Novotel Clarke Quay

shugar

Hi VaNiLLa!
I sent again! see have?
happy.gif

samanlyt

Hi Mrs Tang/Shugar!!!!

Wau ur hubby so brave & soooooo sweet!!!! He sang the full song! I was laughing while I watched the video. He seems so at ease and having fun! *Applause*
biggrin.gif

Got more AD pics to share? Cant wait to c lei!

shugar

Hi Michelle and funfun,

Sent!

Hi Vanilla,
Yah lor, he was enjoying himself. At first he said he planned to sing 1 verse only, but I think he enjoyed himself so much he sang the whole song in the end. All the guests were laughing away... :p He was in one of his crazy moods lah!

xuer21

Hi shugar, ur hubby is brave liao.. hehe if give my hubby he sure faint .. maybe in the end i got to sing for him instead! but really PEI FU!!!
happy.gif

pannie

Hi Everyone.

How are all of you? Sorry that I was unable to participate in the conversation nowadays. Been busy preparing for my ROM which is tomorrow.

But wondering something wrong with me or not cos me not feeling anything except sleepy. "Yawn!!"

So what's the IN topic now???

bubblebell

Hi Shugar,
Thanks alot! I got your checklist!! =)
Yup, i agree with Vanilla, your hb s brave!
++ clap clap ++

Hi Vanilla,
I am rather confuse now. Pls pardon me.
(1) You mean we only confirm with Jamie the actual # of tables ard 1 week before AD?
(2) The inviatations- 3mths in advance: we only ESTIMATE to Jamie the # of tables.
(3) we head down to the printer & select ur cards and print ur invites? We dun collect the cards from Jamie and source for our OWN printers?

Thanks!

shugar

Hehe... yah, I applaud his bravery too! :p
I dun think I'd have been able to do tat.

bubble-bell,
The invites are selected by you and printed by the card printer. This is direct contact with printer so it dun involve Jamie.

diorsnow

Hi all,

I went for the food tasting the other day...

The drunken chicken for the cold dish is not good...even my 8-yr old cousin says its yucky..But the gold coin meat,prawn salad,spring roll and jelly fish is OK..so any recommendations?

The sharks fin is also so-so only...acceptable.

The steamfish gourapa..traditional style, is very salty... :-( (so this i change to just normal steamfish)

Best is the garlic chicken, Yam ring and yam desset.
happy.gif

Mine is a 8-course meal.. we have 3 males, 1 boy n 4 ladies for the food tasting, the portion is just nice. so was worried if one whole table of guys, is it eough?

shugar

Hi bubble-bell,
Dun need, coz its inclusive in the agreed % of invite cards. You will need to pay the card supplier $ for the insert printing, which is not included. I also paid them to tie the gold string for me too. (to save the trouble of doing it myself :p)
Er, Unless you have your own printer which is cheaper, then you can discuss with Jamie to see if you can swap the invite cards for anything else.

shugar

Hi Nini,

For cold dish I took all the same items as you. Initially took the baby octopus, but all said not nice so changed that for the gold coin meat.
The drunken chicken, everyone said quite nice so we took that. Hehehe.. diff pple diff taste bah. :p

Hmm....the Sharks fin was good... a lot of sharks fin leh.

Fish I took traditional style, which was ok. A lot of the shredded meat. If you find too salty you can request for less salt. Just highlight to the chef.

Chicken was good. We found it very yummy too. Same for yam ring. :p slurp

We had a table of 10 for food tasting. The portion was OK leh. During our dinner, I had this table of 9 big eaters. they said enough food leh. Few of them had 2nd helping of sharks fin even.

Hope this helps!
happy.gif

samanlyt

Hi bubble-bell

Yes, confirmation onli is 1 week b4 AD, cos there may be changes. Cos once confirm the no. of tables, you cant change anymore. So usually confirmation is 1 week b4 AD.

Like what Shugar explained, Jamie will only provide the printer contact for u, so after that u'll have to liase wif the printer. NCQ will not charge you based on the no. of invites they promised (based on percentage), but u'll need to fork out $$ for the inserts/printing cost.

By then u shd agar know how many tables u'll have b4 u sign the contract. But if u'll need to add in more tables, its ok, as long as you dun fall below the minimum no. of tables tat the ballroom require. For eg. Phoenix ballroom, min tables 30.

bubblebell

Hi Vanilla,
Heheee, ming bai liao. Thanks alot!
At least now I have a rough idea of what will be happening. =)
Thanks to you and Shugar!

samanlyt

Hi Ann

Excited ma?? Congrats wor!!! Ay remember to share ur ROM pics wif us ah!!!
happy.gif
Go & slp la, tomorrow is ur big day of becoming a MRS soon..rest early!!

Hi Shugar

Envy lor..at least ur hubby sang the whole song, I mus force hubby to sing , then he 'mian qiang' sing a few phrases....Hmmmph!

samanlyt

Hi bubble-bell

No probs!
happy.gif
So inserts probably around $0.30 per pc, depends on wat paper quality u chose and wat kind of printing u chose (hot-stamping or normal). And also, whether u wanna add ribbon or change the ribbon, also another cost. These are the ones which you'll need to fork out extra $$.

crayongal

dear gals..
wow .. so many many tips gg around...

hmmm, firstly... ya.. when u guys talk abt ang bao box.. i realised dat there maybe an issue how to keep it safe ya? hee..
so vanilla , yr idea super gd le! keke... i shall rembr to tell my jiemeis dat. =)

i heard dat some ppl may jus leave the box wif them.. or under the table.. thruout the dinner.. haha.. after dat then bring back to the room ? got such thing ? =/

newae.. hmm... so many suggestions for cold dish items too.. i muz rmbr to take note. keke
but, personally.. i usually go for the prawn salad and spring roll only .. haha.. so the rest.. i dunno.. seems most of u like drunken chicken..and gold coin ?
*and i am v.sure i wanna chg veggie to yam ring. hee.. so many gd comments abt it.

by the way gals.. ncq's dessert - mango sago pomelo .. u gals mentioned smthg abt pomelo season and if it is not.. pomelo may not be nice.. so far, any feedback abt their dessert? or nobody has taken dat?
hee.. dat day i went for a dinner at MM and theirs was mango sago ice-cream..seems v.nice le. wondering if ncq can chg to smthg lydat. keke =P

shugar

bubble-bell,
I had 19 tables, (excluding VIP table)
and have about 30 cards left over.(Taking up space in my cupboard.. heheehee)

samanlyt

Hi Stef

Ya i heard some jie meis they kept the ang bao box wif them under the table after the dinner then plc them at the suite. But still i dun feel safe ay...so many ppl at the banquet can c my jie mei holding tat box..errr... :p Oh talking abt Ang bao box, mine sitting in my store now, anyone willing to buy it over frm me? Hehe.

Aiayh..too bad lei..I din get to try the 1st dish, so cant get feedback. Think too gan xiong liao. Busy waiting for my heart to stop pumping. I onli remember the sharks fin tat was serves to us, was generous!!

Btw, ladies who had their AD, NCQ did gave the top tier of the wedding cake ya? Can keep how long ah? Cos i read frm some threads can keep up to a yr in the freezer. Then ur anniversary can take out & consume again. But think those contain liquor, which allow the cake to 'preserve' longer. Cos mine still in the fridge la...So big cant finish la, & super sweet with the super thick sugar coating on top.
crazy.gif

chaicy

Hi all,

I'm new here. Lots of useful comments. Will share with my WTB. ;)

We have already booked for 12th of Sept 2008. Will post more as it gets nearer.
happy.gif

shugar

hi vanilla,

My cake gone liao. Hahaha.. cut it up. Some to in-laws, some to my family and HB and I both brought the rest to office. Yah, its really sweet. I peel off the sugar coating when i ate it.:p
U wan to try peel off the sugar and keep in liquor? Maybe that will preserve it? keke... not sure if it'll work though.

Caitou, sent!
happy.gif

pannie

Hi Vanilla.
Thanks.. but me not nervous.. only sleepy.. maybe later reach hotel, i will sleep again. Haha!!

Sure will share the pics with you all when ready.

Oh no.. here talking abt food again... better run away now before I head down to Changi Nasi Lemak to stuff myself which is just beside my hotel. Haha!!

miseep

Hi hi all NCQ brides,

I m new here and r also NCQ bride in Oct 2008. Yet to sign contract. Was reading thru the thread n saw some was saying about the FOC 1 table for 30 tables. Juz wanna confirm is that only applicable for signing up in the wedding show this year?

Is there any credit card perks?

My coordinator is Huiling. Anyone has contact with her b4? Good?

Thanks ya!!

eemoo

hello gals..

me been missing for the past few days...

Shugar, congratz!! can share your photos/video wif me too? my email: [email protected]
thanks!!

btw, i got a question...erms..do any of you gals know what we can eat to delay the monthly thing? cos i count count count and scared will come on my AD ley...like that then super suay
sad.gif
sad.gif

xuer21

Hi eemoo, u can actually visit the doc and request for the pills to delay the thing.. but hor.. heard that the side effect not very good lor.. as in when conceiving it will affect lor..

Hi miseep, the credit card that NCQ is alliance with is UOB. For weddings signed during the wedding show is free 1 table for every 30 tables and 2 nights stay in the bridal suite. But now dunno if the offer is still on lor... btw, which date are u looking at??? paisei i very kpoh hehe.. I contacted huiling all the while.. find her quite ok lor..

diorsnow

Hey Shugar,

Thankx for replying.
happy.gif

The whole table of mine commented the drunken chicken tasted like straight from the fridge..
sad.gif
I think I'll change that to soya chicken instead.. :p

Anyways, my aunt commented our 8-dishes looks very simple.. like not much meat.. *i chose the 2nd menu* And it looks very 'han suan'..
sad.gif

So i think i'll probably add to one more pipa duck to 9-dishes..

eemoo

Hi Michelle, oh okay...but take 1 time only maybe won't have that effect bah, right?? i think how first...cos one of my gal-frds said eat more "cooling" things to make it come earlier, not a bad idea oso..hee
happy.gif

shugar

Hi eemoo,
Dun worry so much 1st coz maybe your 'aunty' may be late? Coz of wedding preparations and all the stress. Mine was 2 weeks late leh. Made me so kan cheong!
sad.gif
lucky it finished when AD came. Phew! Yah, pills should be last resort. Heard its not good lor.

Hi NiNi,

Yup the NCQ dishes are not very big on meat i realised too. But maybe that's a good thing. Won't have the guests feeling very stuffed. But for the dishes like the yam basket and fish there are some shredded meat in them. For ours, the topping on the steam fish was very generous.
Overall, all praises from our guests.

xuer21

Hi eemoo.. eat too much cooling things hor.. stomach cramps very jia lat one le... and not confirm it will come... but still better dun take the pills lor.. no good..

crayongal

hey gals..

hehe... i like to come to our thread n talk to u gals la.. some of u are so funny too. hee.. and erms, of coz ..so many tips to chg.

eh.. i thot the menu has chicken..and fish... and also prawns.. so, quite alot of food mah.. hee.. i always go for wedding dinners and towards the end..oredi feel so full. cant eat the ee-fu mee dish le.. ekke =P

so, nini.. i tink 8dishes are fine. .but of coz, if u tink maybe too little for the guests den add one more dish lors.. =)

oya, chk wif u gals.. anyone is having church ceremony/recept?
coz i am having dat.. and am tinkg if there is a need to get the MUA to come b4 church ceremony to touch up on makeup.. coz makeup would hv been done v.early in the morning rite?
so.. by 2pm when church ceremony starts.. it'll not look so nice le?
hmm..but den.. lydat.. hv to pay more. oredi.. i m paying her more coz mine is 2 days. sat - AD and sun - banquet... heh

diorsnow

Ya lor..too much it'll be wasted.. but the food tasting i had, really doesnt give me a good impression of the serving size... The yam ring basket is also just nice for 10 adults..

either i get a wok-fried prawns or pipa duck.. wat do u all tink?

neocaitou

Hi NiNi,

Originally, I chose Desire Package. When we went for food tasting, my hubby and MIL also tot that the food are too simple and not presentable enough.

My MIL wants lobster for the cold dish and sea cucumber to be included in the menu. So in the end, we chose Pleasure Package and changed 2 dishes - Roast Platter to Lobster Platter, and Mixed Mushrooms with Broccoli to Braised Sea Cucumber with Spinach. In the end, per table is $833/-. The killer is the sea cucumber....

I have come to realize that wedding is not just between the couple. It is between the families of the couple. So to make the elders happy, we will try to accomodate whatever reasonable comments they have.
happy.gif

Although heartache, but no choice lah. Can't make the groom side look bad mah.

neocaitou

Hey Gals!

Something to check with you. My MIL gave me $1k and asked me to go and choose either a pair of bangles or a pair of rings for the GDL. I asked my dad. He mentioned that bangles/rings are ok if not it is the Si4 Dian3 Jin1, or rather Zhuan4 now.

My hubby was saying that we ourselves topped up some money to buy better stuff. But I rather save the money for paying the banquet. :p

So is it ok if I just buy bracelets instead of bangles har? My sis suggests that I better follow my MIL's suggestion. Haiz........ Wat do you think?

jiahui

Just to update the list.
Any new NCQ BTB may just add in the list.

Rine 26-Oct-2007, Fri, Phoenix
Tweety 27-Oct-2007, Sat Cinnamon (about 25)
Belle 03-Nov-2007, Sat Phoenix
Caitou 23-Nov-2007, Fri, Phoenix
Rene2803 24-Nov-2007, Sat, Phoenix
Eemoo 25-Nov-2007, Sun, Phoenix
DiorSnow 29-Nov-2007, Thu, Phoenix
Doric 02-Dec-2007, Sun, Phoenix
Divasan 13-Dec-2007, Thu, Phoenix
Crybaby 21-Dec-2007, Fri, Cinnamon
Blur_girl 22-Dec-2007, Sat
Michelle 30-Dec-2007, Sun, Cinnamon

~bliss~ 03-Jan-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Raycia 26-Jan-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bubble-bell 24-Feb-2008, Sun, Phoenix
yesfeb 29-Feb-2008, Fri, Phoenix
merribell 29-Mar-2008, Sat, Phoenix
bernice 30-Mar-2008, Sun, Phoenix
tevetoh 19-Apr-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bearyxmm 15-May-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Val 21-May-2008, Wed, Phoenix (about 30)
Ting 25-May-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Kelluvjer 30-May-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Sharon 31-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
henyve 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Cinnamon (Abt 22)
Rac 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (about 35)
Fantasy 15-Jun-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Lara 19-Jun 2008, Thur, Phoenix (about 30)
lingandyang 21-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (30 tables)
Joyce 22-June-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Joy 28-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix
R&J 06-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Vividz 20-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Stef 27-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
kc 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
eden_dream 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
TomC 12-Sep-2008, Fri
Flora 13-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Gina 20-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Jelly Beanie 28-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix (35 Tables)
Jiahui 5-Oct-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Michelle 18-Oct-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Gina Wee 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Maltese_lover 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
youkie 2-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Alyssac 8-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Funfun 11-Nov-2008, Tue, Phoenix
Ivy_sammc 22-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
suzukai 30-Nov-2008, Sun, Cinnamon
Ann 27-Dec-2008, Sat, Phoenix

Hi TomC, which ballroom you are using?

eemoo

Shugar, you're lucky...wait me not so lucky how?? haahaa...we'll see how when it gets nearer to the date lor..

Michelle - ya, cramps is one of my concerns...
sad.gif
but for now, i just pray hard first.. hahaa
happy.gif

eemoo

Caitou, i think it's still okay to get bracelets. cos bracelets and bangles almost the same mah. And i think it's better that you take the $$ and buy some jewellery else your in-law will not be very happy.

cos from what i know, for GDL, the in-laws will present your family with the gifts and jewellery, it's like a hao-zhao-tou, and also telling your parents that they are able to take care of you.

jiahui

Hi Caitou
Ya I agree that wedding is not only within the couple.
Or can I say, couple are the one who pay, and both sides parents play as directors.
We got to listen whatever they suggest to make them feel happy.