Orchard Hotel

chere

hi,

does anyone has the pic of Ballroom 3 with wedding setup? Pls send to me at [email protected]

Went there last sat but there was an on-going seminar. Thus, viewed Ballroom 1&2 but not Ballroom 3 (which i will be considering cos having approx 25 tabs)

Thank you.

lollypop

hi mehmeh

yes yes, thanks for the pics. very lovely. still drooling over ur long long train.
happy.gif

hi chere
I'm using BR 3 but my pics are not ready. hope to share with u soon.

mehmeh_lim

hi jocester,

*phew* u managed to get the pix
happy.gif
Glad you've enjoyed them!
Your gown may also be very drool-worthy! Did ur PG mention when you wld be able to lay hands on them?

springtulip8

Hi Mehmeh,
Yes yes.. i have seen those gowns in the magazine too. i love one victorian style, but my fren and the designer says i'm too small frame to carry it nicely - so in the end i didn't get that gown. But i'm quite happy with the one i'd chosen.

i c... so choosing banquet theme nearer to date... do we fix appt with our coordinator ourselves? or they will call to remind us?

mehmeh_lim

hi eunice,

Sent!

hi SpringTulip,

Oh, u're of petite frame huh? Yupz, victorian if having too much details may overwhelm ur body. So the gown overtakes u for the wedding.. Not encouraged.

U know ur work schedule best, ideally u shd call an make an appt according to ur needs. Ur coordinator might just call u..

louibaby

hi all! i'm having my banquet at OH in Jan 2007...using BR 1 & 2....i know that there will be another wedding in BR 3 on the same night....sharing the same foyer.....does anyone have the same experience b4? how was the noise level?

celbie80

Tks Mehmeh..
Am using BR1&2 too... in dec06
Heard they gonna change carpet after sept this year.. so it's gonna look prettier.. yeah!

ffbear

Hi, Elsie & Karen,
can I ask how many tables ur r having for ur AD? in the docs, it says tat got to b 45 & above or somethg like tat.. ??

ah_wai

Hi All,
I am having mine in Jan 07, in BR 1 & 2 too.. but OH din inform of the carpet change at all.
Any feedback of this hotel so far?
Hope to hear from all of you.
kao_smile.gif

mcfluffy

Hmm I'm also quite worried about sharing the foyer area. But since my AD is in April, think there will b lesser brides. keke..

mehmeh_lim

hi yinyin & karen,

pix sent.. But it was for my wedding in BR 1 & 2

Karen: Just wondering, wld u be someone i know? I got married in Sept 05...
YinYin: as per my earlier post, i din get to encounter the sharing of the foyer area. Maybe u want to ask ur coordinator if there are any upcoming weddings with such as situation, u go pop by & see how it is?

ah_wai

hi Karen,

My AD is on 19 Jan.. heard that I will be sharing the foyer as well cos BR 3 is be taken up. So when is your AD?

Btw, no1 fr OH told me about the change of carpet? any confirmation abt this? Carpet is the only thing that is changed or is there something else?

yinyin77

Hi mehmeh,

Pix received, very nice and you look beautiful, Derek 'Zhuan4Dao4' ha~!

Dont let him know~~~HeeHee~~!!!

Thanks~

mehmeh_lim

hi YinYin,

Glad u enjoyed the pix
happy.gif
Hehheh, he must know he 'zhuan dao' yah? Thanks for the compliments!

Hope i've helped in easing ur wedding preps with relation to OH
happy.gif

missybride

Hi ladies,

i am new to tis thread. From d reviews, it seem dat d food at orchard hotel is GOOD wor...
1)If i only intend to have 25 tables, does it meet d minimum requirement to have a banquet there?

2)How much is their package on weedends? i intend to hold my banquet in late 2007.

3)Is there anyone who is willing to share their hotel fotos wif me?
my email: [email protected]

Thanks!!
happy.gif

yinyin77

Hi mehmeh,

Can i have your PS album pix? heard it become the sample of YC right? must share with me ok?

Thanks a million~

yinyin77

Hi all~

Can anyone share your '06 package price? mine is $871nett for a weekend dinner~
sad.gif
feel that s too exp. heard someone got cheaper then that right? some more no abalone!!!

Haizzzzz.......

mehmeh_lim

hi yinyin,

i have added u to my network in my site.. U can browse thru all my albums there
happy.gif
My PS album by YC is for outdoor shots only, i had done my indoor PS with another BS

U go seesee looklook if u can find the album yah?

yinyin77

Hi all~

Having a further discussion with OH CO Cleo today, find that she is really nice, 'fight' for me additional perks, very easy going person with really really good service~!

After the meeting, me, FH and MIL had the Taiwan buffet at level 2 and guess what? Cleo already sign for us!! The service at OH really impressed us a lot (not only Cleo and of cause the waiter/waitress at the restaurant as well) we can get a 5 star service at OH with no doubt at all~

Hopefully all the part-timers for wedding banquet will received the same service training as well, Cheers~
happy.gif

mehmeh_lim

hi Yinyin,

gd to hear tt u managed to view my PS pix
happy.gif
heheh.. Must continue to use Multiply to record all the interesting wedding preps, very easy to use! I saw ur ROM pix, u're very pretty! Flawless & fair skin!! *whistles*

Cleo very pretty yah?? She's very nice & is quite contactable via HP & email
happy.gif
I like the service at Orchard Cafe too, the staff are very quick & polite!

So what are some gd deals which Cleo managed to get for u? Did u manage to lower the price per table?

mar07bride

HI Yinyin,

I met up with Cleo just about 2 hours ago, she did a brief but impressive presentation for us despite a last-min meet up session. Quite surprised to hear that she signed for your meal at the hotel. Just curious whether you sign the contract before the meal? i am seriously considering OH for my wedding banquet. Would you like to share with me your package & encounter with Cleo?

yinyin77

Hi mehmeh,

Thanks for your compliment, it s all because the makeup was done by the Master MA of 'The School Of Make-up', he has a magic hand~
happy.gif

Your PS was really well done~ mind to share how much you paid for all (ID/OD/AD)?

Yes, Cleo very pretty and with very sweet smiling face, really melt my heart~
happy.gif

You sure i can get discount on package price? then i must try already!

Actually more or less you play a vy imp. part to make me chose OH, u give me confident about thier food and service~ i read thru all the thread that you posted~

Hi mar07bride,

So your AD next yr Mar? Actually i havent sign with them yet! because i wanted to squeeze more, ha! How much is your 07 package? r u using UOB promotion? I get extra nite for bridal suite, 2 day use room in exchange of one UOB promo term, 30% carpark coupon, would like to bargain for another barrel of beer but cant get
sad.gif

So your CO is Cleo, she is a very nice lady, sweet and very helpful, trying her best to help me, i can really click with her~
happy.gif
so she actually worked untill 9pm++? oh poor thing, she was sick since Fri, so that means she is very pro~ enjoy ur deal with her!

mar07bride

Hi Yinyin,

Really a good start with Cleo footing the bill for you despite haven sign with them. My package should be at $748+++ weekend dinner and I will be using UOB promotion. What other perks are you fighting for?

mcfluffy

Hi yinyin, what perks did Cleo help u to fight for? Basically we found nothing much additional perks we wanted. Hehe..

mehmeh_lim

hi YinYin,

Wow, Master of Sch of Magic! tt means u did ur ROM stuff ala-carte & non tied-up with any BS yah?

Thanks for the lovely compliments on the PS.. It's a package with the BS (ie come with gowns, suits, flowers, MUA & accessories), in total i spent $5k for the whole BS + PS stuff. AD photography was done by another vendor, that was ard $850

Heheh, Cleo is not only pretty, but her soft-spoken-ness shd melt anyone's heart! heheheh.. I dunno if you can bargain on tt price, but u mentioned tt it was kinda steep, so i think can bargain if u have alot of tables?

I played an impt part in helping u with the decision-making ah? *blush* But i guess i shd share all my experiences with BTBs considering OH. I really dun recall any bad experiences, and everytime we go to discuss stuff or have food tasting, when i request for complimentary parking, they give unreservedly

hi mar07bride & muffin,

Regular stuff u can try asking:
1) Increase in complimentary carpark coupons
2) 2nd-night stay
3) Day room for helpers
4) More ppl for food tasting (esp if u & uf FH have a big immediate family, ie many siblings. Though u shd keep it to a max of 10)
5) Increase in cards fr TDragon (just in case the guests u invite are mainly individuals over colleagues)

louibaby

hi mehmeh,

still cannot view the pix leh... :<will>

to all the brides of OH,

did anyone have any free upgrade to the executive suite from the bridal suite?

mcfluffy

Hi karen,

I had this upgrade to this dunno what suite. I didn't even get to see the bridal suite coz I signed up during the Corpthorne's wedding show. When I went down to OH another day, the bridal suite was in use and not available for viewing. Coordinator assured us that we'll get a BIGGGG suite.

Hi mehmeh, thanks for the tips!
happy.gif

mar07bride

Hi muffin,

What perks do you have since you signed up during the show. Should have more perks than the normal package right? Wanna share your views with me?

mehmeh_lim

hi Mar07bride,

shall send u later yah? I guess if you can tolerate the travelling in &amp; out of JB, coupled together with the jams on the causeway, u can try JB BSs. Price of the packages is very enticing &amp; can help couples save alot. But i find sometimes, the style of pix taken can be abit dated, for JB BSs.. But on the flip-side, there are BSs in SGP with date styles of photography too

hi Karen,

Hmm, i've no idea why too.. I guess the other way is the join Multiply, i add u as a contact &amp; then u can view the pix. Wld recommend Multiply as a gd site to e-journal the wedding preps &amp; share ur pix &amp; thots with frens etcetc.. U can sign up here: www.multiply.com

hihi Muffin,

U're most welcome!!

yinyin77

Hi mehmeh,

Belated Happy Birthday to you~

Wow! you spend 5.85k for you PS, vy rich hor~ but worth lah, you look soooo beautiful in the pix. you know Cleo? or she is your CO? not rite?

Hi mar07 bride &amp; muffin,

I am atcually quite satisfied by the perks i entitled already, but since havent sign yet so ask for $18 discount per table, one table free per 25 confirmed table, waived of wine corkage, anniversary stay voucher, 1 waiter/waiteress per table etc...... i vy greedy hor?..... but not ask for all lah, if they can give any one of the above mentioned, i 'tou xiao' already!....
happy.gif

Hi Karen,

So that means executive suite much more better than bridal suite? then must request already.... ha!
happy.gif

chere

hi yin yin,

you seem to be very good at bargaining! I have confirmed Orchard Hotel but also yet to sign up. Since the deadline to enjoy UOB promo is 11 May, will our bargaining power for additional perks be reduced? My coordinator is Yoke Mei, find her quite nice but we have yet to discuss on the finer details. Hope she can be flexible..

Btw, realised that a lot of brides will bargain for additional night stay at the bridal suite, anyone can enlighten me why is it so popular? Cos i thought late check out on the next day will be good enough? No? Cos nothing to do at the hotel the next day leh. (my personal view)

mcfluffy

mar07bride,
no other free perks other den the UOB promo perks?

yinyin,
wah! possible to negotiate so much? My coordinator, Siew Li, like cannot help us much leh.. always say cannot! What we want is to waive off wine corkage, but she said she'll get back to us.. until now, no news! hmpf.

bride_sept05

Hi Mar07bride,

I used JB BS, good service and not expensive. The photographer came back from US and she's a very good photographer and her skill good. The photos that turn out is different from other BS in JB, in fact something different from other couples in Singapore. And this photographer also took photos for mediacorp actors as well.

If you interested to see my pic, feel free to drop me an email [email protected]

mehmeh_lim

hihi YinYin,

Thanks!

Cleo is a coordinator i met &amp; had kept in touch with, she wasn't my coordinatore
happy.gif
I spent a total of $5k only.. heheh, nowhere near $6k. Know of others who spent in 10s of thousands! *phew*

But u're going to get a BS for the wedding, or going to do ala-carte?

hi Chere,

Lazing ard the suite is a gd time to rest after the hectic preps for the wedding &amp; all the running ard on the big day itself.. Also since we can get it, use it
happy.gif
heheh, can have bubble baths &amp; spend gd time counting APs &amp; reading well-wishes

Hi Muffin,

How many tables are u going to have ah? I think Janice managed to waive the corkage cause she had manymany tables, otherwise u quote a flat rate per bottle? Try to reduce the cost as much as u can!

yinyin77

Hi chere,

When is your AD? I just try to ask for more c can o not, if cant also 'bohbian'~
happy.gif

Hi Janice,

Can i have the Pix as well, the photographer is from Dreams is it?

My email: [email protected]

Hi mehmeh,

I havent decide yet, maybe get the PS package from JB BS, AD MUA will try to ask the master to help again, or too troublesome just get everything done in Sin~