Non-believer Muslim convert married to Muslim.

I don’t know what to do. Married for almost 2 years to a staunch practicing Muslim. I converted solely for marriage. Recently been thinking of having kids but it seems almost impossible because I don’t believe in the religion...

I’m approaching my mid 30s, and having to find a new partner + my chances of conceiving are lower. :(

Yes I still do love him.

Because I personally do not believe in indoctrinating children from young. Humans should have the right to choose religion only when they are adults. I have seen the negative effects of being brought up in a religion, only to realize when they are older that what they were taught does not sit well with them.

My husband and I actually agreed to not have children, unless a miracle happens and we are suddenly on the same page. However, I can’t help but feel a sense of missing out on the joys of bringing up my own children.

ing1

Sorry, you guys agree not to have kids and you guys are suddenly on the same page? Confused. Aren't you guys already on the same page?

Or both of you suddenly have the urge to have your own kids now?

rip_curl

Its up to individual when it comes to religious matters. There is a reason why ppl believe in a particular religion. The kids will grow up to decide themselves especially in this current society. What makes you then think the decision you make for your kids are correct? You dont give them the choice too?

So because of this you are thinking of finding a new partner and ditching your current husband? Which religion are you in then?

MyENV

Just ask yourself if you going to live your life in this environment (husband Muslim and you non-Muslim believer) plus childless marriage ( husband doesn’t want to have children but you want) for the next 40 to 50 years, is it ok for you and will you be happy? Both of you are not on the same page for religion and children matter.

Its up to individual when it comes to religious matters. There is a reason why ppl believe in a particular religion. The kids will grow up to decide themselves especially in this current society. What makes you then think the decision you make for your kids are correct? You dont give them the choice too?

So because of this you are thinking of finding a new partner and ditching your current husband? Which religion are you in then?
I believe in giving children a choice. But in my current situation any children will have to be Muslim.

I am currently a convert, but I only converted for marriage.

Just ask yourself if you going to live your life in this environment (husband Muslim and you non-Muslim believer) plus childless marriage ( husband doesn’t want to have children but you want) for the next 40 to 50 years, is it ok for you and will you be happy? Both of you are not on the same page for religion and children matter.
Yeah we’re definitely not on the same page religion-wise. Oh well, I think I know how this is going to end.

Thanks for the replies...