Outdoor Wedding (Poolside or Garden) ....... any suggestions??

2bwed

Hi,

I am planning my wedding and want to do it by the pool or garden ........ just something diff from normal sitdown type. Anyone out there has good suggestions? Thanks.

valerie

Raffles marina..
happy.gif
seaside garden party
happy.gif

arctic_hare

Hi 2bwed,

If you like a poolside reception, why don't you try Century Roxy Park Hotel?

Originally, I wanted a poolside reception there too. Century Roxy Park has a maximum of 18 tables (Chinese sit-down dinner), so it's good for a cosy gathering of close friends and relative. The ballroom is just beside the pool and it opens up to it. It will be reserved for your event too, in case it rains.

I would love to hold my dinner there, but then it was already booked for the date that I want. So, *sigh* no choice, has to give it up.

Or, you can also try the poolside reception of other hotels.

Happy planning.

happy.gif
arctic_hare

2bwed

Artic_hare,

Do you have the contact for Century Park? Sounds very nice. By the way, where is it located? Haven't heard of it before. Thanks.

bliss

Hi 2bwed,

I like the balinese garden they have at Hyatt. And I heard the one at Shangri-la is nice too. For poolside, Conrad has an aircon place by the pool(previously jazz bar), and an open-air space too. So what I heard people do, was to "house" the older folks in the air-con place, and have the younger folks out in the open. It was buffet style..

arctic_hare

Hi 2bwed,

Century Roxy Park Hotel is in Marine Parade, opposite Parkway Parade... and beside Paramount Hotel - I think.

The sales co-ordinator is Ms Yap Wei Wei. You can get her at 3405641. She is a nice and bubbly young lady.

So nice until I cannot bear to tell her face-to-face that we have booked another hotel. Faxed the rejection to her instead.

happy.gif
arctic_hare

ryn

Hi ya,

I'm having a poolside buffet at the Conrad. It has an open bar too! The Salon is air-conditioned, but you can also make use of the outside area. They will double book the ballroom for you in case it rains. Man, I hope it won't rain on my wedding!!

jocelyn

Hi 2bwed,

i agree with arctic_hare. Century's poolside dinner is not bad too.... rather romantic feeling... but my no of tables exceed the max, so i can't hold there.

Wei wei is a very nice & bubbly lady as what artic has mentioned.
happy.gif

E

eunicetan

halo arctic hare,

im interested in this century roxy n wonder if u hav the details for the sit-down dinner package?

thanks!
happy.gif

2bwed

Jocelyn, Artic_hare,

Thanks for the feedback. I called century roxy and i think they mentioned a max of 120 people. Still looking around for a suitable venue.

How much should i budget per person for buffet dinner?? Can anyone advice??

Also, what other stuff should i ask them to throw into the package?

Appreciate all the help, thanks

arctic_hare

Hi eunicetan,

so sorry... i threw away information from other hotels and restaurant when i confirmed my wedding dinner at Four Seasons. cannot help you there.

however, you can call weiwei. she is a very nice lady and she can just post or fax the details to you.

happy.gif

Hi 2bwed,
Have i remembered the figures wrongly? sorry if I had given you wrong info :p

how many pax are you thinking of inviting?

happy.gif

D

divergirl

Ryn, your wedding concept sounds interesting... do you mind telling me how much it is per head & how many pax is their min & max for Congrad's pool-side deal. My wedding was suppose to be this month at Raffles Marina but it has been postponed to next June due to family matters. I am so tempted to shift it else where... I love Raffles Marina as my BF & I love water sports BUT everyone is complaining abt the distance... I am estimating 300 Pax. Raffles Marina is abt S$68 per head... Other "Water" related hotels like Grand Copthorn Waterfront is also nice. Rasa/ Beaufort is out for me because it is equally "far".

2bwed

Artic,

I am thinking of 150 people max not too big. i contacted Ivy from Century Roxy and not weiwei. Anyway, most of the outdoor type reception can accommodate about 200 people max so I am OK.

Anybody know whether there is a separate dicussion on what to ask them to throw in for free in the package? Don want to kanna con.

blissful

Ryn,

Care to share what does your package include so I can bargain for them as well. Your wedding reception sounds very interesting. Seriously considering it ....
happy.gif

Thanks

ryn

Hi ya,

I can't remember what my package include, but you can find it under the Conrad hotel tread. But the price is what Raffle Marina is charging, with min 240 pax. We have made amendments to the menu, and if you intend to do that, the price will change accordingly. I think their pricing might have changed recently, and they had a promotion which they threw in beer FOC. However, I didn't get that, but we negotiated for more corkage of wines. The chair covers are FOC too. You might want to pop by Conrad to take a look. It's rather nice at night. I'll go home and take a look at my contract again, and will let you know okie?

2bwed

Ryn,

Thanks so much. Can't wait to see what you've got in your package. I called them up and the basic package they passed to me stated that I have to pay for most of the stuff. Cards, fruit cake, flowers etc....

Most probably need to negotiate to get a better deal.

ryn

Hi everyone,

sorry, I have had the time to write... so bz at work. Okie, we are paying $70nett per pax, min 240 pax. Free chair covers, and 50 bottles of corkage waived. But I had to give up the wedding card for that. If not, you get 80% (I think) of the wedding cards FOC. 2 different ones to choose from. Also comes with the standerd flowers and cakes. Anything you want special, you have to top up. I also have 2 nites at their standard suite - in exchange of the 1 nite at the Presidential Suite. They also dbl book the ballroom for me in case it rains. weather call is at 3pm. Free parking for 20% of total guests. I think that's abt all. We have to buy the beer from Conrad... sooo expensive. Additional corkage for wines are at $25+++ per bottle, but you can try to negotiate it to $25nett.

I think that's abt all. They have different themes, and you can choose. Also I need to pay extra for fans. I can't remember how much. I think it's abt $150.

E

eunicetan

halo all,

i wondered if anyone has tried YWCA fort canning lodge? apparently, they hav a pretty big ballroom as well. they oso hav a pool terrace which overlooks fort canning park. i havent been there personally but it looks pretty gd on the website
happy.gif
n i thot it would be a unique place to hold a private function there.

M

mala

Hi Yunice
did u ask a quotation from them?
can share with me how are the rates like?

tigger

Hi 2bwed

HOw about having it by the beach at Sentosa?
Build a marquee near the beachfront and hve a informal and fun wedding.

jowie

Hi

Marina Mandarin poolside is nice too, they have a shelter, and price is reasonable for buffet dinner(sit down)...however, the management is rigid and not much room for negotiation, and poolside package do not include frills dat banquet package enjoy.

BUT, i still book their poolside coz its a nice place, and i am not into banquet dinner as i will be having one in malaysia

E

eunicetan

halo mala,

sorry me never check with them cos i was juz givin suggestions
happy.gif

S

sb

Hi all,

any contigency if it rains?
I wanna do mine as an outdoor event...but am really afraid if it rains on the actual day. Even if there's shelter.... i'm sure all the guests as well as myself will be affected by it

D

ding dong

Hi SB,
I have chk with Rasa Sentosa before. Yes they do have a contingency plan for you. A nice function with windows all over so you can still have the sea view. Not bad. Had really wanted to sign with the,m. Elaine, the lady I spoke to was so... so ..nice. But FH prefers main island...Can call to find out more details.

ale

I had my solemnisation near the sea at Labrador Park. The venue was free - approval was sought from NParks through their website. It was much better than the polyclinic-style ROM at Fort Canning (all the jostling and waiting for your turn, if you know what I mean).

In contrast, we had the rustling of the waves and Sentosa island as our backdrop. Guests simply pulled chairs together to chit chat while kids played in the sand-pit. My photos with the reddish hue of the cliff edge looked like studio shots. However I did pray VERY hard for good weather. Not a good idea if your weddding is planned during the rainy season. There's ample parking now as compared to what it used to be, though the park is getting increasingly popular. Because my husband and I weren't picky about having posh settings, we only spent $700 ($500 buffet lunch + $250 mini tent) for about 70 guests. I think it was really good value for money.

rhs

Hi all,
Anyone got updates on outdoor/poolside wedding? I've been pulling my hair looking for venue
sad.gif
Most hotel pools are quite big so they refuse to close it for us ... I want to use floating candles *sob*

pinkapple

hi RHS,

how many tables u looking at?

n u want just outdoor (garden/seaside) or must b poolside?

I know one poolside... near marine parade one. can't remember the name

if just any outdoor then got lots!

dawn

Hi

has anyone signed up for the Grand Hyatt garden package? The garden is quite beautiful but venue fee $5k is alittle on the high side.

Also have concerns abt quality of buffet food.
Any comments?

Thanks

pinkapple

hi Dawn,

if u want garden, I'd recommand u courtyard at Fort Canning Centre. beautiful place too. much cheaper I'd think.

I had my dinner there.

katherine

hi pinkapple,

if u still do check this thread after so long, which caterer did u cater from and how much did u spend for ur wedding?? the deco and all...

thanks!

touraco

hi dawn,

i went to view The Garden at Hyatt as well. I really like the place but the rental of the place put me off. And that it's quite difficult to "consolidate" everyone as there isn't a stage or something and the tables are put around the center area which holds the buffet.

hi katherine,
i am going to have mine at The Sentosa Spa and Resort (formerly known as The Beaufort). will be having the solemnisation outdoor and the dinner indoor.

pinkapple

Hi Katherine,

my caterer was CDCS. erm.. everything add up think abt $60 per guess. including my $3k deco. the more guest, the "cheaper". cos the deco and venue can be divided by a bigger number. but my PA system was free lah.

where u looking at?

katherine

hi pineapple and touraco,

looking here and there...went beaufort to see also, like the lawn terrace but hubby dun like...
sad.gif

asked about caterer cos thot of holding wedding at fort canning, raffles house..have asked lavish dine and another caterer, sum up to quite ex, almost $80-90 per pax and we feel that it's not sensible to spend so much per pax for garden wedding...still looking around...
happy.gif

sneezy

Hi Hi,

Got another suggestion, for those who want garden wedding.. can try Mandai Orchid Garden.. nice place.

I'm having my ROM at that place.

scobido

do u hv their contacts, sneezy? r there any shelter? is it by botanical gdn mgmt? if so, e coordinator once told me that he can only mt us during wkdays...
sad.gif

scrumpee01

Hi Girls

If u confirm having an outdoor wedding, I have a suggestion to make for your march-in. U can ask you guests to lit up those fire-sparklers when u start marching in. but of course u have to dim the light first if u installing any outdoor lighting. It will be very beautiful, imagine in with all the fire sparklers shining like stars in the dark sky. I actually wanted to do this for my outdoor wedding but sad to say it rained on my AD, and I had to move my banquet to the indoors, so in the end did not get to use the fire sparklers. I actually prepared 280 stickers for my 28 tables, 10 sticks for each table. In this way, all your guests will get to participate instead of just the guests sitting along the al throwing confetti.

If any of u are interested, I can let go my fire sparklers to u at a discounted price. I have already sorted them into a bunch of tens. They are 14inch long, not the normal short ones.

devion23

The Roxy century hotel poolside interest me....anybody got any photo shoots on their wedding day? [email protected]

So outdoor has no air-con, not sure whether this will be a problem for the guest.

So should I go for a buffet style or Chinese dinner style?

tarea

hi, sorry to pop in this thread!

fire-sparklers!! is it those children play that kind? a great idea! feasible to do in ballroom? will it smoke the whole room? ;)

buffy

Not too sure if this is late. But can consider mount faber - the place is now called jewel box as it has been totally refurbished. They have a few outdoor areas as well as a full glass panel ballroom which has a great view but offers the comfort with aircon...

blessedger

HI May Ling, we are planning for our ROM and Dnr to be held at mandai orchid as well. Haven't been to that place tho, plannig to go down this weekend. Any idea how's the food like?> As it is quite far from city area, will transport be inconvenient for the guest? how is their wedding packages like? Hope to have some adv from you..:D thanks!

joeyelmo

Im thinking of an outdoor venue for buffet dinner, an informal event.

Will be considering Hyatt, Conrad or Sentosa... Thanks.

inykt

Christine Koh>>

Ur ROM very nicely decorated.. did u do everything on ur own or they help u with it and is it costly for the decoration the flowers etc?