My Dream Wedding

pinknoir

Hi Amryllis, I chose white for all 3 of my gowns for photoshoot
happy.gif
white gives me more wedding feeling. But that's just me

chloe_qy

for my PS, i took 2 white gown, and turquoise EG...i think it's quite easy for fair skin ladies to choose gowns, cos we can wear most of the colors.

ur coordinator should be able to give u the best advice, so no worries. =)

amryllis

Wow noir really classy...all long trains and can can? i like colours so i chose turquoise n fuschia bt not sure if turquoise will turn out nice in photos. Noir u must have v gd figure cos white somehow makes me fatter and stocky. Strange.
sad.gif

Chloe, can advise what shade of turquoise did u choose? i chose almost light green so when i saw the photo, it was rather pale. Yours? I saw two brides when i did my fitting - yellow and peachy pink. I must say the colours v nice. Apparently yellow gown is v popular at MDW!

pinknoir

amryllis, I chose a long train, a short skirt and a can can for variety since all white. Dun dare to touch mermaid cutting coz I think important thing is choose a cutting that will flatter your height and figure, the rest are secondary
happy.gif

sha2012

Christina Grace when did you go to HK for your PS?

I took up their HK & AD package.

Wondering how the PS flow is like in HK.

Would you mind sharing with me. Thanks.

chloe_qy

amryllis, the turquoise gown which i have worn is the same one worn by Angelababy. u can check with ur coordinator, cos they referred that gown as 'angelababy gown' haha. apparently, quite a few gowns was made reference to her.

yea, agreed that yellow gown is very popular in MDW now. they said it's in trend in HK, that's y they bring it to SG. i chose baby yellow EG for my AD too.

just an update, i went to MDW for AD gown selection yesterday, and this time round, i managed to confirm my gown. yay! my coord let me try the latest gown which arrived only yesterday, and i love it. my htb and sis said it's lovely too. for EG, i have already shortlisted the baby yellow one, so yesterday i tried it one more time and confirmed it too. hehe, so happy!

amryllis

Hey chloe happy that u confirmed ur gowns already!
happy.gif
Eh i thought they say the next batch will come in May so fast arrive ah? I only recall the white and red one worn by her..cannot rem the turquoise one. Got pic to share? Your baby yellow one sounds nice!
happy.gif

Oh btw, did u get nu bra during ur ps and ad? My friend told me that they usually tape with surgical tape and masking tape to push the boobs in place. Sounds painful to me...any one has the exp?

chloe_qy

amryllis, thanks! the baby yellow one is that kind of princessy pom pom which is exactly what i'm looking for, then there are crystals and blings blings on the waist, i love it!

for my turquoise EG, i have pictures, but let me get the softcopy and then share with u k, cos it's with my htb now, he's doing the montage.

oh..for the new arrival on Sat, it's only 1 piece of white gown, no EG. the latest batch of EG arrived like 2-3 weeks ago, which is my baby yellow EG batch. there is another hot pink which i thought it's nice too, but not nice on me though. my coord said the next batch will be in May.

hmm i did not wear any nu bra for PS, cos the paddings on the gown are good enough for me since i have assets liao. haha. *shy*

nearbtb

Hey gals, i just received a call from yuling yesterday asking me to go down for selection of gowns on jul, is that the norm? my AD is in nov, i find that its a bit early its like 5 mths ahead?
amryllis, i heard of that before, i think it onli applies when u choose something reli low cut which needs to 'show' ur boobs.

amryllis

WOW Chloe sounds great your gown. OMG Can see or not...so excited for u.
happy.gif
Wow ur htb is so nice to do the montage. My htb cannot be bothered leh....probably I will be the one doing it.
sad.gif
I got a hot pink one but that's the only one I can confirm for my ps. The other white and turquoise/gold one I am reconsidering cos my loved ones say very 'heavy'. Sighz. Got to do it again in May onwards...so near my ps date in july. Nervous. WOW so good envy ur boobies. I also want! RAWR! Show me pics...nose bleed liao.

BTB (nearbtb): pls go for ur fitting first so that u can 'chope' those u like and even if u don't, u can still do another fitting a few months later. Better to try first so u know what type u like/cannot wear so u have time to think.

Apparently a lot of forums say that for AD, better to stick w tape cos it holds better as sweat tends to make nu bra shift. Nu bra helps to give your bust an extra lift. For cup size c and above, don't need.

chloe_qy

amryllis, i dont have the picture for my baby yellow gown, didnt get from my coord..u can go to MDW to see, hehe.

i think May should be still in time for ur PS in july, cos i had my PS in sep last year, and i chose my gown only in aug. hehe.

btw, when is ur AD?

crypaz

Hi all, would like to find out for the topping up of photos is there a minimum no. that you have to top up before they will give you discount? How much discount would they give? Or is it on a case by case basis? If i were to only top up for softcopy, would there be discount also?

amryllis

Chloe, ok will do but they have so many many gowns I think they might not know which one too. LOL. Btw yellow doesn't suit all skin tone.
happy.gif
My AD is in Oct. very rushed.

chloe_qy

amryllis, they dont have many EG, and i think they have only 1 baby yellow gown, so should be able to know which one u r referring to. hehe. yup, yellow only suits fair skin type.

oic, ur AD is in Oct, ok ah, why rush leh?

amryllis

Chloe, cos I am doing PS in july and MDW needs 4 months to complete the album. I most likely can't get my album. But it's ok lah, will just flash soft copy first or get a printer to print some posters around the plc on AD.

chloe_qy

oo then why dont u bring forward ur PS date? actually if u r ok with their layout, 3 months is sufficient for ur album to be ready.

but like what u said, softcopy is fine too, one of my friend's did that during his wedding, i think it's rather nice too.

amryllis

Chloe - yes we will see how first cos my htb is picky like dunno what..LOL. Thanks for ur advice!
happy.gif
when is ur AD? OMG exciting? You did ur ps locally?

chloe_qy

my AD is on 15 May, less than 2 months. i'm so excited!! alot of things to prepare...initially i'm still quite laid back, but now, i feel that time is running short already. haha. so u girls better start early!

btw, now, my htb told me baby yellow gown will look outdated after a few years...opps, he suggested me to change my EG. but MDW's EG selections is really quite limited. then i was thinking if i should go for 2 white gowns instead...one of my fren cant find her ideal EG from her BS too, so she wore 2 different type of white gowns for both her march in...she is the first bride i know of doing this. u girls seen before mah?

pinknoir

I think it's ok to have 2 white gowns for march in, but choose very different cutting so it'll be obvious you had a change of clothes
happy.gif
I also find white colour more timeless

amryllis

I agree w noir. Perhaps choose something nt just pure white, w some colours like white w red/black,etc. Ok to have 2 white gowns bt I feel tt dun have to think too much on whether ur yellow gown is goin to b timeless or nt. Most impt u must like it cos it really boost ur confidence on ur big day. Also it's nt like u r goin to want to keep up w fashion right? When u look bk, u can show whoever hw beautiful u looked n ur personal fashion sense, nt hw trendy or classic ur gown looks. Tat's wat I think. Wow may! Tt's my fren's wedding. Which hotel u having ur ad at? Cool! I m only trying my ps gown then!

amryllis

Btw I tot mdw will charge if u dec to change a cfmed gown? Also another 'timeless' option will b cheongsam. If u are fair n slim, nothing looks more flattering than a well tailored cheong Sam. Alluring, traditional n timeless.
happy.gif

chloe_qy

yup, i will go for 2 white gowns. white is timeless, and my banquet theme is white and champagne roses as well.

charge if change confirm gown? i never heard of this before, anyway i just confirmed 2 days ago, dont see any problem if i want to change since they have not do any alterations to the gown yet. shall call MDW ASAP haha, since my coord is not around this week, need to get another person to help me.

amryllis

It's written at the back of the contract. I noticed that. Yup my coordinator is not around this week as well. Let us know if they say anything cos I know that they usually ask the coordinator to handle all ur things and they don't really have a 'cover' system.

chloe_qy

oo is that so? i didnt notice that, haha. i hope they wont be so inflexible ba, since it's not like i change my gown few days before my wedding. *pray hard*

kk will update u all again, cos i just called MDW and nobody can help, they said need to wait for my coor to come back. duh!!

chloe_qy

my coord is xiao ai, she will be in HK for training for this whole week..

i ask already, but that guy who picks up the phone said nobody can assist...=(

chloe_qy

btw, girls i will be wearing nu bra on my AD. though i mentioned that i have assets but i think it's still better to wear to make the shape looks nicer...but i scare not sticky to last for the whole day. i have not wear any nu bra before. u all care to share ur experience?

amryllis

Yup chloe, my coordinator is Xiao Ai too. She's good! Yah loh I asked her before already. If she's not around whether can someone help cos I just want to try the gowns but she say cannot leh, she needs to take care of us from beginning to end..like we are her 'clients'. So that's why no cover system, unlike other bridal studios but it's to ensure only 1 person stay in contact throughout...so no misunderstanding also. But xiao ai is very nice. I think ok to change bah, as long as can find a suitable one dearie. No worries, don't panick kk! Like i shared, my friend will be getting her bridal studio to paste tape and then sticky tape because u will be running around on AD and nu bra will shift around. I agree w u...I also wanted more 'oomph' but will see what MDW suggests...

chloe_qy

amryllis, yup thanks, shall wait for xiao ai's return.

okies then i check with xiao ai and see what she says abt the nu bra thingy. hehe.

ys81

Hi laziee, your coordinator will probably tell you to come back when new stock arrives or rented out dresses come back from cleaning. For my wife we felt that the dress were of similar design. More glam, which will come out good in photos. But we prefered something more flowy and elegant so we took it from elsewhere.

Chole, 2 White gowns will need to top up? I believe their charges are different. Don't worry about the prep, rope in the brothers & sisters
happy.gif

amryllis

YS, you don't accept PM. Just want to check with you the other time you rented the gowns for your ps, how much does each cost? Thanks!

laziee

ops.. I'm now abit worried there may not be enuf time for me to choose my AD gowns.. hmm.. shld have arranged for fitting earlier as advised by my coordinator.. hopefully I can get my ideal gowns during the 1st try...

But.. can anyone tell me how to use tapes to stick the boobs in place? will the BS ppl know how to do it?

amryllis

Laziee dun worry, just do ur research b4 hand n u shld b able to find it. Based on ur body type, select some styles which will suit u n show ur coordinator. B open n practical.

ys81

Hi Amryllis, we had ps at hongkong and selected there. Tuxedo was selected in sg though. For AD we rented @ $800, quite low for AD gown.

sha2012

Hi YS, you had your ps at HK so how's the flow and the service like? Care to share more.

I took up their ps in HK too. But a bit worried and clueless.

Any advice? Thanks.

leafforme

I'm going for my first "interview" / "discussion" next week. Any idea what will be covered?

Am i expected to choose any gowns already? They have scheduled my PS in end June.

crypaz

Roanne they will ask you the places you like to have your photoshoot, the hairstyles you would like, and also you should be expected to choose gown already....

chloe_qy

roanne, if u have any gown/hairstyle u like from magazine, u can bring it for ur coor to see. i tried my PS gown during my first interview, so i guess u can expect to select gown on that day too.

amryllis

I think it depends on ur coordinator's time. My 1st interview was just bt everything except fr 1st fittingcos I did it on weekday evening n I specified fr 1st fitting to b ant time. So u might wan to do this altogether on ur 1st interview on a weekday afrnoon if poss. Since ur ps in June, all the more u need to do ur fitting soon. Chloe's advice is good!
happy.gif

leafforme

My Coordinator is Yulin. She advised me to go in the afternoon so i guess that's her plan to get me to choose the gowns, i think. She did not say what would be covered.

In fact, i am the one to call her to ask when our first meeting should be since she mentioned that i would need to take my PS in June when i sign the package.

I hope she's more proactive and enthusiastic with me. Figure crossed!

I have been hearing mixed comments about yu ling. Some say she is ok..some gives me the impression that she is not very proactive. The impression she gave me when I signed up was the latter, and I certainly hope she doesn't confirm my current thoughts.

leafforme

I just realised my typo error - it's FINGERS crossed. :p

Yeah, for mine as well. she wasn't proactive at all when we negotiate the package. it's was a lady at the counter that sort of talked to us (Coz we were sitting at the table just infront of the counter). She left the talking part to the lady and just do the paperwork on signing.

Hope she's better now. Another young lady was assigned to us. Can't remember her name...think it's maggie IIRC.