Our new look!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Welcome to our new look! Hope you like it. If you don't see all changes or if you still see some old navigation icons, you may need to clear your cache to see the full new look.

You can clear your cache by going to your browser's Tools
triangle_right.gif
Internet Options
triangle_right.gif
Temporary files, click on "Delete Files".

In this new look, we've also added the "Home". We've also added new emoticons which are known as kao-ani. This kao-ani are uniquely developed for SingaporeBrides.com and copyrighted to us. You are only seeing a small portion of this kao-ani as there will be more to come under development. If you've any emotions for the kao-ani which you would like to see, let us know!

By the way, did you notice that there are kao-ani of both gender in our selection?
kao_biggrin.gif

Please feel free to give us your comments.
kao_wink.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

bit_bit

Hi Chin Leng,

Wow! Great New Look!! Good Job there!
Mighty glad tat U've included some kaoanis! Hope the list will keep expanding!
kao_smile.gif

babu

chin leng,
why blue color one?? not pink color one?? always blue one...
kao_sad.gif

hehehe.. kidding la..good job mate!
kao_biggrin.gif

naturally

Yup, i like the new look too! The kao ani icons are so cute, yeah, now need not always upload image liao!
kao_smile.gif

But hor, how come got more female kao anis than male ones? Not that i'm complaining! heehee...

Oh, just realised also that the kao_smile and kao_happy looks exactly the same???

babu

no time,
orr.. i know wat u meant liao!!!! trick me!! u seow char bor!! kekeke.. seow liao i think i pregant liao, cos i became very slow in this kind of joke!!! hahahaha..

wsj

hi chinleng
when i first got in this morning, thot i got into wrong site! Then i realised the colours had changed!

I liked the new look of the site
smile.gif
and the new emoticons too! A Job Well Done!
kao_happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Thank you all! Really glad to know that everyone likes the new look. It was really a scary experience
kao_scared.gif
to make a change as we never know how it'll be received. Of course, there is always the worry that by changing the look, we may break the forum by accidentally corrupting some critical files.

We may backups upon backups and some test runs before the implementation. Now I know the effort is all worth it!

Currently, there are more lady kao-ani as it was being designed and developed first. As time to come, we expect to have more and balanced distribution of boy and girl kao-ani.

Thank you all! This new change is for all the users and supporters of SingaporeBrides.com!
kao_biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

flyn

Hi Chin Leng,

Thanks for keeping up a good work!! I love the new look... so cool and refreshing!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi naturally,

Thanks for the note! We've now corrected the file and uploaded the correct one. Now kao-ani "happy"
kao_happy.gif
and "smile"
kao_smile.gif
are different.
kao_biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

magix

oh wow, this colour is much more pleasing to the eye!!!
happy.gif
COOL!!!!

thot my PC kena virus or something when i logged in! HAHAHAHAHA
biggrin.gif

Thumbs up! Good job done!
proud.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Would like to thank all for the scintillating comments! Really appreciate them! All the late nights are sure worth it!
kao_wink.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chillipadi25

Yo CL!
happy.gif
love the new look...pastel blue looks so soothing to the eyes....plus sync in together with theme - singapore brides...
happy.gif

Many thanks
happy.gif

renae

Dear Chin Leng,
great job!! So pleasing to the eye with great design and colours!

How to add the icons from the adding message?

snoozy

Dear Chin Leng,

sorrie for being rude, i feel that the way you change the colour is totally like another new brides website. It good to have a change but not the same colour background.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Magic Wand,

Haha! It would great if there is such a virus... helping us to change our forum to look better!
biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jingles,

Yes, SingaporeBrides colour has always been blue since we started in year 2000. That's why our forum had been blue previously. The current change is that it is a more soothing blue which matches our overall look too.

Great too know that you like it too!

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for the compliment!
kao_biggrin.gif

To use the emoticons, just type \clipart{kao_wink} or whichever emoticons you can find in our list.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Snoozy,

No worries, you are just giving your comments.
happy.gif

If you may have noticed, we've more than the normal number of maintenance announcements since early February. They were all due to the testing and making preparations for the new look.

The colour change has been confirmed a few months back already. That's why our new icons like the arrows and folders are blue in colour too. That is to match our new colour scheme which we've decided for sometime already.

SingaporeBrides has always been blue as that is our colour. It is only natural even after changing our colour scheme, the forum has remained blue except that the colour tones are more soothing.

Anyway, to the best of our knowledge, the colour scheme and look we have here is not similar to any other sites.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

starfruit

hi Chin Leng,

The new look is Great! Its nice to see a positive changes to this forum site every now and then. Keep up the good work.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Starfruit and Winterhakone,

You are welcome! We are very comfortable with the new look too! This is all done up in advance of our 5 year anniversary in another month's time!

With another year, we definitely need to spruce up our look before our 5 year anniversary!
kao_biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

joniel

Hi Chin Leng

After the revamp..why is it that "Anything under the sun" is always in the "collapse" mode. It is more difficult to find the thread.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Joniel,

We did not change the setting to the topics so that "Anything under the sun" topic should not be in "collapse" mode. I still see "Anything under the sun" in "expand" mode. Would appreciate if you can let me know which links you clicked that shows the "Anything under the sun" in "collapse" mode. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

user

dear CL,
do u tink is possible to keep e navigation part permernantly there instead of scrolling down with e page.

joniel

Hi Chin Leng
It happens to me twice after the revamp so I thought you guys did some changes. Anyway today when I log on it seems fine. Thanks.

Btw, it is possible to add "48 hrs" to the current "24....72 hrs". Just a suggestion.

Good job!