Novotel Clarke Quay

thngs

Hi BTB, im holding my wedding in Novotel too. Im taking the Phoneix Ballroom on the 29th Sept 2009. Huiling is my coordinator. May I know who is "Lis", she seems very helpful, mayb can get her as coordinator. Thanks.

thngs

went to Tdragon yesterday, they have lots of design to choose from. they are charging 200 pcs of insert for $100, additional per pc is $0.20.

mich55

could be...but dun take it 2 seriously, as diff pple will comment abt anything 1...dim ok la, not dark can alr...

1 thing to note, pple comment when eating time, no music, so I dun noe whether shd be arrange by us or the banquet...

evergreen_23

i think the music during dinner is input by couple one..

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>AD</TD><TD>Ballroom</TD><TD>Coordinator</TD><TD>Comments/Feedback </TD></TR><TR><TD>zer061zer0</TD><TD>01-May-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>poohise</TD><TD>03-May-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>Everything is nice.... Only hiccups is the carpark so those wedding coming soon, do check to ensure its working fine, as some of my guests have to pay despite they got the complimentary carpark coupons. the services rendered was good! Really thanks to Lis, the banquet executive in charge. She does help to ensure everything goes on smoothly, as well as ensure no one sabotaged us throughout. haaa... Kevin was great too, though he was away during my wedding, but no major hiccups so its ok. hee.. :D Food was good! Except the chicken dish was slightly cold (pity abt tat as its the nicest dish we thought to be during the food tasting) The fish was great! Guess timing is important in getting the fish prepared and cooked. Heard dessert was fantastic. Sweet in all. :Di din change, so stick to soon hock. i go for 1 barrel beer and 1 bottle wine per table. Had open excess 10 bottles (i had 30 tables) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hui</TD><TD>08-Jun-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>3 thumbs up for NCQ! Everything went smooothly according to plan and more! Our coordinator was Lis and she's fantastic! She took a lot of initative that night to help me with my gown change, bringing my 2nd EG to a nearby room so that I do not have to waste time to go up to the room to change again, offer us many advice before the march in and she even helped my husband drink when his frens forced him to and quickly ushered us away so that they cannot force drinks down on him again (we specifically told her before the wedding to try and help keep us sober haha).The food was fantastic and no complains on food quality and quantity. The decor (we choose Flower theme with red roses) and ambience was perfect. Every small details was well taken care of so my husband and I can truly enjoy the night. Alcohol consumption was normal i guess. We opened up another 10 bottles of wine and 14 bottles of beer on top of the 35 complimentary wine and 1 barrel beer. HOwever, ours was a Mon dinner so this may be something that weekends couples may like to note. No complains at all to hold our wedding at NCQ! </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michelle</TD><TD>27-Jun-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>the banquet manager is good to give us clear instructions. Bridal suite is nicely decorated. The PA seems to be in diff level, so the coordination is not v good. Dishes come too fast, dinner ended 10:30pm, then when guests ask for drinks after that was told that drinks are finished, but was only 10:30. Food wise v subjective, some say nice, some say chicken is hard, fish is small...some say fish is nice...I find shark's fin is starchy. Food is enough for everyone. Yam paste 2 sweet. I managed to cover the cost, gave 4 tables to mum, open extra 4 red wine.had extra 2k some more..but really depends who u invite, those long distance relative dun give a lot. old aunties &amp; uncles also &amp; long time fren also. as there is some miscomm, we dont have veg guests but end up order for 2, so they send the veg food to us after dinner. For the bridal suite, 1 of the light is not working, then we call for room svc, take us some time...morning, also no one pick up the call at the counter. Thumbs up for kevin, he is v helpful, he help us to get contact for dry ice used for my church wedding. he help us to place order &amp; arrange it. </TD></TR><TR><TD>silverx2c</TD><TD>18-Jul-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>selina</TD><TD>25-Jul-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>aroh</TD><TD>20-Sep-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Priscilia</TD><TD>29-Sep-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>solidbrik</TD><TD>30-Sep-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chan Hui Shan</TD><TD>13-Oct-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>DCn33</TD><TD>17-Oct-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Queen</TD><TD>25-Oct-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheer</TD><TD>25-Oct-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shirley</TD><TD>08-Nov-09</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>lilmspep</TD><TD>12-Nov-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>cutelittletoes</TD><TD>14-Nov-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mmelody11</TD><TD>15-Nov-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Genevia</TD><TD>15-Nov-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ixoral</TD><TD>21-Nov-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Felix Lim</TD><TD>27-Nov-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vi</TD><TD>29-Nov-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>breezy</TD><TD>29-Nov-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Twilight Zone</TD><TD>30-Nov-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ger Lim</TD><TD>04-Dec-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>W&amp;L</TD><TD>04-Dec-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>BaoBao</TD><TD>07-Dec-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>juju</TD><TD>10-Dec-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheeky_chick</TD><TD>12-Dec-09</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rainame</TD><TD>13-Dec-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>jenny tan</TD><TD>22-Dec-09</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>bahamass</TD><TD>09-Jan-10</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>evergreen</TD><TD>10-Jan-10</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinkle</TD><TD>16-Jan-10</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fiona</TD><TD>23-Jan-10</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Katherine</TD><TD>23-Jan-10</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tan</TD><TD>25-Jan-10</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>natelyn</TD><TD>13-Mar-10</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Thomas</TD><TD>14-Mar-10</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Corrine</TD><TD>15-May-10</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>randyce</TD><TD>25-Sep-10</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>jeffrey chan</TD><TD>23-Oct-10</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Huiling</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pooh</TD><TD>23-Oct-10</TD><TD>Cinnamon Ballroom</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy Girl </TD><TD>12-Dec-10</TD><TD>Phoenix Ballroom</TD><TD>Kevin</TD><TD>-</td></tr></table>

dcn33

hi Priscilia, 200 pcs for $100 is X!!
T&amp;T Instant print at JB is charging:
100 pcs at RM60
200 pcs at RM80
i tink i'll go in to print n can shop shop as well

cheer7

michelle: thanks for e update! glad to hear tt things went smoothly
happy.gif
enjoy ur honeymoon! where wil u b gg?

priscilla, thanks for e info! does it come wif NCQ map?

DCn33, if u drive, then no prob to go JB but for us not driving, a bit hard to move in n out of JB, veri troublesome...

tink its a sat, tt's y jam @ e carpark as lotsa ppl went there for clubbing/pubbing... if u happen to go CQ on sat, u wil c e cars jammin at both side of e road leadin to e carparks... mayb tt's y, e banquet try to end early so tt guests wont get jam on their way out...

thommy

mich: I see..hahaha no choice lah I guess, can't have the best of everything. Dim is ok for us as long as not in total darkness can liao LOL

eating time no music? tot u were supposed to give them CDs to play if u want to have music?

DC: aiyoh can't use JB prices to compare with SG lah, sure cheaper mah due to exchange rate.

agree with cheer, I'd rather spend more to get it done in SG than to go thru the hassle of travelling all the way to JB to do it

mich55

cheer> gg Hokkaido on 11jul...

Thomas> think my coodinator forgot to play...

Who got FB? so far I think I only add Thomas, cheer... i think so hehe..

thommy

mich: wah hokkaido...now is summer leh, best time to go...very nice place, hope I can go there also for my honeymoon
happy.gif
enjoy ur trip !

ya thanks for the add...u also a babe leh =)

mspiggy85

morning all...

michelle: do share ur experience there after u back ok. haha i think will be very nice... we planning to go there too after wedding but cant decided to go during winter or summer. haha u can add me in FB at [email protected]

spacy

Hello to All NCQ brides,

Check out with you all, for the wedding card, what pen color did you use to write the names ??
Black fine tip marker pen or Gold marker pen??
Pls advise me ya, cos i'm going to start writtng the wedding card..
Thanks..

xlan

hi spacy, depend on ur insert printing ba.. for mine.. i use gold print on ivory insert.. so naturally i will choose to use as similar pen color as to the printed words loh.. so i bought this gold ballpen from popular.. look quite nice to me la.. but it's only our hand writing spoiled everything.. hahahaha.. ;p

spacy

Hi xlan,

Mind to share what brand n model of ur gold pen??
I would like to buy that too..cos i have the same insert and prints with you..
happy.gif

Thanks in advance

thommy

morning ladies!

mich: u really pretty that day
happy.gif

rand: hokkaido best to go during summer, winter too cold, nothing much to see plus shops also close very early.

mich55

added u randyce...

so comforting to hear that good to go in summer...this period, not much pl to go, most places are hot, but tour guide says Hokkaido not so hot...good la, at least I wont catch fly easily.

cheer7

michelle: enjoy!! we oso plan to go hakkaido... but tink wil b next yr liao... cos yr end wil b winter there...

Dcn33, i c.. but we r too lazy to take bus.. hee...

xlan

spacy.. can't rem wat brand le let alone model.. haha.. u go popular n try la.. there r many gold pen.. frm diff brand n w/ diff thickness.. must find 1 tat u feel is smooth to write n u feel is comfortable to hold.. cos u gonna use it to write A LOT.. mus find 1 tat u feel most comfortable writing in it.. =)

dcn33

need help here..
i'm taking outdoor shoot next week,
n would like a colorful background.
anyone know of places/cafes/restaurants
that is colorful?
please advise..

shirleyp

hihi everybody:

Hi DCn33: i saw my friend took their pic at Grand Shanghai Restaurant..hmm the result is very colourful(but dun know whether they willing to open 4 those that did not sign with them)..another friend hv their in pub cos she like the drink..haha so u can image her pic posture is holding beer bots...omg

dcn33

anywhere as long as e background is colorful..
tks all for sharing..

e pub i know my bfrd has closed down
sad.gif

if not, we will definitely go for it

lilmspep

i tink clarke quay(nite view) wld b nice.. me n HTB gonna haf our nite shot there... imagine d line of pubs, d light etc.. not to mention we having our wedding banquet there...
happy.gif

mich55

DCn33> BTB from my BS went to downdown east the ferris wheel there, result is colorful from outside, they took the rides inside so looks fun!

garyselina

Wow- have been away, didn't realize this forum was so active... I'm getting married in just 20 + days! =) Real quick question- anyone know how much they charge for extra night in bridal room? thanks ahead =)

thommy

DC: can't recall anything now, maybe today fri lol. Will update here when my brain is working later hahahahaha...

dingding: u can get their 2010 package directly from their website www.dreamweddingsatnovotel.com

hope to see u joining us here soon!

agree with lilm, me and wife will be taking some shots at CQ area after our luncheon is over also hehhehehe

selina: welcome back! u must be excited right? as for ur question, I think diff dates will have diff rates...ur coordinator didn't state in ur contract? for mine, Huiling told me it's 380++ per night but for others here when I asked, theirs was much much more exp (ard $700++) per night

randyce, can u confirm? haha

me dunno whether wanna stay another night also, wife not too keen though

garyselina

have so much to catch up...

Thomas- wow- thanks for quick update (btw, I'm so glad to see guys in this discussion, my FI will feel better as he is doing so much there)...

Yea, my FI just went today and found out about the PA system, so not sure about how to coordinate with music and activity... debating about using CD or mp3?

garyselina

Thomas-- =) FI = fiance - learned from other wedding vocab, guess not used much here =) and from over here - sending greetings from night =)

garyselina

thomas:

my 'FI' is in Singapore and I'm at United States, so he is the one that is coordinating everything... he is doing a lot, but as you can imagine- the difficulties collaborating from afar. Only arriving 2 weeks before the wedding and then I will have so many decisions to make... like picking out favors and decor- feel like i'm a lil bit behind.. =)

thommy

selina: oic...aiyoh I tot what u saying somemore hahahahaha...

wah it must be hard on him then...not easy to do everything by himself leh...

u studying there or?