Novotel Clarke Quay

teddy_pang

hellozz.....

Is there any Novotel Clarke Quay brides out there?? Or is there anyone who has attended the wedding at Novotel Clarke Quay after the new management took over??

I'm shortlisting them as my wedding venue.... but i need some comments and feedback b4 deciding.. many thanks to all!!

popie

hey connie. me too! when is ur AD? heard anything about it yet? the last time i called them in jan, the 2005 package was already out. the price still the same. but hvnt been to the place yet.

teddy_pang

my AD is on 13 Oct. we've juz viewed the place yesterday. quite nice place, high ceiling, no pillars. but they dun hv different themes to choose fm though. only 1 std decor. overall feel not bad. tat's why hope to get some feedbacks here...

how abt u?? when's ur AD?

popie

hi teddy.
mine is in mid 2006. not cfmd which date exactly. u might wana chk out the hotel new otani thread to find out more about the place. novetel clarke quay was previously hotel new otani.

teddy_pang

hi popie

yup yup.. i've oredi checked out tat thread. I'm juz wondering how's the service & food after the mgmt took over....

teddy_pang

haha.. np! I juz went to check out the venue yesterday, the coordinator told us there's a weddin on. Not bad... the foyer tat serves the cocktail reception looks quite cosy and they even draw open the curtains tat overseas the clarke quay. ballroom wise, not bad. think we might be settling on novotel....

shelyn

Hi

I'm also interested but can't seem to find their website or anything related to the new hotel.. even the Otani Singapore website was removed..

so can those who have their packages email to mi at [email protected]

Thanks a great deal

xiaojan

anybody know where we can get their package details from?
thanks
happy.gif

chijmes

Hi,

I am also sourcing hotel for my wedding. Can share with me the contact person or package for this hotel ? Thanks !

lilo_stitch

hi,
my personal comments and hope will not effect ur decision as now is new mangment. I had 2 wedding dinner last yr, both do not have enough staff to service us, found hair in one of e dish, some dish were serve cold. food rate one them is so-so e other was very nice. if u gals got e menus maybe i can try to tell u

kaye

hi girl,
I just spoken to them last Sat, the waiter/waitress are 1 to 4 for drinks, 1 to 2 for food. They are quite flexible with their pkg. So, thinking of shortlisting them. Can U tell me more what U have encountered?
My email is [email protected]

poohnie23

Hi!

Novotel Clarke Quay is one tat i've shortlisted,
can share with me the 2006 package with me too?
and the additional perks they can offer if any..

thanx alot..

lollypop

Hi ladies,
Let me start the ball rolling here..
happy.gif

I've got a copy here and hv cc to all u gals abv..sori if i've missed out anyone...do let me know again...shall we warm up this thread? at least we know there's a 'active' platform dat exists....cheers!
happy.gif

cheryltasl

Jecester,

can you email it to me again? either [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks alot.. I need them badly, coz my AD will be in Jan 2006.

I went down to see the venue. The ballroom is spacious enough, high ceiling... The receiption area is big enough and privacy too..

For the decor, i was told that they might change to another decor for next year. But it still be one standered decor.

I quite like the place...

woody7

Hi,

I'm also considering novotel clarke quay...would like to find out more about the perks they offer and their food and service.....
seems that a few of us are considering this place but wonder why don't seem to have much feedback from ex-brides or guests who had attended wedding dinner there recently esp after d change in mgt.....
can anyone share with me wat are d perks they offer besides the standard package they have? if not convenient to post here, appreciate can e-mail to [email protected]
also, any nice coordinators to recommend?
thanks alot!

lollypop

Hi zhuzhu,cheryl & woody 7

u've got mail!!

cheryl: one thing puzzled me.. since u've gone for the site inspection why didnt the co-odinator updated u on 06 pkg?
kao_confused.gif
was ur visit few years back ago?

woody7:like u, i'd appreciate some feedbacks too.. esp on its service and food...bt this thread has been inactive
kao_sleep.gif
for quite awhile...

i'll gg dwn this coming sat...let u gals know again abt my 'feel' there...
kao_sticktongue.gif

lollypop

anyone knows how many star is novotel...

i'm quite concern on its food...esp when one of the gals commented dat she found a thread of hair in one of the dish..and the food is served cold...dat's put me off definately.. i've my reserve on novotel now...
kao_dizzy.gif

ooohooo..appreciate any comment from recent ex-novotel bride pls? thanks.

woody7

Hi Jocester, got ur email, thanx!
So tiz Sat 'll b ur 1st time meeting d coordinator is it? Do keep us updated...thanx...
otani was 4-star hotel...guess novotel clarke quay shld b same.....
hmm...quite worrying dat tiz thread seems inactive hor...like not many ppl held weddings there recently?? hmm.....
got some frens attended wedding previously at otani but all quite long ago liao...feedback for food then was alrite...so wonder how is it now.....
heard dat there're some renovations going on since d mgt change & target completion is by Sept 2005...dunno if they really can settle everything by then.....
sigh...wonder if it's risky 2 take up d package wif so much uncertainty abt tiz hotel now.....
sad.gif

lollypop

Hi woody
dats my main concern too...so in fact novotel is nt my first 'die die must book' hotel..just go there wif an open mind. unless it can give me some magical sparkz..hee ..sure will contribute my 1st impression abt the place..do u hv any other place in mind? mabbe we can share share...i'll gg to 6 venues this sat in fact..all in one shot. Greedy me huh..hee
kao_happy.gif

summer_frez

Hi Jocester,

Can you email me the package for Novotel Clarke Quay? I'm interested. Me also going site visit with my gf this weekend. I'm also going to visit a few hotels.

Jas

lollypop

Hi Jasmine
oops u've missed out ur email address?

Which are the fews u're gg? my first stop is novotel..fr 10am...up to 7pm...siong man...

woody7

Hi Jocester,
wow 10am to 7pm ah...'ll b quite tiring wor...wish it'll b a fruitful day 4 u! Do update wat perks novotel offers, thanx! btw, wich r d six hotels u'll b going?
i'm looking 4 preferably pillarless ballrm dat can hold ard 30+ tables & below $800nett per table....oni managed to find 3 hotels
sad.gif
meet these criterias - meridien, grand plaza parkroyal & novotel...Meridien's ballrm is really nicely decorated (got ice carving too) but some frens attended wedding there recently & said d food so-so or even not nice...& d traffic there is really a headache 4 guests who drive...
As for Grand plaza, heard d march-in is bride & groom separate at entrance then meet in middle...dunno if weird anot.....
Do tell me if anyone knows of other hotels can meet my criterias...Thanx!

lollypop

Sent! Jas & purple star

hi woody no choice cos my FH will be in town only this wkend and then fly off for bz trip...so i'll hv to pack my itinerary all in a day..tks goodness able to fit in nice & easy..

i'm scheduling to go novotel, hotel inn parkview, GPPR, carlton & orchard hotel. thinkg to go trader's the next time...

my bets are on novotel, carlton & orchard. i think u can try orchard hotel! they hv pillarless ballroom, can cater to ur size & is only 680+ on friday!!!! PLUS now they hv UOB promo. they are given extra perks for UOB card!!! i happened to know this under another thread and really makes me so exciting!!!
kao_love.gif

oops am i contradicting myself since i'm at novotel's thread..hahaha

bt jennifer, the co-odinator fr novotel did give me a v gd impression. she called to remind me of sat's appt..so sweet of her. she is the only one who did dat..one + to her!
happy.gif

prettyangel

hi jocester, have got your mail. thanks so much.. I dun think i can consider this place cos the min tables is 30.
sad.gif

As for goodwood park, i feel that its over our budget so now still searching around. How about you? Found your ideal place?

woody7

Hi Jocester,

thanx, i noe of d UOB promo for Orchard hotel too...but their smaller ballrm can oni take max 30 tables while d mid-size one requires min. 40 tables...my required no. of tables is in-between so cannot lor
sad.gif
...anyway their wkend price is $698+++, over $800nett liao...& d promo is valid only for weddings till Apr 2006...
hey wat's d name of d coordinator fr novotel who gave u gd impression? do share how's ur meeting wif them tmr yeah.....

lollypop

hi angel
no...
sad.gif
still looking for my ideal place. ya if i do rem, u're looking one wif min ard 16-18 tbls? hope u find ur ideal place too.
happy.gif

hi woody
oic. i'm looking to hold it on fri since it is considered as a wkday. adds up to 685 nett.

jennifer kooi is the lady! looking fwd to meeting her..& i'll express my main concern abt their FOOD. keep u post again.

lollypop

hi angel & woody
i had a most fruitful yesterday and i must said i was very fortunate meeting good co-orinators! and guess wat! i've found my ideal venue! happy for me?
kao_clap.gif
will PM u guys to tell u which one cos hv nt sign contract yet..so nt convenient to say it out here.

for the benefit of all gals who are considering novtoel. maybe i can be bit of little help here. i strongly recommended Ms Jennifer Kooi. She is one cool super friendly co-ordiator & i instantly know i'll get along wif her. which i think i can entrust her wif my wedding planning.

Anyhow abt the hotel itself, at first look, the external facade looks abit rundown and is connected to Liang court. so they share the same carpark..which can be confusing to the guest (cos this is was happened to me) but anyway this is a small hitch. but i must say the ballroom looks presentable and nice (of its high ceiling and pillarless feature)and a big foyer area. for this,i'll give it a thumb up. morever they are gg to upgrade abit here & there for the ballroom so it will even look nicer. i bet!

the most crucial part- the food! i sound my concern abt the thread of hair found in the food, the cold served food. jennifer assured me of their tip-top quality be it food or service. think it is inevitable ..may be due to drop of hair by the waiter? or when chef is preparing the food? but for sure.. no 'xiao qiang! hahah...and truely i think she is v sincere and therefore i felt much relieved after hearing her said that.
happy.gif