Need suggestions on wedding emcee

Discussion in 'A Meeting Place For All ROM Couples' started by klgy, Oct 30, 2014.

1. klgy

klgy New Member

Hi all friends,

Busy preparing for my wedding next yr march

But 1 of the most headaches problem is finding of emcee

Had check around, the best deal is $600 for 2 junior emcee which i think is already a good deal.

But because of budget, was hoping to see if there is better deal around

Thanks

Redvelvetsg and berni like this.

2. jrlove

jrlove New Member

Hi there. U can try slyvia . She not bad. As for her quotation, i'm not too sure. Maybe u could try email her at syltham@gmail.com

3. klgy

klgy New Member

I had email her before. She charge close to 600.

4. tulipkiss

tulipkiss Active Member

That's very pricey, isn't it. Does she do anything else, like singing or games during the banquet?

5. jkwedding308

jkwedding308 Active Member

If you're on a budget, have you considered asking a friend or relative to be the emcee instead? Emcees don't necessarily have to talk throughout the entire few hours of banquet so they can also join in the banquet dinner/lunch as one of the guests. Plus, having a friend or relative be the emcee makes it even more significant as that person can easily relate personal tales (just make sure you proofread the emcee script beforehand to avoid any dodgy or embarrassing tales, haha) which is more meaningful, both for you as well as for the emcee (they'll feel honoured that you've asked them at least). As a token of appreciation, you can provide a small ang pow for the emcee (between $50-$150 depending on your relationship with that person and the scale of your banquet) which will no doubt cost much less than $600. Just a suggestion... ;)

kytheon likes this.
  6. pinkpetter

pinkpetter Member

I agree with jkwedding308. The best way to save on this is to find someone who is ok with it. I was an emcee twice at my friends' weddings. I was shocked and nervous at first but managed cos I talk a lot in my job. Try finding someone easy going and speaks relatively well. ;)

7. tulipkiss

tulipkiss Active Member

$600 is probably paying for her presence. but i believe the bride/couple should be the limelight of the wedding, not the (popular/famous) emcee.. lol.

there are other emcee packages out there that cost only in the $300-$400 range. those are reasonable imo, especially if the packages come with additional entertainment perks like songs or dance or games or a short magic show or something. solves the couple's problem with a small amount and all the friends can sit back and relax/enjoy the wedding banquet at the same time.

8. klgy

klgy New Member

My first choice is also to find friends who can help.
    But think my friends around me are shy type.

9. Ginbridetobe

Ginbridetobe New Member

Hi ladies, I'm getting married in Dec 2015. I have booked Sylvia as my emcee too. Actually I do agree with certain points that she mentioned and trust me after i attended a wedding emceed by her, I have an entire different view of wedding emcees. It's not about paying for her presence but rather it's for her wonderful wedding emcee skills that awed everybody! Maybe you might want to check out these few pages of hers?

https://www.facebook.com/7376979929...7263452563/865777173452572/?type=1&permPage=1

https://www.facebook.com/7376979929...7263452563/865777203452569/?type=1&permPage=1

https://www.facebook.com/7376979929...7263452563/865777223452567/?type=1&permPage=1

https://www.facebook.com/7376979929...7263452563/865777243452565/?type=1&permPage=1

10. nudieposh

nudieposh Member

since we are in this topic... other then english and chinese emcee.. have you ever attend 1 with 3 emcees? English, Chinese and Hokkien??

11. tulipkiss

tulipkiss Active Member

Never, haha! Do all 3 of them say the same thing? That will take longer than usual I supposed!

12. nudieposh

nudieposh Member

well... im not sure what they are going to say for now. my HTB and i just had an idea to also have a hokkien emcee, since his colleagues and our relatives are all hokkien speaking...

13. tulipkiss

tulipkiss Active Member

Ohh.. But do they understand mandarin too? Probably one of the emcees you get can speak interhangeably between mandarin and hokkien? Cos 3 persons on the stage seems like a lot! Or maybe I'm just not used to that idea.. :)

14. nudieposh

nudieposh Member

yes, they will understand mandarin too. true that having 3 person on stage seems like a lot.. still exploring around for ideas!

15. Estelle Goh

Estelle Goh New Member

Hey nudieposh,

When's your big day? :)

My partner and I provide wedding emcee services and are proficient in English, Mandarin, Teochew and Hokkien.

That should save you the hassle of having 3 emcees (which may be pretty costly if you ask me)

We have hosted 4 weddings in Hokkien and English before, so we are able to craft a script according to yours and your HTB's liking.

We would love to discuss more with you if you'd like!

Do drop me an email at estelle.bridgette@gmail.com

In the meantime, take care and congrats!!!

Estelle

16. Azel-O

Azel-O New Member

I just had my wedding banquet hosted by Sylvia on 8 Feb and I would like to say she is fabulous! Highly recommended! My guests and relatives are so impressed and keep telling us the ambience of the banquet was thumbs up! They love the games and felt it was totally different from other wedding as its highly entertaining.

Even for my friend (who questioned me why do I need to spend unnecessary money to engage in a professional emcee whereby I can call a brother and sister to help us for hosting) commented that after seeing Sylvia's hosting, it is really a big difference between a professional n non-professional emcee. Sylvia is able to 炒气氛 and it's not boring at any seconds!

Besides that, we were really impressed with Sylvia's vast experience and agile thinking especially when one of our videos came up with no sound. At that moment, Sylvia came up and she was able to distract the guests with her speech while the brothers were troubleshooting the video. This is not a easy task when something caught up and a person can react so fast. We were truly fascinated!

We were glad that we found Sylvia as our emcee whom make our banquet so smooth sailing with the guests enjoying themselves in her hosting! She is the best!

17. Denise Tan

Denise Tan New Member

How much was it for Sylvia's emcee service?:)

18. Tiah Li Sian

Tiah Li Sian New Member

Hi am looking for a wedding emcee for my upcoming wedding this July, had looked for Sylvia but her rate now has increased to $888 which i personally felt abit overpriced. There was a sharp increase in her rate. As such, do you guys have any to intro with a budget of $600 or less? Would really appreciate if you could share with me or email me at capriccola@gmail.com.
    Thanks much!

19. Tiah Li Sian

Tiah Li Sian New Member

Hi, would you be able to share the emcee you have engaged with me? Are they good? Would appreciate if you can email to capriccola@gmail.com. Thanks!

Poshberriesweet likes this.
  20. Poshberriesweet

Poshberriesweet New Member

Hi Li Sian, congrats to your upcoming big day!!

I provide wedding emcee service for many occasions & hosted for corporate functions as well.

Pls contact me at mphosis_spree@hotmail.com for further discussions. Thank you.

21. Geraldine.goh

Geraldine.goh New Member

Hi, I have engaged Wow Magic for my wedding before. I am happy with their services. They provide mc, magic and photo booth at good prices. You can contact them at www.wowmagic.com.sg

22. amazon888

amazon888 Member

Hi all... any idea what's the estimated price for having Emcees for wedding now? Usually do we get 1 Emcee or we need a pair?

23. wowmagic

wowmagic Member

Hi, 1 emcee who can speak both Eng and Chinese is enough. We can provide you a wedding emcee, magicians and photo booth. Do check out www.wowmagic.com.sg to find out more about our packages.

24. dollielovely

dollielovely Member

Hi I have a talented friend whom can do Emcee for weddings and he is definitely one to recommend :) He do it all by himself (both English and mandarin). If anyone keen , kindly pm me for contacts :) Thk u

25. JAMES GOH

JAMES GOH New Member

H all, i am looking for Emcee for my wedding on 12 Nov 2017 lunch. Any recommend ?
    can pm me or email me at jamesgohyk1978@gmail.com

26. Lijia Boo

Lijia Boo New Member

Hello! Can pm me your friend's contact or rates @ lijiabooo@gmail.com.

Thank you!

27. Tayhx

Tayhx New Member

Can you send me his pricing? Thanks. Johnlim.hx@gmail.com.

28. Jessie.Y

Jessie.Y Member

Hi can pm me your friend's pricing & contact? jessie.yeoh@ymail.com

29. g3rll

g3rll New Member

Hello, can share his contact? g3rl.goh@gmail.com

Thanku!!

30. Omgwanpin

Omgwanpin New Member

Hi can advise me on his service and pricing ?:)

31. Redvelvetsg

Redvelvetsg New Member

Agree with you.