Need advice on flower decoration at hotel banquet

Annieloh

Hi ladies, i am confused. Usually banquet will cover the decorations but i noticed there are people whom engage flower decorator separately.. y is there a need to do so?
Anyone knows if hotel will provide decorations for the reception table as well? Say flower petals etc.. do i need to purchase myself to decorate the table??

pinkpetter

Hotel will usually cover the banquet decor as what you see in the mock up they show you when you ask to view. You can ask the hotel person to show you how it will be done up. Sometimes they let you in before a real wedding to see how it looks like in real set-up. Some people hire their own decorator + balloon people + flower people cos they want a more personalised look.

As for the reception, it varies from hotel to hotel but even if they provide it's very simple. Some petals that's all. Other things you'll have to buy.

pinkpetter

:) Just to add, the other day I saw some really nice things at Typo (the stationery shop affliated to Cotton on?) They have some blocks that form the word Love, and some glitter stuff and bird cages you can use for decor. Spotlight also has great stuff which I always buy to help my friends make bridal decor. :)

Annieloh

I bought a love block and some alphabet letterings when i was in bali.. spotlight sounds like a good place to source for items.. great recommendation! Thk u!!