Orchard Hotel

brides08

hi min

my wedding is next mth on wkend. my package was booked last yr so tats abalone. ur per table is how much? no abalone? then wat offer u have?
mine is free flow beer leh no extra tables.

i dun really noe how many decors they have cos the one tat i chose is not shown on pic as well. juz visulising.

hi sdyna

as mentioned above i dun have the offer tat u having. no free table at all.

hi celine
u dun have abalone? maybe cos urs on wkday? then wat u have? when u booked?

mine is garden theme but then will still be having floating candles at the aisle. something like tat. quite diff to describe.

min_minnie

Hi, Brides08,

Are u one of the Novas? Are you having any slides presentation? OH doesn't provide a projector. Since you have tried the dishes, any recommendation specifically? How about the songs? Are u taking it from their list?

brides08

Hi Min

Wat does Novas mean????

Yupe having montage. They provide only the screen but not projector. I will be renting a projector from o/s.

Cant really recommend u any dishes cos U taking the menu package. Not taking songs from their list.

zuzu

hi min

me just had my wedding a few weeks ago at OH. Must say, I was very happy with them overall. The first comment from frens who attended my wedding is always food is good. So I think you need not worry abt food.
happy.gif

celyw

hi zuzu,

can tell us more about your experience with OH, what are their good points and what issue we need to take note. Thank you.
happy.gif

zuzu

hi celine

dont really have much to share cos i find that many things are very standard. u can try to negotiate for more but me the paiseh kind. i'll just ask for things that really matters to me.

for me, i had quite a friendly relationship with the sales manager so that helps. im happy with the decor, food, banquet team (not refering to those waiters cos dont really know their service) and some small small little perks here and there (me the cheapo kind lah hee)
happy.gif

zuzu

brides2004

I have a friend just had their wedding with OH. she find that the food is good but the service very bad, especially the waiter and waiteree. Ask them to take someting all don understand what you say.

I think if they want the couple to be happy, not only the food is good but is think service is another thing they should look out for.

thoefamily

Hi all,

I'm considering either OH or Holiday Inn Park View for my wedding next year in July. Anyone who had recently held their wedding in OH, care to give advise on the actual turnout?

Thanks

lazy

zuzu,

who is your sales mgr?? wat are the small perks given to you. Which ballroom did you occupied???

min_minnie

Hi, Thoe Family,

Just had my wedding in OH. Guests commented that food pretty good but complained service of waiters and waitresses bad. They told me food was served too fast. Overall deco and ambience is nice. Except that my hubby drunk, so can't eat and we ask for complimentary lunch or dinner the next day to at least make up. But they told me they dun have such arrangement. Quite disappointing as we didn't really have a taste of the food and our food tasting is only 6 dishes then.

cheesecake

Hi min,

So sad to hear that. Aiyo! Yesterday sign up with OH liao. (hope they'll improve their service)
What do you mean the food tasting only 6 dishes? By the way, who's your co-ordinator?

min_minnie

Hi, cheesecake and lazy,

Didn't complain lah cos we only get to know about the service from my guests a few days after our dinner when we meet up with some of our friends and they feedback to us.
Didn't know why we only had 6 dishes for food tasting. Later cgot to know from other OH brides that they actually got the full 8 or 9 course for food tasting.
I would say you have to be good in your negotation skills cos I find them a bit rigid.
Dun worry, the thing is just to remind your coorinator to ensure their service on the wedding day is good.

celyw

Hi, I just had my wedding dinner end of Nov in OH.

Was pretty satisfied with them becoz they did me some great favors which is not convenient to say here else everybody asking for it then my banquet manager will kill me.

But my frens did comment the drinks replenish were quite slow but the timing for food serving was alright.

I had the full course for food tasting and i din even negotiated for free food tasting in the 1st plc.

Anyway, I really very happy and satisfied with OH. I am sure you will enjoy too.
happy.gif

lazy

hi all,

had juz confirm my banquet at OH. The perks which they offered to me are ok. Dun find them rigid. Hope that all is fine during the AD.

happy.gif

thoefamily

Hi lazy,

Is the package you've signed up the promo package they have for the coming wedding show? which ballroom are you taking?

elaine77

Hi everyone,

Im considering Orchard hotel also for my 2005 wedding, i just received thier packages, i find the price quite reasonable for weekend which consider cheaper den some hotels along orchard road. But i find that thier dishes are not so special, maybe thats why its abit cheaper den others. ANy comments on thier ballroom and deco?

Anyone is going for thier wedding show on this sat?

thoefamily

elaine77,

OH is not the cheapest in town.....if compared, HIPV,Crown Prince, Hilton, Traders are much cheaper.....we ended choosing OH because the hotels in our preferred list are all taken up
sad.gif

Think the plus point for OH would be their pillarless ballroom & high ceiling. Personally I like ballroom 1&2 (combined) cos it looks very impressive & very elegant.....but I don't intend to have such a big gala, so we went for ballroom 3 instead.....

lazy

hi thoe, Yes, i did signed up for their promo package for the wedding show. Me taking ballroom 3 since got not many tables.

hi elaine77, me might be going for their wedding show this sat if nearby. Got an invitation from my coordinator when i signed up their package last friday. OH had two ballrooms, ie Ballroom 1 & 2(which cater to more tables around 50 like that, i suppose) & Ballroom 3 (which caters to around 30 tables) Their march in is long which i like. Decor wise, quite to my liking as well. High ceiling too.

elaine77

Hi thoe family & lazy,

thoe, Ohh.. yah.. now den i realise that the price they give me is before GST & taxes.. after that will be quite ex liao.. hmm..I still have sme time for my wedding banquet, when is yr wedding? Im considering the above hotels u are mentioned, i quite like HIPV but thier 05 packages are not out yet, will have to wait till after CNY.

lazy, hehe.. hope to see u there, yah.. i just saw thier requirements for the tables, i dun have so many tables, most prob will have around 35 and 2 tables for reserved, like that i cant have ballroom 1& 2, will ballroom 3 be abit smaller to have 38 tablese? I think i will have to check out more on sat. My hubby is very concerend about the food and i check out FB forum and suprised to see some negative feedbacks but theres also some postitive feedbacks too.

thoefamily

Hi Lazy,

You signed up last Friday? Me too
happy.gif
....who is your coordinator?

Their previous package is actually cheaper (for every 20 table, 21st would be free) if your guests don't drink much.....but me worried my guests drink cos my col all Caucasians so end up took the coming wedding show package.....

My coordinator was quite rigid, & sometimes forgot what was conversed during our neg so end up lose a few perks
sad.gif

thoefamily

elaine77,

HIPV was one of our choice too, but ballroom decor is not my type & the coordinator told me they cant change it cos they've signed the contract with the florist & they'll be using the same decor for all weddings in 04. HIPV also has 3 pillars.

If you want good food, you may want to try Tung Lok, either Club Chinos or Imperium. The food @ Club Chinos is excellent but they can only hold max 30 tables, Imperium's decor is brillant. I fell in love with it almost immediately..... almost sign the contract with them too......you may like to visit them. They have 2 big screens which can live telecast your march-in
happy.gif
, the room they give is Ritz Carlton.

lazy

hi thoe,

So coincidence. my coord is ivy. how abt u??

Ya lor, me considering the previous package as well. But did not realise that could take up the previous package instead of the current. Did ur coord allow u to do so??

thoefamily

lazy,

Ya she did, but she also convince me that the promo package is a better deal - which we wasn't sure if our guest are heavy drinkers, we went along with the thought that they'll drink. Although beer is free flow but I don't think people nowadays drink beer, I think red wine is the trend now. Are you catering wine as well?

Another minus point is - most package offered by other hotels do have additional perks if you hit a certain number of tables, for my case, she say that since the beer is already freeflow, they can't throw in additional perks anymore
sad.gif
(we initially commit 25 tables, our figure is now almost 30)....that's why i feel they are a bit on the rigid end.

cheesecake

Hi thoefamily,

I oso sign up with OH last month. Bye the way, who is your co-ordinator?
happy.gif

Hi lazy,

U mean they have a new promo package? Which package did you sign up? I'm oso taking Ballroom 3
happy.gif

lazy

hi cheesecake,

wat i meant is the wedding show package with the addl perks add in.

BTW, who's ur coord. When is your big day??

brides2004

Hi,

Recently i attended my friend wedding at OH. Their services were BAD. Ask for a glass of water and we waited for about 15 to 20 mins.

And the serving was so slow, other table already serve the 3rd dishes and our still the 2nd one.

And also they made alot of mistake on the menu and arrangement.

What kind of service is that.

vanes

Hi,

I have been reading lots of negative comments about OH's service. Just like to know if they have made any attempts to improve? Anyone has any recent experience to share?

mooee

Vanessa,

Many of the comments seems to be the attitude of the waiters and the quality of the food when cook in bulk-banquet style. I am considering OH too, now hearing this I abit disappointed. Hua Ting is one of my fav chinese restaurant. Though I wd say the co-ord is not as flexible with the perks.

Think these are some of the factors we can highlight to OH, but not sure if they can do to improve.

jaspeng

hi all,

I attended a wedding dinner at the Orchard Hotel last week. The service was bad. We waited for very long just for a glass of beer, did not fill up our soft drink, my friend requested for red chilles, they anyhow cut, the plate served was wet as i guess that there are another wedding at the other function room and guess they short of plates.

The lighting was dull till the phototaking at each table, than they light up the light, the songs played was all mixed out for the 1st march-in.

this is just my comments, no hard feeling please. We wanted to inform the groom, but he was very drunk as we are thinking that maybe the couple can get some free tables for all these services. We are not very close with the bride.

Maybe can take note of it

delightfly

Hi, Jas,
I guess it is very common in every hotel, I heard from my cousin wedding also ask for waive off 2 tables or waive off service charge, at the end it was a court case due to dispute of bill.
They are going to settle this after they come back from honeymoon.
My point of view is better to have a memorable wedding then a court case due to this kind of service dispute,afterall, it is a once in a life time wedding.

jaspeng

hi delightfly,

I agree with you. I rather to have a memorable wedding than any dispute. I guess the service provided has to improve.

hiphip77

Hi all,

I jus went for a wedding dinner in Orchard Hotel recently. Would like to comment that the food is not nice and the service not very good. Imagine I only get my dessert after 11pm! By the time I finish the food and left the hotel, it's already 11.30pm! Imagine people start to leave before the noodle was served as the food really take very long. And if I'm not wrong, the banquet started before 8.30 pm.

little_woman

Hi,

OH is one of my considered options to have my banquet. Anyone to comment on its accessibility? My hubby n I have some difficulties finding it at our first visit. Their service is really that bad from the above?
The perks look attractive from the bridal show. Anyone know when isthe next one? In early 2005?

merzy03

Hi everyone, is OH really that bad ah? OH is also one of my considerations..as I seem to be running out of available banquet venues for 2005...

Any other feedback/comments from any most recent weddings??

ashly

I've been to Orchard Hotel for a wedding banquet. I must say the food served isn't impressive. Quite the worst I've eaten in all the banquets I've been to. It could also have been the package the couple have chosen. The dinner looked like it's low-budget.

summer79

hi gals,

Any one got OH price yr 2005?
Would like to tk a look & view their prices...
maybe at the sam etime see wat dishes they hv..seem alot of neg feedback...

kindly email to [email protected] the pkg details

thks/summer

yogurt

hi summer79 & skye skye,

u can write to the following email address of orchard hotel to request for their 2005 price list. that's wat i did last yr when i was sourcing for hotel banquet. hope this helps.

[email protected]

dubdub

Anyone attending any wedding banquet in 2005, as my bro in law comment that the food and service is very good now