Omazz Mattress

ekardo

anyone using this mattress ?? any problem so far?? did the mattress sink in ?

thinking of getting the Kasper Franck series

was quoted 2363 (original price is 3699) with 2 free latex pillow (each worth $250)

I tried on the bed, and omg...I wanted to sleep at the showroom..haha...

sweetbeng

I was looking for someone who wants to buy an Omazz mattress, see if we buy together will get better discounts.

Which showroom did u go to? I want to get the 5-layer one, forgot the name liao. They quoted me $6700, 2 free pillows and 1 free matress protector.

You want to get together? Will give us more bargaining power. haha.

ekardo

I went to Robinson Centrepoint.

Was told that this weekend (fri to Sun) might have extra $200 discount for Robinson cardholder.

I dun have it..so have to ask my sis to buy for me this fri..haa

you are very rich to aim at the 5 layer one..haha..

was told to read up on
1) www.latexfoam.com
2) www.omazz.com

check it out...

sweetbeng

Yup went to their website b4. Tried on every model they had in the showroom, and we both unanimously agreed on the same one.

I think the price can be further negotiated one, depending on the sales person. That's why I thought of getting together with another buyer to get more bargaining power.

Do u know how long can Robinson keep the mattress for us after we buy it?

ekardo

is it really negotiatable? I didn't know about this...

I think robinson can keep as long as you want..

since I am asking my sis to make the purchase on my behalf..I think rather hard to go down together...

But maybe you can quote that I went on Mon evening, and that if she can give a good price for both of us..we will buy, but at different time ?

sweetbeng

It's up the sales person how much discount he/she wants to give. If he has 2 or more people buying from him, I'm sure he will be able to give a better price as they are commission-based.

Since it is inconvenient for u to buy at the same time, I guess it's ok la. Thanks anyway!

jj_autumn

Hi SweeBeng -- Does the 5-layer Omazz mattress comes iwht memory foam? Is this one of the high end mattress with plush pillow top? I'm considering one of Sealy top end. I've herd of Omazz but yet to try on any of their mattresses.

ekardo

josie...
I can see that you are one of the few active person in Home and Deco...probably becos your house is almost ready like mine?

anyway, any pricing above 2k will get the latex pillow (cost $250 each), and the pillow is really good..lotsa air flow...and with guarantee..

I suggest u to go and try the bed and the pillow..it's another class above the rest..

sweetbeng

Hi josie,

Yup ekardo is right. You should go try out the beds with the pillows and judge for yourself.

I dun think Omazz mattresses come with memory foam. ekardo correct me if I'm wrong. I think their sister brand, Lotus, is the one which has memory foam.

ekardo

It's confirmed that Robinson card holder will get $200 extra discount on 2k or more purchase. Only valid from Fri to Sun this week.

Good time to get good Mattress now..

jj_autumn

Hi SweetBeng,

I was at Robinson, Centrepoint this whole afternoon checking out all the mattresses. I'd tried a whole lot range from Kingkoil, Sealy, Simmons and finally, Omazz. Well, I understand that starting from tomorrow, Robinson card holders get additional $200/- on top of the already discounted pricing. I noted that you'd mentioned that the 5 layer costs about $6700 but the one that the salesguy shown to me was priced at $7403... and even with the $200/- off for card holders; it'll still come to $7203. Where did you saw this figure? The only mattress with the so-called 5-layer was being displayed on the extreme right as you go up the steps to the Omazz gallery area. According to the salesguy, it's the ONLY high end in Singapore, i.e. there's no other higher end than what I'm seeing today! Yes, he'll give away 2 free pillows amounting to $500/- and a mattress protector to match the size of the mattress when you purchased - you can choose fitted or flat protector. Hmmm... since like this is as much as I absorbed, but I'm still very interested to know where you get that *special* price?! The name of the mattress that I'm interested is called Frank Monte - can you recall if this is the name of the 5-layered mattresses that you'd seen?

ekardo

josie...

did you tried on the bed?

I am only getting the Franck Kasper..since my budget is around 2k.

definately, 200 off 6k is nothing..haha

but 200 off 2000 is a lot!
happy.gif

Fitted protector or flat protector is better??

jj_autumn

Hi Ekardo,

Yes, I tried on all the beds - Kingkoil, Sealy, Simmons and Omazz. Currently, I've a Simmons as well and since it's pocketed spring; I thought I try latex for now. Omazz gives a good body contour support as I was trying out the bed in various positions - I mean, side, up and face down! Fitted protector is much better as it's like a fitted bedsheet - it won't *run* about as the sides comes with elastic band that holds up the mattress on the side, and it looks neater, unlike flat flat protector where there's only 4 elastic bands at each corner of the beddings. For flat sheets; you've to really tuck in all the sides and corner to have a neater bed! Oh yeah, I'm very particular about the neatness and appearance of my bed!;-)

ekardo

oh..I think I understand what you mean liao..

funny thing is, Omazz did not ask me what fitting I want for the mattress protector...wonder why...

jj_autumn

Ekardo,

Oh! That's because I did asked the sales guys whether the protector is a flat or fitted because my current Simmons bed came with a fitted protector!;-)

I guess the *flat* type is the *norm* and most commonly used, or available as compared to the fitted type.

ekardo

I called Omazz and requested for the fitter protector...but they did not have..but will keep me informed..

anyone else bought Omazz ??

ekardo

hi sweetbeng...

yeah..bought the mattress...
I hope everything will be fine on the date of delivery...(Aug11)

sweetbeng

Yup! I've bought the Fairmont from Park Mall. In the end it's still $1,000 cheaper there!! I don't know what Robinson's doing. Did you check the price at Park Mall for your model?

jj_autumn

I'm still traveling, but my dear hubby has gone down to Robinson to make the full payment for the Frank Monte so that I don't have to have sleepless nights here (Japan)! He usually dislike shopping for such stuffs other than electrical/electronics, so I'm really happy for that!

ekardo

wow..nihon ni nani shite iru ??

watashi 7 gatsu nihon e iku...3 shuukan gurai..
happy.gif

sweetbeng..I didn't check the one at Park Mall...
sad.gif

eaststar

Can I share with you guys me own personal experience...

I bought the Simmons Backcare Ultimate Supreme mattress just 2 years ago. It cost me $4099. It felt GREAT at first... for about six months. It has a "pillow top" which is a padded surface on top of the mattress that is super comfy. But after a while, it started to sink down, and I could feel the indentation of my body so I moved to the other side. Then that got sunken in too. You can't flip the mattress as the padding is only on one side. I contacted Simmons and they said the warranty is only for the springs, not the padding. When I complained that it had cost me $4000 and was only 2 years old, they replied "Well we have even more expensive mattresses... $4000 is not that much..." I was so mad!

I now have to buy a new mattress because the Simmons is giving me very bad backaches. When I stay at a hotel for business, the backaches go away but when I'm back home, the indentations in the Simmons cause my back to arch and hurt. I hate it! I'm so angry at having spent so much.

The Omazz is much better because the latex never gets indented. In fact their guarantee covers this - if it does get indented or flattened, they will replace it. The Simmons guarantee doesn't cover this, they only cover the springs.

ekardo

Gilbert...so you are using Omazz now ??
which series is that?

sweetbeng, do you have the contact for the shop in Parkmall? Just wanna call and ask their pricing, I think robinson have refund policy...

sweetbeng

ekardo, I left their number at home, but u can search the website and see if can find it. The shop is Omazz's official showroom, called Omazz Bedding.

ekardo

oh..I managed to get it thro Park Mall Reception...

funny thing is..they don't carry the one that I bought from Robinson...weird...

sweetbeng

Not surprising, as the model names in Robinsons are different from Park Mall, even though it's the same product. I'm also confused why they give them different names. For eg the 5 layer in Park Mall is Fairmont but the one at Robinsons is Frank Monte.

Did you ask for the price of their 3 layer? The one you bought at Robinsons is 3 layer right?

ekardo

hey...
I got my omazz delivered last sat..and been sleeping on it...superb !! very nice to sleep on...like I am sleeping in some 6 star hotel bed..haha

I bought the single layer one..but it's already heavenly for me...I did not dare to try their 3 or 5 layer one...cos I cannot imagine how good it is..and I dun wanna consider spending a big bomb !!

the holder for 10years warranty card is gorgeous..

ekardo

ahaa...cannot lah..it's not like a University Degree lah..haha..

but the box for the pillow is great..I using it as my bedside table on both side now..haha..

bourne

hihi!! 2 ev1 who reading this msg. i would like to ask about omazz mattress. how gud is this brand i heard that it a bit new in singapore but very expensive. can any1 give some advice? hope to get more info b4 i make any purchase bcos now they r having sales 20% + 20%.

midori

Hi all,
i am also seriously considering Omazz mattress. the mattress i tried on was 1 layer of Latex - which is the top layer. after the layer of latex, it's springs..
i heard frm the sales guy that there is another model with 1 layer of latex, but no spring at all.
which would be better?

trinitycat

hi,
i saw this omazz mattress selling at Robinson specially for their 150th yrs anniversary...its pocketed spring wif latex pillow top selling at 2988 for king size after discount($5000++ before discount)...actually both sides gt the pillow top, one side is slightly softer and the other abit firmer..so u depend on whether u like soft or firmer feel,u just flip to that side...only get 5% rebates for robinson card holder..tis model is only available in robinson...maybe u wana take a look at centrepoint outlet..my hubby likes it very much, should be getting it...

go5

hi trinitycat ..
saw that model u toking abt...veri interested 2
so hve u bought yours..how the review...
so wat "free gifts do they give u.=)

go5

hi kalmen22..it
the latex is from US and handsew in thailand..
i most probably b getting one if u interested
may sms me. PM u my contact no.
then mayb u go try at park mall or robinsons then c u wan to get together not..
can got better discounts?.=)
any1 else interested?...

trinitycat

hello go5 n kalmen
have u guys bought the mattress liao?
i have bought mine liao, but yet to test on it coz weddg day in sep :p they ony gave 1 matress protector n 2 norm pillow(thk aloe pillow or organic, cnt rmbr)
i heard that they gg to increase the price next week or nx mth, so if u really wana buy, better act fast!

trinitycat

ya..hehe...7k for a bed, really out of my budget...i think the robinson 150th anniversary is gd enuf...
actually the bed has gt 2 sides u can sleep on...one side is firm n the other is slightly softer...so u can choose which side u wan according to the firmness...its 2988 for king n 2688 for queen...but the sales told me gg to increase around $200 more nx week if im not wrong..

sinead

I am using the 3 layer Felton Creek which I bought in 2006, the mattress began to sag at end of 2008. We called their head office (Airland) and spoke to Mr Lee (their owner). We were told that he will call back the following week (which he never did) to fix a date for his staff for mattress inspection. And I have to spend the last 2 weeks waking up with a backache.

I am surprised on the 'quality' of such expensive mattress. It sag badly (in 2 years) even though we use it normally. This is the second time an Airland product failed us.

We first bought a Lotus Hamilton (display set) from Mr Lee at The Furniture Mall, it sag within a month! His reason was: the mattress was not meant for heavier weight (total of 120). And we swopped to Omazz Felton Creek after topping up cash.

In the first place, why does he have to sell it to us as well as display at Robinson Centrepoint and Parkmall where most Caucasians frequent since it was not meant for heavier frames???

I've concerns even though if we were given a new replacement, it will sag again after a few years. Salesman always harp that pure latex are resilient and conform to our body shape, hence the expensive price tag. Now I am having second thoughts....

miss_cupcakes

can anyone tell me the model name of the 4-layer mattress from Omazz?? The sales person mentioned Fediko but i am unable to search for 4-layer Omazz anywhere on the internet... even their website doesn't talk about 4-layers.

divespyder

Anyone bought a Omazz 3 layer lately? There are 2 models each in Park Mall & Robinsons of differing firmess due different combination of latex layers. I'm not sure if i should buy at Park Mall or Robinsons.

go5

u should try both out with ur partner then u can decide which is better.

personally i felt park mall r are softer than robinsons...

however diff ppl diff preferences..

anzel

Hi all, I have a brand new Omazz King-Size Mattress for Sale.

It's a new model (Florian Hill) comprising "pocketed spring system with 3-inch tall TalaTech latex top".

This would be good for people who prefer:
- A mix of good spring system and latex (as some commented that full latex is too wobbly)
- But still with good, authentic TalaTech latex top (not just any pillow/plush top or syn latex) - - With a 3-inch top, you can really feel the cushioning yet pay a lower price than full latex

We are selling because the bed is a little too big for our room, and we are temporarily going to buy a Queen size bed for just a couple of years, so not going to use such a good one. It's *really* great, at least better than the Robinson ones I'd tried, full latex or with spring. I would buy back the same model (or newer model) when my place is finally ready. =)

Leave me your email/contact no. for full details on where you can try the mattress and see the bedframe. Or email me at [email protected]. I promise no gimmicks. Invoice of price we paid to show we are giving a genuine discount for brand new goods.

rol2479

hi, i find out got 1 place sell nature latex set at promotion price, usual price is $3499 plus but they sell at $1899 with bedframe, latex mattress, mattress protector, latex pillow and latex topper.

their website is www.luxxnewhouse.com

i hear they sell 100% natural latex mattresses and price is reasonable too. altot the place is far and the showroom not ready but their price is much 30% cheaper then other and products alos must better then others too.

i hear they also trade in your old mattresses and sofa too, just like you purchase hp they trade in your old hp like tht... and the old furniture they will donate to old folk home or needed people if the furniture really too spoil they will throw away in porper way too and wont hurt to our earth.

some more the salesman will serivce you well, even u spend him 1 whole day he also will not force you to buy and he will smile to you and send you out the main gate and wait for your answer, even you buy frm others brand after that he also will say thank you too... haa...