Novotel Clarke Quay

happinessbliss

haha.. ya me only eat bread and kopi... keke... too busy and too many things on mind to eat... but i do snack abit here and there in between...so quite ok la....

I wokeuo at 4.30am... cos by the time i eat and pack my stuff already abt 6plus... then i got to put on my ampoule to get my face ready for makeup...kekekek....

pannie

Happiness&Bliss - Wah... asked me wake up so early i cannot take it. how come u put ampoule on your face yourself? Not MUA who do it for you meh?

Jiahui - ya... but i dun like to drink birdnest.. got a smell i dun like. mum always say i dunno how to enjoy gd stuff. Haha! I also dunno she would cook the night before or morning.

happinessbliss

Ann < I got very sensitive skin so I got my ampoule from my beautician instead. And it is cheaper then taking from MUA artist and also bigger bottle lor.... then also MUA also don't knw use what brand scared wait my skin breakout rash on that day then die...

pannie

I see... I also felt like using my own ampoule... but I also dunno my ampoule good or not. Hai... nvm la.. just use theirs lo. Maybe I can give mine to my MIL to use.

evergreen_23

does anyone knows whether the 2010 is open for booking already? suppose to be in their mailing list but havent hear from them yet..

please advise. Thanks.

siling3

oops... just realise that i did not leave mi email address... [email protected]

Thanks Thanks
happy.gif

adathong

Hi All,

I just held my wedding on 5th dec 2008 and everything really went smoothly, thanks to Rico and Kevin and all helpers who assist in the wedding that make it a success! Thumbs up comments from my guests on the food! hee hee only negative is the complimentary fruit cake given to us which is not that nice ah :p Bridal suite is nicely decorated
happy.gif

adathong

ixoral,

ya at first i also worry as read through previous comments on their services and food..:p but think they manage to receive and improve based on all our feedback, glad my wedding do not have any hiccups
happy.gif

happinessbliss

Hwee Hwee < coingrats!!! Glad to hear that yr wedding went well with novotel! We also got very good service from Rico and his team during our wedding in Sept.... though i was jittery before the march in, Rico manage to calm me down.... I did write in to Novotel to express our thanks to Rico
happy.gif

evergreen_23

Rico is one of the wedding planner? I know only Kevin and another gal (not sure of her name) as the wedding planner in Novotel.

Siling: The package for 2010 is not ready yet. booking for 2010 is also not open yet..
happy.gif
what's ur intended AD?

ck_jun

Hi guys, thinking of holding my wedding banquet at novotel, met up with kevin, funny guy haha

anyone got your wedding pics of their phoenix ballroom? would love to get a preview =)

evergreen_23

Congrats Kok Jun!
Care to share when's your AD?

For pictures, you can either give me your email addy / PM me, or you can read the history of the forum...they do have pictures on the ballroom and stuff.
happy.gif

pannie

Hi everyone.

My wedding is next Saturday.

I would like to check when is the latest time you all provide the confirmed attendance. Cause my hubby's parents still have some issue finalising the guest list.

I would also like to find out if the hotel would provide me with flower petals to throw along the aisle or I have to buy the petals on my own.

Please advise.

Thanks.

jiahui

Hi Ann
Normally will be 1 week before wedding has to confirm the attendance to your coordinator.
But, to play safe, need to double check with them.
The NCQ will provide the petals, but must inform
the coordinator in advance.
For me, I did inform Huiling during our finalise meeting,
of letting the guests throw the rose petals along the aisle.

pannie

Hi Jiahui.

Thanks for your information. I will inform Huiling accordingly.

Wedding next saturday, feeling rather jittery now.

adathong

hi kovan,

ooo not able to get my pics back yet as my photographer busy for this whole month will send to u once i have then
happy.gif

dinny

Hi guys,

Just confirm my wedding dinner with Novotel. Asked the planner to show us around the bridal suite..Its a bit small and it wasn't decorated yet. Anyone out there has got a picture of the bridal suite on its actual day??

sillyqueen

Hi everyone,

I am new to this thread and am having plans to hold my AD here. I have the intention to have my AD in the later part of 2010. Has anyone managed to sign a 2010 pkg with them? Can anyone share with me their pkg and pricing?

jiahui

Hi Ann
Congratulation to you in advance.
Your wedding is around the corner.
Just relax and prepare to be a happy bride.
Enjoy your big day.

Also wishing all merry christmas and happy new year.
Hope for a better Year 2009.

earthsea

Hi everyone, had my wedding on 26 Dec and it was wonderful! I have nothing but good things to say! Many thanks and kudos to Kevin, who was amazing. He always made time to answer our questions and gave us good advice. For example, we picked the shower gel and photo coaster for our favours, and he suggested that we can take the coasters home to insert our own pictures, which we did. And when he heard that we wanted to take photos in Kinokuniya, he actually went the extra mile to get permission from the store manager on our behalf! Our banquet manager Liz was also top-class and everything went without a hitch. The dinner went very smoothly, starting at 8.20pm and ending by 10.45pm.

Rooms:
The bridal suite was beautiful, filled everywhere with very fresh roses, and food. On the bed was a really cute set of wedding bears, and at night, we got gingerbread men.

The pre-wedding snacks were really nice club sandwiches, fries and samosas. (But we didn't eat any, so our helpers ate instead) After dinner, we came back to the wedding cake and a big plate of chocolate truffles. They also wheeled in our food from the dinner on a small table, which was good, cos we were starving! So while we ate, our helpers ate strawberries and drank champagne (very nice).

We were determined to use the jacuzzi no matter how tired we were, so we had asked Kevin to arrange for it to be filled after the dinner (they don't do it anymore to save water). They filled it about halfway, and with petals, so we just topped up with hot water and sat in there until we were falling asleep, ha ha.

Also, we had booked 5 other rooms aside from ours. NCQ allowed us early check-in, late check-out, and a 50% discount on breakfast, and on the actual day, we got room upgrades, so my overseas guests and helpers were delighted.

Banquet:
Both the function room for the solemnisation and ballroom were beautifully decorated and very romantic feeling. Liz was very professional and found out what we needed and everything was set up exactly as we asked for. We didn't realise that they provided rose petals to throw, so we got our own confetti poppers, and in the end, our guests did both- throw petals and pop confetti (lol).

The banquet food was really good too, some of my friends said it was the best they'd eaten in a long time. People especially liked the crispy chicken in thai sauce and the yam ring. Although my family felt the rock garoupa was still too tough. The lotus-leaf rice was also a good choice over the noodles. Something interesting was that the vegetarian meal was apparently very good as well! Our vegetarians actually came up to compliment us on their food!

What we also liked was that instead of one menu per table, each person got a individual menu on a slip of paper with a description of each dish. My mom felt that was a very nice touch.

We used up 25 more bottles over our 34 bottles, so that was the only thing we didn't really plan for, but didn't incur any costs for beer above the one barrel provided. The wedding favours were also very popular, and we managed to get extra wedding favours, so that was nice :D

So all in all, the NCQ was a really great choice for us. We were in love with the venue from the start, which was why we went for it, but it's really got a lot going for it in terms of value for money. They may not bargain a lot in terms of pricing, but I find that they've been so accomodating in many other ways, especially the 5-star service we got, from the smiling reception staff to the helpful bellhops!

mich55

Hi Earthsea,

did you ask for the early check-in, late check-out?? that's very nice of them...glad to hear much good comments!

jaslyn888

Hye,

my friend told me she might be bathing at my Bridal Suite on my AD before the dinner commence. WIll the bath tub / bath room be filled with flowers too? If yes, maybe I will ask my friend to not bath here le...

earthsea

Hi Jaslyn, nowadays NCQ doesn't fill it up anymore cos waste water. If you want, then you can ask for it. But the thing is, the bathroom is the best place to do make up, so if you do your make up there, no one else can.

Michelle, yep we checked in at 1.30pm and out on 3pm. Early check-in depends on room availability. Will share photos with you all when they're available!

pannie

Hi Everyone.

Just had my wedding a day later than earthsea. Mine was on 27th Dec. Just like Earthsea, only good comments for Novotel. Everything was fantastic. Liz was real good. I loved the bridal suite alot. All the guests said that the food is good and cleared most of the dishes and they were too full by the time it came to the last two dishes. So I guess that means food was more than enough for everyone at the tables.

I used up additional 4 more bottles of wine on top of the complimentary so was quite ok. Oh.. I even took a photo of the bed.. Couldn't let anyone destroy the layout before wedding started. Haha!! Everyone was being banned from touching the bed.

883541.jpg

883542.jpg

883543.jpg

miomio

Congratulation Earthsea and Ann!

The picture looks great!.

Im have shortlist Novotel Cinnamon room and M Hotel Anson Room, as i have only 20-25tables. Both are as cosy, dunno which to take.

by the way, i will be meeting Huiling from Novotel to view the cinnamon room.

Anyone had their wedding in cinnamon room, any comment?

Dealing with Gordon, his very efficient in replying emails. By the way is Gordon new in Novotel? didnt heard any of you mention him .. hee.

happinessbliss

Esther,

My dinner was held in Cinnamon Room... I had 18 tables....

We love the fact that the whole foyer is only use by us and hence will not have guests going to wrong ballroom...

My coordinator is Hui Ling.... I have not heard of Gordon so I'm not too sure abt him...

natelyn

Hi all,

New to this thread. I'm planning to get Novotel for my AD in 2010 as well. Been liaising with both Kevin &amp; Gordon..think both are very efficient in their replies. But too bad till today, 2010 rates is still not out, nor booking available. But i just received their show perks for BOWS2009. If want, I can update here..=)

earthsea &amp; Ann> Congrats!!! Your weddings must have been very beautiful. it's really nice to see some great reviews..boost the confidence =)btw, which menu and ballroom did you take? what are the themes available??

hmmm...care you share your photos with me? my email is [email protected]
thanks!!

dinny

Wow the room looks great!! Feeling all excited about my wedding at the end of 2009 now. Ann, anymore pics to show us??

minxue

hi..
can post up the perks? natelyn?

bows able to book for 2010???
my ad is 23 may 2010.

hope the pricing is of my budget=)

miomio

Happiness&amp;Bliss,
Thanks for sharing your gd experience in Cinnamon ballroom.

Does the Cinnamon Ballroom has high ceiling?

natelyn

joey> me too...praying the pricing during bows2009 will not increase too much from 2008. else if too much off budget, my fh will want to reconsider again...