Nov 2008 Brides

ewwgetoffme

Okay, we really should stop hijacking the Dec 2008 brides thread :p

How are you girls getting on with planning? Please share!
happy.gif
Hope that you girls can get to know more Nov 08 brides here.

My church wedding and dinner is on 1 Nov 2008. So far I've settled my BS, AD photography, banquet venue and how my invitations should look (haven't do yet). Getting the guest list out right now... There are so many people to invite, hehe.

lost_in_space

Hi Lydia,

I'm also a Nov08 bride.. AD is a week later than urs 08Nov08. I'm also settled my BS, venue, guest lists (estimated).. :D plus march-in songs.. maybe scouting for gown designs to MTM my gown this Oct07.. So where is your banquet venue?

Lost

princess_momo

Hey Ladies,

Include me pls, I'm 23 Nov 08 bride.
Had settle on banquet and bridal. Now sourcing for red wines. Bridal shop I settle for Di Gio. So waiting for their calls for gown fittings next year..got to wait patiently.
Today, I'm going with my bf and his mum for some wedding shopping..heehee.. So I guess we are in the same boat.. Although still far away, but still feel excited about it and looking forward on that date.

Lydia: 1/11/08
Lost: 8/11/08
MoMo: 23/11/08...

Hi Lost,

You are from HIPV right?

pinkcupcake

Hi ladies, I'm also Nov 2008 bride. Wedding date is 16 Nov 2008. Banquet venue just settled today.
happy.gif
scouting for AD photographer now. after that, will slowly shop for wedding gown and florist. now, very slowly working on guest list. Hi lydia, nice to see you on this thread too!
happy.gif
many things have happened since i last "spoke" to you. yup, have settled my wedding venue. looking forward to sharing info with all other brides here.

rommie

Hi all Nov 08 Brides

I was from the Dec 08 Brides thread...

Have decided to bring forward my wedding date to Nov 08 as I hope to go for a longer honeymoon (due to nature of work I am not entitled to leave application for certain months of the year) as well as have sufficient rest before I return to work.

lost_in_space

Hi momo,
right, me from HIPV.. where's ur venue?

Lost: 8/11/08 Venue: HIPV BS: Signoria Nuziale
mei: 16/11/08
MoMo: 23/11/08 Venue: ??? BS: Di Gio
Rommie: ???

pinkcupcake

Hi all,

my venue is at GCW.
happy.gif

want to share something with you and see what your opinion is:

I went gown shopping and saw a gown i really like. I decided to go ahead and book it coz i was afraid that it might be booked by someone else. Then a few days later, the shop called and told me that they are afraid that the gown might yellow because the AD is so far away. So they offered to MTM that design for me, but they will be putting the gown I chose up on the rack again.

At first, it seems like a good deal - brand new gown for me. But then hor, i thought, sian leh, that means other girls will wear that design before me leh. I mean, the whole idea of booking the gown so early was so that I will be the first one to wear that (it's a new design, according to them). Then hor, after reading so many things about bridal shops and how unethical they can be, I also thought, how do I know if it's a brand new MTM gown in the end? I mean, they can just take my measurements, then few months later, show me the gown. It could be that same old gown for all you know, just that it's been altered to my measurements.

Am i being paranoid? I emailed them all that i've mentioned and they said, no problem, they can always keep to the original arrangement. In the end i decided to follow their advice - let them put the gown on the rack and have that design MTM for me next year.

I just hope I haven't 'insulted' them by even suggesting the possibility that they could use the same gown and I wouldn't know.

anyway, what's done can't be undone. But how do you girls feel about this episode? Did I get a better deal?

In any case, I would like to think the suggestion was their good intention. The guy looked so hurt when I went down to the shop (to politely ask for his suggestion on whether to take his advice) and i felt SOOOO bad! Wished i haven't been so frank with my thoughts!

Anyway:
Hi lost, what does HIPV mean?? and your BS sounds exotic.
happy.gif
where is it located?

lost_in_space

Hi mei,

I also encountered the same situation as u.. I fell in love with one of the OTR gowns (very long train) but AD will very long way from now.. so I told the boss that on the AD itself, I will MTM a simple and normal for the AD day use.. then at night I will wear the OTR gown.. hehehe.. I also scared that the MTM which I'm going to make in coming Oct07 will be wear by some other brides.. told the boss abt my concerns.. he assured me that they dun let other brides wear my MTM gown.. as for my BS is located at tanjong pagar.. my venue is Holiday Inn Park View (HIPV) at the somerset near starhub centre.. actually i also want GCW but too expensive already can't afford... so which is ur BS???

Updates:
Lydia: 1/11/08 Venue: ??? BS: ???
mei: 16/11/08 Venue: GCW BS: ???
tiffy: 22/11/08 Venue: ??? BS: ???
Rommie: Date?? Venue: ??? BS: ???

pinkcupcake

hello lost,

my BS is Silhouette. Girls out there reading my previous posting on my gown, please don't get me wrong. The service at Silhouette is very good and the gowns are very nice. The people there are very friendly too. Just had a misunderstanding with them that's all.
happy.gif

lost_in_space

Hey gals,

Check with u all.. how much are u paying for the BS packages?

Updates:
mei: 16/11/08 Venue: GCW BS: Silhouette
tiffy: 22/11/08 Venue: ??? BS: Silverlining
Rommie: Date?? Venue: ??? BS: ???

pinkcupcake

mine is $3300.
thanks, Lost, for the update.
happy.gif

what's inside the package:
1 WG OTR
1 men's suit, MTM, to keep
2 make-up (day and night) and 1 trial
6 corsages,
1 hand bouquet
1 car and 2 accompanying car deco

rommie

Hi fellow gorgeous Nov 2008 brides

Rommie: 15/11/08 Venue: Furama City Centre BS: Bridal Elegance
mei: 16/11/08

MoMo, r u putting up in BLK 26D Jalan Membina??? Think we are neighbours, same blk somemore leh
happy.gif

lost_in_space

Hi ppl.

Let's fill up the ???

Updates:
Rommie: 15/11/08 Venue: Furama City Centre BS: Bridal Elegance
mei: 16/11/08 Venue: GCW BS: Silhouette
tiffy: 22/11/08 Venue: ??? BS: Silverlining

My package also $3388 upgrade the photos.. plus ard 1200+++ excludes AD car and photography..

shyantiffy

ah haha... dear lost.. I still can't fill in my ??? wor... hai~ den lagi worst.. the initial venue for my solemnisation gotta be changed coz my FH have some disagreement with the restaurant.. hai~ U gals got any good suggestion to hold solemnisation?

pinkcupcake

our thread very quiet...so let me just write something. ha ha.
happy.gif

Lost, I went to your BS's website. The gowns are very nice and dreamy. aiyah. don't know why i miss out that studio. should have gone to take a look.
happy.gif
what kind of design did you choose?
happy.gif

lost_in_space

mei, I paid ard 5k for a full metallic album~~ u might wonder what is metallic album~~ something like the gal sitting on the swing (the homepage of the bridal shop's website) and also a reasonable size digital photos album~~ this way i will have the best of both worlds! keke~~~ I just booked my appointment to MTM my gown.. so excited.. but need to slim down faster~~~ :/

so what have u all been doing?? any updates to share with me?? My hubby and I had decided on a particular type of floor plan.. hopefully can buy a HDB flat.. with the current soaring like hell housing market... it seems impossible for newly-wed couples to buy flat~~ I heard that a buyer who offered to pay 20K for 4A flat was also rejected!! can't believe it! guess the only way left is either to wait for the market to cool down or to buy directly from HDB (Going to join in the queue for Aug07 Sector C) Pray* that we get a better number this time round...

Lost

pinkcupcake

hi lost, yeah. market very hot now. hopefully you can get a brand new HDB flat. My friend very blessed - he got a 4A flat directly from HDB just a few months back, 8th floor, corner unit, for about 200plus K i think. It's in tampines, 12 year old flat. he would have paid alot more for a resale. I hope you will also be this lucky.
happy.gif

My new flat won't be ready till late 2008. always popping by to see which level the construction is at. heh heh.

haven't been doing much planning since i have settled the gowns, venue and photography already. Now just cutting out pictures from magazines (nice makeup, hairdo, gowns) and pasting them on my scrapbook. This scrapbook will be like a memento of my wedding planning. ha ha! also bought a diary/planner to jot down the dates i went shopping for bridal stuff (gowns, venue etc)next time can look back to re-live these fun times.
happy.gif

Hey, when is your appointment? I'm dying to make my gown also.
happy.gif
I can't wait for the end of the year to come so that i can go look at the new collection at my BS...
sad.gif

what about the other nov brides? what have you gals been up to?
happy.gif

lost_in_space

Hey mei, My appointment is 10 Oct.. still have 2 more months to go~~ have been cutting out pictures and put in my scrapbook too hehe..had a rough idea how my wedding gown is going to be... I also had another scrapbook for my home design~~ the floor plan, cabinets~~ haha...

when is ur PS? mine will be in Feb08.. so far.. i only settled the venue and BS~~ plus guest lists.. and 2 scrapbooks.. i think the next thing will be the ang bao box.. going to make it myself..

pinkcupcake

Hi lost, i'm not even sure if i will be having a pre-wedding photoshoot..but i think i will lah.
happy.gif
At first me and my boyfriend quite sure we don't need. Then after choosing my OTR gown, i thought i should take more pictures in it. ha ha! But have to slowly break the news to my boyfriend. If not he will freak out coz we already splurge on the AD photography.

Usually how many months earlier should the PS be before the AD? i thought at first i might take it in June or even sept. so that i will have one year to grow my hair etc.
happy.gif

hey, when you finish with your ang bao box, take a pic and let me see! I quite lazy to do my own leh...not very good with craft work also.but don't know where to get nice ones. so maybe have to end up making one myself.
happy.gif

sleepydopeey

hi gals,
i am also gg to be a nov bride..yippee!!..was wondering isit possible for us to change the heading for our thread ..coz many gals might not scroll down to look for nov 2008 even though they are getting marry on this month..can we change it to (2008/11) nov brides like what other gals have done so that it is easier for us to keep check and keep each other updated on what is going on..=)

pinkcupcake

good idea sleepydopeey.
happy.gif
i have created a new thread (2008/11) Nov 2008 brides. so 'malu'. earlier this afternoon tried creating a new thread but put my username accidentally instead! alamak. So now there's a 'pinkcupcake' thread.
sad.gif

so gals, we shall chat in the new thread?

pinkcupcake

hi gals, we have moved to the thread '2008/nov brides' quite a few months back. some people might not scroll all the way down and spot this thread. see you there?
happy.gif

namix

Hi everyone, I am a newbie here. I planning to sign-up the photo package with Signoria. Is anybody be able to give some comments on it? Thks!