first before go for my wedding so that i dont need to rush after my wedding loh =) but intend to change money the next day after my AD haha use the ang bao money to change =p

sandychoo

kep,

no no.. if i follow the guideline sure broke leh.. still got to save some $$ for HM and buy souvenir back.. I have my own ang pow $$ list.. once confirm i email to u and momoko.

wow.. so ur prep all done liao huh? So envy.. left two weeks.. must get enough sleep and do facial leh.. then u'll look great on your big day. Your photo montage done already? When u gg to have media testing at OB?

Ya ya.. good idea... use ang pow $$ to change.. hopefully mine still have some left after footing the bills...

Oh yeah, has Pauline sent u the summary of last discussion?

kep

hi joline,

haha i thought that was ur own list ya rather save the money for HM ah ok sure thx u so much

almost done lah except for the angbao thing loh and the guest list is about 70% done so now waiting for RSVP only

Ya my photo montage done already did i sent to u before or i sent to momoko ah? Pauline actually ask me to go down on 5sept but i cant make it and i email her but she didnt reply me

maybe she still on MC no leh she didnt fax to me she say will call me when she want to fax to me =)

sandychoo

oh oh.. so have to meet her one more time before our wedding har? she sounded like going to do everything thru emailing, so I also wait and wait for her action. But recently someone said she's not feeling well, so also did not pester her too much cos I still have time.. u going to call her?

momoko0

joline,
u'll be using ur ang pow $ to pay hotel first ah? thot should use credit card to earn points? for my coordinator, everything will be confirmed thru email and phone. Coordinator said no need to meet up liao. Okok, shall wait for ur ang pow guide... hee

kep,
u didn't send me ur montage. here's my email - [email protected]

sandychoo

momoko,

hubby said use cash to pay easier lor.. it's unsafe to carry so much notes around.. he not so keen to earn points, hee.. received my email?

kep

hi both i replied ur email

btw if can earn points better can exchange voucher leh can next day go suntec to bank in the cash loh

oh regarding the meet up i wanted to meet Pauline becoz i wanted to see their new theme set up and to test the music and montage =)

momoko want to meet together me and joline thinking of gng to meet Pauline together so can save her time and we can see see each other montage =)

momoko0

kep,
we different coordinator. maybe can join u gals when u going for the video + montage testing.

joline,
my coordinator told me before he can be the MC, but he will just read from the MC script. Standard speech. But i'll confirm again.

gerrya

Hi everyone

Anyone went food tasting at PP already? Wouldl ike to hear your invaluable comments abt the food there.

Thanks

kep

hi momoko,

sure if Pauline replied to me i will let you n joline know so that we can meet and go down together

i think just ask a friend to read for u can already PP will provide the standard speech

hi geraldine,

the food taste good and waitress are friendly too =)

gerrya

Hi Iso...

At MM, they provide free flow of beer. Price wise, perhaps ard $60 diff if you are choosing the 8 course dinner at PP and using Pacific Ballroom.

Great... you have have dinner at MM. How's the food at wedding? I heard bad comments... But pls share your views with me. Thanks