Novotel Clarke Quay

vividz

tweety, thanks for adding.

i'm also interested to know, do we had a changing room near the ballroom, so far I nvr see, guess they dun have bah.

I'm also so free now, nothing much to do, waiting for first appointment for BS during Jan. =P

doric

Hi, my wedding is finally over! It was a tiring and busy day for us, both of us felt we rather attend pple wedding than to go thru it ourselves. Hahaha....

1st of all, I must say thou NCQ may nt be the best hotel in Singapore, their wedding package is definitely value-for-money. As wat other brides hv mentioned, the banquet co-ordinator, Zul is really good and made us feel very much at ease. Jamie who is always so busy took time to came to see us b4 our 1st March-in. They look into very little but impt details and gave us many small surprises. The bridal suite is nicely decorated, with finger food, chocolates, champagne and rose bath waiting for us when we check-in. The co-ordinator explain every little details to us and cue us when we forget. To calm us down just b4 March-in, they gave us warm water to drink. The presentation of the 1st dish is really a pleasant surprise for us too. The "extra ingredients" shark fin is quite shiok, at least they make sure we dun go hungry thruout the dinner.

Hvn't got chance to gather much feedback fm our guests yet. But my in-laws say the vegetables a bit bitter, the pomelo sago desert too sweet. Other than tat, everything looks ok to me. After we sent off the last guest, the Chef personally came to congratulate us and check how's the food.

Overall, we had a very pleasant wedding experience with NCQ. Their ballroom may nt be the most grand, they may nt serve the best delicacy, but they provide one of the best service we can get.
happy.gif

xuer21

hi gals.... my wedding is in oct next yr... when do u all suggest i should take my BS shoot... cos next yr seems like a hot yr for marriage and dunno if i should take earlier.. or book earlier.... kindly advise...

happinessbliss

hi Michelle,

Mine AD is in Sept. ANd the BS arrange for us to have PS around March or April. We will be choosing our outfit in Feb... Hope that helps u in yr planning... or u might want to check with yr BS?

Divasan,

Hw r u?I hope everything is well for u. Dun worry too much, I'm sure everythng will be good on yr wedding day. (((HUGS)))

xuer21

Hi happiness&bliss.. heee my sis was asking me to take in Aug!!! pengz... actually i wantedto take in june or july.. but i got a few frens who got married this yr and they couldn't get a date to take their ps even 6 mths and more b4 their AD... and they warn me abt it since next yr seems very popular....

happinessbliss

erm... my BS says to take in March or Apr as by the time develop and choose pics then final layout will take like time... so by the time we take final product will be like in Jul or aug...just in time to show at our wedding dinner in Sept... and also they said that March and Apr weather is better... hahaha... so we just "Orh" and follow lor... :p

queenly

Hi Doric, congratulations~

Nice to hear you had a wonderful experience. Guess i should b put at ease that the food at NCQ wun b dat bad.

Im so looking forward to book with NCQ

not_firmed

Iris n Bliss..
wow.. too free that make u worried?? hehehe.. just relax and do one by one.. it's better to write down things to do as you are free now.. try to recall what u really need to do and note them down... Have u done yr invitation card??? prepare your angpao box? try to arganize your guestlist.. Important part is to get yr sisters and brothers task in hand.. what to bring and what to take care...

Doric.. what "extra ingredient" they gave u?? hahaha... great to hear that u enjoy yrs... share with us your photos k... add me "nengsih" if you have multiply...

Michelle.. If you are a person who loves sun, it would be better to take your photos in March or April.. I took mine during early April this year also.. my wedding also in October... taking early photos can let the BS do the best album design for u...

doric

Tweety, we got extra big bowl, extra sharkfin, extra crab meat etc., very filling leh. I'm sure u got tat too
happy.gif
My PG say the photos will only be ready in 6 weeks time. Will add u in multiply.

queenly

i just received jamie email on the 2009 bookings....OMG they increased price by $80 per table....

dats like alot loh....2008 desire was $718 now for 2009 is $798

xuer21

hi tweety... though i dun really like the sun but i dun mind haha... so maybe next yr i will make apt with my BS liao... haha... i saw ur pic!! VERY NICE!! pretty le u... can transfer some of ur PRETTINESS to me ?????? haha..

urbanlight

Hi Queen,

I also received email from Jamie about the 2009 package. It's so much more expensive than the 2008 package. Now I'm thinking whether to hold it there anot cos my budget is less than $720. Sianzz... so headache.....

earthsea

Congrats, Doric
happy.gif
Would you happen to remember how long the wedding march-in is? Is it around 45 secs or less than that? Ha ha, cos I've started auditioning songs...

happinessbliss

Hi Tweety,

Ya lo, the BS say good weather... Hubby say wait I chao ta (burnt)... and makeup "melt".... wahahaha.... But i suppose the BS are more experience to advise when come to such things, so we just follow lor....
happy.gif
can i see yr picture also? what's yr multiply address? or u can email me at [email protected]

not_firmed

divasan.. kind of long story.. don wanna talk abt that anymore...

Queen.. actually NCQ will increase the price every year...

Michelle... hei.. I'm not pretty in person or rather without make up lor... hahahaha.... U heard of make up is to make ugly girl pretty??? hahahaha... so don worry, u will also be pretty bride too...

Happiness... Don worry abt the make up, u got the ampoule right??? if u haven sign package with BS,please request MUA to follow u outdoor.. mine also like that.. but that time is not for touch up, rather I got 3 style for outdoor.. so need to get MUA to follow...

my ID is nengsih in multiply, fell free to add me.. u can chat with me in gmail as well at [email protected]

doric

Earthsea, I didn't keep track leh. March-in oledi very nervous, I more worried abt stepping on my gown. I only know from stage to the back, can put 4 tables. So, u can agar agar the distance.

Tweety, the extra ingredients shark fin is served to us during dinner. We hv to call them to serve our dinner after everything over. If not, I wonder if they will serve us or nt.

Btw, my mum say the dishes are not very hot when served, esp sharkfin and the fish, so doesn't taste as nice. Maybe the BTB here can highlight to the chef

dawson

hello don't mind can add me to the list 21 09 2008, sunday phoenix ballroom. see so many postive feedback, i guess NCQ is a rite choice for me & my wife.
happy.gif

suika

Doric,

ur dishes wasn't hot? hmm....mine was hot, or maybe there's a delay in serving of dishes that's y? coz that time we had a slight delay and the captain had get the chief to try delay the rest of the dishes.

queenly

Hi Tweety, yah i was already expecting the price to increase but looking at the pricelist for 2007 and 2008 i tot maybe increase 30-40 bucks max dats y when its $80 increment per table was abit shocked.

hahah will make an appointment with Jamie see how.

jiahui

Hi Gals
Mi never log in for so long liao. Too bz with year end work.
How are u?

Hi Queen. I'm also quite shock to hear the great increase in price. But how is the food?
Is it getting better, that y it so ex now?

Hi Dawson, i added u in the list.

Divasan 13-Dec-2007, Thu, Phoenix
Crybaby 21-Dec-2007, Fri, Cinnamon
Blur_girl 22-Dec-2007, Sat
Michelle 30-Dec-2007, Sun, Cinnamon

~bliss~ 03-Jan-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Raycia 26-Jan-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bubble-bell 24-Feb-2008, Sun, Phoenix
yesfeb 29-Feb-2008, Fri, Phoenix
merribell 29-Mar-2008, Sat, Phoenix
bernice 30-Mar-2008, Sun, Phoenix
tevetoh 19-Apr-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Yvonne 3-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bearyxmm 15-May-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Val 21-May-2008, Wed, Phoenix (about 30)
Ting 25-May-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Kelluvjer 30-May-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Sharon 31-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
henyve 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Cinnamon (Abt 22)
Rac 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (about 35)
Fantasy 15-Jun-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Lara 19-Jun 2008, Thur, Phoenix (about 30)
lingandyang 21-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (30 tables)
Joyce 22-June-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Joy 28-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix
R&J 06-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Vividz 20-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Stef 27-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
kc 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
eden_dream 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
TomC 12-Sep-2008, Fri , Phoenix Ballroom
Flora 13-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Gina 20-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Dawson 21-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Happiness&Bliss 27-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Jelly Beanie 28-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix (35 Tables)
Jiahui 5-Oct-2008, Sun, Phoenix
ChunChun 10-Oct-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Michelle 18-Oct-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Miseep 31 Oct 08, Fri, Phoenix ballroom
Gina Wee 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Maltese_lover 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
youkie 2-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Alyssac 8-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Funfun 11-Nov-2008, Tue, Phoenix
Blurgroom 16-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ivy_sammc 22-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
suzukai 30-Nov-2008, Sun, Cinnamon
earthsea 26-Dec-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Ann 27-Dec-2008, Sat, Phoenix

not_firmed

Ayukie.. u are more than welcome to view it...

Doric..I thought they will serve as mentioned by Jamie..but at the end, they nv..
My MIL's friend also complain that the dish is cold.. but my friend said ok leh...

Queen.. I think NCQ getting more popular..that's y they increase a lot??? maybe u can consider others for comparison... anyway, no harm to compare before commit..

queenly

Hi Jiahui, the food menu is exactly the same as previous years hahha

Actually been to see a few hotels...still prefer NCQ and hubby is tired of hotel sight seeing hahah so he sae just get NCQ..

well actually we are not really very particular about the dinner. My hubby say its just a dinner to tell relatives n frens we are married.

kinda agreed with him...anyway the $$ still within our means so still alrite ba.

benbenfish

Hi Happiness&Bliss,
Are u the one at ROM Oct forum? so surprise see ur nick appear here wor..

Hi everyone,

Anyone having the wedding package for 2009 for this hotel? Is this hotel good in service and environment?

xuer21

Hi Queen..guess its quite normal for the price to increase... cos need to include the inflation also... ermm i tot its a norm for prices to increase between the range of 50-100?? paisei.. i nv research any other hotel except for NCQ...

queenly

Michelle, yah increase is normal de but i guess cos i refer to the previous years tot will only be 30-40....so was abit taken back by the $$

happinessbliss

Hi Fish,

Yes I was in the ROM Oct 2007 forum. Yup I am here in this thread cos I am holding my wedding banquet in NCQ in Sept 2008.

Hi Tweety,
I have already signed up with BS already. Oppsss, must go check if MUA will follow me for outdoor shoot anot... *bang head*

cheekychick

Hi Queen, i was taken aback by the increase for 2009 prices also. Hesitated abit but me & hb decided to juz go for it...since its the only place we both like...

Just a little info for 2009 BTBs. I called them & this lady Huiling informed me that for BTBs who plan to hold AD in the FIRST HALF of 2009, may sign up at the BOWS so as to get extra perks
happy.gif
But pls call them NOW so dat they can process ur credit card authorisation first in order to reserve the dates u wan. Im meeting Huiling next Sat to place deposit but mine is 2nd half of 2009 so dun have extra perks....

tortoisezzz

Hey Cheeky chick

Thanks alot for sharing, after seeing your info, I went to register for the BOWS already hahahaha...do we have to pay $$$ for the reservation of dates??

not_firmed

Happiness.. maybe u call yr BS to check?? how many outfits have for outdoor??? if u have more than 1, i think u still can fight... afterall u won be having the same hairstyle for 2 gowns mah...

What is BOWS???

benbenfish

BOWS is the upcoming wedding event. But there is not many events and offering in BOWS lei.. But u all may refer to the website.. haha.. (http://bows.sg/)
Then anyone know roughly when is the peak season for hotel starts their wedding news and roadshow?

queenly

Hi Cheeky_chick,

meaning even for brides weddings in 2nd half of 2009 sign up at BOWs oso no extra perks?? How can like dat?

When is your date? Mine oso 2nd hlaf of 2009. Meeting Jamie ext thursday to discuss.

cheekychick

Hi Queen, dats wat Huiling told me...the extra perks at BOW is only applicable for couples whose wedding date falls on the first half of 2009
sad.gif
I have asked Huiling to reserve 12 Dec for me...im taking the Cinnamon room
happy.gif
How abt u? Mayb u can ask Jamie & see if we can have the extra perks too *sob sob*

cheekychick

U gals are fast, haha...yes, dats BOW
happy.gif
Tot u all will noe abt it..its an outdoor wedding show
happy.gif
Do register if u gals' wedding dates fall within the first half of 2009 ya? Good luck to all of u!

yvonne_ecclesia

hey girls! i passed by NCQ just now and saw the reno works going on in Liang Court. so i checked with the lady at the info counter on the estimated completion date of the works and she said it should be done by mid 2008. i just hope most of the things will be done before my AD cos it doesnt look very nice now.

happinessbliss

Gals,

I am very upset now. receive a call from Hui Ling this afternoon, cos I ask her to get back to me on the price of the room (helpers) if i need to extend. She din get back to me so i drop her an email, u know what... She called me today and told me that there is no Helper's room. I told her "No, u told us that helper's room will be provided from 2pm to 8pm?" she say NO and it is not their policy to provide helper's room and they have nvr done that... But the 1st time when me and HB go view the ballroom she told us have, then last week when we go pay deposit i ask her again she still say yes. And now she is saying NO ITS NOT THEIR POLICY.... wHAT IS THIS? And she keep using "Its not stated in the contract"... But I told her, the hotel expect us to pay then will send contract to us, she say yes usually must pay deposit to secure the place then they will prepare contract. So I say, thats y its all verbal and we trusted u....
Girls, a pce of advice for those who is dealing with her or NCQ, please bring along a pen and a pce of paper, write dwn what they promise u and get them to sign before u pay the deposit....
Grrrrrrrrr............

tortoisezzz

Happiness& Bliss

Serious??tot most hotel will provide helper free of charge ley, maybe they getting popular so change of policy???sob sob...

Cheeky chick

Yup after reading your info, I quickly went to register as like what Fish mentionede BPWS dont have much offers since it is free of charge I quickly register cos I am seriously considering Novotel...

cheekychick

Yvonne, dats wat i've heard too...that reno will be done by mid 2008. Dun worry, thou it doesnt look very nice on the outside, once ur guests enter the reception area & ballroom, it'll be a totally different feel
happy.gif
Cos thats how i felt when i first visited NCQ..impression wasent v good when i was parking but when i enter the reception area & ballroom...wow! keke...

Happiness&Bliss, u must be so upset...Im not sure if the 'change in policy' is due to the F1 next yr in Sep. If they provide every couple with a helper's room, they would lose profits i guess. Nvm, ur bridal suite can share with ur helpers rite? And i tink most probably ur jiemeis will go home to dress up instead of checking in at NCQ? Thks for ur update & advice too....

Tortoisezzz, glad to be of help to u gals
happy.gif
Do rem to call them to reserve ur date first ya? So that they can process ur credit card authorisation form...in case u r worried ur date wont be available by the time BOW is here...

happinessbliss

Thks Gals,

Ya we were pretty upset as that was what was promised during our 1st and 2nd meeting. I did not have to chance to speak to her further as I was in a meeting when she call... I will speak to her on Monday again...

tortoisezzz

Cheeky chick

OKie okie, tks alot!!!I meeting her on 19th cos she mentioned that she has a lot of appt and can only meet her after 7pm...so worried my date will be taken up ley and cant meet her earlier as bf not in singapore, :p, btw you metioned abt credit card authroisation need to pay deposit? in fact if they can give us the perks as of BOWS riteaway, I believe i will sign up immediately so that I can sleep soundly ahahaha

Happiness

My friend also took up Novotel, from what she tell, I feel Novotel quite flexible one so relax relax talk to her slowly,
happy.gif
. Oh maybe cheek chick is rite because of the F so change of policy...

xuer21

Hi Hapiness & Bliss, basically... the helper's room is really nt stated in the contract. And Huiling did mention to me there is helper room but i got ask her if its free and she told me nope. She will mention that there is helper room but hor... maybe its jsut miscommunication lor...

cheekychick

Tortoisezzz, u can ask her to reserve ur date first rite? I jus told Huiling dat im ready to place deposit & ask her to block my date for me. She said no prob & took down my details so next Sat i have to pay 3K on the spot loh. For ur case, becos u r eligible for the extra perks, u can reserve ur date with them first & u need to complete a credit card authorisation form. Once completed, they will reserve ur date for u & all u have to do, is show up at BOW & sign with them...I believe the purpose of completing the cc authorisation form is so dat u can grab ur date first...They have to b certain u reali will put down deposit before they r willing to block the date rite...lol.