Orchard Parade Hotel-Club Chinos

eileen10

hi meekoo - Yes, think you will need a laptop to run it. You can check this vendor whom I hv used for doing my company's event.

Computer Rentals & Cares
Tel 67436776
705 Sims Drive #05-18 Shun Li Industrial Complex
Singapore 387384

I think it will cost you somewhere around S$ 500 (very expensive).

Cheers

mint

Hi meekoo,
No I did not do a montage during my dinner cos read from previous postings that it's extra costs to get the projector etc.

Perhaps you can also try borrowing laptops from your friends?

summer

Hi all,

I hav actually booked the wedding banquets fr CC too (not under promotn). Like to chk if anyone has chosen the $600 menu?? How's the food like? Understand that the last dish is also deserts. Wanna to change but learnt fr Eric that he'll charge additional $30-$50 per dish...too ex.

eileen10

hi summer, i hv choosen the same menu as you. my food tasting will only be in early May. i never try CC food b4 but just heard from many pp that it is very gd, will get to know how true is it..I will let u know how is it. when's yr wedding?

hi meekoo, i agree very expensive..that's why wanted to drop off the idea of having the montage, until i found Albert Chua, Everafter.

meekoo

hi eileen

u mean Albert chua did the montage for u too? my bridal package actually cover actual day photographing.

so much is their service?

eileen10

hi meekoo, yah, he will do the actual day photography, do the montage and also provide you the projector...If yr bridal pkg already includes the photography, then I guess it will be better to stick with the pkg, in order not to incur extra costs...
happy.gif

meekoo

hi eileen

thot of checking with the bridal shop, how will they deduct if i want to cancel the actual shooting.

and check what albert price, if almost the same then might as well use albert.

how much does it cost you for all that?

thks
happy.gif

summer

Hi Eileen10,

Let's me know how's the food like when u go for food tasting...thanks!!

My wedding is in Nov. My cousin's wedding banquet used to be in CC too. I liked their food and also booked it. What i worry is that most chinese banquet is 9 dishes but the $600 package is 8 dishes2 are deserts, dunno can calculate tis way). And u know, some ppl will leave b4 the deserts are served. But it's ex to change dishes..Eric also discouraged it.

meekoo

hi eileen

mine is on 8/5. coming soon..... check with my bridal shop only deduct $200 if i cancelled the actual day shooting..
sad.gif

no choice got to stick with them. thks so much. so how is preparation coming?

eileen10

hi summer, i see..my pkg has a total of 9 dishes, becos i hv booked long time ago. i think now, many restaurants and hotels are changing to 8 course and the last course is always dessert and is considered as 1 dish.

hi meekoo, so your wedding is earlier than mine.. i wld thot so..usually they wont deduct the actual value one.. never mind lor, at least can save some $ also.

my preparation is ok. think you are more busy than I am hor? going for my PS this coming Mon!
happy.gif

rachel

hee Summer,

u mean now the 600 menu now has two desserts? I signed up last year 02 March..hehe...very KS cos my wedding is in Sep03, hua ren ba yue..the menu only have one dessert lei..

Hee Gals,

when should will call Eric huh? how many months b4 our wedding day? i abit lost touch cos i book last yr March...

mint

Hi rachel,
Call him when you want to have your food tasting. Other than that, you can call him 1 week before your wedding to confirm everything.

Hi summer,
Mine was also the $600 menu...but I dun remember it having two deserts leh...I know the second last dish was noodles lor...

meekoo

hi summer

mine also the $600 menu. also 1 dish... i very KS too! i booked it during dec'01 !

hi eileen

very busy and confused.. cos dun know what to do... and getting broke too
sad.gif
PS on mon! that exciting! i love PS, it always fun ! enjoy yourself that day!
happy.gif

abrinas

hi ladies

Did not come in for a few days cos my office no longer has internet access n am now using FH's laptop.

Mine also the $60 menu. I booked same time as you, meekoo. Me v. KS too!!

Hi eileen

Enjoy your PS. You will like it!

summer

Hi meekoo,

I booked on tis year. Actually, it was very rushing as most of our prefered resturants were already booked and for CC, the previous couple gave up their booking and Eric asked were we still interested.

My last two dishes are Qing tang and petite four (dunno spell correctly or not). Understood from Eric that both are deserts..So, a bit sian. Wanna to change but too ex...Maybe will decide after food tasting loh.

meekoo

hi summer

it might not be very worth.. cos understanding if we change to other dish might need to topup...

hi gals

i had decided on the color theme - white for the dinner... cos the ballroom not very ball, thus white will help to make it look neater and bigger, i tink

another 2 more days, will be my big day. really wish to get over it soon! so tiring....and busy

sakurasan

Hi meekoo

Remember to bring ur contract along with you on ur wedd day coz CC dun allow you to settle ur dinner the next day - must settle immediately after the dinner... in case there's any conflict regarding beer, parking coupons, etc, you've ur contract with you.

Enjoy ur wedding...I had mine at CC too - I also used the white theme.
happy.gif

cyn

Harlor All!

Anyone interested in taking over my weekend pkg for 5 July? Date can be changed according to OP Ballroom's avilability...

summer

Hi all,

Like to check with u, how many types of themes does CC offer? Also, the colour of table clothes?? Cos i wanna to choose a light yellow color evening gown for my wed but afraid that it "crash" wif the table clothes. Thanks!!

Also, does anyone choose the same menu as i?? Like to hear the comments.

mint

Hi meekoo,
How was your wedding?
happy.gif

Hi summer,
I dun think they have light yellow table cloths so should be quite safe to go ahead with your EG.

help

Dear girls,

I am also thinking of cc. But I missed the bridal show over at Laguna. Was just wondering can anyone give me a few advice on cc? How the food? Can request for free flow of beer and corkage charges? Thanks!

mango

i had my wedding at cc. the food was excellent. Everyone who attended my wedding commented that the food is delicious, special (different frm other dinner) and sharks fin was good. last but not least abt the food was there's not much msg, its quite blend.

for free flow of beer and corkage waiver, u hv to speak to Eric for such arrangement.

Their service was prompt except one of my guests commented that when she requested for wine, she was told that they ran out of wine, which cnt be cos i had left over. when i checked with cc, seems that the waiter/ress deny such happens.

mint

Hi help,
I had my wedding at CC. Food was excellent. My guests loved it and had good comments about it. For me, I got a 30 litre barrel of beer free and corkage waived on hard liquor only.

ccy

Hi all!

I'm looking at CC for my banquet..

I'm also interested in $600 package.. but it's not the nett price rite? Check with you gals.. how much did u pay nett after all those taxes?

Cyn - U wanna sell yr package? yr date is for 2003 or 2004?
Which package did u choose? Why you wanna sell it?

mint

Hi ccy,
The nett is after adding GST and service charge. Cyn's wedding package is for 2003. Her wedding will be postponed.

M

mee mee

Hi...

Need some ideas. Did anyone happen to choose the red wedding invitation card from CC? What did you do with the empty round flap that covers the "Xi" word? Did you print anything on it?

mee mee

M

mee mee

Sherine,

Thanks for replying. : )

Does it look classy? Is it hot stamped in gold? I have tried to tie ribbon on it but it looks strange...

mee mee

sherine

mee mee,

yup it was hot stamped in gold...look quite nice..r u using your own printers? if you are using focal ad (they are the ones who provide the cards for tung lok) u can see the sample at their office
happy.gif

M

mee mee

sherine,

thanks! That's comforting. I'll make a trip down to focal ad when its nearer to my wedding date.

cheers,
mee mee

rejoicejoy

mee mee,

there are other types of cards for selection right? we used focal ad also, but we took another design which is not from the range CC provided, its not too expensive, cos we are entitled to deduct $0.50per card if we dont want to use those by CC.. worked out to be slightly less than $200 for 260 cards. H/w we didn print the map on card, use their standard map which is separately printed on ivory squarish paper.

M

mee mee

Hi rejoicejoy,

Oh... i din know about the rebate... that's better. Then can choose an alternative design. : )

thanks thanks,
mee mee

rejoicejoy

Hi mee mee

you can ask Gina abt it, she's the one whom i liaise with from focal ad. The other cards are mostly more than $1 per piece.. mine was a very simple one with names in front and 1 wedding pic inside card... it was a longish card that fit into those long envelopes. As we print direct on the card, we didnt have any insert that need additional gold string to tie with.. thus maybe cost less..
happy.gif

cheerios

Hi gals, I am about to sign up with cc. But was just wondering did any of you sign up for the $600 package. There was one last dish that goes something like petite four........anyone got idea what is it? It is a sweet or tea? Please advice. Thanks!

koori

Hi gals,
Can someone tell me if this package is under Orchard Parade hotel or Club Chinos?
How about weekdays? Is it Mon to Thur or Mon to Fri?

happy

Hi,

Anybody can tell me more abt the $600 package. How come there are only 7 dish + 2 desserts. Seems a bit weird?

tris

Hi,

I've just gone down to CC two days ago to view the ballroom. It's the first hotel that I've looked at so far, haven't seen other hotels yet. Realised that the ballroom ceiling is pretty low and gave a claustrophobic feeling. Is it just me or are most ballrooms' ceilings this low?

Am on some kind of budget, $650 nett max. for weekend wedding. Seems like only CC fits my budget. Would greatly appreciate if anyone of you out there can make some recommendations.

mngo

hi , i had mine there last year. yes.. the ceiling is low. but my photographer says tat with that and it's lights, he can capture pictures better and brighter.

the food was really excellent. service good too. most of the other ballrooms like pan pacific, mandarin marinda, suntec etc have a higher ceiling.

eileen10

I agree with mngo. The service is gd and food is fantastic and creative! I must also say that Kelvin and his staff are very professional and my coordinators have no problem working with them. Though the ceiling is low, I feel that the ballroom is cosy. Of course, other hotels have higher ceiling, but also charged more expensive.

mookie22

hi, i'm anxiously looking around for banquet venues. any comments on the difference in ambience, deco, service & perks between holding the dinner in the restaurant vs the ballroom?

hkl

hi all,

For wedding at Orchard Parade Hotel Club Chinos, do we need to compile all the wedding songs into one CD or pass all the different CDs to Club Chinos will do?

sakurasan

Hi hkl

For my wedding at CC, I did not compile my wedding songs into a CD. I got a friend to be in charge of the music and he then asked the CC staff to play the different songs according to my requirements.

mint

Hi hkl,
you can pass all the different cds to the manager there and tell him which track to play.

swansh

Hi all,

Just went down to OPH to check out the ballroom and package again. I agree with eileen10 that the place looks cozy even if the ceiling is not that high. However, find that the ballroom will be quite cramped if there were more than 30 tables. Anyone had any experience?

Am still scouting around for good package however judging from the good comments given, OPH will be the preferred choice. Anyone knows how much to top up if we change the dessert (Ching Teng to Pudding) ? Kindly share if you have any knowledge. Thanks in advance!