Outdoor ROM Venue

w33lp

Hi,

I'm new here and am so glad to found this forum. =)

Can anyone give me some suggestions on outdoor solemnisation venues?

My ideal was a beach wedding, but Rasa Sentosa requires min 80 pax (@ S$68++) and I wanted a small ceremony with 30 pax attending. Plus budget wise, we don't want to spend more than 3k.

While Sentosa's package for Club Islander is S$98++, Sky Deck is S$118++ and Southernmost Point of Asia is S$168++ (my fav but it's too expensive!) all for min 60 pax. Sigh...

Therefore, I don't think I'll be able to have a beach wedding anymore...

Anyone has any suggestions on alternative outdoor venues? So far, the only one I'm very interested in is Changi Village Hotel but it's very cheap either... (@ S$98++ for min 30 pax)

Please help!!! =)

815720.jpg

dizonne

Hi Elyse

Im having a beach party. But im having it at one of e beach bistro-bar. Prefer it to Rasa, as there's bth indoors n outdoors, and Im just 10 steps away frm e sea.

This could be an alternative venue to hold ur beach wedding...Though im not sure if it fits into ur budget.

kv24

my ROM is at Labrador Natural Reserve, the Glass HOuse (Look for the forum topics on this in this website)

buffet priced at $45++ onwards * 30 pax (mini pax required) only less then 2K. Just you need to prepare yourself for invits, favours, PA sys charges if required , glass hse rental $ 480 for whole day.. singaporeexplorer.com

beach style too exp in sg to hold.. and hard to meet mini pax... they wan more ppl normally for hotels so they can earn moeny... so labrador can be the next best choice.. beside the sea, glasshouse in middle of pool (like a lake house) among the forest.. i love the feeling too much..hee..

dizonne

elyse,
u can try hunting ard...some do have pkgs as low as $35nett per pax. Of course you can alwaes opt for tea buffet, etc.

Kervin,
Beach style is not tat exp to hold in SG la..juz tat u need to be veri creative, resourceful and got to DIY some stuffs tat cant be found here..

Im planning for mine next year, n mi budgeted amount is only abt 30% of what couples who have dinners in ballrooms spent.

kv24

don think so leh.. most exp part for a weddin is their "per head" tat they charge for buffet.. for hotels, beach style they buffer all their costs n big mark up inside le and plus usage of the Sea breeze charges hehe ..if doing in restnt/outdoor eg in labrador is only 45++.. wat u DIY or wat.. don consider inside since it is every up to indivdual..but main cost exp is still the "food" fixed price tat they charged.. like wat elyse stated.. beach (sentosa) is range 90 to 100++ which infact is more exp then i know for the 5 stars hotel in central zone.. i checked fairmont hotel, hyatt,trader hotel, marina mandrain all also not as exp as sentosa's per head charges (but hotels also need $70++ n has this 60 pax mini requirement) ..if still need to DIY in such exp places.. total exp is headache.. pay more don mean is your marriage is more happy..main thing is do within budget..a cheaper one normaly can give more personallize effect.. cos can do DIY w loved ones tat is not those standard decor given by such big hotels.. eg in labrador onyl simple table setting n solemnisation table decor,centrepiece given..all others personal touch is own DIY.. i budget not more then $200 on such DIY stuff.. some more ribbons here n there..candles decor to light up the places, path way, some weddin decor.. since favours got to shop myself..also not tat exp.. can buy v gd gifts online/JB $3*60 guest only max $200..printing of cards inserts also the most $100 ( we have self -design a bookmark style invit card so guest can keep after our wedding, will laminate n add ribbon to tie the bookmark + insert ourselves) so buffet if max $3k the most is 1k for decor..for me my total cost iwll be abt 5k since i inviting 60++ guests..

kv24

got beach charge only 35++?? then shd be indoors type le... in the restn/ hotels.. not by the sea de.. sea style one they really charges in alot de..for adminstrative n cos it is popular in sg ..so hotel normally give big mark up due to high demand
anyway.. since have outdoor venues like "the playground@big splash" looks nice which my other fren show me tat time..but when i told her abt labrador she in the end choose it for her rom.. two totalyl diff feel ba..one is more garden/grasss feelin.. one is more sea+pool+glasshouse romantic feelin..n still can dine under the stars..hee

w33lp

Yeap, Rasa's price is much more ex than central zone's hotel plus it's for high tea buffet only.

So, beach wedding is kinda out for me I guess.

Kervin, where is the buffet setup? I mean, your ceremony is at the Glass House so where is the buffet at? Villa Seafood Galleria? Moon Ladder? The Olive Ristorante?

kv24

elyse.. you can go down there to see.. there got chinese/italian buffet .. i opt for italian since more classy..speciall..chinese food the menu like hi-tea..not suitable for my dinner rom n looks cheapo machiam catering.. i lise w the mgr at seafood villa.. food is from Olive.. there hold customary weddin dinner also not bad..special n food is nice n cheap..$300-500++ only buffet u can opt to place it at the grass beside the pool or indoor in their pte rooms..can hold 30 pax jsut nice for u..for me the rooms too small for my 60 pax plu si refer outdoor dinning..causual

zerochristy

Elyse> Hi. I think you can try Changi Cottage... cannot remember the full name. You do a search on the internet can find one.

dizonne

kervin,
my venue's buffet starts from as low as $35nett per pax. And it is definitely not indoors type. Like i mentioned earlier, there is an al dente area, and oso an air conditioned area, gd for 'housing' your older relatives. And, my venue is just 10 steps away from the sea.

Mine needs more decor because they are a bistro-bar...You dun expect bistro-bars to have all e 'wedding' decor rite..They do hav their own decorators, bt i feel tat i rather use e $$ for betta food, then spend on deco, which i can DIY. Im paying less than 80 per pax for my customised menu, and mi guests have lobsters, oysters, roast beef, etc, which i tink is reali worth it, compared to hotel prices.

Btw, mi bistro-bar is at one of the beaches in SG.

I have abt 150 guests, and my total expected expenditure, inclusive of PG, VG, BS, Dinner, Jazz Band, etc just comes up to abt 15k. It is possible to have your dream wedding with a low budget. Juz my 2 cents worth.

kv24

oic...you mean buffet at those pub/bistro restn.. ok.. those are considered as near the beach too.. not held by hotels de..hotels confirm more exp..good lor.. nice menu..got lobsters..so which bistro bar name?? share for the other elyse and other brides lor.. so they can check it out too.. normally cheaper mean you only pay for food..alot of things not inclusives so got to ala-carte n do yourselve..but worth it de..doin it yourslve..mafan abit but still can enjoy processs w your FH... but since that bistro got 35 weddin package n u top up till 80 for better food..overall they earn alot le..get them to throw in some basis decor at lesat ba..save on it.. since u buy also no use (eg those ribbons,flowers decor)..else if source them yourselves also easy n cheap..

dizonne

kervin,
mi wedding is veri westernised. I'll b doing my ROM and dinner all in tat dae..Its more like a wedding party rather than a wedding dinner ba..Singing, dancing, drinking...

Most of my decor stuffs are 'rubbish' tat others dun wan..Mi frends, relatives n colleagues are helping mi to collect them. Wedding favours, invitations, wedding arch, are all done by miself..less than 100 ba..So the onli tings im spending on tat cant b reused are onli e ribbons n flowers lor...

there are wholesales in sg tat sell these stuffs. Of course, if you find them expensive, u can alwaes go to thailand or indo to buy..treat it as a prehoneymoon preview lor..or a de-stress trip before your big day..

I dun find it mafan la..i juz wanna make it a veri personal affair, whe all e attendees can enjoy themselves, and hopefully notice and appreciate e sweet tings i've done..

Will pm elyse..dun wan pple to tink im promoting for them...haha..also, mi AD is onli in sep next year...if i start telling people now, my idea wil not b fresh by then..haha

w33lp

yalor, what's the name of the bistro bar you are holding your wedding, xiaokeai?

kervin, i'm waiting for glass house/spore explorer to give me their pricing. already emailed them. googled some pics of others' solemnisation party there and it looks great.

w33lp

xiaokeai, i couldn't find anywhere to activate my pm leh...

i like your idea. mine is kinda like that too, rom followed by small party. initially we didn't even want any party, just rom then over and done with. then go for honeymoon at maldives.

but i thought it would be nice to have a small celebration with some close friends and at the same time, wanted more hassle free and less work kinda arrangement, that's why looking for places that has packages. (lazy mah! haha)

zerochristy

Elyse> Your welcome... cause my florist got 1 couple had their ROM there so nice the set up so I remember the place... if you need anything just ask la
happy.gif
So when is your ROM & AD?

w33lp

No AD leh. Planning to do just ROM followed by small party then go for honeymoon. Woo hoo! Now trying to decide on a place and get the date, 09 Sep 09 for ROM. Hopefully we can find a venue that we fall in love with immediately. Sigh!

whisky

how about trying Seletar country club... i having my ROM n AD in nov 08

i got some pics to share...lunch/dinner rom only at 42++/48++ per person...

816989.jpg

816990.jpg

kv24

yes..mine is also like tat.. a westernize solemnisation..a wedding that i wanted not restricted by old-fashion ppl opinions.. haha.. i not taking into those ppl negative feedback say outdoor wedding not good.. do at Registry better.. (got mosquitoes, not windy, no a/con, too windy xxx ..nvr ending complains) i have personally attended one such beautiful weddin in Bintan for my ex-colleagues years ago..a pte pool between 2 villas units tat they booked.. best wedding I have went to..with all the singing, dancing, n later..plurging into the pool to have a wet wedding.haa... anyway my AD is on another date.. but that i wan to keep to simple for the sake of the old ppl then hold only.. cant be bothered with it..

so wat kind of "rubbish" you are using?? since it is outdoor..you can use those coconuts and make those "lamps" with fire burning in the coconuts.. i like those effect..and if ur venue allows u to do so.. think of safety precautions..

since my ROM is at poolside.. my decor also cant be too drama.. only tea-lights..petals , ribbons..cant think more le..

kv24

Elyse..there will be a grand wedding to be held at labrador on 11.11.08 7k decor tat the couple put in...i wonder wat they done to spend so mcuh..so they don know how to recycle or resource management.. or they really put gold,crystal all over the place... i will be going down to take a peek.. hee

w33lp

take pic and show us ok, kervin? i've got 2 weddings to attend on 11/11 so don't think i'll be able to go.

7k ah? wah, maybe they use those professional decorators plus exotic materials? hehe. 7k is more than the budget for my rom ceremony cost. i guess it's up to individual on how much they are willing to spend... i have a coll who spend more than 8k for her wedding album package. i'm only willing to spend 2k. hehehe!

dizonne

kervin,
im using jars and btls, and pebbles, shells, beach toys, etc...most of the tings tat i buy will be given to guests to bring back oso..dun wan waste $$..

most prob tat couple uses sm exotic flowers ba..coz i koe simple decos oso they charge abt 1.5k le...

w33lp

btw, last year's during my friend's ROM, i found her this freelance decorator: http://blissfulthots.multiply.com/

she charges $75 nett for the decorations for:
1 table arrangement for solemnisation table,
5 chairs deco (solemnisation),
and a few guest chairs deco.

fresh flowers and no transportation charges.

zerochristy

Elyse> Oh... my AD is half a day nia. No wedding dinner one. Kekeke! I also can Woo Hoo... so are you taking any wedding package like bridal shop for the photo taking.... wah 090909 a hot date le... its good you are looking into things now...

w33lp

i'm planning to take wedding package from JB's bridal shop. have a few in mind liao, but haven't choose. coz the most impt is to get the venue and date 1st. hehehe... i heard there are ppl who alrdy book 090909 lor.

kv24

table decor and standard solemnisation table my restn got provide le.. solemm table only got to add the extra weddin bears/ring pillow scatter more flowers or marbles/stone etc can le.. i only wonde rhow to kick up a atmospher for the venue.. i don wan too many flower..v wasteful.. cant keep..using more candle/tea-lights in lanterns so lantern can give to my helper in the end.. balloon i wont get a lot to decor..but put some cute one so later my niece n newphew can play..

bathfoam

how about villa rain tree at labrador park if not villa halia at botanic garden or The Lawn in Raffles hotel? i can't remember the package for villa rain tree but the villa halia venue is free as long as u order the food...buffet starts at sgd 55++/pax or u can also fo a sit down lunch/dinner.

w33lp

thanks foamy!

1st time heard of villa halia, will do research now. hehe. as for villa rain tree, i've already contacted them but they have not gotten back to me yet... the glass house there looks so nice.

w33lp

if you mean flower petals, get from those wholesaler or flower market lo. it's cheaper mah. plus flowers are biodegradeable, can save the environment mah. hehe. or buy some cupcakes to decor your table instead of bears?

i don't think you need to do too much decorations coz the place itself is already very nice. =) don't overstress yourself ah...

zerochristy

elyse> oh.. there is cheaper than singapore just that have to make time to go to JB and travel back nia. If you dun have AD than you also dun need to worry on brining out the gown... and arranging your MUA la. Hot date ma... so thats why lots of pple book liao. My AD is 4 Oct 2009 even my PG I also settle liao.

kv24

i intending to have a candy bar at one of the reception table.. and some simple "old syle toys" like the fire on stick tat one..?? don know wat its name.. sparkling one.. nice effect at nite time.. i not using wedding bears cos i using my own sleeping Monkey toys as my ring pillow/use as a companions to sit on my solemnisatoin table.. i sewing a gown for the she-monkey.. got wrote of it in another forum link le..

w33lp

hi christy, yeap the only downside is having to make time to go JB. but i can take it as shopping trip lor... hehe. yeap, coz i don't have AD, there's no worry about going to get our gown in etc.

foamy, i still haven't found the perfect place yet... =(

w33lp

kervin, i think i'll only be going after i've settled the venue 1st. hehe. coz i have more or less decided which bridal shop to choose.

btw, my fren mentioned that there's a bridal show coming up in jb mid-nov. go to the show la, can get better package and price.

w33lp

they've replied me asking for further details and now i'm waiting for their quotes for me. hehe...

annisan

hihi... need help !!!!
im getting ROM nxt year...
i still cant find a venue that fits within my Budget...
Im looking for a venue bout 2500 for about 50-60pax...

Anyone is kind enough to give me suggestion? =P

Thanks Thanks ! :)

w33lp

hi annisan,
so far the cheapest i've found is from changi beach club at $55+ (no service charge) for a minimum of 30 pax.

hope that helps.