Novotel Clarke Quay

brandon2010

Hi Hannah, 6 hrs is kinda of long. In that case, don't think I will be able to find someone to do it.

My prefer choice is also pheonix ballroom but don't wish to stretch my list. Shld be giving up NCQ and look for another one.

babyangel_86

hi all...juz went to choose my wedding photo today...really happy wit the photo lor..manage to shortlist lor..dun need to add any extra lor..cos we bring my dad..n htb bring his mum..so can decide quite fast lor..but the BS was gd..didn't like psyco us to add lor..hehe..then the photo they show us is nt edited one..was already quite nice..so really looking forward to the edited one lor..hehe..manage to secrely took 3 photo using my phone..ya..wanted to take more..but think they saw lor..haha..hmm..load the phone taken one on FB..can go see lor..haha..

joyle_t

hannah>> so excited!! the big day is coming soon!! when you can get your wedding album?

jus added u on fb~ and realised that we got lots of common friends (apart from those on SgBrides)!

joyle_t

hannah>> so excited!! the big day is coming soon!! when you can get your wedding album?

jus added u on fb~ and realised that we quite a few common friends (apart from those on SgBrides)!

babyangel_86

jolye:..oh really?...hehe..okie..i go accept u..hmm..i think is oct..but b4..think need to go a few time to finalise the layout..haha..when is urs?..nw is my dinner gt headache lor..gt 53 tables lor..need to cut down lor..especially my mum lor..to 46 tables..then initially my in law say their only 15..then when we draft out is like 25 lor..hai..yeap..going to print our dinner insert n church wedding card this week lor..xcited lor..!

joyle_t

hannah>> that's alot of tables!!! how many ur mum's taking? we forecasted 30 last yr.. now htb change to 35 cos' of biz partners.. I haven't finalised my colleagues list.. hope it doesn't increase..

oh yah, ruth's my colleague, mel's my sec sch classmate & florence's from Uni..

shawnnkalyn

Hi,

Any novotel bride here has already printed their invites? I'm thinking of printing in JB. I'm afraid that they do not have the hotel's details in chinese. Can pls provide me with the hotel's name, phoenix ballroom, address in chinese for me.. Thanks.

prisci11a

hannah, omg!! 53 tables, its going to be a mad rush for photo taking... hope u really can cut to 46... i targetting to stick with my 35... fingers cross!!

can add me in FB too, i want to see ur pic leh - [email protected]

babyangel_86

jolye:..ya lor..alot..i'm cutting down to 46..yeap..but my mum nw is nt in singapore..yeap..wait for her to come back then as her to cut lor..haha..yeap..the world is so small lor..so when is ur AD?

kalyn..i'm going to print my invite tml lor..but i dun hav the chinese words wit me..cos t-dragon gt templates one..but is wit my htb..yeap...

joyle_t

hannah>> my AD's in march nex yr.. have u chosen ur deco for the ballroom? & u took which package? wanna start keeping track of the gd food from ur food tasting/AD!

now that kalyn talk abt invite, need to ask if NCQ provides us with the template? cos' my dad's doing the inserts for me and I need the details as well..

pris>> haha~ 35 is the GOLDEN number for us! Htb just said to me aft I posted 35,"Maybe will hit 40..." I declared the RED figure on my excel sheet to him.. hope the extra tables are "money back guarantee"..

are u girls having table to table photo-taking? I find it a hassle.. =( having instant photo-print, thinking of just taking photos with ppl during reception & some after the dinner.

thommy

kalyn, I printed mine in JB with T&T, they have all the templates there. Not only for NCQ but a lot of other SG hotels as well cos they do a lot of SG couples' biz.

joyle, NCQ will direct you to T-Dragon, they have all the templates there.

Initially me and wife also wanna do away with table-to-table phototaking cos we don't like and also not much time to go round. Ended up most of the tables wanted to take with us so our PG had no choice but to oblige hahaha.

babyangel_86

jolye:..hmm..i haven choose the ballroom deco..but think will mix the flower n crystal theme lor..hehe..abput one month b4 then choose the theme n flavors..i think..hah..i took the pleasure package one...yeap..2 wk then food tasting still long..haha..

hmm..i'll go table to table for photo taking lor..hehe..yeap..

joyle_t

thomas>> i need to template cos' i not going to print outside.. my dad will print the inserts, but I need to get him the address in chinese now that Kalyn reminded..

Hannah>> basically there's either crystal or flower or mix yah? and the red cloth that they use to drape the bkdrop.. can change colour~?

prisci11a

joyle, as long as the additional 5 tables are good frens ... should be ok... maybe u can let it "leak" about how much ur tables costs, better chance that u will not lose $$...

at the moment, i m still sticking to 35... fingers cross... but there are some sounds from the parents that they may need 1 or 2 more...

babyangel_86

jolye:..the backdrop cannot change..but the table cloth can change the colour..the flower also can..yeap..sop far the theme is iether the flower or crystal..or can mixed..most slightly i'll mix..yeap..haha..

babyangel_86

hi all..morning!..my mum finally back..can dicuss wit her on regard to the exceed of tables..hehe...hai..sian..packing luggage now..cos..sun morning need to go chine for mission trip..ya..this is the biggest luggage then i eva bring lor..cos need to bring all the insrument along..*sigh..*

joyle_t

pris>> my extra tables are mostly ppl whom I dunno i think.. =/

I went down to NCQ to peek at the ballrm (AGAIN) with one of my jiemei yest.~ the ballrm looks kind of small, i think cos' its quite squarish (short rectangle).. but I counted the no. of tables for the wedding held last nite, 30tables, and alot of space ard! the tables were already quite spaced out..

hannah>> all the best! everything will turn out alrite~ u gg to whh part of china for mission trip? i've always heard wonderful experiences frm mission trips, hope u also have some special encounters!

babyangel_86

jolye:..i going to kuming..eap..but its nt tat kind of chirstian one..its going wit my hospital..going there to do free surgeries for them..i go n assist the surgeons lor..hehe..but still..i believe god will take gd care of us..haha!..the ballrm can put quite alot of tables..cos one of the ex NCQ bride has 42 tables..n she say its nt cramp lor..nt guest complain also..yeap..

joyle_t

hannah>> the ballrm looks cosy, but actually quite a lot of space.. =)

kunming? with hosp. also shld be quite an experience! see u back here soon..

prisci11a

Hey hannah, have a good trip
happy.gif

joyle.... fingers cross.. hope your frens are supportive enough :s

by the way, i was wrong.. parents want 5-6... not my guess of 1 or 2, anyway, i expect that numbers will still keep changing since i'm still more then 8 mths to go....

joyle_t

pris>> guess what goes around comes around, so friends will not be the spoilsport..

my parents haven't really confirm also.. we only kept to the standard 10 tables as replacement for pin jin..

prisci11a

joyle, yeah, good friends are not the spoil sports.. for me, if i am not willing to give, i rather not attend ba....

my friend actually made a point to record all the amounts she got so that she will give the same back... ahahahahah.. dunno if she take note of recent inflation

joyle_t

pris>> for me i think I'll just give the couple enough to cover the rate for the venue, not so much on whether how much they gave me.. then top-up % depending on how close we r..

wentan81

Hi, I'm planning to hold my wedding next year Dec 2011. Have selected few hotels as below:

1) Novotel Clarke Quay
2) Pan Pacific- Ocean Ballroom
3) Sheraton Towers
4) Carlton Hotel

Need your help and advice on the above hotels especially on Novotel.

Thank you

julia85

hi wentan

from wat i know.. dec 2011 is alrdy full for novotel.. they only left with x'mas day & new yr eve.. which requires top-up..

wizkat

i met up with huiling over the weekend and she told me that Novotel will be having a workshop in Oct10 and new promotion will be rolled out without price change of $928,$968 and $988 nett. if anyone is interested, can hold on your booking till Oct10.

The current promotion with blissful bride magazine is quite good already, additional free 1 bottle of wine per confirmed table + free helpers room from 2-7pm.

I find that huiling is quite nice cos when i wanted to sign up she told me to put on hold just in case new promotion is better than current promotion. She helped me to confirmed my AD date with my credit card authorisation form. so on the workshop day, they will go ahead to deduct my credit card for deposit while i get to choose which promotion package. Need to do so because new promotion package only valid if deposit is paid on that workshop day itself.

i also managed to get her waived off the 50% food tasting for cinnamon ballroom package. but cant get more parking coupon and free upgrade to bridal suite.

subangel

yeahh.. their workshop offers are usually better than any magazine promo..

i signed up mine at the last wedding show.. and overwrite the blissful bride mag offer! they even have sure-win lucky draw with prizes like free helpers room, additional nite stay, free buffet dinner for 4 etc.. depends on ur luck =)

subangel

oh yes! agree that the bridal suite is nice!
oversees the IR view wor.. if there are ever doubts about novotel, once u see the bridal suite u will imm sign with them.. haha

wizkat

huiling told us we could only choose either free upgrade to suite or free food tasting for cinnamon package. suite upgrade cost $230 but food tasting cost $464. so of cos we choose free food tasting lor.. anyway we will upgrade to suite on our own expense if the workshop couldnt provide us better deals.

we viewed the normal executive room that comes with cinnacom package, nothing impressive at all. i do agree with u guys that the suite is really nice!

joyle_t

Thomas>> abt the feedbacks.. haha~ i tot so too, was easier looking thru' the past posts then for incoming feedback..

genie>> i think the only difference in the perks is when u get the different packages.. I think for the more exp packages u will get better perks..

but of cos' they fixed it, so ppl getting the same package will get the same perks, no more no less.. sure no "lu gee".. haha~

joejoy

Hi all

want to ask whether there's any good banquet manager to recommend that is willing to take our feedback seriously?
My bf is quite upset during food tasting, as he found the banquet manager very defensive when we feedback , he dun mentioned he wld improve the dish but simply just brush us out and said we can opt out this dish and select others instead and just want us to sign off the feedback form. Before The food started, he already inform us about the expectation like if sharkfin is starchy, is bcos guest left it for some time then come back to eat,if dilute is bcos add vinegar etc , it seems like if food not nice is always not the way they cook but is all bcos of other reasons etc so we cannot claim them.. Pls advise whether u got similar experience and how do you all manage?

yenyun

Hi Joejoy, I also had my food tasting 2 weeks ago and was also served by a very defensive resturant manager. Not too sure whether is he the same person we talking abt. Anyway I have quite a bad experience with the food tasting and wrote it down on the comment form... But luckily my hotel coordinator really sat down and listen to us. But I'm still crossing my finger for the food taste and quality on the actual day. Hope they really take in my comments seriously...

thommy

angy: wah, say until like this ah? hahaha...

joejoy, yenyun: no such problem for me...my restaurant manager that time who took in our feedback was kevin I think...he took the trouble to explain each and every dish and how they prepare it...of cos you have to be understanding also lah, not every dish will come out to your expectations.

they took our comments seriously and the food on my AD was wonderful. All our guests loved the food, finished almost every dish on the table.

prisci11a

yenyun / joejoy, why like dat!!!the reason that they gave on the sharksfin was the same one that HL had given me... think i will do a test on the sharksfin during food tasting....

yenyun

dun know... cos initially i chosen the mango promelo for my dessert but the mango is so sour during the food tasting... and the restaurant manager said is the season and at least they didn’t add artificial sugar to make the mango sweet... i was like -_-"

babyangel_86

wah...like its real bad for food tasting..i'm going for mine in thurs lor..dunno hw will it b?..hmm...my future father in law dun hav too gd impression of NCQ..hope it will nt worsten the imprssion during the food tasting..

yenyun

hopefully he is not my banquet manager that day.. but i can say overall Novotel still give a good service.. so i just hope no more hipcups ^_^

joyle_t

the banquet manager and the restaurant manager.. are they the same person?

I'm expecting the person who is handling the banquet on wedding nite to be a hotel personnel..

wentan81

Hi all,

I just called to enquire about the workshop but they mentioned that its not confirmed yet. They will throw in additional perks without price change. Can check with you all on the promo package with blissful bride magazine as I've not heard of this promo? anyone can share? thanks alot!

babyangel_86

hi all..going for my food tasting tonite..so xcited lor..hehe..yeap..wondering hw will the food turn out lor..yeap..hope it really nice..n will take picture of it..hehe..