Pan Pacific Singapore

starlet

Hi Winnie , Ying,

The food tasting was okay. everything went on smoothly. Food were nice. Overall 8/10.

except the presentation of some dishes...
(ie, the decorations they used were mostly flowers)

momoko0

hi starlet,
by the way, which menu you had? any particular dish which u think is not really nice and should be changed?

ying11,
i'm still very lost when i walk thru marina square to PP. That was a few wks back. Not sure abt now. I always go to PP from Suntec convention & exhibition hall. Wondering when will marina square be fully renovated...

starlet

Hi momoko,

Mine is the Ocean Menu ( contract was signed last May) I had topped up & change one of the dish.
Nope , all dishes are okay, no need to change.

isobellies

hey starlet, mind me asking how much you paid for top up of one more dish? (or am i reading your post wrongly?)
can email me at [email protected] if you don't feel comfortable saying here
happy.gif

I'm also topping up one dish..

panggou

Hi starlet, thanks alot for the note, may i know which dish did you change? how much to top up?

I am also taking ocean menu as i signed last year.

mbgirl

Hi, thanks for the advice. Ya they also charge me for the wine corkage or a flat rate if i'm bringing in my own wine. I am still deciding on which date to take, me looking at 3 or 18 March, and they told me 3 is available while 18 is under tentative booking.

mbgirl

and any good & cheap wine to recommend? me not a wine drinker, so will need your help here. Thanks in advance
Ying, u mean i can secure the room without paying the deposit? how long can i hold? does it mean that the date i book, if there isn't another couple asking for this same date, i can hold till as long as i want?

ying11

Hi MBGirl,
You are right. You can request for Pan Pac to tentative blocked the room for you if there are no other couples looking at the same date.

I am taking Rucahue Carmenere at $18nett. You can contact Adam Cheng, Mobile: 93885419 for more details.
Alternatively, go to Carrefour as they are having Wolfblass Red Label wine promotion at $18.90nett

Hi Joyce,
I took the wedding bells. Not many flavors to choose from too. Most of the couples took the bears. I found them quite common, so went for the wedding bells instead.

kep

hi ying11, may i know how many bottles are there in one case?

do we need to pay deposit before our dinner?

thank

ying11

Hi Kep,
There are 12 bottles in one case.

If you order from Adam, you will need to pay cash for the first 2 cases. From the 3rd case onwards, it will all be on consignment and you can return all unconsumed wine. You do not need to pay cash from 3rd case onwards.

For me, I am very sure I can finish 2 cases for my banquet, which is why I go ahead with him. I tried the wine and my husband and I feel that its nicer to drink as compared to Wolfblass 2003 Red Label. Of course, different people has different preferance..

isobellies

hey MBgirl, which ballroom are you looking at? if it's pacific, then march 18th is me, heehee
happy.gif
i might put deposit today if all goes well (i.e. if i don't get fed up with them before that, hahaha).

yeah you can keep the date until someone else comes along to "contest" you for that date. so let's say if you really want 18th, and ready to put deposit, and i haven't paid, then my coordinator will call me up to pressure me to pay or give up the date.

happy.gif

kep

hi ying11,

thank for your recommendation i think i will follow you to order the Rucahue Carmenere

thank again for your help =)

ying11

Hi Kep..
You ordered from Adam too? He is quite a nice person to talk too. We are in good hands. Have you tasted the wine? Very nice and drinkable. Too bad, he does not offer wine tasting. If not, sure have a lot of business..

kep

hi ying11, ya will order from him i havent really confirm my order yet will do so soon. ya too bad no wine tasting =) i trust ur taste so i dont think i will try the wine coz i not a wine drinker =)

ying11

Hi Kep,
No worries..that wine is quite good.
happy.gif

By the way,
anyone of you have any recommendations on the new theme for Ocean? Is bliss or dream nicer?

ying11

Hi Joline,
I think they nolonger have Zen 1 & Zen 2, they change to Bliss and Dream which are nicer & cosier. I have not seen the actual layout yet, so can't comment.
happy.gif

larryle

Hi all, i am new here. Planning to hold my wedding at PP next yr. Meeting up with the coordinator soon. Need all your advices on what can we normally bargain for on top of the package?? thx... :p

icy

Ying,
have u print ur poster??

Joline,
up to this date, my wedding will be in 10 days time.. i still havent choose my theme.. cos the new theme not approve by mgt and my coordiator havent get back to me whether I am using thew new or old theme.

sandychoo

Hi icy,

You mean we still can choose zen1/zen2? That's great! Pretty worried that the new themes too simple after seeing the pic posted by one of the helpful PP bride. I hope Zen1 is still available during my wedding in September..

ying11

Hi Joline,
Icy is using Pacific Ballroom. Thus, Zen 1 & 2 are not applicable for her case.
happy.gif

Trust me, the new theme Bliss and Dream are definately much nicer than the original Zen 1 & 2 design. Its a refreshing change. My wedding is on 19 June and I will take some pics to show all if you all would like to see.

Larryle,
You can ask for more invitation cards, maybe 70%, additional room night stay for helpers, more cockage charges waived, free anniversay night stay, food tasting for 10 paxs, more complimentary carpark coupons?

Icy,
I have sent Veronica my photo for printing. She has yet to revert to me on the layout. Have you send yrs? Wow, counting down to 10 more days, Must be very excited. Hows your prep so far? I think table arrangment itself is the most headache thing.

Icy..you better chase them fast for the new theme. It only 10 days to your wedding. You still need to decise which flowers, colours of your tables, etc..

sandychoo

Hi ying11,

Oh yeah! hee... I'm so forgetful leh... can you keep us updated of your theme selection? It will be very helpful if you could provide us some info on that..
wink.gif

Kevin is yet to inform me for the cards collection. Left only 2 months for printing and sending out the cards, after excluding the ghost month..

By the way, I've found another PP bride whose AD falls on the same date as mine, 18 Sept. She's taking Pacific Ballroom.

icy

Joline and ying,
yah although different ballroom, think it is the same problem with the vendor case bah.
My coordinator told me I can choose the old theme, if I am not pleased with the new theme.

Ying,
me asked veronica already, she received my pix, telling m,e that she will deliver it to the hotel. :D I need extra time for framing and mounting it, so worried not enough time.
Me have a lot of little little things not done. I picked the table cloth color already, so left with the flowers and theme to decide.

joline,
call him if u want to print ur card earlier. else think they will only contact u abt 2 mths before ur wedding. I know that other girl who is taking pacific ballroom, heehee

larryle

hi all, pretty confused on the corkage wavier for the hard liqour. Is wine included? can we ask them to waive off the corkage charges for wine too? Pls advice...

ying11

Hi Icy,
For the signature poster, how do you plan to frame and mount it? I find that the signature poster is a little too plain. You are using Veronica's signature poster..are you planning to get other signature poster on top of hers? You doing up the movie poster?

Hi larryle,
You will need to speak to your coordinator. Each of us, the terms are different as it depends on teh year we signed. For mine, i hvae cockage waived for 48 bottles (wine and hard liqor). You can look for Kevin from Pan Pac. Nice chap.

Hi Joline,
No prob. Will take pics and upload for you to see.
happy.gif

larryle

Thanks Ying11,

I went Pan Pac yesterday to meet the coordinator, Pauline for a discussion. She doesn't allow waival of wine corkage and insist that this is not allowed. How true is this? Seems that you managed to get 48 bottles waived. And Iso managed to get it waived totally. How many tables are you holding? When is your AD?

I feel quite disappointed that she doesn't wanna give in. Had wanted PP from the 1st day I started my AD planning. Wine cost is a big concern for me. If I can get the wine corkage waived, I will not consider any other options and sign immed with PP.

Do you think we can approach other coordinators in order to get better deals?

panggou

Hi larryle, I think it is because we signed last year, so we manage to get the waiver. nowadays is tougher to get waiver from them, can try to waive one bottle per table?

i am having 25 tables, waive 48 bottles too.

ying11

Hi Larryle,
I signed up at the same time with Winnie. That time, Pauline hasn't joined and I signed with Johnny. Pauline is a nice person to work with. If she can give it to you, she will. If she can't, she will tell you that it cant be done.
happy.gif

I think Pauline is the biggest there, higher position than Kevin. How abt you follow Winnie's suggestion?

At that time I signed, I was waived 48 bottle for 25 tables too.

larryle

Thanks Winnie,

I will definitely try again. I am planning to have at least 40 tables so I dont see why they cannot give me this perk.

My AD is next year and it's even more expensive than this yr. So they should consider giving corkage waival for wine as part of the package.

larryle

Thanks Ying,

Yah, Pauline is a nice lady. I will definitely meet up with her again for further discussion. I will just state my conditions to her. If she can agree, then it'll be happy ending for us. If not, looks like I will have to source other venues.

isobellies

agree with Winnie, apparently PP doesn't give waiver of wine anymore.

some more, my coordinator told me NOT to tell anyone about my waiver because they have couples calling up requesting for it, and saying that someone on the forum said so, and so pinpoint me... so to my surprise today i learnt that both ying and winnie also got waivers!

larryle, i would suggest you tell them straight that if you can get wine corkage waived, you'll sign immediately with them. or maybe you can consider asking them for waiver for a certain number of bottles per table (i would imagine this would be easier than asking for full waiver). Actually i find PP very inflexible, becuase other hotels, like Conrad, offered me 15 bottles of wine free, plus 1 bottle per table corkage waived, and still willing to negotiate more. in the end I only chose PP cos the overall cost is much cheaper, since FH and myself are paying for the dinner ourselves... sigh!

panggou

Hi Larryle, no prob, I am same as Ying, we signed under Johnny so we got a better offer.

Pauline is a stricter person, but heard that she is very responsible.

or another method is to see how much they charge for house wine. cos my friend who is with raffles hotel, if she buys her own wine it is $50 per bottle corkage charge, but if she gets from raffles, it is $35 for wine only.

another method is, see how max she can give you, then go to the wine cellar to look for bigger bottles of wine. cos i went to wine cellar before, they say this is how the overcome the corkage issue for alot of customers.

larryle

Thanks Iso & all,

Really appreciate your immed response.
I was prepared to take up PP liao (before my mtg with them)... But really hope we can get more perks.

We are paying the dinner ourselves also so all these perks would definitely lessen our burden. Sigh....

isobellies

haha, so early in the morning and no one wants to do work ;)

if i'm not wrong, the hierarchy is Hellen (director), then Pauline and Bonnie (is there also another person here?) then Kevin supports all of them...

but i like winnie's last suggestion about the magnum bottles (double the size of normal wine bottles), one of the wine distributors also suggested that for us to do if we were only able to get 1 bottle waiver per table.

larryle

Hi,

PP's wine list range from $27 ~ $33. They are charging me a flat rate of $500 for wine corkage if I bring my own. I estimate I need about 60~80 bottles. Regardless which choice, I wld need to set a side abt $2k or more for wine alone.

I can sense a burning smell in my poc... hiaz....

isobellies

hi sharon,
my friends are all wine drinkers, most of my close friends can safely polish off half a bottle over a few course dinner. so for 40 tables we're budgeting 2 bottles per table, which is actually quite little, since each bottle serves about only 6 glasses. But I guess not everyone will drink.

poohnie23

hi there..

im also considering PP as my venue for next year.
Any coordinator tat can recommend? preferably someone who is more flexible with the perks and gd service..

thanx alot!

icy

Ying,
I buy the frame from Ikea (50x70cm) A2 is like 29.7x42cm so need some mounting. Me can get designer colleagues to help becos my office have the materials and equipment. I actually dun like the template offer by veronica, so I kind of DIY myself by doing some form of collage.

I find that the problem with their design is fonts not very nice. :p

I just intend to use it as poster, just place it in front of ballroom, in fact I will have 2 posters, one from PP and one from my photographer - both A2 size. My BS gave me guestbook, so I am using my BS one. :p

Larryle,
I think the current sales teams have stricter policy to follow.. mine wine waiver was 24 bottles then.

Iso,
ours sign last year by different team, I guess some couples din know. *sigh* I also kanna before at my bs thread then..

panggou

actually can understand the frusttrations when the perks are different, my BS package was more ex than a lot of other gals, though we have the same things, but try not to think about it, cos the more we think, our blood boils hehehe :p

so have to kan4 kai1.

larryle

Hi all,

Thanks for your advice.

By the way, do you know whether wedding showcase are held once a year or more than that? I know they throw in more perks during this time. I know PP's one is over. Dunno when they are going to hold it again...

ying11

Hi Icy,
Thanks. I think will just stick to Veronica for teh signing poster. Ha, anyway its free. Hows the prep for the wedding? Wow, its on next Friday, right? 1 more week to go. Excited?

sandychoo

Hi ying11,

Must be real busy now hor? Hope you can get most of the things done early and make use of the coming one week to have a good rest so that can present the best side of yours big day..

Hmm.. next week my PS photos and albums will be available for collection. So excited..

Ying11, must ask your jie meis to take more pics to show us hor..